rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him on chokehold

Man this is some messed up shit. Watch.

Heres the article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...-1.1871946

Newsvideo clip writes:
Quote:Quote:

A Staten Island man died Thursday after police placed him in a chokehold as they attempted to arrest him for selling untaxed cigarettes.

According to authorities, Eric Garner, 43, went into cardiac arrest and died at Richmond University Medical Center following the arrest that was filmed by several witnesses, the New York Daily News reported.

In the video, Garner can be seen telling police that he had not been selling cigarettes, repeatedly saying, ” I didn’t sell anything,” before insisting, “I’m minding my own business, please leave me alone.”

After a standoff, five officers tackled the 400-pound Garner — with one placing him in a chokehold – and wrestled him to the ground as they attempted to put handcuffs on him.

As Garner lay on the ground, with one officer pushing his head into the pavement, he can be heard saying, “I can’t breath. I can’t breath,” over and over.

As the video ends, Garner appears to be unconscious as police clear onlookers while waiting awaiting paramedics.

According to his family, Garner, a a married father with six children and two grandchildren, suffered from asthma.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told reporters.

Police stated that Garner has been arrested multiple times for selling untaxed cigarettes, and records show he was due in court in October on three charges, including pot possession and selling untaxed cigarettes.

Witnesses at the scene claim Garner was breaking up a fight when police arrived, with Garner’s family stating that he didn’t have any cigarettes on him or in his car at the time of his death.

“They’re covering their asses; he was breaking up a fight. They harassed and harassed my husband until they killed him,” Garner wife said.

Within hours after Garner’s arrest and death, residents in the area hung handwritten posters on telephone poles near the scene with phrases like “no justice, no peace” and “Another innocent black man has been killed by police brutality. The NYPD must be stopped!”

According to authorities, Internal Affairs is looking into the death.

Wow, selling untaxed cigarettes.. Thank the good lord the cops were there to stop this dangerous man from causing any more harm to the Federal Budget.

The actions of these assholes is exactly why police have no respect.

Quote: (07-18-2014 09:37 PM)big poppa Wrote:  

Wow, selling untaxed cigarettes.. Thank the good lord the cops were there to stop this dangerous man from causing any more harm to the Federal Budget.

The actions of these assholes is exactly why police have no respect.

He may have followed G's advice regarding making money in a down economy. There may have been a decrease in the sale of untaxed cigarettes in the past year or so. The reason why I say this is because I was defending tons of those cases around 2011 and 2012 and they stopped coming in around a year and a half ago.

Although the cops were indeed too violent (they could have tried giving him a clear warning first), I still don't get why that guy resisted the cops. Doesn't everyone know the cops are incredibly dangerous by now? The cops are more dangerous than the criminals. The cops scare the shit out of me. I would NEVER resist an American cop. So when I see guys like the one in the above video trying to resist the handcuffs, I'm just thinking, "What the fuck are you doing, you moron?" Dude put himself in extreme danger by trying to avoid arrest.

So yeah, it's a tragedy, but that guy picked the wrong fight. I think cops should be required to give clear warnings before they attack. Ultimately those cops were just doing what they were supposed to be doing, which was probably attack as soon as the first sign of disobedience is shown. Those rules need to be improved.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

That's sad, but the choke didn't kill him I don't think. His weight killed him. When you're being choked and can't breath, you can't say "I can't breath" so loudly like that. The guy probably had a stroke or heart attack due to his weight, that was triggered by the fighting.

Definitely feel bad for the guy, but at that weight, you can't expect to live much past 43 anyways.

May he rest in peace...

This is tragic I can't believe police still just kill people on the street like this. What was his crime, resisting an illegal arrest? The man did what any right-minded individual would have done. If someone is arresting you for nothing, why would you submit to their unjust authority?

Isn't Tobacco under the ATF's jurisdiction, why are NYPD cops dealing with it.

Cops here aren't even allowed to enforce no smoking bylaws.

I really do not see difference between cops and mafia thugs anymore.

Deus vult!

Quote: (07-19-2014 02:03 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Isn't Tobacco under the ATF's jurisdiction, why are NYPD cops dealing with it.

Cops here aren't even allowed to enforce no smoking bylaws.

Because NY charges a massive tax on them (which is what makes the untaxed cig hustle profitable). Unsurprisingly, it becomes a priority for the agency that's getting some of the money.

Doesn't matter why he was arrested. NEVER EVER resist the police. Let them cuff you, let them book you and call your/get a lawyer. Cops are simply enforcers, they are not the power you have a beef with. Its the lawmakers and the magistrates and the judges you need to vent at. If you want to fight the power, punch your mayor. Law enforcement has no say in the matter other than being at risk of getting in trouble for NOT arresting you.

Sympathy for the Devil

I thought the police weren't able to use choke holds with their bare arms / flashlight holds any longer for YEARS. And SFTD makes a good point: NEVER resist the police. They're just the guys doing their jobs too.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

I don't know how much I sympathize with law enforcement, but I agree that you should be deferential towards them. Resisting police will get you hurt or possibly even killed.

His weight killed him...400 pounds?

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Serving and protecting, thank God we have the brave men in blue to remove such violent and dangerous offenders as this guy. Allegedly selling untaxed tobacco, the horror!

[Image: american.gif]

Yes, the smart thing to do in his position would have been to not resist, but holy shit, get real guys. Crimes that are not violent in nature should not be met with violence in reaction. Even if this guy was selling cigs, what at worst was the guy going to do, run away and *gasp* try to sell black market cigarettes somewhere else? Fucking perish the thought.

Cops like this are adrenaline junkies that get hard over the opportunity to fuck someone's day/life up.

As someone who felt Zimmerman was completely justified in shooting Trayvon, I have to wonder, where is the race baiting media on this one? I guarantee this won't become a major news story, probably won't even be mentioned.

Quote: (07-19-2014 12:55 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Although the cops were indeed too violent (they could have tried giving him a clear warning first), I still don't get why that guy resisted the cops. Doesn't everyone know the cops are incredibly dangerous by now? The cops are more dangerous than the criminals. The cops scare the shit out of me. I would NEVER resist an American cop. So when I see guys like the one in the above video trying to resist the handcuffs, I'm just thinking, "What the fuck are you doing, you moron?" Dude put himself in extreme danger by trying to avoid arrest.

So yeah, it's a tragedy, but that guy picked the wrong fight. I think cops should be required to give clear warnings before they attack. Ultimately those cops were just doing what they were supposed to be doing, which was probably attack as soon as the first sign of disobedience is shown. Those rules need to be improved.

Its a two way street tho: cops use the "RESISTING ARREST" card to exert force etc even when you're not resisting arrest

I know this because I've been arrested and I went along silently and politely and I still got charged with resisting arrest. There was no video so they could get away with this. Not only does using the "resisting arrest card (when you're not resisting)" justify the little 5ft 4in cops for being all physically aggressive, but it gives the DA more leverage - they may drop the resisting arrest charge but not go down on the original charge because they "so generously" already dropped the false charge.

The legal system of America is stacked against you unless you're one of the following a) a pretty girl, b) a cop or c) a politician. Otherwise you're nothing but a cockroach and you have no rights. And heaven help you if you act or say anything outside the confines of the constructed matrix of the brainwashed masses of society. Then you're in for a real treat.

I agree that once you get in the legal system, you're really fucked. Employers can search for that stuff when they screen your employment application. Given our loose labor market, one arrest can kill a career.

The worst crime of all in the eyes of the State is the one that bereaves it of revenue (ie tax).

Quote: (07-19-2014 08:41 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

The worst crime of all in the eyes of the State is the one that bereaves it of revenue (ie tax).

I used to think this but its not so cut-and-dry.

The most obvious example is all the loopholes that MNCs pay - i.e MSFT and APPL pay what a 5% tax rate?

Much less important though is the state is so in debt now that is has no problem issuing more debt to fund its causes that it's more important for the State to keep its people "in line" - don't think, don't act, don't do speak outside the Party Lines to borrow 1984 terminology. It's more important to keep a docile, brainwashed populace who will slave away for Its Causes than outright tax collection now.

I'm the last one to defend cops believe me. But he was selling "loosies" (individual cigarettes) and someone probably complained and called the cops. Most likely a store owner that was losing business because of his actions.

He was resisting arrest. You could hear him saying "don't touch me". I didn't see the cops beating him ala Rodney King style.
He's a big guy and it took a few cops to restrain and handcuff him ....because he was resisting. He died because of his medical condition. He could have had a medic alert bracelet or something similar. Someone from the community could have called 911 and asked for an ambulance instead of sitting there video taping.

He knew he was in the wrong by selling illegal smokes. He resisted arrest. He could have just calmly went with the cops, got a $50 fine or whatever and been on his way. He died as a result of his own ignorance and arrogance.

And that was barely a chokehold. Please.

Team Nachos

Quote: (07-19-2014 01:41 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

May he rest in peace...

This is tragic I can't believe police still just kill people on the street like this. What was his crime, resisting an illegal arrest? The man did what any right-minded individual would have done. If someone is arresting you for nothing, why would you submit to their unjust authority?

Thing is... if there were five-armed gang members in front of yourself, would you resist them?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (07-19-2014 10:39 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (07-19-2014 01:41 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

May he rest in peace...

Thing is... if there were five-armed gang members in front of yourself, would you resist them?

No, you run like hell (which happens to be considered resisting). Not a fair comparison.

Quote: (07-19-2014 05:53 AM)SFTD Wrote:  

Doesn't matter why he was arrested. NEVER EVER resist the police. Let them cuff you, let them book you and call your/get a lawyer. Cops are simply enforcers, they are not the power you have a beef with. Its the lawmakers and the magistrates and the judges you need to vent at. If you want to fight the power, punch your mayor. Law enforcement has no say in the matter other than being at risk of getting in trouble for NOT arresting you.

Believe me, if I could punch DiBlasio I would. That's saying something considering we just endured 12 years of tyrant Bloomburg, that asshole.

Disclaimer: I've met Bloomburg a number of times, and each time he's had a cunt-ish attitude. I've met a who's who of NYC, and he still stands out of as the queen of cunts I've met.

The amount of homeless people, trash in the street, stop and frisks, parking/driving tickets given out and general degradation of certain things only a native NYer can see has been startling in the past six months.

Quote: (07-19-2014 02:04 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

I really do not see difference between cops and mafia thugs anymore.

The Mafia doesn't have taxpayer mandated and funded pension and health care plans.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (07-19-2014 07:07 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

As someone who felt Zimmerman was completely justified in shooting Trayvon, I have to wonder, where is the race baiting media on this one? I guarantee this won't become a major news story, probably won't even be mentioned.

Apparently Al Sharpton is already planning rallies.

Eric Garner death: Rev. Al Sharpton to plan rallies.

Its on local news casts but not at all in National news casts.

Was excessive force used? Of course..there were four cops to that one dude. But the thing is if I'm with three of my friends and one dude comes up to one of my friends I'm not going to tone done my actions because there are three more of us than him. I'm going to use all my force and so will my other three friends.

Cops nowadays seem power hungry. They demand respect and take any action that may be disrespectful as a sign to engage and get violent. No matter the situation never raise your voice or say/do anything that can give cops a chance to get aggressive or be on the defensive. The outcome will never be favorable.