rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fish oil

Fish oil

Hello, recently I bought a bottle of fish oil soft gels, big mistake. I forgot to check out the nutrition label and it has soy... this is after consuming half of the bottle.

I looked at Whole Foods and several other retailers and if there was a liquid form of fish oil it was wildly expensive for the volume offered.

I was wondering if you guys knew of a vendor that would sell this stuff, something that's high quality, but in large volumes and for a relatively low price.

Fish oil

Costco?

http://www.leanitup.com/review-the-compl...-reviewed/

Fish oil

Fish Oil is one of the few supplements where you absolutely must pay up for quality.

Reason being is that the majority of the stuff you can buy in stores (yes, including Costco) sits on shelves for a long time at room temperature slowly going rancid.

Most store bought fish oil also contains a low amount of EPA and DHA. That's what you should be looking at, rather than trying to get the best price per weight.

I only buy my fish oil from the Poliquin online store now and I've noticed a huge difference.

It comes wrapped multiple times over so it's not exposed to sunlight and I put it straight away into my fridge.

It's also heavily tested and filtered for a lot of the common additives that people are wishing to avoid.

Fish oil

Hey LeBeau which fish oil from Poliquin do you recommend?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Fish oil

I agree with LeBeau that taking a very high quality fish oil is key. Low level fish oils are worse than useless -- these volatile fats go rancid quickly, and fats that are rancid are as bad for you as pure high quality fats are good for you.

In my opinion, this is by far the best available fish oil:

Eskimo-3

It is exceptionally stable and has been demonstrated in multiple studies to be the purest fish oil available. It is the one preferentially used in clinical studies.

Like LeBeau says, it should be refrigerated immediately. 1 teaspoon a day with some food is all you need.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Fish oil

Quote: (07-01-2014 07:44 PM)brk9912 Wrote:  

Hello, recently I bought a bottle of fish oil soft gels, big mistake. I forgot to check out the nutrition label and it has soy...

Are you concerned about something in soy (phytoestrogens?) mimicking estrogen? I'm fairly confident that would only be a problem in very large quantities, well beyond what you'd get in little oil pills.

Ethan Amarante's datasheets:
*Glasgow

Fish oil

FYI, the "therapeutic" ratio of EPA - DHA is 2 to 1.

So depending on the brand you choose you may need to take more of one product than another. E.G. Costco's product is less expensive per capsule
but you need to take more to get the optimum ratio.

Also, there were some widely publicized studies recently regarding mercury which is arguably much more of a concern than soy. It's advisable obviously to seek out products that are molecularly distilled to eliminate this risk.

There are published ratings regarding this (mercury-free fish oil). A simple search will turn them up.

Fish oil

I take krill oil over fish oil for the following reasons:

Krill is bottom of food chain, therefore less environmental contamination. Contaminants travel up the food chain in greater amounts for every level up consumed. Think mercury, lead, pcb's, etc.

Most fish oil and krill oil is unfortunately sold at room temperature. With krill oil this is not so much of a problem due to naturally high Vitamin E and Astathanxin acting as anti-oxidants and increasing the time taken for the oil to go rancid. This is why fish oil generally has more things added to it.

The EPA and DHA in krill is already in phospholipid form. Therefore more bio-available.

My diet is already high in fish. I can't say I've eaten krill...ever. I'm sure most people are similar.

Cons: Costs more!

Fish oil

Quote: (07-03-2014 02:14 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Hey LeBeau which fish oil from Poliquin do you recommend?

Capsules (check those ingredients compared to avg. fish oil):

http://main.poliquinstore.com/epa-dha-720-blend

If you prefer the Liquid, I recently took advantage of this sale to stock up:

http://main.poliquinstore.com/supplement...pa-dha-liq

In terms of dosage on capsules, or amount of grams per day, it's also worth reading what Ido Portal has to say on these two links:

https://www.facebook.com/portal.ido/post...4462131540

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/to...-athletes/ (I just CTRL+F for "Ido" )

Fish oil

You know, I never though of it that way. Thanks for pointing it out.