rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Software to stop online procrastination/drunk texting-FBing

So after one too many wasted days leading to nothing but netflix bingeing, and one too many "wasted" nights leading to drunk texting/FB-ing I set out to find a way to force (or face excruciating boredom) myself to get my shit together.

First, unless someone knows a free program, this tactic will involve downloading a $10 program (it has a 60 refund policy if your skeptical) .

http://macfreedom.com/ (it works for Windows too)

What this program does is completely block all internet access on your computer for a set amount of time. So just start-up the program any day you want to force yourself stay off of the internet.

Second, you might now be thinking "well what about my phone?"

iPhones (and im guessing most smart phones) have the option to allow for extended passwords. Simply type in some random password you wont remember 5 minutes later (ex: j5jcdk4jt), and then save it into your email right before you start-up the internet blocking program on your PC.

If you need to use your phone to collect numbers, the iPhone has a parental lock to block Safari/app using/downloading. Just have a trusted wingman/roommate/friend type in a password before you go out (the parental block password, which different than your general iPhone password, can only be 4 numbers long so you will most likely remember it later if you try to block yourself out). There are also some drunk dialings apps that will hide your contacts for the night.

Of course, the best method is to learn self-control, but hopefully the method above proves helpful for those who may need a little extra help.

If you use Firefox, you can use an app for blocking certain sites. That is the best solution. Blocking the site is better than "not using it for a certain period of time". The same thing for Chrome. Just block them.

To me it seems that you have some deeper issues that "self-discipline". Can you describe what is on your mind about these things? What do you need "self-discipline"?