rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Members who serve as your conforming and contrarian travel indicators

Was having a chat with Lika today and we discussed how some guys seem to consistently have the opposite results as ourselves, and therefore serve as contrarian indicators on whether or not to visit a certain city or country.

For example, if Lika does well in a city, then I will probably do bad in it, and vice versa (we are on completely different ends of the appearance spectrum). I should avoid countries that he does well in and he should avoid countries I do well in because based on our travel experiences, we have little success overlap. It's possible this is due to more than appearance, of course, but it's the most obvious difference we could identify.

So, who on the forum seems to do the opposite of you and can therefore serve as a guide of where not to go?

My contrarian indicators:
-Slubu
-Lika
-Vicious

Of course this isn't an insult to the guys above.

My conforming indicators (guys who do well where I do well):
-Sirob
-Pepini
-Super Etoile
-dk902
-Greek kamaki (somewhat [Image: lol.gif] )

I'm sure I serve as a contrarian indicator for a lot of guys. "Roosh failed in Siberia... I'm on the next flight!" [Image: roosh.gif] [Image: roosh.gif] [Image: roosh.gif]

If this indicator theory is correct, then I predict that Slubu will do well in Lvov because Lika also did well there. We shall see.

Quote: (07-20-2014 04:56 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Was having a chat with Lika today and we discussed how some guys seem to consistently have the opposite results as ourselves, and therefore serve as contrarian indicators on whether or not to visit a certain city or country.

Yeah, turning RVF into a predictive "big data" platform would be really cool.

Funny, this analysis went through my mind as I was recently trying to decide on a place to visit for two weeks coming up. For me, conforming people seem to be:

- Akula
- Courage Reborn
- Qwest

I really haven't paid much attention on the flip side, though I sadly do have to agree that Roosh is a contrarian indicator for me. I haven't spent a lot of time in Poland and Norway, but enough that I should have been able to get at least one bang. But I'm shutout there.

Ironically, my buddy that I always travel with even though we share the same sentiment regarding a city's fun, we tend to be on opposite ends of the success spectrum.

Good news about Lviv then [Image: biggrin.gif]. But we will see, Ukraine actually seems to be a bit of an anomaly as Odessa and Kiev were both good to me, and I believe the same for Roosh even though he only had a few days to experience Kiev.

Here's my list of guys that the have a contrarian level in the Dominican Republic :

I watch IKE's activities because we are the same old age and I consider what he's doing even though our goals are a little different.

Chaos is a general inspiration for adventure travel off the beaten path. Fisto and I have overlapped in some of the places we have been and is always interesting in his observations of people and places.

I have set Cambodia as a future destination because of BB's writings on the place.

Now that I think about it, Odessa during the summer is a place that the theory doesn't hold as well, since results can be seemingly random. A guy can do poorly elsewhere in Ukraine, but good here, or do bad elsewhere in Ukraine but good here. Strange place.

I always read Scotians trip reports and datasheets with great interest because I often seem to view things in the same way as him. If he recommends a place, I wouldn't hesitate to go.

Fisto is a true inspiration who perhaps has the most entertaining reports on RVF in my book.
The "problem" is that legendary stuff always happens where he put down his foot.
Everybody will not have the same experience as him.

And yeah, Beyond Borders have also got me excited about going to Cambodia.

I'd call it 'confirmation' and 'contraindication' [Image: smile.gif].

I haven't traveled a lot, but almost anyone I wing with regularly is usually a confirmation. If a spot where I live is good to one person, it's usually good to most. I'm surprised that slubu is a contraindication for Roosh, as they don't seem like opposites in personality, although I know slubu likes to drink when he's out [Image: smile.gif]...