rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Serious question: how do you get tested for stds?

I just got this text message:

Quote:Quote:

Hey its Sara. The one you fucked last Saturday. You gave me chlamydia asshole. I went to the dr Friday

I'm not sure if I should text back or if this is a joke being played by the guy I tag teamed her with.

I don't believe I have any stds although I've never been tested. I don't show any symptoms of chlamydia or anything else but I'm a little bit worried now.

But how would I go about getting tested for STDs? What kind of doctor? I don't have insurance so what's the cheapest way and how much should I expect to pay out of pocket?

And on a related note how would you troll this text message to fish out the truth?

Maybe the other guy gave her chlamydia.

Kidding. I think it's usually free(check out a local health clinic). If you don't have health insurance, it won't cost much to get tested anyways($50-200) since chlamydia is a common STD.

In what country do you live at the moment? I can only give you an experience from Holland, in Europe.

I once went to test myself for STDs. I went to a health organization where a nurse helped me out. She let me pee in a little bottle and took a little blood of mine. One week later I received a text, saying that I had no STDs. I was checked for things like chlamydia/syflis/hiv.

Luckily, I didn't have to pay a penny because it used to be free, but now they have changed their policy and only gays can test with no cost. But it isn't too expensive I guess, I don't think it is more than 100EUR here, can't be too much of a difference in the US(I assume that you live there).

PS: they ask you really personal questions, like how many times you have visited hookers the last X months and how many different girls you did etc. Just be honest, there's no need to lie IMO

Monster first of all, are you having symptoms rash, irritation etc.

Secondly way to go about diagnosis and treatment depends upon your location, If in US, are you a student ? go to the University's student health center, STD's are the number one problem they deal with.

If not a student depends if you have Health Insurance or not.

If you don't want to reveal much on the forum, feel free to PM me.

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

I'm in the US and I'm not a student nor do I have health insurance. I'm not experiencing any symptoms which is why I think this is a prank, but come to think of it it would be nice to know how to get tested regardless.

Quote: (07-19-2014 08:51 PM)monster Wrote:  

I'm in the US and I'm not a student nor do I have health insurance. I'm not experiencing any symptoms which is why I think this is a prank, but come to think of it it would be nice to know how to get tested regardless.

Check with the county health department. Where I live there's a clinic at the county health center, they'll do a full panel for something like $7. You have to show up early in the morning or you'll be waiting all day but it's is almost free.

You could also try Planned Parenthood, but that costs around $100. However, I think you could plead poverty and they might cut you a break.

Quote: (07-19-2014 08:51 PM)monster Wrote:  

Chlamydia can often be asymptomatic (you don't notice anything unless you test for it). Chlamydia and gonorrhea can be screened for in a urine sample. A blood sample isn't used for those STDs.

Maybe you should ask her how she can be so sure that you gave it to her?

Go get checked. You can have things and not show symptoms.

I'm in the US and went to planned parenthood without insurance (I didn't want to give them my real name). They charged me around $200.

When I talked to the girl at planned parenthood she said "You would be surprised about how many people have some sort of std. That is why I have a boyfriend."

Stds have really made me second guess sleeping around a lot and not using a condom.

The weirdest fucking part of this story is when I walked in to planned parenthood I saw this really cute girl look up at me and just start smiling and I was a little taken aback like she was into me. I sat down and was thinking about her and then realized that I had hooked up with her off of tinder about 1 month earlier. I could tell she was busy away texting her friends about her experience as well.

What's the story with the double teaming? I just get tested at the doctor's for a $10 copay

Monster I agree with what RockHard said, check with County or any other public health dept even check with the University hospital, they might do it for free even if you don't have health Insurance.

Second cheapest option would be check with an Urgent treatment center and ask to be tested for chlamydia and Gonorrhea only and ask them how much it would cost ?

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Go to Planned Parenthood and tell them you don't have insurance or any money. I don't know why they charged TeddyKGB $200, I never paid more than $20 for the full screening any of the times I went.

The county health department is another option.

The gay area of town is guaranteed to have free STD clinics.

Late time I went to PP for a full screening it was $75. Maybe it varies from branch to branch or on how much you can pay. They're a non-profit and all about safe sex so I'm sure they'll work with you if money is a problem.

Just go to LabCorp or wherever. I get tested regularly. I make the girls in my rotation get tested as well once we start raw-dogging. College girls generally can get tested for free on campus. Grad school, etc.

I always get tested first so I can tell them I'm clean but I need them to get tested as well. 100% acceptance rate.

I've been scared to death to get tested. Never have shown any symptoms of anything and always use a condom. But I still just...can't bring myself to do it.

As for the text message, I'd go radio silence and text her in a couple of days. "Went and got tested. Came back negative. Thanks for the health scare."

If it's your buddy, he'll come clean and laugh that you got tested. Then you'll know. Either way, best not to confirm it if you've got it.

Tornado

There's never any guarantee until you go get tested. Until then, radio silence. You have no guarantee so you should always assume she has no proof. STDs always have some kind of symptoms.

After the test, if it comes back negative you always have some kind of ammo to use against her if you so choose. If it's POSITIVE, though, you still have some recourse but you're kind of at fault for being a dumbass here if you didn't wrap it up (most likely, though, SHE gave it to YOU). Basically the only one of us that can get away with it is Roosh and even he is in danger some of the time.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

Quote: (07-20-2014 03:00 PM)lurker Wrote:  

Go to Planned Parenthood and tell them you don't have insurance or any money. I don't know why they charged TeddyKGB $200, I never paid more than $20 for the full screening any of the times I went.

The county health department is another option.

The gay area of town is guaranteed to have free STD clinics.

I probably should have told them I didn't have any money but when they asked how I would be paying I just pulled out my credit card like a dummy. This was my first time and I was a little flustered being there in the first place and at this point I didn't care how much money I needed to spend. I just wanted to figure out what was going on.

She got tag teamed. How do you know that's not a mass text to figure out who gave it to her? I'm going on a limb you guys were two of many in recent weeks.

there are many tests some give only 60% reliability most effective is polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests. (PCR) panel test for all STDS in my country cost $60 you need to give only urine sample. So no awkward and painful situation when nurse examine your cock [Image: biggrin.gif] Of course it does not test for HIV Syphilis C hepatitis you need to do additional test for this it could cost ~$40 in my country I can do it free anonymously. I got chlamydia one time even though used condom .... in 50% cases there are no symptoms and if you got infection before some time 1+ years you can get some serious problems, become infertile got chronic infections etc. It's freaking serious and if you fucking girl without condom and never check for stds you are crazy.... I now check every 6 months even if I use condom all time as I said I got shit even when used condom....

When I want to get tested for free I raw dog and bust in a girl. Wait a month and send her a text saying "You may wanna get tested" and then wait for the results from the girls test. You may have a few kids or catch a few STDs in the process, but its better then paying to get tested.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I got tested for herpes 6 months ago. The Doctor took a swab of what I thought was a herpes sore on my dick, which I did not expect to happen at all when I walked in (he also made me piss in a cup to test for other STD's). The results came back negative, it was probably just an oddly persistent dick pimple, so I had to show this geezer my dick for nothing. At least the whole ordeal was free.

Quote: (07-21-2014 08:41 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

When I want to get tested for free I raw dog and bust in a girl. Wait a month and send her a text saying "You may wanna get tested" and then wait for the results from the girls test. You may have a few kids or catch a few STDs in the process, but its better then paying to get tested.

yeah dear I got tested I have HIV [Image: biggrin.gif]

YOU GOT YOUR TEST FREE [Image: biggrin.gif] [Image: biggrin.gif] [Image: biggrin.gif]

... SEEMS NO... MAYBE YOU JUST PAID EVERYTHING NOW...

MOST EXPENSIVE TEST WHICH YOU COULD POSSIBLY TAKE...

It ended up being a prank by my friend haha.

I'm gonna have to add this one to my bag of tricks!

I use this one:

http://www.stdtestexpress.com

Easy steps:
1. You register and find a lab by zip code
2. Pay your fee online with credit card. (I get the 8-panel test...about $200)
3. Print out the sheet with a bar code (like printing a boarding pass)
4. Go to center with sheet with bar code. It is a blind test and nobody will know why you are there.
5. Your results come to you online in a discreet fashion. Usually 48hrs or less.

Finally, don't freak if it says you tested positive for HSV-1. This just means you have had a cold sore (lips/mouth). If you test positive for anything else, go see a doctor.

Quote: (07-19-2014 09:18 PM)Teddykgb Wrote:  

Go get checked. You can have things and not show symptoms.

I'm in the US and went to planned parenthood without insurance (I didn't want to give them my real name). They charged me around $200.

When I talked to the girl at planned parenthood she said "You would be surprised about how many people have some sort of std. That is why I have a boyfriend."

Stds have really made me second guess sleeping around a lot and not using a condom.

The weirdest fucking part of this story is when I walked in to planned parenthood I saw this really cute girl look up at me and just start smiling and I was a little taken aback like she was into me. I sat down and was thinking about her and then realized that I had hooked up with her off of tinder about 1 month earlier. I could tell she was busy away texting her friends about her experience as well.

Most STD's aren't really that big of a deal. Chlamydia and Gonnorhea are the most common and are basically just bacterial infections and can be treated easily if caught early enough.