rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman Writes Article Trying To Deny The Wall

Huff-Po blogger dates a sane man and gets more than she bargained for -

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5563576

Return of Kings columnist - check out my posts every Wednesday.

troyfrancis.com

WHOA WHOA WHOA...Wait just one minute. You are telling me theres a man out there who prefers long haired, younger women over this gem bellow??? What is the world coming to!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 2014-07-07-RobinMirror-thumb.jpg]
[Image: 1511577_627834647253427_1629411256_n.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote:Quote:

"Your body is too wrinkly," he said without a pause. "I have spoiled myself over the years with young woman. I just can't get excited with you. I love your energy and your laughter. I like your head and your heart. But, I just can't deal with your body."

[Image: laugh4.gif]

There is nothing better than a younger woman.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

He's just not that into you.

Last fucking time i'll click on a "PuffPost" link. Anyway, Mr Basil Ransom's quote summed this up perfectly.

"We talked for some time more, my head reeling at the content of the conversation. He spoke of special stockings and clothing that would "hide" my years. He blithely told me he loved "little black dresses" and strappy shoes. He said my hair was not long and flowing as he preferred, but that was okay because it was "cool looking." I felt like a Barbie Doll on acid as I listened to this man. He was totally oblivious to the viciousness of his words. He had turned me into an object to be dressed and positioned to provide satisfaction for his ideas of what female sexual perfection should be."

I routinely find that speaking with simplicity and sense is enough to have others deem you obnoxious and offensive.- Basil Ransom

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

I pasted the copy below (with a few additions) so you all don't have to click on the link. I can summarize it in two points, though:

1). Although this article is not about marriage, this is why you don't marry older women.

2). The article is also an advertisement for her book, which sounds like the typical "personal journey" tripe women write these days.

My Naked Truth, by Robin Korth

Naked, I stood at the closet doors with the lights on and made myself ready. I took a deep breath and positioned the mirrors so I could see all of me. I consciously worked to remove my self-believed inner image. I opened my eyes and looked very carefully at my body. And my heart lurched at the truth: I am not a young woman anymore. I am a woman well-lived. My body tells of all the years she has carried my spirit through life.

I am a 59-year-old woman in great health and in good physical shape. I stand five-feet, nine-inches tall and weigh 135 pounds. [Fitness does not override aging in women. And why do women assume height works if you're not a model? Projecting their desires onto men?] I wear a size six in both jeans and panties, and my breasts are nowhere near my navel. In fact, they still struggle to make it full-up in a B-cup bra. My thighs are no longer velvet and my buttocks have dimples. My upper arms wobble a bit and my skin shows the marks of the sun. [Looks like there was a bit too much sun, by the way.] There is a softness around my waist that is no longer perfectly taut, and the pout of my abdomen attests to a c-section that took its bikini flatness -- but gave me a son. [Too narcissistic to have a standard childbirth?]

Why this brutal scrutiny of myself? It was time to counter the damage of my culture, [How about "damage of my biology?"] my own soft-held fear and to pour warm love on my own soul. [Oil of Olay might have been a better choice.] It was time to claim every mark and not-perfect inch of my own body -- a body that had been called "too wrinkled" by a man who was fetched by my energy and my mind, but did not like the bare truth of me. His name was Dave and he was 55 years old.

We met on a dating site. Dave was interesting, gentlemanly and bright. He held my hand and toured with me on long bicycle rides. He drove many miles to come to my door. He made meals for us both and ruffled my dog's happy head. I was enticed and longed for the full knowing of this man. And so, we planned a weekend together. That's when things got confusing, unspoken and just-not-quite there. We went to bed in a couple's way -- unclothed and touching -- all parts near. Kisses were shared and sleep came in hugs. [Moving away from the subject, this is just really poor writing. Kisses were shared? Sounds like a military report. How about "We kissed?" This is what they teach in those awful grad school writing programs.] I attempted more intimacy throughout the weekend and was deterred each time.

On Monday evening over the phone, I asked this man who had shared my bed for three nights running why we had not made love. "Your body is too wrinkly," he said without a pause. "I have spoiled myself over the years with young woman. I just can't get excited with you. I love your energy and your laughter. I like your head and your heart. But, I just can't deal with your body." [I prefer to do a slow fade in these instances, but this is pretty funny.]

I was stunned. The hurt would come later. I asked him slowly and carefully if he found my body hard to look at. He said yes. "So, this means seeing me naked was troublesome to you?" I asked. He told me he had just looked away. And when the lights were out, he pretended my body was younger -- that I was younger. [So he didn't have a sense of smell? Don't ask how I know this.] My breath came deep and full as I processed this information. My face blazed as I felt embarrassed and shamed by memories of my easy nakedness with him in days just passed. [Who speaks or writes like this? The Queen of England?]

We talked for some time more, my head reeling at the content of the conversation. He spoke of special stockings and clothing that would "hide" my years. He blithely told me he loved "little black dresses" and strappy shoes. [He was right -- a little black dress would, in fact, make her presentable. You do have to remove it at some point, tho.] He said my hair was not long and flowing as he preferred, but that was okay because it was "cool looking." I felt like a Barbie Doll on acid as I listened to this man. He was totally oblivious to the viciousness of his words. He had turned me into an object to be dressed and positioned to provide satisfaction for his ideas of what female sexual perfection should be. [As opposed to the 381 point checklist she must have included in her profile to net a guy out of her league.]

He explained that now that I knew what was required, we could have a great time in the bedroom. I told him no. I would not hide from my own body. I would not wear outfits to make my body more "tolerable." I would not undress in the dark or shower with the bathroom door closed. I would not diminish myself for him -- or for anyone. My body is beautiful and it goes along with my mind and my heart. [But not with the human penis, sad to say.]

When I told Dave that I never wanted to see or hear from him again, he was confused and complained that I was making a big deal out of nothing. He whined that I had taken a small part of our relationship and made it a major event. I didn't even want to try to explain the hurt and the horror that he had inflicted upon me. [Looks like that went both ways, hence is torpedo move.] I actually felt sickly sorry for this man as I hung up the phone. It was after this call that I went to the bedroom and gently stripped off my clothes. [Not a visual image we wanted here.]

As I looked in the mirror -- clear-eyed and brave [The latter I can agree with.] -- I claimed every inch of my body with love, honor and deep care. This body is me. She has held my soul and carried my heart for all of my days. Each wrinkle and imperfection is a badge of my living and of my giving of life. With tears in my eyes, I hugged myself close. I said thank you to God for the gift of my body and my life. And I said thank you to a sad man named Dave for reminding me of how precious it all is.

Robin Korth enjoys interactions with her readers. Feel free to contact her at [email protected] or on Facebook.
[Here is the real reason for the advertisement..oops article:]
To learn about her new book, "Soul on the Run," go to: http://www.SoulOnTheRun.com
You can also download her "Robin In Your Face" free daily motivational app by going to http://www.robininyourface.com/whats-new/

Soul on the Run is the gut-wrenchingly honest portrayal of one woman’s search for herself, and her refusal to continue playing the game of let's pretend everything is okay. What's more, it reminds us-when we are honest with ourselves-that we can start life over at any age. Korth's words are pithy and raw, sometimes almost brutal, and often just plain funny. There are commonsense insights into living life and a sometimes mystic questing into the hidden avenues of the human heart. To read this book is to journey into your own heart and spirit. The questions and comments of this woman's piercing search for joy and meaning will spark your own. You cannot read this book without becoming a participant in your own soul's journey toward life.

Meanwhile, a strong ability to "pretend everything is okay" is a requirement for dating and sleeping with her.

It is not that her body is bad for a woman her age, on the contrary.

But the telling thing about this story is the uncharacteristic severity of the narcissistic injury that she appears to have suffered because her body turned not to be to the liking of the man she fancied.

So it has nothing to do with the Wall per se... her problem is a much more fundamental one. Her error lies in holding on to the patently absurd entitlement that she ought to be sexually attractive to someone else merely because she happens to be attracted to him.

Quote: (07-13-2014 12:53 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

And when the lights were out, he pretended my body was younger -- that I was younger. [So he didn't have a sense of smell? Don't ask how I know this.]

[Image: laugh5.gif]

I, sadly, also know of what Broken and our hero of the story describe.

[Image: 1000x500px-LL-735be6e1_kermit-bale-nod.gif]

Quote: (07-13-2014 01:04 PM)Gorgiass Wrote:  

Meanwhile, a strong ability to "pretend everything is okay" is a requirement for dating and sleeping with her.

Notice how her raw, wrenching and brutal honesty is worthy of a book, whereas his raw, wrenching and brutal honesty is just horrible and cruel.

i didnt think she was trying to deny the wall.

Started skimming after her completely delusional "brutal scrutiny" then said, "He had turned me into an object to be dressed and positioned to provide satisfaction for his ideas of what female sexual perfection should be."

Dave sees her post wall, and not through the kinder, gentler lies her hamster so carefully tailored with her "brutal scrutiny". Honestly works both ways, and she got some right back in her post wall face: your body is not good enough for me as is, but you can change that.

He gave her a "no A until B" choice to which she doubled down on her solipsism. She already (self admittedly) fucked up her marriage at 51 by doing the same to an implied "no A until B" decision, and seems to continue to think just because she wants A (cock) she should get B to this day. What an entitlement queen.

Kudos, Dave. Keep it up!
[Image: kermit.gif]

As a side note, does anybody notice how she portrays Dave as 25-35 more so than 55?

I don't have any problem with what she says in the article. Why's she being attacked? She's not coming off as a raging entitled feminist. She's almost 60. She's aging. It's nobody's fault that they get old and are less attractive than they were at their prime. No point in berating people for something they have no choice about. I'm sure it's no revelation to her or her female readers that men crave younger bodies. I didn't see her lambasting men for that preference. She just seems to be trying to deal with the emotional aftermath of her aging and be positive and accepting about something that is out of her control anyway. I can't tell much about her background but she did mention having a kid. Maybe she was previously married too. I can't find any fault in her here.

What I don't understand is why that guy would lead her on in the first place if he knew he wasn't attracted to older women. What's the point of making dinner for a woman and cuddling up with her when you know you don't want to bang? To me that's fucked up. Just as I'd be pissed at any girl that was making me dinner, nestling up in my bed and then refusing sex.

Quote:Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:

There is a softness around my waist that is no longer perfectly taut, and the pout of my abdomen attests to a c-section that took its bikini flatness -- but gave me a son. [Too narcissistic to have a standard childbirth?]

I was born with a Cesarian. It had nothing to do with narcissism from my mother, it was what the doctor suggested due to the way I was positioned in her womb.

Quote: (07-13-2014 03:19 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't have any problem with what she says in the article. Why's she being attacked? She's not coming off as a raging entitled feminist. She's almost 60. She's aging. It's nobody's fault that they get old and are less attractive than they were at their prime. No point in berating people for something they have no choice about. I'm sure it's no revelation to her or her female readers that men crave younger bodies. I didn't see her lambasting men for that preference. She just seems to be trying to deal with the emotional aftermath of her aging and be positive and accepting about something that is out of her control anyway. I can't tell much about her background but she did mention having a kid. Maybe she was previously married too. I can't find any fault in her here.

What I don't understand is why that guy would lead her on in the first place if he knew he wasn't attracted to older women. What's the point of making dinner for a woman and cuddling up with her when you know you don't want to bang? To me that's fucked up. Just as I'd be pissed at any girl that was making me dinner, nestling up in my bed and then refusing sex.

There is a softness around my waist that is no longer perfectly taut, and the pout of my abdomen attests to a c-section that took its bikini flatness -- but gave me a son. [Too narcissistic to have a standard childbirth?]

I was born with a Cesarian. It had nothing to do with narcissism from my mother, it was what the doctor suggested due to the way I was positioned in her womb.

OK, I get that. And it happens.

But the reason I made my comment is because about ten years ago there was a trend amongst celebrities to get c-sections to avoid stretching the tissue around their abdomen. I noticed this started to filter into the upper middle class, which this woman seems to be part of.

The trend of elective c-sections by wealthy women was dubbed "Too Posh to Push" by the media.

Quote: (07-13-2014 03:38 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

OK, I get that. And it happens.

But the reason I made my comment is because about ten years ago there was a trend amongst celebrities to get c-sections to avoid stretching the tissue around their abdomen. I noticed this started to filter into the upper middle class, which this woman seems to be part of.

The trend of elective c-sections by wealthy women was dubbed "Too Posh to Push" by the media.

^^^ in the US there's another reason: litigation. If there's any chance of a problem birth I think the hospitals pretty much mandate that a C-Section is done in order to make sure they don't get sued if the baby or mother die during childbirth. Such is the worry over medical malpractice lawsuits.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Quote: (07-13-2014 01:27 PM)WD-40 Wrote:  

Notice how her raw, wrenching and brutal honesty is worthy of a book, whereas his raw, wrenching and brutal honesty is just horrible and cruel.

There's no such thing as 'honesty' in anything presented by a female typist. Where male writers try to transmit facts or thoughts, the main concern of a female typist is gaining approval from the reader, which means always crafting the narrative to into being the innocent victim in any situation, and resolving it by being the morally-superior one. If they can work a comparison to a fictional media character or a celebrity couple in there, even better.

'Dave' probably doesn't even exist, and I doubted they 'cuddled' together. I'm suspicious that he's supposedly un-attracted to her body, but compliments everything else about her, even calling her hair 'cool', when - let's be real - it's your standard post-40's government-worker dykeish cut that's as generic as it possible to be for a woman her age.

"I like your head and your heart", "I like your energy and your laughter". Men don't speak like this. There's a vacuum of verisimilitude. That's pure female self-love / Oprah bullshit. She's utterly, absolutely full of shit.

I'd never bothered reading these sort of articles before the manosphere, but, after a year of exposure to it, I've come to the conclusion there is nothing of any worth to be found in any of them.

These female typists spend all their time in a fugue state of solipsism, yet never seem to come to any kind of honest self-understanding that you'd expect from male introspection. All female typists want is what most women want: to always be the sole focus of the conversation, to receive no criticism at all during the conversation, and to eventually hear is that they're A Good Person, Brave and Amazing.

If they can take advantage of the attention and sympathy of their readers to financially-exploit them, even better.

The Uber-Female Typist work is actually 'Twilight'. I read it trying to understand the female psyche, and it basically fills the same function as a HuffPo article like this.

Quote: (07-13-2014 03:45 PM)Akula Wrote:  

^^^ in the US there's another reason: litigation. If there's any chance of a problem birth I think the hospitals pretty much mandate that a C-Section is done in order to make sure they don't get sued if the baby or mother die during childbirth. Such is the worry over medical malpractice lawsuits.

There is also the expediency of delivering C-Section over natural. The less time a mother (or any patient for that matter) is there the better it is for the hospital for a host of reasons (flat fee reimbursing from insurers, turnover, risk, etc.).

...Why's she being attacked? She's not coming off as a raging entitled feminist. She's almost 60. She's aging. It's nobody's fault that they get old and are less attractive than they were at their prime. No point in berating people for something they have no choice about. I'm sure it's no revelation to her or her female readers that men crave younger bodies. I didn't see her lambasting men for that preference....

She did, though. She calls his words "vicious" and says that he inflicted "hurt and horror" on her. She treats his lack of attraction for a wrinkled, short-haired 59-year-old woman as just an idiosyncratic "idea of what female sexual perfection should be." She calls her body "beautiful" and claims to feel "sickly sorry" for the "sad man" who said otherwise. (Btw, where is the evidence that Dave, an interesting, intelligent, gentlemanly man of 55 with sexual access to younger women, is sad?)

She's firmly in the camp of those who claim that every body is beautiful, that it is wrong for men to express any preference for women with the signs of youth and fertility evolution designed us to pursue. When she gets sexually rejected by a man, she attacks him. Come to think of it, she's the female version of a "creepy nice guy." She feels entitled to sex from Dave because they went on some bike rides together.

At the end of the piece she has learned nothing. She hasn't decided to refocus on being a grandmother or on dating men closer to 70 (to whom she might be a catch.) She shows no understanding that this is the tradeoff for the years when she could have any man she wanted. No, it is Dave who is sad, Dave who fails to see her beauty, Dave who needs to change. Classic hamsterism.

One man wrote a FB comment that's interesting. I'm sure we'll all able to relate at some point.

As a 64 year old man, I found this article very moving and powerful. I'm in good health and physical shape 175 lbs and I do Yoga class 3 times a week. Still, I notice from photos over the last few years that I'm beginning to look much older. It's a constant battle that I will never win, only give up yardage gracefully.
Saying "goodbye" to my youth has been hard...I was born blond and thin and have been a performer and minor star most of my life. My self-image is partially bound up in being attractive...to women, and to everyone. I'm the person that everyone at my class reunions always says "how do you never age, man?!"
But, it's happening now to me too. Being OK with it is a new challenge, but an inevitable and necessary one.

I have to leave youth to the young people now while still maintaining my health and happiness in my "new" body. It's hard, but it's time.

This comment from user Penny White made me laugh:

Who the hell do men think they are that they get to dictate to us what their physical preferences are?

Yeah guys, who the hell do men think they are deciding for themselves what they find attractive! Only women are allowed to do that!

Quote: (07-13-2014 04:09 PM)Ryre Wrote:  

She calls his words "vicious" and says that he inflicted "hurt and horror" on her

[...] She hasn't decided to refocus...on dating men closer to 70 (to whom she might be a catch.)

Wanna bet when such a guy that age does email her on the dating site she ever so kindly writes back, "ummm...you're a little old for me..."

Quote: (07-13-2014 04:34 PM)Renzy Wrote:  

Who the hell do men think they are that they get to dictate to us what their physical preferences are?

Yeah guys, who the hell do men think they are deciding for themselves what they find attractive! Only women are allowed to do that!

That comment is utterly insane. She's so caught up in the PC Fem-speak that she's saying men can't have their own physical preferences and women will decide those for us!!

Listen sweetheart, I'll decide what I like physically in a woman, thanks very much, you fascist Feminist pig.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Quote: (07-13-2014 04:09 PM)Ryre Wrote:  

...Why's she being attacked? She's not coming off as a raging entitled feminist. She's almost 60. She's aging. It's nobody's fault that they get old and are less attractive than they were at their prime. No point in berating people for something they have no choice about. I'm sure it's no revelation to her or her female readers that men crave younger bodies. I didn't see her lambasting men for that preference....

She did, though. She calls his words "vicious" and says that he inflicted "hurt and horror" on her.

She criticized HIM, not all men. And like I said above, I can't defend this man at all, because he shouldn't have led her on like that. She didn't write a piece expressing outrage at men for liking younger women. It was about a dude that led her on like he was interested already knowing she's nearly 60, and then delivers a brutal rejection for reasons she has no control over. If he didn't like older women, he should have never dated her in the first place. I'm the first one to jump on the ass of feminist hags when they get bombastic, but I don't think she's coming off like that. Imagine you're 60, wind up dating some pretty young thing that cooks you meals and lays up with you in bed, then just before you bang she says she can't fuck a guy who's hairline is receding and doesn't have six pack abs. You'd be pissed as well and wonder why she wasted your time.

She treats his lack of attraction for a wrinkled, short-haired 59-year-old woman as just an idiosyncratic "idea of what female sexual perfection should be." She calls her body "beautiful" and claims to feel "sickly sorry" for the "sad man" who said otherwise.

No woman of 59 can be the female sexual idea. Now a good many older men have no problem dating older women. Sure, a young one will look better but many have made peace with being with women around their age, and that's fine(I'm not sure that's something I can do, but to each his own). She thought she had one of these men that was fine with dating a woman her age and then he made an about face. Honestly, I lay the blame here on the guy. He shouldn't have led her one if he wasn't into older women.

She's firmly in the camp of those who claim that every body is beautiful, that it is wrong for men to express any preference for women with the signs of youth and fertility evolution designed us to pursue. When she gets sexually rejected by a man, she attacks him. Come to think of it, she's the female version of a "creepy nice guy." She feels entitled to sex from Dave because they went on some bike rides together.

At the end of the piece she has learned nothing. She hasn't decided to refocus on being a grandmother or on dating men closer to 70 (to whom she might be a catch.) She shows no understanding that this is the tradeoff for the years when she could have any man she wanted. No, it is Dave who is sad, Dave who fails to see her beauty, Dave who needs to change. Classic hamsterism.

I think you're reading way too into it. She never said it was wrong for men to want younger bodies. She didn't even make an attack on men in general, it was against this one particular person and how he tried to hold her to standards a 59 year old woman can't possibly be held to. Afterall, all these young hot girls will eventually be old women. What's the point in getting harsh on them. Aging is nobody's fault.

Quote: (07-13-2014 04:34 PM)Renzy Wrote:  

So she's saying women find this:

[Image: Joe-Manganiello-star-of-HBO-s-True-Blood...w-wolf.jpg]

as attractive as this?

[Image: danny-devito-its-always-sunny-539x400.jpg]

Time to put down the iron, guys!

Quote: (07-13-2014 11:33 AM)Benoit Wrote:  

"Your body is too wrinkly," he said without a pause. "I have spoiled myself over the years with young woman. I just can't get excited with you. I love your energy and your laughter. I like your head and your heart. But, I just can't deal with your body."

[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.