rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The MLB Thread

The MLB Thread

I searched for 'MLB' in titles and it returned no results. So I decided I'd made one. I'm sure there's at least a few fellow RVF baseball fans. How has this forum lasted this long without a MLB thread?

Anyway what are your early picks for the Major Awards?

Here's mine:

AL Cy Young: Felix Hernandez
AL MVP: Mike Trout
AL RoY: Masahiro Tanaka

NL Cy Young: Johnny Cueto
NL MVP: Troy Tulolitzki
NL RoY: Billy Hamilton

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

The MLB Thread

AL Roy will probably be jose daniel abreu but the season is only half over, so all of this is very much premature, it's possible for guys to have huge second halves and jump the list.

Adam wainright and clayton kershaw are having similar seasons to cueto, and get more run support and more wins, so they may finish higher by the end of the season.

The MLB Thread

I think James Jones with the Mariners is making a strong case for RoY in the AL too. I'd never even heard of him before his call up, and I'm an M's fan. Batting damn near .300.

It is premature, but that's part of the fun haha. Eradicator what's your team?

You got to like Cueto's sub 2 era though. If he keeps it there its a lock. Kershaw's FIP is unbelievable, he's going to have an incredible second half.

The MLB Thread

Dodgers fan here. Kershaw is a great second half pitcher(except the playoffs on short rest). The Reds have never had a CY winner, and that won't change this year.

King Felix is definitely taking the CY in the AL this year barring an injury, or shit heel east coast sports writers bitter about the Cano signing handing it to Tanaka.

How are you fans taking to LoMo up there? The man is fucking hilarious.

The MLB Thread

I think Tanaka's second half won't be as good as the first. He'll be facing teams for a second time around, and they have a lot of film on him now.

As for LoMo, let's just say I'm happy the guy's batting above the Mendoza line. If he can stay healthy I'd rather see him out there than Smoak. Damn we need a dh haha.

The MLB Thread

Nice thread.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

The MLB Thread

I've been a baseball fan most of my life. I don't get into the day-to-day of its all until the all-star break. Being in Toronto I am cool with the Jays, they are my 2nd team but I bleed for Cleveland its tough getting to watch their games since MLB cockblocks online hard.

The Jays are bi-polar but are in a position with a collapsed AL East to finally make a run. They had that scorching stretch where they lost like 3 games in 18 and then started to flounder a bit. They are going to have to make some moves, move some young dudes to get some a arm and a legit 3rd basemen and move Lawrie to 2nd full time.

The MLB Thread

Are you guys ever afraid of the moves your team's GM might make? I'm perpetually scared that Jack Z (mariners) is going to make a silly move at the trade deadline and screw everything up.

Pointless worrying I know, but still, I wish all trades were required to be signed off by me. [Image: lol.gif]

The MLB Thread

Kosko--

The AL East has fallen from grace, huh. Used to be the best division in baseball, its really anyone's division. Its good though, I have no personal beef with the Yankees or the Red Sox, but it's nice to see 'lower spending' teams make it every once in a while.

The MLB Thread

Quote: (07-03-2014 07:13 AM)Switch Wrote:  

Are you guys ever afraid of the moves your team's GM might make? I'm perpetually scared that Jack Z (mariners) is going to make a silly move at the trade deadline and screw everything up.

Pointless worrying I know, but still, I wish all trades were required to be signed off by me. [Image: lol.gif]

The Pedro Martinez debacle was the last horrible trade the Dodgers management has made. Paul Konerko looked to be the next Billy Ashley so that trade was forgivable. Carlos Santana sucks, so those few good years of Casey Blake were more than worth it. The trade attempt in 2004 to get Randy Johnson blew up in the Dodgers faces, but they at least got Brad Penny out of the deal. The "Juan for four" Pierre trade was shitty only because he was finally earning his keep. The Cody ross deal ended up hurting us in the long run as well.

I'm waiting for the Mariners to okay a Joc Pederson for Taijuan Walker deal. Wouldn't mind finding a way to reunite Kyle Seager with his brother Corey in LA either. I don't know what you Mariner fans thought at the time, but Vargas for Morales was awful in my opinion.

The MLB Thread

Quote: (07-03-2014 11:12 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

Quote: (07-03-2014 07:13 AM)Switch Wrote:  

The Pedro Martinez debacle was the last horrible trade the Dodgers management has made. Paul Konerko looked to be the next Billy Ashley so that trade was forgivable. Carlos Santana sucks, so those few good years of Casey Blake were more than worth it. The trade attempt in 2004 to get Randy Johnson blew up in the Dodgers faces, but they at least got Brad Penny out of the deal. The "Juan for four" Pierre trade was shitty only because he was finally earning his keep. The Cody ross deal ended up hurting us in the long run as well.

I'm waiting for the Mariners to okay a Joc Pederson for Taijuan Walker deal. Wouldn't mind finding a way to reunite Kyle Seager with his brother Corey in LA either. I don't know what you Mariner fans thought at the time, but Vargas for Morales was awful in my opinion.

Personally I was fine with the Vargas for Morales trade. We needed hitting more than pitching at the time. We had a bunch of pitchers in the farm system that it seemed worth it. So far it hasn't come back to bite us, like so many trades do.

The MLB Thread

If he didn't get busted for PEDs last year, I would say Nelson Cruz is AL MVP. The Os are in first place, would probably be closer to last without him.

The MLB Thread

It'll be tough for anyone not named Mike Trout to win MVP this year, he's a sabermetric dream.

The MLB Thread

Even with Cabrera winning the Triple Crown a couple of years ago, there was a solid argument that Trout deserved the MVP his rookie year with that ridiculous WAR.

I feel bad for O's fans. That team is always trying to put good talent on the field in historically the toughest division, but the early to mid season runs always peter out late. I thought the 2005 team they put together was going to be insane with Roberts, (Javy)Lopez, Tejada, Mora, Palmeiro, Sosa, and a decent starting rotation. Couldn't even make .500 that season.

The MLB Thread

Yeaaaaa boy! Kyle Seager added to the All star roster replacing Encarnacion.

The MLB Thread

Quote: (07-06-2014 01:20 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

I feel bad for O's fans. That team is always trying to put good talent on the field in historically the toughest division, but the early to mid season runs always peter out late. I thought the 2005 team they put together was going to be insane with Roberts, (Javy)Lopez, Tejada, Mora, Palmeiro, Sosa, and a decent starting rotation. Couldn't even make .500 that season.

Yeah it's been a tough row to hoe for the Os the last 15-20 years, with all the teams in the AL East willing to throw $200M at the roster. Fortunately they have won the WS in my lifetime, and I got to see that as a kid. Also was able to see Cal Ripken Jr and Eddie Murray, hall of famers.

For the LOLs, I've only lived in my current city for 5 years and the team has won the WS twice, so plenty of baseball excitement around here.

The MLB Thread

When Oakland got Lester they were like...[Image: highfive.gif]

Now Detroit got David Price and Oakland be like..[Image: fuckthat.gif][Image: fuckthat2.gif]

The MLB Thread

Felix Hernandez is having one of the best stretches of pitching in the history of baseball right now.

Shit's insane.

14 games in a row of 7+ innings and 2 or less runs. The sad thing is he's won less than half of those games haha.

The MLB Thread

^^^

It's about time that trade went down. I was getting sick of seeing Nick Franklin rotting on the bench and down in Tacoma. Hope he succeeds in Tampa, he's got good potential.

David Price is gonna get to Detroit and pitch and be like "What are all of these people doing in the stands?" [Image: lol.gif] Detroit's rotation just somehow got even better. It'll be damn hard for anyone to take them one in a 7 game series. TOO MUCH DEPTH.

Austin Jackson is batting .270 and that's going to be good enough for third on the Mariners [Image: dodgy.gif]

The MLB Thread

The A's gave up too much for a two month rental in Lester. They stand no chance of keeping him long term.

The Mariners came out on top with that trade, unless Franklin turns out to be a superstar.

Thank God the Dodgers didn't trade Corey Seager away.

The MLB Thread

Bump

Last night was the best baseball game I have watched since the Rockies/Padres '07 game 163!

Salvy was being raped by the breaking ball all night, but he adjusted when it meant the most.

Now you gotta believe in That What Speed Do:

[Image: giphy.gif]

The MLB Thread

Tigers will win it all

The MLB Thread

Honestly I'd rather of played the A's instead of Royals.

Either way I'm worried about their pitching, but the Halo's will beat them [Image: wink.gif]

PS Am I the only one that find it ironic that Kansas City is in Missouri and NOT Kansas ?

The MLB Thread

Yoenis Cespedes must be laughing his ass off. The A's deserve to be done, I mean how do you trade your cleanup hitter?

Let's go dem O's!

The MLB Thread

Quote: (10-01-2014 05:35 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

PS Am I the only one that find it ironic that Kansas City is in Missouri and NOT Kansas ?

There is a Kansas City in Kansas too.