rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hotel Charging me for damages which I did not cause!

So I stayed at the Millennium Hotel in Minneapolis last Wednesday. I checked in the hotel at 4, usually when I check into any hotel I inspect it but I was hungry and grabbed some food. I come back at 6 and take a look at the room and sure enough, the are scratches on the wall as well pieces of the wall dented etc. For a "4" star hotel the room is in pretty shitty conditions.

I take a pic and spoke with one of the employees and let her know even showing her the pics she wrote something on a piece of paper [Image: dodgy.gif] (I take her name just in case and write down on my memo pad the time we talked)

Today i wake up and find there is a $250 charge on my credit card

needless to say i'm pissed call my credit card company to dispute

what else can I do?

Call the hotel and sort it out directly with them?

Are you sure it's a charge for the damage? Many hotels "pre-authorize" your card at check-in to ensure it will have the funds needed to pay for your stay.

Quote: (07-15-2014 12:22 PM)Moab Wrote:  

Are you sure it's a charge for the damage? Many hotels "pre-authorize" your card at check-in to ensure it will have the funds needed to pay for your stay.

Yeah $250 is maybe just the pre auth. Just call the hotel. Since it's 4 stars they will sort it out and if you complain and explain they likely will take the charge off (assuming it really is for damages) and possibly even give you a credit for a future stay.

Don't really think this is a big issue in the US unless you burn the room down. Abroad though I've run into hotels trying to charge me for damage and make a profit off it. Always pay with a CC so you can protest that shit.