rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Oxfam: "Women won't be paid as much men for another 75 years"

Oxfam have come out with a new report in preparation for the G20. It boils down to yet another complaint about how women are 'undervalued.'

"Oxfam's Executive Director Winnie Byanyima said that across G20 countries and beyond, women were paid less than men, did most of the unpaid labor, were over-represented in part-time work and were discriminated against in the household, markets and institutions.

“This gap between women and men reflects a fundamental and entrenched form of inequality afflicting G20 countries, despite the gains that have undoubtedly been made in some areas,” Byanyima said.

Depending on the country context, an extra 20 – 60 per cent would be added to the GDP of individual G20 countries if the hidden contribution of unpaid work – such as caring for children or carrying out housework – was recognised and valued."

That's right, apparently we should be valuing housework and child care. Not doing so is obviously just another patriarchal plot against women.

How does Oxfam think we should fix this? By promoting the financing of public services to reduce women’s unpaid care work. Because women caring for their children is such a travesty.

Full report: http://www.oxfam.org/en/pressroom/pressr...gender-gap

Get rid of maternity leave and then we can start talking equal pay.

Quote: (07-13-2014 09:12 PM)Azriel Odin Wrote:  

Oxfam have come out with a new report in preparation for the G20. It boils down to yet another complaint about how women are 'undervalued.'

"Oxfam's Executive Director Winnie Byanyima said that across G20 countries and beyond, women were paid less than men, did most of the unpaid labor, were over-represented in part-time work and were discriminated against in the household, markets and institutions.

“This gap between women and men reflects a fundamental and entrenched form of inequality afflicting G20 countries, despite the gains that have undoubtedly been made in some areas,” Byanyima said.

Depending on the country context, an extra 20 – 60 per cent would be added to the GDP of individual G20 countries if the hidden contribution of unpaid work – such as caring for children or carrying out housework – was recognised and valued."

That's right, apparently we should be valuing housework and child care. Not doing so is obviously just another patriarchal plot against women.

How does Oxfam think we should fix this? By promoting the financing of public services to reduce women’s unpaid care work. Because women caring for their children is such a travesty.

Full report: http://www.oxfam.org/en/pressroom/pressr...gender-gap

This is another example of people not having a clue about economics. Let's pay all of these people (extra). In fact, let's be generous. Let's pay them a lot. Great. Now where does the money come from? It doesn't come out of thin air. Someone has to actually produce something, as in a real "thing" that didn't exist before, not a feel good service. I have an idea. How about Winnie Byanyima pay an extra 30% tax to start with. Not so keen on equality or helping the poor now, are you Winnie?

How does Oxfam think we should fix this? By promoting the financing of public services to reduce women’s unpaid care work.

Many G20 governments are already dealing with austerity and/or protracted economic decline. They have stagnant (or declining) populations and stagnant (or declining) economies with plenty of debt to boot.

Given the inability of said states to properly fund state services at their current extent, where does OxFam propose that these governments get the money to pay for these expanded state services?

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (07-13-2014 09:28 PM)Excelsior Wrote:  

How does Oxfam think we should fix this? By promoting the financing of public services to reduce women’s unpaid care work.

Many G20 governments are already dealing with austerity and/or protracted economic decline. They have stagnant (or declining) populations and stagnant (or declining) economies with plenty of debt to boot.

Given the inability of said states to properly fund state services at their current extent, where does OxFam propose that these governments get the money to pay for these expanded state services?

They don't have to have a credible answer because 1) credible answers are mean, 2) Oxfam et al will never be held accountable. I'd put money on Winnie 1) getting paid at least 300,000USD p.a. and regularly doing the international cocktail/conference circuit, in fact, I'd guess the travel budget for her is probably at least equal to the median wage/salary, 2) not having encountered a poor person in at least a decade.

The capitalist market consists of companies that offer each person what they are willing to pay based on the individual's expected contributions to the employer.

If you want more money in this market, you have to show off your talents and work hard. That's how men do it, and if women want to advance in the workplace with the respect of their peers, then they should take note and do the same. Many do, and are successful as a result.

It's too easy for people to complain without doing anything to earn what they desire.

What a joke. Utter lies.

In the US many women just out of college are now earning MORE than men. And we're approaching 60% women enrollment in Universities. I'm sure it's the same trajectory in the UK.

But the 'progressive' powers that be continue to lie, cheat and steal so that they get their handouts. They got 'equality' many years ago now are adding to their female privilege.

I'm sure Oxfam and the Southern Poverty Law Center etc. are peddling this sort of bs day and night but it's been debunked many times now.

And common sense would tell you that capitalist 'democracies' that let in millions upon millions of undocumented illegals to work in manufacturing and other low skilled jobs, and on the high end scale have H1-B visas for highly skilled foreigners all in the name of being more 'competitive' sure as hell won't be paying men xyz more cents on the dollar just because they are men. Wages are under pressure at all levels of the labor curve, corporations are doing whatever they can to lower costs, reduce benefits and maintain or even lower wages so the whole argument is silly. Same sort of false logic and 'caring' that produces things like the 'rape culture' campaign or 'ban bossy'.

She should be seriously rebuked or even fired for coming out publicly with such a complete lie but instead will continue on in her job. But she's safely in her little protected Feminist PC progressive world and will get rewarded.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

If you see taking care of your children as unpaid labor, you are fucked in the head. Simple as that. Loving your kids is not work unless you are a. . . narcissist? Never used that term before.

The West can stop pretending we have any sort of insight on how to raise kids.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Quote: (07-13-2014 09:28 PM)Excelsior Wrote:  

I'm sorry Excelsior, but economic reality does not come naturally to the left. There is always more money to be taken from 'the rich.'

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

These kind of people don't live in reality. The ivory tower and its residents don't like how reality doesn't affirm their views.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

The way that automation is progressing, I imagine that wages will be equal because so few people will have marketable skills.

WIA

Does this mean I should be getting paid more because I cut my own grass? Or since I'm single, I do all my own housework and so I should get paid more?

This alleged pay gap is basically a manipulation of statistics.

For average jobs in the West, it is a legal requirement that men and women get paid the same. Eg: a male and female cleaner or retail worker will get the same pay.

The actual difference exists in the upper regions of the workplace. There are more male executives, directors etc. Because men are actually better at those types of jobs.

Through manipulating the stats, it can be portrayed that women are being underpaid.

How long until the Democratic party uses such BS "research" to push for a "man tax"? An extra income tax that only men pay directly to the govt. to make up for this travesty.

I expect this by the 2016 or 2020 elections.