rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stefan Molyneux: The Truth About Series

For those of you who don't know of him, Stefan Molyneux hosts the largest philosophy show online via Freedomain Radio. He is an atheist and anarcho-capitalist and holds the principle of non-aggression as the core of his philosophy. With the provisio that I am not an atheist and I do believe that he is fundamentally mistaken in moking the divine, his videos and philosophical commentary are nonetheless first rate and will certainly make you think. Here is his YouTube channel.

Here is a short sample video:

In recent years he has become an advocate for men's rights and a part of the so-called manosphere. Here is a link to an interview he did with Paul Elam. If you search you'll find many, many more men's rights related videos.

Now that he has been properly introduced, I'll get to the point of this thread. He has assembled a quite impressive series of videos that utterly destroy the pedestalization of icons and concepts taken for granted in our post-modern culturally marxist society. You can watch the entire series at the following link: The Truth About.

Here are several must watch to get you started:

The Truth About Abraham Lincoln:

The Truth About Slavery: Past, Present and Future:

The Truth About Nelson Mandela:

The Truth About Karl Marx:

The Truth About Che Guevera:

The Truth About Maya Angelou:

The Truth About Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Truth About Ghandi:

The Truth About Poverty:

The Truth About Voting:

The Truth About Circumcision:

The Truth About Bitcoin:

It wasn't long after posting this that I am reminded of just how necessary these videos are. I was checking Google News, when lo and behold Google has devoted their homepage not just to a sketch but to an entire preachy animation about Nelson Mandela to posthemously commemorate his 96th birthday .

Screenshot of Google's homepage:
[Image: tb2ZpfA.png]

Here is a nice message so faithful to Nelson Mandela's life:
[Image: 8mRQbn3.png]

Stefan was off base on Mandela. He also loathed on how Che would fuck his maids an raw dog broads with no mercy. He will always be aggressive towards men of violence he is staunchly opposed to it. That is Stefan's bias and it's easy to see where and when it's showing.

Quote: (07-18-2014 09:17 AM)kosko Wrote:  

He will always be aggressive towards men of violence he is staunchly opposed to it. That is Stefan's bias and it's easy to see where and when it's showing.

Im not sure I follow. Is being opposed to violence such a bad bias to have?

RawGod posted this video in another thread. I found it very helpful.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

I'd never heard of him until I saw the above video, but I think that Stefan Molyneux might be the most prominent red pill figure out there.

It's surprising that he is not discussed more on here. If you look through his podcasts and videos, game aside, he is more or less in agreement with a lot of what is said on RVF.

Listen to this podcast for example. It's absolutely hilarious.

http://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/2736/shocki...e-culture-

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Not sure if serious that you consider his "philosophical commentary first rate."

Quote: (07-18-2014 09:17 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Stefan was off base on Mandela. He also loathed on how Che would fuck his maids an raw dog broads with no mercy. He will always be aggressive towards men of violence he is staunchly opposed to it. That is Stefan's bias and it's easy to see where and when it's showing.

I think part of this is that these people's memories are used as an ideal on how humans should be while in reality they are violent governmental types when given power and used to approve of theft and violence by the government. If people knew the truth instead of what government puts out then there might be more opposition to government like war, taxes and laws. I don't know how many times I've heard a politician invoke the memory of "Che" or "Mandela" as a reason to use government power to steal money from taxpayers or indoctrinate children.

Any transcripts? I don't have the time to listen to these boring videos. I wish guys who do videos would also provide transcripts.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I've been watching Steph's videos for some time. I have a few thoughts about him.

The good:

1) I admire and respect his ability to be productive and take on almost any subject while not coming across as out of his depth on nearly all of these subjects. He does his research and prepares for his videos. That is more that can be said for many people.

2) While there aren't any people who I agree with all the time (nor do I expect there to be), I find myself agreeing with him more regularly than most opinion makers.

3) He does the job of a "philosopher" which is to cut to the heart of a matter with brutal, blunt force honesty and truth(as he sees it).

The bad/ugly:

1) His biases and near dogmatic belief in his philosophies can lead to him showing the darker side of his personality. He can be condescending and arrogant at times. He, more than once, has put his entire audience through several minute long guilt trip rants on why they should be sending him more money for the work he voluntarily gives away for free.

2) He can be overreaching when something dangerously threatens his beliefs. For instance, he once classified anyone who is curious in the martial arts as being broken from childhood and some kind of abuse victim. No healthy person would or should be interested in knowing how to defend themselves unless there was psychological damage that inspires this wish.

3) Because he has decided to make his philosophy into a business (he frequently mentions how he quit being a software developer/IT professional in order to become a professional philosopher), he's had to make compromises in order to retain an audience. I believe this can often lead his subject matter and delivery to be more sensational/topical in order to reach his business goals. This is also why I believe he has adopted MRA/Red Pill ideals.

4) He uses a rambling style of rhetoric which can often deliver arguments faster than nearly anyone can absorb and critique. You need to be careful when listening to him that he doesn't drag you down some sophistical wormhole using one of his favorite tactics, analogies.

Like any other opinion maker, you have to be on your guard when listening to him because the more you agree with him, the more you're likely to believe him when he's wrong.

@SheriffBart

Very well said regarding Stefan Molyneux.

His slavery video is interesting and informative, but saying that slavery in the U.S has nothing to do with race is completely ignoring a wealth of historical documents howing that whites definitely believed that blacks were inferior and destined to be slaves due to that. This guy is obviously very well read so in ignoring that fact and even denying it, I imediately become suspicious of his motives.

Read any historical documents relating to slavery, it becomes very clear that it had a LOT to do with race. This is not to deny there were other factors which were pointed out in the video. But acting like race was not part of the equation is ridiculous

Very good interview with Chomsky, out of all people.

Quote: (07-24-2014 08:42 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

His slavery video is interesting and informative, but saying that slavery in the U.S has nothing to do with race is completely ignoring a wealth of historical documents howing that whites definitely believed that blacks were inferior and destined to be slaves due to that. This guy is obviously very well read so in ignoring that fact and even denying it, I imediately become suspicious of his motives.

Read any historical documents relating to slavery, it becomes very clear that it had a LOT to do with race. This is not to deny there were other factors which were pointed out in the video. But acting like race was not part of the equation is ridiculous

Out of curiosity, what is your ethnic background?

That main thought that comes to mind when watching these is "get to the fucking point already".

He seems to have good info but he needs to presesnt it in a more condensed fashion.