rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sunburn Remedies

Sunburn Remedies

Thought I could get away with an hour at the beach today with no lotion. Ended up being more like 2 hours, right at midday. Already feeling a ton of pain and discomfort all over my body.

Anybody have sunburn remedies that have worked particularly well? So far, I've heard tons of aloe, maybe coconut oil, and drink watermelon juice.

Sunburn Remedies

First list that came up in a Google search:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-car...htm#page=1

Sunburn Remedies

Your Casper skin cannot handle the intense rays of SoCal.

Wear SPF before getting in the sun.

Don't take hot showers. It'll dry you out quicker.

Aloe Vera and call in to work [Image: lol.gif]

Sunburn Remedies

As a fellow pale person I'm interested in hearing unorthodox remedies as well.

#pastyproblems

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Sunburn Remedies

Sleep in very loose comfortable clothing and wake up every so often to put on more aloe.
I won't bother with coconut oil I find aloe always works better.

If I get burnt badly I also eat a tonne of fruit and vegetables. It seems to help me heal faster.

Things like carrots, beats, tomatoes, peppers, oranges, bananas, pineapples.

Sunburn Remedies

constantly reapply aloe. make sure you get highest percent aloe you can get - they usually put other crap in the lotions. colored fruits and vegetables will help too but carrots and TOMATOES are king here, so go ahead and slam a few cans of tomatoes back.

Sunburn Remedies

Pure Aloe Vera uber alles.

This isn't just a problem w/ pale guys, it affects every skin hue...

McQueen wasn't lying about the intensity of the SoCal sun. I had to learn the hard way when I lived there.

Sunburn Remedies

If you want to get all hippie I would highly recommend this...

Sunburn Remedies

I've had my shares of very nasty sunburns and I know what helps.

1. Stay inside and avoid the sun like a vampire for a week or longer until your skin has recovered.
2. Don't wear any clothes on bodyparts that has burned skin. Let them breath.
3. Aloe Vera or something similar that fattens up your skin when you loosing your old skin.

All this exaggerated fruit and vegetables eating didn't help me at all.

Sunburn Remedies

I burnt when I was last in Thailand. I was putting after sun on it to no effect, then switched to moisturising cream (E45). Smothered the affected area about five times throughout the day, and my skin was brown the next morning.

Sunburn Remedies

I think MikeCF had an article about how the lycopene in watermelon, papaya, and tomatoes helps prevent sunburn.

Make a watermelon smoothie before going out in the sun, see if it works for you.

Watermelon
Water (just a little)
Ice
Rum/vodka optional
Mint optional

Obviously wear sunblock when you go out too, prevention is better than treatment.

Sunburn Remedies

Take VitaminD 1 day before and at the day of the sunbath, it is essential for tanning and is additionally produced during the sunbath. Severly reduces sun burn. It is necessary to generate the Melanine pigments. In my experience it helps.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Sunburn Remedies

My neighbor swears by putting Listerine on sunburns..... I have never tried it. The man knows how to smoke and grill the perfect rack of ribs, an I trust any man with those skills.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Sunburn Remedies

Quote: (06-30-2014 05:40 AM)___ Wrote:  

Pure Aloe Vera uber alles.

Agreed. Pure Aloe is much more expensive, but very worth it to me for smaller areas or more badly damaged (e.g. tops of ears). If you're just pink/peeling on a large area save some bucks and get the watered down stuff with glycerin/alcohol fillers.

Sunburn Remedies

I put some coconut oil on, but my gut feeling is that it's not really that useful. Gonna stick with the purest aloe I can find, take advil when the discomfort gets bad, and also drink some watemelon/carrot/tomato juice. Taking extra vitamin D also seems like a decent idea.

Sunburn Remedies

first thing... take eggs whites and put them on the burnt skin... let it dry and then run it under cold water to get the residue off... Should be good to go after that.

if you still have discomfort rub acv on it the burn with a cotton ball. Its a natural anti inflammatory and should get rid of the pain

for future reference eat a diet high in Omega 3. Make sure the source is complete with astaxanthin and you will never burn again

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Sunburn Remedies

Aloe Vera but you need the real plant and you just use the sap. The OTC stuff is bullshit and has none of the healing goodness that's in the plant itself.

Also, as a preventative maintenance solution you can use Melanotan II which not only gives you a tan but protects you from getting burned quite well.

Sunburn Remedies

Dude, get Solarcaine spray. It's $8 at every CVS and Walgreens. Essentially it's spray-on Aloe Vera with a mild pain reliever in it. It's much easier than rubbing in lotion or oiling up in coconut oil. The spray helps so you can self-apply.

Also, Congrats on setting the record for highest ratio of rep points to total posts.

Sunburn Remedies

I've only tried it once, and it was 8+ years ago, but it stuck with me since because it worked so well - make a pot of black tea, get a towel/rag/whatever and soak the sunburned areas with the black tea. Worked miracles, and living in Florida I've seen many sunburn treatments.

Sunburn Remedies

Take astaxanthin to prevent future sunburns: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-24769.html

I think it works if you're going to be in the sun for an hour or less - which is just fine for people like me who can burn easily and are frequently in the sun for a half hour here and there. If I'll be out for more time, I'll use sunscreen.

Also see http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-natural...e-of-them/ - eat tomatoes, astaxanthin, saturated fats, fatty wild fish. Avoid vegetable and seed oils.

Sunburn Remedies

I would recommend something along these lines: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a...tid=184130

It has lidocaine & menthol in it which will numb it and relieve the pain. Also, it contains Aloe Vera which will help sooth the burn.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Sunburn Remedies

I feel like such a moron. My burn has gotten worse and it's itching so much right now that I can't even put clothes on to go to work. Just took more advil, and benadryl for the itching. I'm rubbing on every kind of aloe and lidocaine there is. Fuck.

Sunburn Remedies

Quote: (06-30-2014 04:45 AM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Your Casper skin cannot handle the intense rays of SoCal.

Wear SPF before getting in the sun.

His skin can't handle the sun because he's never exposed to the sun. Start by going out in the sun shirtless for 15 minutes. Do this every day, increasing by a few minutes daily.

I started out white as can be, and now I can stay out in the sun all day long, just as we were intended to be.

Sunburn Remedies

"I feel like such a moron. My burn has gotten worse and it's itching so much right now that I can't even put clothes on to go to work. Just took more advil, and benadryl for the itching. I'm rubbing on every kind of aloe and lidocaine there is. Fuck."

[Image: laugh5.gif]

Sunburn Remedies

Vitamins E and C, aloe leaves, and an ice bath helped me last summer when I got fried.