rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opening message the worked for me today

I tried this opening message today on my favorite dating site:

Quote:Quote:

Aren't you glad I didn't send you a photo of my junk? [Image: wink.gif]

I'm normally lucky if I get a 10% response rate on this site. But this time she messaged back immediately:

Quote:Quote:

Frankly yes. I've been getting a lot of that lately and until I know someone, it really puts me off! Looked at your profile. Like a lot of what I read.

Any suggestions on a follow-up?

Barry

Barry

Just drop the subject and transition into something to do.

"Have you ever checked out X cool bar that's in my neighborhood? It's got Y thing that's really cool"

Her: "Oh no, sounds nice though"

You: "OK let's hit it up, I'm John"

Her: "Hi John I'm Stacy"

You: "Cool stacy what's your number"

I've generally found alluding to other guys' creepiness a poor strategy and something to avoid, but I'm glad it worked for you.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I agree with eel.

You don't want to even be associated with it.

In general I try not make it seem like I know a lot about online dating culture.

You are just there goofing around on "this thing" for fun or curiosity, and you don't check on it a lot.

That's the narrative I use.

Quote: (07-19-2014 11:11 AM)soup Wrote:  

You are just there goofing around on "this thing" for fun or curiosity, and you don't check on it a lot.

How long do you wait to reply to messages, so it seems like you don't check a lot?

Barry

Ideally speaking before you bang her you should take about the same time that she reply to your message and maybe a little longer. That goes for your message length as well