rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another Blog Concieved--Due Next Week: Thoughts?

I am going to make the foray into blogging. It is going to be manospheresque in its content but I’m going to come at it with a unique perspective.

I started studying game about four years ago and it changed my life drastically. I went from a guy who primarily got laid through school/work and social circles—was terrified to make a cold approach and suffered from social anxiety—to someone who gets now gets a ONS on the regular, loves daygame, and can get laid in a new city within a few days.

I travel a lot and game in every new city I am in—and with all the work I put into it I am proud of my success. I’m based out of NYC and this summer I will be travelling to New Orleans and Mexico…will spend a month in Mexico exploring its nature and women...I'm sure this will inspire lots of interesting content to start off with.

Applying manosphere tenants even transferred over to my career—where now I can work less, have more responsibility, make money off of side projects and have tons of time to travel.

So since the game has had such a positive effect on my life, the blog is going to be about celebrating the good things that come along with following the advice in the manosphere.

I’m also going to include a section with pics of girls that I daygame with my camera: that thread was opened up yesterday in the game section. Will include snippets and reports on how I gamed/dated/banged the girl.

There will be plenty of stories of ONS, threesomes, and good times but there will be practical advice on how to make these things happen. I also am going to write a lot about the inner, spiritual game that I wish was covered on more sites. There are lots of ways to boost your inner self and they always make my game stronger.

I’m going to stay away from the feminism and cultural issues/problems/solutions because they honestly don’t affect my life—any girl who brings that shit up is usually ugly and I enjoy keeping my finger on the pulse of America. The site is going to breathe encouragement and celebrate the positive aspects of applying manosphere advice.

Hopefully the writing will provide encouragement to younger guys and entertainment to the seasoned vets.

Anyone have any advice/thoughts/inspiration?

Would read, sounds cool as hell.

From your recent posts I've seen I have no doubt it would provide both encouragement and entertainment for many of us. Looking forward to seeing it.

Couple thoughts:

-Be consistent. There's tons of blogs that start off with good intentions and fall to the wayside because there's no clear posting schedule. I update my blog Mon-Fri with at least 5 posts a week. While I'm insane and that's not the norm, you should be posting once a week if you want to build an audience.

-Find your voice and writing style. This takes time, but the more unique your style, the easier it is for you to build an audience.

-Piggyback on a successful blog to build readers quickly. Guest post on a popular blog and ask to link to your blog at the bottom. This will boost your traffic like a mofo and help you get a jumpstart.

Good luck!

I think the most important aspect I look for when deciding whether or not to follow a blog is the author's writing style. That's why I follow popular Manosphere bloggers like Rollo, Heartiste, and D&P; their writing is profound, concise, and entertaining.

Not trying to sound like a dick but what are you going to be offering that's not already covered by the vast amount of other Manosphere bloggers? 90% of Manosphere authors—or the ones that try to be, at least—tend to publish practically the same articles.. they're all just rehashed with bits of information added here and there with no valuable insight that you can't learn from elsewhere.

Quote: (06-29-2014 05:44 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

-Find your voice and writing style. This takes time, but the more unique your style, the easier it is for you to build an audience.
Whenever I read a post by you on ROK all it takes is the first sentence before I realise "oh McQueen wrote this".

Where in Mexico are you going?

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (06-29-2014 05:44 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

I update my blog Mon-Fri with at least 5 posts a week. While I'm insane and that's not the norm, you should be posting once a week if you want to build an audience.

I was wondering how you were keeping up the pace, either you hired some ghost writers or you're ODing on scotch and quaaludes. Awesome job either way.

I post once a week on my blog, that's the most I have energy for at this time. You'll find times where you just come across writers block.

If you come across a well of inspiration, ride the fuck out of it, write a whole fucking bunch of articles and just schedule them to be published in advance.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

No ghost writers. I don't think I could even find other writers (who don't already have a blog) to write the content I produce.

It's mainly chalked up to having a shit ton of info in my head and I'm finally getting it out.

I also write fast and rarely proofread. That's why I have frequent typos. [Image: lol.gif]

Thanks for the advice McQueen. I plan on doing a post every Mon, Wed, Fri...and am sticking to that schedule. Going to treat this like a job.

ethic--I believe that everything there has to be said about game has already been said. My focus will be sharing stories/experiences on how the principles work...its a celebration! And I'm focused now on spiritual growth...which is helping my game exponentially. There is not much writing on that.

Tengen--will keep that in mind. Nature, beautiful women, and weird experiences inspire me the most right now.

I'm going to be in Oaxaca and Puerto Escondito for a month. Some places in between as well.

Do you have twitter? If not, please use it to advertise blog posts and any other thoughts.

Never had a twitter, but I created an account that will go active once I have the site up.

It can't be that hard, right?

Hit me up for any mexican related advice.

Ill be in southern Mexico during the whole of July.

Quote: (06-30-2014 04:15 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

Never had a twitter, but I created an account that will go active once I have the site up.

It can't be that hard, right?

It's easy, depending on your blog service, you can get plugins to automatically post links on twitter to your new posts

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Yeah, its wordpress based so I plan on using the twitter plugin.

germanico...we need to meet up this time.

I'm willing to travel.

Use the Social plugin by Crowd Favourite along with Twitter Tools, its better than the twitter plugin

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I'm quite curions about the economics of blogging. Does anyone make any money doing this? If so, where does the money come from and what could a "successful blog" owner expect to make? Assuming the content is good, how long would it take for someone to see checks showing up?

(I have genuine curiosity about this and hope this is on topic with respect to the "starting a new blog" topic of this thread.)

Quote: (07-02-2014 05:21 PM)anonymous123 Wrote:  

I'm quite curions about the economics of blogging. Does anyone make any money doing this? If so, where does the money come from and what could a "successful blog" owner expect to make? Assuming the content is good, how long would it take for someone to see checks showing up?

(I have genuine curiosity about this and hope this is on topic with respect to the "starting a new blog" topic of this thread.)

Mike from D&P has a nice post on this. You should definitely check them out too, Goldmund.

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/06/30/...ique-blog/
http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/07/02/...ll-ebooks/

I read Matt Forneys book "Confessions of an Online Hustler". Probably the best resource for anyone looking to start out blogging.

From what I thought before, and solidified after reading Confessions, the only way I would make money from the site is book sales.

And I plan on having a book out come the end of summer.

But of course, I don't expect much from this and the goal isn't to make money. This is a platform for my writing, and the fire has been growing out of control these past few months...this needs to happen.

I'm looking forward to this, Goldmund; you've been giving lots of good advice and inspiration to daygame on the forum. Interested in reading your discoveries + progress.

Quote: (07-02-2014 09:59 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

I read Matt Forneys book "Confessions of an Online Hustler". Probably the best resource for anyone looking to start out blogging.

I second this advice. I just read Forney's book as well and it was a great primer for anyone looking to get into blogging and attempting to make some money from it. He gets into the important details like whether to use Blogger or Wordpress, which hosting service to use, which Wordpress plug-ins to use, which widgets to use, etc, etc.

You have to be consistent, cant disappear for a couple weeks and then come back. You need to develop a Pavlovian response within your readers (every Monday you post & every Monday they check your site for the new post). It also has to be well-written of course.

Mike from Danger & Play also just recently did a great post on this: http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/06/30/...ique-blog/

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Given your photography chops, I'm expecting an in depth photo essay on purging.

Quote: (07-03-2014 08:13 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Given your photography chops, I'm expecting an in depth photo essay on purging.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

It would be dedicated to you of course, with extra cayenne.

Thanks all for the help so far...I will go live tomorrow evening, one more thing though please.

At the risk of sounding like a grandpa: how the fuck do I make twitter effective?

I set up an account that links to my site, and started following about 20 or so manosphere guys.

When I start tweeting, my first tweet will be about the site release.

Also...one of my articles will name drop Christian McQueen and have a link to one of his articles...how do I let him know via twitter?

Thanks.

If you are going to be a manosphere blogger my best advice is to stop reading all other manosphere blogs. Your thoughts and voice should come from you. Many parts of the manosphere, like all subcultures, becomes an inbred circle jerk. Put yourself above that and let everything stem from your own system.

Quote: (07-02-2014 09:59 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

From what I thought before, and solidified after reading Confessions, the only way I would make money from the site is book sales.

And I plan on having a book out come the end of summer.

But of course, I don't expect much from this and the goal isn't to make money. This is a platform for my writing, and the fire has been growing out of control these past few months...this needs to happen.

I'm a copywriter and freelance article writer, and though my "official" blog is mostly for fun, I've spent the past three years building my writing business and a few websites from scratch, so lots of time invested in online marketing. Plenty of good info in those D&P posts linked by game-ethic, just a few things to add:

1) Your idealism regarding making money (or not, as the case may be) is admirable, but if you're dropping valuable knowledge all the time, or entertaining stories, or anything else that people might value, it'd be a crime to leave cash on the table. Not to mention that if you can sell info products related to the site for a decent amount of cash, it improves your authority in your field, and (trust me) will give you a much higher sense of "worth" in your writing. And you could build up to writing/blogging full-time someday--there's nothing quite like being able to support yourself with your writing, especially if you're passionate about it.

2) Make sure you start an email list. While Mike over at D&P doesn't seem to like using his list to market products, if you have an email newsletter with a decent subscription, you can make some cash from selling ads and making affiliate deals with guys who have similar products. Mike may think this is "spamming" your list, but if you're selective, believe in the products you're advertising and think they'd actually help your community, then it's really win-win for everyone.

3) To that end, come up with a free report of some value that you can give out to folks in exchange for signing up for your email list. Ideally, you'd drop some cash on getting a professionally-designed "cover" for it, and a proper squeeze page to maximize sign-ups. Make it related to the blog, about 12-18 pages in length, and (this one's important) ACTUALLY VALUABLE to your audience. Not only are you inducing folks to sign up for your list, but you're essentially auditioning your other info products here--you want to get the reader thinking "wow, if this is what he's giving away for free, then the stuff you have to pay for must be REALLY valuable..."

4) Even with a huge site readership, you're not going to make much cash with a single product, unless you jack up the price and provide commensurate value. Essentially, you want to have a bunch of different products out there so that you have multiple streams of revenue, and aren't overly-reliant on a single source. It's the old "a bunch of hoses trickling into a bucket will eventually fill it" theory of income. As you build your readership and online presence, start paying attention to what kinds of questions get asked frequently. Determine what kinds of problems your readers have, and educate yourself about potential solutions. Like the late, great Gary Halbert said, the most important thing when selling hamburgers isn't flashy graphics or even brilliantly-written sales copy--it's a hungry crowd. Plenty of guys who read stuff in the manosphere are hungry--STARVING even. Now you need to find what they're hungry for. Even if you don't want to sell a ton of stuff, your content will be all the better for it.

Could write all day about this stuff--the site sounds great, Goldmund. Will definitely check it out once it's up. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about specifics--love helping out fellow RVFers in their endeavors.

-Vigo