rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

So What I'm Fat

So What I'm Fat

Just wanted to alert you guys to a page on Facebook that celebrates obesity in women...and has 13,000 likes. [Update: Thanks to Flint's keen eye, we now know this page has over 385K likes. I got my # from an old status update, but they're -- ahem -- bigger news now.]

It's called "So What I'm Fat" and it's for "BBW SSBBW & BHM." No, I have no idea what BHM is either and I'm not going to look it up.

The page encourages women to submit pics, so feel free to send in shots of your girlfriends (kidding, kidding).

I thought this deserved its own post, rather than going on on online-hamster thread because of all the likes. It's not troubling it has that many fans; it's disturbing that many women are so unashamed of being overweight, they'll brag about it on Facebook.

As Tom Leykis wrote: "All I can say is that I would hate to see you making inappropriate comments on this page about the thick gals who are proud of their fatness. THAT would be WRONG."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SO-WHAT-I...8494797256

[Image: attachment.jpg19666]   

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-13-2014 02:02 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

No, I have no idea what BHM is either and I'm not going to look it up.

I'm just going to assume it stands for Big Ham because it seems appropriate.

So What I'm Fat

[Image: whoa.gif]

Page has 385.6K fans now, btw.

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-13-2014 02:10 AM)Flint Wrote:  

[Image: whoa.gif]

Page has 385.6K fans now, btw.

That's just great. I'll update my post. I was looking at their status update from July 8 where they had 13K. Guess someone did an article on them.

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-13-2014 02:06 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Quote: (07-13-2014 02:02 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

No, I have no idea what BHM is either and I'm not going to look it up.

I'm just going to assume it stands for Big Ham because it seems appropriate.

It stands for Big Handsome Man (aka it's a pitiful attempt to make "fat acceptance" more inclusive, seeing as most fat acceptance activists/adherents are women).

EDIT: Here's an idea: flood the page with links to fat shaming articles from RoK and other sites. Use link shorteners to hide the identity of the links. I'll try trolling them when I get up in the morning as there will be more people online then.

So What I'm Fat

What I hate the most about these kinds of social media activists (even those who fight for a good cause) is how thin-skinned and hostile to public discourse they are.

I'm happy that I grew up in a place where my parents and my teachers taught me that disagreement is a good thing and that there are issues on which people will never find a common ground.

Especially, I always thought that it is self-evident that public any expression of art or political opinion will garner both agreement and discontent, and that should not surprise anyone.

You play in a band and record an album? Prepare yourself that not all critics and fans will like it.

You paint a minimalistic postmodern picture with a two green triangles on a white ground? Don't be mesmerized that no one is willing to pay 25,000$ for it.

You join a political party and demand reforms? Don't think everyone is stupid and hates you, just because they don't vote for you.

The educational system in the US (both private and public) is doing an incredibly bad job at preparing young people for the real world where society will not always like what they have to say.

Applied to this "So What I'm Fat" site, you can clearly see that the people who like it resort to any sort of shaming and silencing tactic (you're fattist, misogynist, etc.) in order to keep criticism at bay.

They can't deal with the fact that

- there are reasonable arguments against "fat acceptance" on grounds of public health concerns
- statements like "Everyone is beautiful" are a semantic disaster because no living human being in his right mind honestly thinks that. Everyone believes some people are more beautiful than others, it is normal and perfectly human to have these preferences.
- not even most fat people agree with their message. I know quite a few fat people (male and female) and only a few of them are happy with their body shape. They know a high weight is bad for their joints. They know being fat prevents them from moving as versatilely as others. I also blame them for not eating properly and for not working out but at least they don't think there should be more fat people.
- their bodies are not natural but the product of the American food industry. They think it's the epitome of freedom to eat 10 cupcakes for breakfast while they are in fact willing slaves to corporate interests.
- the respect they demand for fat female bodies does not apply to fat male bodies. If these women were honest with themselves they'd admit they rather masturbate at the thought of Ryan Gosling than fantasizing about the naked oily body of John Goodman.

Conclusion:

So what? I don't like looking at fat bodies and I have no problem to tell you that. That is my pride.

So What I'm Fat

What's funny is that fat acceptance culture only applies to women.

When I was getting a little overweight for a while, chicks gave me shit all the time, sometimes disguised as a joke but definitely malicious. Some of them really said some fucked up shit. Usually bitchy women my friends or brothers were dating that thought I was a bad influence on their old man (yes, American men are whipped enough to let their women talk shit to their homies as they please).

Maybe to put it more correctly, you have to get fat enough to be celibate before these women will accept you.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

So What I'm Fat

I'm really looking forward to seeing some trolling done on this page. Some Edmonton radio station I liked on FB posted some before and after photo of some girl that apparently had anorexia before, (honestly looked like a healthy normal person though). Second pic was the after, where she "beat" the disease. The after photo contains an absolute hog 15kg overweight easy. A minority of people were calling her out on her fatness but the majority congratulated her and were saying "she is no where neaaaaar fat! She's beautiful!"

It's not fat acceptance anymore, it's fat encouragement.

So What I'm Fat

brb trolling them. Its an open page.

So What I'm Fat

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

So What I'm Fat

Relevant:

Why are today's young women so unashamed about being fat?

A male journalist would have been destroyed for writing that.

*UK Size 18 is a 14-16 in the States. Revolting either way.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

So What I'm Fat

Every single time I see a girl posting some fat acceptance shit on my facebook news feed (an it happens ALOT) I post this picture. Then when I see I have a notification about the pic I posted I think its gonna be some shit that I am finally gonna have my epic fat acceptance melt down about.... but it never is. It's just always a lol or a haha.
[Image: Funny-memes-real-men-have-curves.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-13-2014 10:53 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Every single time I see a girl posting some fat acceptance shit on my facebook news feed (an it happens ALOT) I post this picture. Then when I see I have a notification about the pic I posted I think its gonna be some shit that I am finally gonna have my epic fat acceptance melt down about.... but it never is. It's just always a lol or a haha.
[Image: Funny-memes-real-men-have-curves.jpg]

My high school has a private, student only facebook page where people can publicly and anonymously post things.

Some girl posted that she wanted to lose weight and of course tons of people commented "skinny doesn't mean beautiful" and "being fat is OK".

So I mocked them by posting that exact same picture in the comments. 5 or 6 kids called me an insensitive asshole, and the moderator/admin of the page kicked me out of the group!

Now at my school I'm known as the kid who hates fat people [Image: lol.gif]

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-13-2014 09:50 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Relevant:

Why are today's young women so unashamed about being fat?

A male journalist would have been destroyed for writing that.

*UK Size 18 is a 14-16 in the States. Revolting either way.

One of the best articles ever written on the subject.

Her descriptions of the fat women who dress in skimpy clothing, while inherently disgusting, is spot on.

The article makes so many great points.

A generation of mothers seem to have swallowed a dangerously misguided message of body acceptance; making them terrified of telling their daughters they're getting fat for fear they'll stop eating altogether. Mums are now so busy shoring up their daughters' self-worth by telling them they're lovely just the way they are, they're becoming guilty of benign neglect instead.

I love food, but even today, at 62, I am still very careful to cut back if I feel my jeans getting too tight. While I have sympathy for those with genuine metabolic conditions, the majority of today's fatties seem simply too greedy, ill-disciplined and or ignorant to do the same.

It's about time we stopped tiptoeing around the size issue, stopped kidding ourselves that anorexia, however serious, is the biggest eating problem we face, and started to tackle fat for the problem that it is.Not because celebrities and models are worthy of emulating but because fat is a blight on both individuals and society.One way to start might be by calling a fat girl a fat girl. No apology required.

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-13-2014 11:41 AM)Switch Wrote:  

Own it. Odds are the hot girls will start using you as a barometer of who is thin enough to be 'hot'.

So What I'm Fat

i like big girls but they need to stop acting like they fucking super heros.

they dont have capes in plus sizes fatties. just be fat and roll with it.

Nope.

So What I'm Fat

Here are a couple negatives of the fat acceptance movement.

This one fat old chick comes in my store and hits on EVERYONE, me included, even calling me "the sexiest man alive". Eww....

And the one time I tried to ignore her, she told my supervisor, who is fat too, that I was being crabby towards her.

One time at university a few years ago, this one fat dude tried to get me to fuck him, and I texted him no. Somehow he thought I was gay.

If they're unashamed of being fat, I should be unashamed of telling them to go fuck themselves. If they call me an asshole, so what?

So What I'm Fat

I find that fat acceptance is just downright ridiculous because its proven that obesity is an unhealthy lifestyle. And these whales of women are trying to justify and seek validation by saying that their beautiful.

So What I'm Fat

I will be posting photos of slender babes on So What I'm Fat, under the name Gino Scarpelli.

Follow up: Hahah my photo of a slender blonde was taken down in less than a minute.

So What I'm Fat

A comment i saw on this picture:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater

Tam Shoveitupyournose Shoemaker: "I am as healthy as a horse, but thanks for pretending to care about my health to cover the truth: you can't handle all this!"

Who knew that horses were so healthy

So What I'm Fat

Can we have another fat-shaming week? We need to hurt some feelings and send fatties crying to the gym [Image: lol.gif]

Life is good

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-13-2014 02:57 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Quote: (07-13-2014 11:41 AM)Switch Wrote:  

Own it. Odds are the hot girls will start using you as a barometer of who is thin enough to be 'hot'.

So What I'm Fat

I agree with Simon. Fat shaming week was a beautiful disaster; mostly beautiful

U​ of Roosh Class of 2420

So What I'm Fat

All those fat bitches made me really happy i don't live in the US/Mexico/UK.

They deserve zero attention. Guys like this Jimmy is just feeding their ego...

[Image: iFHljJp.png]

So What I'm Fat

Quote: (07-14-2014 05:14 PM)pants Wrote:  

All those fat bitches made me really happy i don't live in the US/Mexico/UK.

They deserve zero attention. Guys like this Jimmy is just feeding their ego...

[Image: iFHljJp.png]

>guy

looks more like xir to me

U​ of Roosh Class of 2420