rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to live in Tampa?

Where to live in Tampa?

My lease will be up in about three months and I will officially be one year in Tampa. I don't want to live in my apartment building anymore as it is badly maintained and has all sorts of bullshyt going on. I don't mind the hoodrats that roam about but the housing management team are really bad.

I've been looking around at more decent apartment buildings around the area and they seem to be requiring a maximum salary of about 20K per annum for one to live in there.

That's a fcuking catch 22. How can I pay rent plus bills if I only make 20k per annum? Does anyone know how I can get around that?

I'd prefer to live in North Tampa (where I'm at) if possible as things are cheap around here.

All suggestions much appreciated.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Where to live in Tampa?

How about this?
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/apa/4574844604.html

"Centrally located near Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd."

Where to live in Tampa?

Section 8 apartments?
How deep do they look into the whole wage deal? Just paychecks? Get a part time job and just show them those check stubs.

Where to live in Tampa?

Quote: (07-19-2014 11:33 AM)Kickb Wrote:  

Section 8 apartments?
How deep do they look into the whole wage deal? Just paychecks? Get a part time job and just show them those check stubs.

Is that how it works? I've got a similar situation about to happen...As far as legitimate dayjob money goes I'm like $400/year over the 'max' for any kind of breaks in housing in my city

Where to live in Tampa?

Quote: (07-19-2014 11:33 AM)Kickb Wrote:  

Section 8 apartments?

I think I will try this. I don't want to live in no one's house right now..I kind of like the apartment deal.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Where to live in Tampa?

Don't bother.

Where to live in Tampa?

Quote: (07-19-2014 08:05 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Don't bother.

?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Where to live in Tampa?

I posted on you geeza thread by accident. You have to wait for section 8 and your gonna make too much money for them.

Where to live in Tampa?

This!!!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/reb/4570119002.html

Where to live in Tampa?

Are fixer uppers that cheap around Tampa? Nice! I feel like buying one just for the hell of it if so.

Rico

Where to live in Tampa?

This rent to own deallooks good. The quality is probably a little better than section 8 too so that's a plus.

Where to live in Tampa?

Just got to tampa. I have 18 months out here. I work for an airline company so I want an easy commute to the airport. I was think town and country area. My boy told me USF campus. I am liking Clearwater so far though.

Any suggestions?

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Where to live in Tampa?

Quote: (04-24-2015 06:12 PM)Belize King Wrote:  

Just got to tampa. I have 18 months out here. I work for an airline company so I want an easy commute to the airport. I was think town and country area. My boy told me USF campus. I am liking Clearwater so far though.

Any suggestions?

Avoid Pasco county at all costs, my parents live up there and its full of white trash riff-raff. I don't know Tampa really well but Clearwater seems like a really nice spot with a great beach, then there's Dunedin and Safety Harbor, both small places that are really clean and kinda quiet with great access to the water but also close enough to the city if you want better nightlife, I should be back down there around Xmas.

Where to live in Tampa?

Let's slow it down here.

Pasco is a huge county full of sluts it's actually bigger than Ontario more or less.

A lot of guys ask me where? It's a hard question.

Where to live in Tampa?

Any suggestions?
If you're working at the airport everything will pretty much fall together. Back side of the airport is very interesting if you speaky. Go to north Arminia or Seminole heights to look for a place. Town and Country/ Oldsmar will not have any edge of city or busy even though it's all spread out.

Where to live in Tampa?

Any suggestions?

How about South Tampa or Soho? Is that in your price range? What are you looking for in Tampa, easy commute to work or max out access to lizards? Even if you live in South Tampa, Soho, you can't go wrong, a stone's throw from those hapless little college tarts all weekend (and some weeknights too).

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Where to live in Tampa?

This thread is slow.

Where to live in Tampa?

My favorite Tampa neighborhoods are near Lowry Zoo. It is mostly single family homes for the working middle class. There are a lot of nice old oak trees in those neighborhoods and I just always liked the vibe/people there. That area near the zoo has probably caught on and younger families and business' want to be there now. From what I remember the zoo is the best location for living in Tampa but you probably will not hear that from many other people.

Another area to consider is Temple Terrace and that includes the USF-Tampa campus. That school, is loaded, with fine women. Go to Panera Bread across from USF campus and you will find attractive girls wall to wall. I think that University area is best for guys in their 20's especially if they are enrolled at that school. Otherwise it is kind of commercialized, and tailored for students. One reason I could not live near the U is dealing with the traffic in that area is too stressful, especially during hot summers.

I am not as familar with the area called SoHo but that area has been trending for a while now. SoHo means south of Howard Ave and a local would have to describe where it is, because it's small. SoHo has alot of bars and nightlife, and a couple strip clubs. Soho is most popular with people in their 20s and 30s. Also there are still a number of Tampa locals that own homes there and some may be getting priced out due to gentrification. At least that is the way it looked to me last time I drove through. There are a lot of single family homes in Soho, and duplexs are also popular throughout Tampa, but prices for living there are climbing.

5-10 years ago Tampa was a no wheres land but now it is catching on more. Actually only 20-30 years ago Tampa was just a tiny Florida city with locals only, but there was a boom and some tall buildings went up creating a heavier downtown, and the airport was improved; those changes made Tampa a larger and more sophisticated city that now appeals more to transplants. But remember it was not all too long ago when Tampa was a sleepy Florida town with horse pastures and everything like that.

Ybor City is the historic area near downtown that is for partying. It is just two short roads with lots of bars, and cigar bars, Cuban coffee shops, and late night clubs. The roots of Ybor were primarily developed by Cuban and Italian immigrants, and I think that mixture created great chemistry for business to thive. Ybor is the Cuban word for cigar, and many of the historic landmarks in Ybor are classy Italian built buildings. If you ask me Ybor has lost alot of its charm in recent years but maybe I am just more mature today. If you decided to live in Ybor expect to live in an apartment near the bars. Another option for Tampa schools is the community college has a campus in the heart of Ybor, it is a neat place to study art or music but it is probably hard to concentrate on studying on anything serious because the campus is surrounded by so many bars and constant late night partying.

Tampa is a cool city mostly because of the people. There is not much in Tampa other then a nice airport, a football team, and a hockey team, so the community does not have too many big claims to fame to be pretentious about. One thing that is obvious is that Tampa parties a lot. A lot of activities in Tampa are centered around drinking, dressing up in weird costumes, and being wild.

Where to live in Tampa?

I'm waiting to hear back on a road warrior job, in which I can live near any major airport. If it goes through, I'm packing up and making a beeline for Tampa. Fuck it. Will only be home a few days out of the month, but Tampa Bay is just that good to make the move. As far as location, I'll look for a bachelor's pad in Clearwater. Smaller towns like Dunedin might be better for someone staying there fulltime. But I need perfect logistics in a heavy traffic area to strike Lothario quick before heading out again.

This lifestyle has horrible logistics, but the money I could make in a year, would let me take a year off. Will find out early this week.

Where to live in Tampa?

If I was going to live in Tampa my first choice would be the heart of downtown where the tall buildings are because it is centrally located and on the pulse of the city. I would pick a modern condo unit high up in the sky with a view. However that lifestyle is out of my price range for now.

My second choice would be downtown St. Petersburg, within a minutes walk to the central part of their downtown. In a house, or again in a modern condo. However, something about St Pete is way too slow for my taste. In my opinion there is only one city block for entertainment. Also overall Pinellas County is a retirement community.

Clearwater has such an attractive name, and it is on the beaches, but the people who live there are primarily locals, and probably too many retirees. Clearwater is closer to the sticks then you realize. Then again it depends on what style of cities and pace of life you are used to.

I've never been to downtown Dunedin. It must be tiny.

As far as financing goes you need some dough to live in nicer places. You need a security deposit and proof of income, but if you present yourself as a responsible person, and have your parents co-signing, then property managers can probably bend the rules. It's really common for them to get people from out of state who want to try living in Florida so these apartment managers have seen it all.

Personally I can not live in a dumpy apartment with younger people who work low wage jobs and many are addicted to drugs, booze, and drama. That is just common in for young people of Florida. You want to rent somewhere they run backround checks on everybody. So basically you need the money and steady job to live in cleaner more stable and modern places with young professionals with more ambition.

Another option is to rent a room from Craigslist and deal with that whole experience. Craigslist roomates are a roll of the dice because it is an immediate living arrangement with total strangers. It's like hooking up with a girl and then moving in with eachother the next day.

Where to live in Tampa?

I've done well in both Sarasota and Clearwater. Most of the girls were local gals. Game pretty much consists of:

1. Looking like a local
2. Have a decent job

Some of the hottest women I've ever seen were down there working mundane jobs, like bagging groceries in Publix. It was like being in the movie Last Action Hero. I saw enough talent in small places like Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, and New Port Richey to never need to go to Tampa proper or St. Pete.

edit- Here's mine and emech's Clearwater thread. Real vintage stuff.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7091.html

Where to live in Tampa?

Wanted to bump this up to get some more current information as opposed to starting my own thread.

I'm relocating down to Tampa in a few days, and am starting from scratch completely. I've been to Clearwater beach a few times and loved it, and would like to try to live in the area. I'm a young guy, and I have a high income compared to what the average is in Florida.

So what's happening in the area now? Any suggestions on where to live, where to make some new friends, etc.

Where to live in Tampa?

Quote: (04-10-2018 10:35 AM)Investment Bro Wrote:  

Wanted to bump this up to get some more current information as opposed to starting my own thread.

I'm relocating down to Tampa in a few days, and am starting from scratch completely. I've been to Clearwater beach a few times and loved it, and would like to try to live in the area. I'm a young guy, and I have a high income compared to what the average is in Florida.

So what's happening in the area now? Any suggestions on where to live, where to make some new friends, etc.

The market is high right now in Pinellas County. Without knowing your age, work situation, etc., a few areas to check out if you don't mind paying the premium:

1) Dunedin - nice, quaint downtown, very pedestrian-friendly, and an active weekend nightlife that skews middle-aged but is still youthful - not rowdy like Ybor. Relatively affordable housing to the east and surrounding Dunedin itself and in nearby Clearwater.

2) Downtown St. Pete - very active and vibrant nightlife, minutes away from more affordable housing choices.

3) Barrier Islands - Indian Rocks Beach down to Pasadena. Seminole is a nice area on the mainland where you are minutes from the beach with more affordable housing.

Depending on your tolerance for community aesthetics, be wary around Old Clearwater Harbor, Highpoint (by St. Pete/CLW Intl Airport), MLK and Gateway in Clearwater, Pinellas Park as a whole, and South Central St. Pete until you get to Pinellas Point.

There are also great deals to be found in parts of Pasco County just north of Pinellas.

Good luck and welcome!

Where to live in Tampa?

Don’t forget that the strip clubs in Pasco county are full nude, if you go and see a short, hairy Greek guy running game on strippers, tell El Mechanico I said hi.

Where to live in Tampa?

Having lived in that area myself, I recommend Saint Pete beach area 100% or siesta key.

"For each man must learn to live within the citadel of himself."
-Marcus Aurelius