rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being classy while applying game?

I've sat down for a while thinking to myself the meaning of being classy in society. Then I contemplated about the meaning of being a gentleman in today's Western society. Not the fairy tale, beta kind of gentleman that is just a red carpet for women, but a calm, collected, assertive man who knows what he wants in life and how to get it.

What does being classy mean to you?

How does one be classy while applying game? Or can one be classy while applying game?

Don Draper, Frank Sinatra, Sean Connery as James Bond, Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love.

All of these are very classy examples of game. Game can be a very classy endeavour. For whatever reason, there's the myth of having to be a loud, obnoxious douchebag in order to seduce women (RSD is partially if not largely responsible for this).

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Quote: (07-22-2014 11:39 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

Don Draper, Frank Sinatra, Sean Connery as James Bond, Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love.

All of these are very classy examples of game. Game can be a very classy endeavour. For whatever reason, there's the myth of having to be a loud, obnoxious douchebag in order to seduce women (RSD is partially if not largely responsible for this).

I agree. I haven't seen much of Sean Connery but i've sen a couple of his videos regarding how to handle women. Not familiar with Don Draper. Frank Sinatra I actually have a collection of his, perhaps I should study his character if I can find a documentary of him. I've seen Ryan Gosling's movie as well. Plenty of material to go through.

I also like the style promoted in the Oceans movies. Lots of smooth characters around in those movies that I can work with. I think the count of monte cristo is a good movie on transformation....but I don't think I would have taken that woman back though. She made her choice.

To be classy and run game you have to already have a high SMV, and have a high value that she can actually see.

Don Draper is smooth and women know he's the boss, he doesn't have to win over the girl she's already won over the second she sees him.

valhalla

Quote: (07-23-2014 12:49 AM)Valhalla Wrote:  

To be classy and run game you have to already have a high SMV, and have a high value that she can actually see.

Don Draper is smooth and women know he's the boss, he doesn't have to win over the girl she's already won over the second she sees him.

How does one achieve high SMV?

Check my sig

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Quote: (07-23-2014 01:27 AM)Switch Wrote:  

Check my sig

Yes...A man who is never unintentionally rude could would tie into assertiveness.

Here in this thread we have examples of how men with class behave through actors or musicians (partial actors).

But what molds these men to be that of high value?

Wealth? Possibly..Sometimes you can already be born from a fine pedigree with tools already provided. Though it has been proven that even rich men are outrageous betas.

With some thought I believe that a gentleman would be described as a masculine male who exhibits calm, calculated, and confident behavior. Is charismatic and tolerates women who are feminine. Has clearly defined boundaries and shows respect when it is given.

That's what I get from the examples provided. Although I have much to work on, I too wish to achieve the level of high value. But to do that I must focus on improving as much as I can thats within my control and hopefully that success will become a natural attraction.

This probably encompasses the bulk of my game. Years ago, before I knew anything about women, I was picked out by a high-value female based on what she termed my level of class. At that tender age (20s), all I had going for me was a higher level of education (grad school) and international travel (I had been a professor in Korea).

Around the same time, a waitress came up to me and told me I didn't look like the type of guy who would get his hands dirty. I was a line cook at the time.

Ironically enough, I didn't have a clue how to dress back then.

'baller

Too much drama for a hit it and quit it brutha such as myself
Gotts Money - Law & Order SVU: Wildlife

Classy game usually needs a nice physical appearance to pull off. Or ur game need to be so fucking good you ooze off an aura of sex.

Ryan Gosling is classy as fuck. But if I look like that guy and have that purple suit on I could be deaf and mute and girls will still wanna be with me.

Parts of the reason is that US girls are bitches and dont know when a gentleman is showing manners, so if u treat them like ladies they get fucking confused and start labelling u creepy or weird. Unless you are handsome.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Quote: (07-23-2014 08:33 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Parts of the reason is that US girls are bitches and dont know when a gentleman is showing manners, so if u treat them like ladies they get fucking confused and start labelling u creepy or weird. Unless you are handsome.

That's because they've been desensitized from being treated like ladies. Their feminine nature is being washed away from them. Which is one of the reasons why this site exists. To game these newly evolved creatures.

Women throw the creep word around like it's to victimize themselves and degrade the other. Is the word creepy always use inappropriately? No, I don't believe so. There are alot of strange people in this world. Myself included [Image: biggrin.gif]

The American Girls Be Like thread is a hilarious example of just how contradictory and entitled these women are. Despite all that I think at least carrying yourself in a self-respecting manner will give off a presence that may demand a look or two......either way, there are plenty of different ways to run game. That's why this place is a treasure trove of knowledge.

Just run direct or asshole game, or a combination of both. Universally its the most flexible and versatile method of getting pussy.

Classy game actually do imply you gotta have class, which most men dont. I see plenty of guys trying to be classy in their suits and shit while holding their martini glass at the bowl or have their suit jacket stiches uncut.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Not dissing fat girls, ugly girls, old girls and treating them with the same respect you would a 10. Generally (outwardly at least) treasting all women with respect. Theres a lot of horrible women out there but not letting them make you bitter and bringing you down to their level shows class imo.

The problem with being classy is that girls don't reward class by itself. The examples already mentioned, James Bond and the rest, have established credentials. Also, Connery's Bond was operating in the 1960's, a vastly different time period in terms of female attitude and expectations. That era shares little in common with the Thunderdome in which we're living. This is all a way of saying that class isn't necessary, especially because classy ladies are in short supply.

Plenty of dudes without class can get laid. Think of how many times you've seen a loud drunk guy with a hot chick. In fact, the man who meets the frat douchebag stereotype may lack class, but never available ass.

The problem is that being classy is that you're letting others define what you find acceptable. You should set your own limits, not whether Don Draper or James Bond would approve of your actions. If you can accept wearing a bandana and a cut-off shirt, then you should do it. If you feel more comfortable in a suit and tie, then go with that. If you can pull either way, what's the problem?

Quote: (07-22-2014 11:55 PM)JustJay Wrote:  

I agree. I haven't seen much of Sean Connery but i've sen a couple of his videos regarding how to handle women. Not familiar with Don Draper. Frank Sinatra I actually have a collection of his, perhaps I should study his character if I can find a documentary of him. I've seen Ryan Gosling's movie as well. Plenty of material to go through.

I also like the style promoted in the Oceans movies. Lots of smooth characters around in those movies that I can work with. I think the count of monte cristo is a good movie on transformation....but I don't think I would have taken that woman back though. She made her choice.

Danny Ocean (George Clooney) is a great example. You actually don't need a documentary of Sinatra. There are a lot of really good movies he starred in, which people seem to forget. From Here To Eternity is probably the best one, and Burt Lancaster is another outstanding example in that movie. Sinatra is also in a 1960 version of Ocean's Eleven, where he plays Danny Ocean.

I would really strongly caution against only watching clips of Connery. Watching the whole movie makes it much easier to appreciate how good he is. He is, without question, the best James Bond there ever will be. He was the role, the others merely acted it. My personal favorites are From Russia With Love and Goldfinger, and I think he shows how to handle women firmly yet with class the best in those films.

Don Draper is Jon Hamm's character on Mad Men. He's a good example of both the dark and the light sides of game.

Not to diss, but I think it's rather wack when things are framed from the reference point of what someone sees someone doing on television.

It's as if people don't have any real-life people they can emulate, nah, the television taught them.

Quote: (07-25-2014 04:54 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

The problem with being classy is that girls don't reward class by itself.
Plenty of dudes without class can get laid. Think of how many times you've seen a loud drunk guy with a hot chick. In fact, the man who meets the frat douchebag stereotype may lack class, but never available ass.

Exactly. This is another one of those things that girls should "logically" respond to, but they actually don't. It's basically an analogue to the fact that girls don't really respond to a high level of expertise or skill in a certain area. Their attraction triggers just don't function on that level.

The hottest girls in your area are probably banging guys that look like they just got released from prison. Not a guy who carries himself like James Bond.

"while applying game" is a pretty odd thing to say. Being classy should be part of your game. You must be the game, it's not something you can "do." You start running into b.s. like last minute resistance when you start "applying" shit.

"Class" is a broad topic, but to me an important thing is to never accept a less than desirable situation. Always strive for the best possible situation. For example, don't take a bus to save $5 if the bus is overcrowded, hot, and will take 1 hour. Instead just pay for a taxi for more comfortable conditions. Time is money. This is more of a "high class" thing to do rather than being a class act. It's hard for me to distinguish the two

Quote: (07-26-2014 01:56 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Not to diss, but I think it's rather wack when things are framed from the reference point of what someone sees someone doing on television.

It's as if people don't have any real-life people they can emulate, nah, the television taught them.

This is a good point. We live in a society where we emulate so much from television, especially in regards to clown game. I believe that everyone learns/emulates from some personal source. It's how we learn to blend in with each other in society.

I wish I had a role model that wasn't a TV icon and rather an actual human being that IS high value rather than acting out to be. Until I run into such a person I default I'll use a few verbal cues and dress codes to command attention rather than having no foundation at all. It's the age we live in that we have to put on a mask and entertain others to keep their attention

Quote: (07-26-2014 11:26 AM)travolta Wrote:  

"while applying game" is a pretty odd thing to say. Being classy should be part of your game. You must be the game, it's not something you can "do." You start running into b.s. like last minute resistance when you start "applying" shit.

"Class" is a broad topic, but to me an important thing is to never accept a less than desirable situation. Always strive for the best possible situation. For example, don't take a bus to save $5 if the bus is overcrowded, hot, and will take 1 hour. Instead just pay for a taxi for more comfortable conditions. Time is money. This is more of a "high class" thing to do rather than being a class act. It's hard for me to distinguish the two

That is the end goal. Taking care of yourself by continually improving as a man to the point where High value is instantly recognized as soon as you walk through the door. Smooth and in control.

I think class act is more of a politics kind of game. It's a skill that's more geared towards networking with people. Class act says and does all the right things, is a bit witty and upstanding. The class act dresses to impress and is textbook "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Class act has the ability to imitate value of high class.

To me, high class is a person who is already in a position of power that knows how the game of formalities work. An easy example is Upper Class.

Quote: (07-26-2014 01:56 AM)jariel Wrote:  

I think that's a fair point. However, there are so few men who are actually competent at game that a TV character or a movie character are much easier points of reference.

I am in the UK and being classy means being, at least, middle class. These folk tend to have an entitlement mentality which makes it easier to pickup. Also other folks tend to respect and even look upto them so that adds to the ease.

If you are middle class, chances are you'd have a professional job so money is no problem. You'd also dress well, be well spoken, live a life of experiences. All these things just aids to helping the whole pickup process.

If on the other hand, someone is from the working class, its probably a bit more trickey. Because they have less money and don't feel as entitled.

It may or may not vary in other countries.