rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Colombian Trip Preparation Tips

I just wrote a new post that I thought you guys would find interesting about how I prepare for a trip to Colombia:

Colombian Trip Preparation: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/03/col...anish.html

How do you guys get ready for a trip?

On a related note, I think moving forward, I am going to be doing 6 week trips out of the country, followed by 6 weeks back in California (maybe some of that time in Miami Beach).

I think a 6 week trip is a good amount of time to really check out a place, get it wired, see if you want to move there in the future and have a few "Mini-Relationships" ( http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/02/min...ships.html ) with some fly girls.

Also, it allows you to get back home, rest, recover, get your finances straight, work on some personal delvelopment and do the above trip preparation.

Thoughts?

Nice post G.....

and that girls ass is a walking panic attack...my gawd...[/align]

I'd say if you really want to get the lay of the land 6 weeks is the minimum, maybe even too short. I'd think 2-3 months.

G - your point about salsa is specific to where you are in Colombia. Salsa is not important in Medellin.

Language is key. If you don't know Spanish don't come to Colombia.

After language the most important thing is your social circle. You need to make friends with guys who can introduce you to their circle. You can use boxing classes or any activity where you will meet cool guys.

However, I've found that Colombia is more about social status than looks, coolness or other metrics. You might want to befriend a nerdy Colombian dude who works at a bank. This guy might shock you with the quality of women that he knows.

Brian - Yeah, I was thinking minimum to get the vibe of the place. Also, it lets you cover more ground over the course of a year.

Lief- "You might want to befriend a nerdy Colombian dude who works at a bank. This guy might shock you with the quality of women that he knows."

No doubt.

Here in the middle east I befriend dudes at the gym. Not too sure if you guys befriended dudes in Colombian gyms ala body tech etc, but I'm sure benching 3 plates will get some dudes talking or spotting you. From there start talking about plans for weekend, and girls. Maybe that strategy can work to get you into their social circle since its all closed off groups for the most part in clubs.

My current trip prep this summer (thanks G for the link, good tips). What I'm doing already
-Spanish lessons with a tutor
-cancelled satellite (didn't renew it for the last 3 months before I go home end of June) gonna get out of the house and if not, listen to pimsleur CDs
-hitting the gym 5 days a week
-Reading forum posts

As for things not done,
-didn't pipeline on CC yet, think may do it in May, but if most are flakes, what's the point? ($30usd) might do it out of boredom here.
-book my apartment. Thinking of staying in laurelas. Decent barrio, close to poblado and lleras but get a different feel. Yes I believe there are hotties outside of poblado.
-lleras and poblado from reading are swarming with prepagos, gold diggers and narcos. Ohh, too many gringos too. So, may just visit and hang a few times.

Lastly, bring a box or two of my favourite brand of jimmies.

Aiming for mid July to mid August. If any of you cats gonna be down there, I will check the meetups section closer to the trip.

I leave for Medellin in a week and I can't wait!! I'm in great shape, speak great Spanish, and i've got money to burn on a good time! Colombia is awesome! This is my 6th trip down there 5 to medellin. I agree that the biggest keys are to SPEAK THE LANGUAGE, Pipeline on websites before you go Colombia cupid, latin american cupid, amigos etc...dress nice, have a strong alpha frame but have a "I wanna good time attitude" Colombia is my paradise. Although I still haven't been to Brazil or Poland....

Yeah, Spanish makes a huge difference. You can get away without dancing Salsa.. just not at Salsa clubs. I find that I can have the most fun dancing to music that I recognize, like electronic/pop or whatever, and don't have any disadvantage in my dancing skills relative to anyone else.

Quote: (04-11-2012 03:30 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Here in the middle east I befriend dudes at the gym. Not too sure if you guys befriended dudes in Colombian gyms ala body tech etc, but I'm sure benching 3 plates will get some dudes talking or spotting you. From there start talking about plans for weekend, and girls. Maybe that strategy can work to get you into their social circle since its all closed off groups for the most part in clubs.

My current trip prep this summer (thanks G for the link, good tips). What I'm doing already
-Spanish lessons with a tutor
-cancelled satellite (didn't renew it for the last 3 months before I go home end of June) gonna get out of the house and if not, listen to pimsleur CDs
-hitting the gym 5 days a week
-Reading forum posts

As for things not done,
-didn't pipeline on CC yet, think may do it in May, but if most are flakes, what's the point? ($30usd) might do it out of boredom here.
-book my apartment. Thinking of staying in laurelas. Decent barrio, close to poblado and lleras but get a different feel. Yes I believe there are hotties outside of poblado.
-lleras and poblado from reading are swarming with prepagos, gold diggers and narcos. Ohh, too many gringos too. So, may just visit and hang a few times.

Lastly, bring a box or two of my favourite brand of jimmies.

Aiming for mid July to mid August. If any of you cats gonna be down there, I will check the meetups section closer to the trip.

In case you don't feel fluent by the time you go, Lonely Planet has an offline Smartphone app for like $4.95. Get the one for Spanish the way its spoken in Spain. When I was there in December, though, they still didn't have an app for Blackberry.

Quote: (03-02-2011 05:52 PM)Lief Wrote:  

G - your point about salsa is specific to where you are in Colombia. Salsa is not important in Medellin.

Language is key. If you don't know Spanish don't come to Colombia.

After language the most important thing is your social circle. You need to make friends with guys who can introduce you to their circle. You can use boxing classes or any activity where you will meet cool guys.

However, I've found that Colombia is more about social status than looks, coolness or other metrics. You might want to befriend a nerdy Colombian dude who works at a bank. This guy might shock you with the quality of women that he knows.

Although I wouldn`t go as far and say that if you don`t speak Spanish, don`t come to Colombia (because it can be done), if you`re sole purpose is gaming women, and you only have 1-3 weeks, you may want to consider other options.

one problem that I ran into more than once; taking an electrical adaptor is a good idea, in more than one hotel i stayed at, they had the 2 prong electrical outlets, but not the three prong ones.