rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best place to relocation?

Hello,

I'm bachelor, with more than one year experience.
i'm not from Europe or America but I'll like to relocation to new place for work (better wage and terms) and fun.
I actually want a place that will fit to permanent migrate.
I hold citizenship of EU (Italian) but never lived there.
I also want to live in big city.

Anyway, the native choice for me is the stongest economys in europe which is u or USA.
USA is probably better in terms of language and culture (I live in similar culture to USA) but it's really hard to gain a work permit.

The thing is, I always heard that girls in USA is not much of a novelty
and about u, on ROK and on this forum I saw debates on german girls.

Now, I agree that if you only travel for game ONLY you might want to check russia or other equivalents but to combine it with work is unreasonable.

So are the girls in USA and u is really that bad, or only bad compare to the other options when you travel only for that?
how you compare that to the girls of USA (i've never been there, but I liked some girls as I seen in other countries).

I'll like to get any information or advice that can help,
and also if you have city to reccomend it will help too.
If you need to choose between USA, u or USA (when in USA it will be hard to gain permit) what would you do?
Also, is there someone here that also work in the same field?

Thank you.

I doesn't believe that no one have any useful information..
(got to second page)

It seems you answered your own questions.

What do you really want?

Quote: (07-10-2014 04:55 PM)Kvothe Wrote:  

It seems you answered your own questions.

What do you really want?
What do you mean?
I just see so many people here, talking about best destination to "game vacation".
So, I just wondered if there is someone like me that want the best destination for game and work at the same time.
I just elaborate my situation, and it's very surprising that no one existing in the same situation or have anything to add.

If you can get work in Germany then go for it, I understand it is not easy. UK you will have better luck in the job market.

Germany is a bus ride away to several good countries like Poland and Czech Rep.

Talent wise Germany is on par with USA, but you won't regret that move.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (07-10-2014 06:12 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

If you can get work in Germany then go for it, I understand it is not easy. UK you will have better luck in the job market.

Germany is a bus ride away to several good countries like Poland and Czech Rep.

I can get work there in the future (after learn the languge to some degree).
But, I just wonder if it's the right destination for me, while I see many people here disappointed "Game wise" about that country.
Yes, Poland and Czech Rep are probably one of the best places for game right now as I see in europe, but
it's not feasible to bus drive every week for a tour (It could be more than 6 hours to go from main city in germany to main city at one of those countries).

I already disappointed "Game wise" from the city I live now, and that's one of the reasons I want to relocate.

Any comment will be appreciated [Image: blush.gif]

^ who says you have to go to a main city in Poland or Czech? I maintained a relationship with a girl in a village/town close to the German border in Czech Rep. I would fly to Nuremberg and take the train in, the downside is that I had to fly in from the UK.

If you are settled in Germany, girls will take long bus rides to come see you from wherever. UK is strictly planes which more than likely you will foot the bill.

Most German companies use English as the business language, the downside is that your coworkers may talk about you behind your back in German. I have never spent a great deal of time in Germany, location wise it is much better than UK.

I would be in Eastern and Central Europe every other week if I lived there.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (07-11-2014 02:56 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

^ who says you have to go to a main city in Poland or Czech? I maintained a relationship with a girl in a village/town close to the German border in Czech Rep. I would fly to Nuremberg and take the train in, the downside is that I had to fly in from the UK.

If you are settled in Germany, girls will take long bus rides to come see you from wherever. UK is strictly planes which more than likely you will foot the bill.

Most German companies use English as the business language, the downside is that your coworkers may talk about you behind your back in German. I have never spent a great deal of time in Germany, location wise it is much better than UK.

I would be in Eastern and Central Europe every other week if I lived there.
There are the UK-France Channel Tunnel, but you right, germany is better located.
I actually less bothered about languge, it will take time but i'll learn it finally.
I just want to be sure not to prepare to the wrong destination and for the wrong languge (and spend that time).

I do want to live in the best nightlife scene (big city) I could get while still able grow work wise.
So, I more bothered about the culture and nightlife in germany, it's so much controversial (even in this forum).
Can I ask you why did you choose UK (if I understand correctly)?

I didn't choose UK because I use to live London. I love the city but not a fan of the nightlife and social scene, although the amount of foreign gals living there can be nice.

I am not saying I am a fan of Germany, I wouldn't live there unless there was an offer that was too good for me. To learn the language does not appeal to me and nor does there culture, well driving on the autobahn would be nice.
As I mentioned before being close to countries in the EE would be a massive plus for me, if I wasn't able to visit every weekend I would have girls visit me on a regular basis.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (07-13-2014 02:39 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I didn't choose UK because I use to live London. I love the city but not a fan of the nightlife and social scene, although the amount of foreign gals living there can be nice.

I am not saying I am a fan of Germany, I wouldn't live there unless there was an offer that was too good for me. To learn the language does not appeal to me and nor does there culture, well driving on the autobahn would be nice.
As I mentioned before being close to countries in the EE would be a massive plus for me, if I wasn't able to visit every weekend I would have girls visit me on a regular basis.
What's bad about UK nightlife? nightlife is my biggest priority.
lets say i'm not bothered about the language, what you didn't like about the culture in Germany? I hear it so much about Germany and it's deter me, but no one give me any explanation. (and yes, autobahn are pretty cool).

big amount of foreign girls is pretty good, but thats advantage I can get in both main cities of germany and UK so it's probably not a relevant consideration.

London nightlife is expensive, the talent may not be the greatest. The food also sucks in the UK and the weather can drive you mad, I tolerated it because I got to travel quite often.
The greatest thing about the UK is that you can be in a handful of great countries in less than two hours flying time, look at Easyjet and Ryanair for flights.
There are loads of jobs in the UK, so you should be alright with a computer science major.
On this forum English guys like to travel alot, most of them usually head to EE and Central Europe.

Why Germany? Isn't there another country you could go to instead.
Have you been to Germany? What about Switzerland?
Lets just say the country is not for me, I don't want to go into greater detail. Funny thing is I have had some hot girls eye fuck me when I was in transit.

I myself was close to taking a job in Budapest, Hungary.

Our New Blog:

Not really comparable. Different, but there's a hell of a lot less overweight girls in Germany than the US.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (07-14-2014 05:53 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Not really. There's a hell of a lot less overweight girls in Germany than the US.

No country has fatter women than the USA, I am not talking about Vegas/LA/Miami.

Our New Blog:

Top Cities as Recommended by RVF members

1. DC - the absolute best that there is for you
2. Toronto - 2nd best, but still pretty awesome
3. San Francisco - Think of all the tech companies!
4. Copenhagen
5. London
6. Buenos Aires
7. Riyadh - don't sleep on the Saudis!

Absolutely stay away from
- Vegas and NYC
- Brazil and Colombia
- all of South East Asia and East Asia (India is a go!)
- all of Russia and Eastern Europe

WIA

Quote: (07-14-2014 07:38 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

4. Copenhagen
5. London
6. Buenos Aires

- Vegas and NYC
- Brazil and Colombia

WIA

I'd put both St. Louis and Zanesville ahead of D.C., but I realize it's a matter of personal preference.

4. Copenhagen
5. London
6. Buenos Aires

- Vegas and NYC
- Brazil and Colombia

WIA

Don't forget that Kabul, Afghanistan is up and coming. The chicks are getting more liberal there and the burkas are about the fly off.

Quote: (07-14-2014 05:51 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

London nightlife is expensive, the talent may not be the greatest. The food also sucks in the UK and the weather can drive you mad, I tolerated it because I got to travel quite often.
The greatest thing about the UK is that you can be in a handful of great countries in less than two hours flying time, look at Easyjet and Ryanair for flights.
There are loads of jobs in the UK, so you should be alright with a computer science major.
On this forum English guys like to travel alot, most of them usually head to EE and Central Europe.

Why Germany? Isn't there another country you could go to instead.
Have you been to Germany? What about Switzerland?
Lets just say the country is not for me, I don't want to go into greater detail. Funny thing is I have had some hot girls eye fuck me when I was in transit.

I myself was close to taking a job in Budapest, Hungary.
Yes, i've been there, but not enough to estimate as a longterm country (only been two days in a ski resort).
Actually Switzerland is a good choice (besides it's a small country), but it's not in the EU which means I don't have an immediate promised work-permit.

Actually Budapest can be good choice for a nightlife, but I don't know if it wil be good for the long run for work, and as long as I need to learn new language I need to consider it to the long run.

4. Copenhagen
5. London
6. Buenos Aires

- Vegas and NYC
- Brazil and Colombia

WIA

DC - I might consider US, but It's not really nice to get work-permit though it's prossible.
why NYC is that bad?
Toronto is the same as US to get work-permit but may be easier.

Copenhagen - I might consider it, can someone recommend it for work also?

^WIA is just fucking with you.

The cities he listed are the WORST ones to move to.

^"India is a go!"

[Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

OP, I don't want to sound unhelpful but why don't you make a decision based on the datasheets which you can search within this forum for? If you mention something that's particularly important to you in a location, we might be able to help you more.

Am I right in thinking English isn't your native tongue, OP? Would it be important to you to find people who speak your first language? If so, London would likely be better than a German city, given its size and variety.

Ethan Amarante's datasheets:
*Glasgow

Suriname.

Very good location independent destination.

Quote: (07-15-2014 05:07 AM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

^WIA is just fucking with you.

The cities he listed are the WORST ones to move to.
By DC he ment Washington, D.C?
I didn't know that Washington, D.C is that bad
so that what tricked me, I actually thought he talks for real excep for Riyadh [Image: idea.gif]
Quote: (07-15-2014 03:12 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Suriname.

Very good location independent destination.
Lets talk for real, please.
Quote: (07-15-2014 11:40 AM)Ethan Amarante Wrote:  

OP, I don't want to sound unhelpful but why don't you make a decision based on the datasheets which you can search within this forum for? If you mention something that's particularly important to you in a location, we might be able to help you more.

Am I right in thinking English isn't your native tongue, OP? Would it be important to you to find people who speak your first language? If so, London would likely be better than a German city, given its size and variety.
I did search on the forum (and also in the internet), but it looks like that the majority here only rate location by girls. But I do need a place that will fit also to my career.

What important to me is a place with great nightlife, should be a big city (I currently live in a smaller one and don't like it).
Also, a place that attracts foreign girls (so I have variety),
and a country with strong economy which probably indicate that I can get high salary in that country, and indicate high quality of life.
of course high quality of girls is also valuable.
I also prefer EU because of citizenship but willing to try any other destination.

Yes, i'm not an english native speaker, but let's assume that I am. Because my english level is pretty good and I probably gain a native level when I will talk only english for a month.
So for this reason, UK wins (but I see that not many people like the nightlife there..).
(about my real native language I don't really care)

But if I don't want to let language determine alone (and don't mind learn extra language at high level) what would you choose?

Reading over your original post, I would say London or the UK is your best bet and probably your only bet.
You have one year experience, so you are not specialized in anything. Germans tend to favour Germans, the people I know who work there are specialized.
In the UK like most countries they will look for local experience, if you don't have that then they will lowball you. UK is also expensive, most foreigners in London live in a house share.
Do you speak Italian? Where you living now?

Our New Blog:

Quote: (07-15-2014 05:21 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Reading over your original post, I would say London or the UK is your best bet and probably your only bet.
You have one year experience, so you are not specialized in anything. Germans tend to favour Germans, the people I know who work there are specialized.
In the UK like most countries they will look for local experience, if you don't have that then they will lowball you. UK is also expensive, most foreigners in London live in a house share.
Do you speak Italian? Where you living now?
I'm actually thinks that I have an advantage in few places because I graduates University which count as one of the best at my subject in the world. Also, when I will relocate I'll have more than 2 years experience at global company (because I'll relocate in more than a year).

I actually got many recommendations for UK and Germany as a region for work.
But I can't trust those people in terms of quality of nightlife and gals.
This is one of my main reasons for relocation and I don't want to compromise too much (it's obvious that waive Russia it's a compromise.. but need to be realistic).
I do know Italian only a little, but not in a level that give me any advantage or prefer Italian speaking.

Anyway I hesitate about UK because many bad things I hear about the nightlife there (Including from you). about Germany I hear contradictory opinions. If you have any information that can help, I'll appreciative.

The only way you will know is to visit or apply for jobs in a particular country and see what the reaction is.

Our New Blog: