rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

25 year old tries to go on 100 dates for "empowerment" reasons
5 year old tries to go on 100 dates for "empowerment" reasons
https://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/woman-s...24325.html

Quote:Quote:

When 25-year-old Elise Moreno graduated from college and moved back to her hometown of San Francisco recently, she came to two realizations: First, she'd spent years as a "serial monogamist," jumping from long-term relationship to long-term relationship without doing any casual dating in between. And second, she was unfamiliar with what it was like to live in San Francisco as an adult. So she decided to tackle both of those deficiencies at once by launching 100 Dates of Summer, a project where she goes on dates with guys and explores new parts of town at the same time.

For Moreno, who has her 30th date scheduled this week since beginning a little over a month ago, the project has been a mix of fun, surprise, and empowerment. "I struggled with depression for a long time," the graphic designer tells Yahoo Shine. "Once you get out of the house, you can have fun and have a good experience and meet people." Moreno describes her childhood as lonely: She was overweight and struggled with her self-esteem. And, sadly, some of the hurtful comments came from within her own family.

"My uncles would tell me, 'You shouldn't be eating that,' she recounts. "Or my grandfather, who passed away recently, told me I could be a model if I lost 10 pounds." And, as a kid, her father told her that overweight women had trouble getting dates and made her "run off" her weight. "In the long run I am thankful for it but at the time it was really hurtful," she says, adding that the comments exacerbated her struggles with body image and acceptance.

Thanks to a post-graduation trip to the Netherlands (where she went on six dates, including one to the Van Gogh Museum) and a newfound zest for dating and meeting new people, Moreno is more self-assured than she's ever been. "I've changed already so much. It's been incredible. My confidence level has just skyrocketed. I can walk into a room and not look down at the floor. I have gone on dates with incredible guys who I never thought I would have the courage to approach."

And while many of the dates have been positive, with some leading to second dates and Moreno writing follow-up posts on her blog, she has also learned from more negative experiences. On one date, during which a guy got drunk and ignored her, she called him out on his behavior instead of blaming herself. "Women shouldn't have to put up with bulls--- like that," she says.

In addition to dating, Moreno is finding other avenues for improving her self-esteem. She cites women like Mindy Kaling and Tina Fey as influences and loves how Lena Dunham is famously unafraid to show off her non-supermodel body on the show "Girls." And there's one celebrity she'd love to make one of her 100 dates: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whose movie "(500) Days of Summer" was the inspiration for her blog's name.

"I'm definitely not trying to find 'The One,'" Moreno says. "I'm trying to meet a lot of people and reintroduce [myself] to my city." In the meantime, though, she's definitely finding herself.

[Image: 2SfPvrPl.jpg]

She's a professional time waster and it's not unusual to encounter women that try to do things like this especially on the west coast. I'm willing to bet that much of her "dates" were financed by the men. This is pretty similar to the arrogant bitch who made a blog about mooching meals off of blue pill guys. Sounds like the drunk guy figured her out during the date and decided she was a waste of time early on.

It's not surprising to see what her media role models are, it's just so predictable. There's not an original thought coming from this simpleton. She's just like every other cookie cutter narcissistic middle class American girl.

edit: Ugly piercing. Unappealing bland face with glasses. Vapid personality. WNB. Might allow her to blow me though for laughs.
Her photo reminds me of our high school football photos. No one would ever have an expression. Just nothing. Like this bitch. Only, we were trying not to look soft.

With her short hair I bet this deranged cunt is trying to look tough. Or at the very least not feminine.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. How is it all these sluts are "depressed?" They would be suicidal if they had to spend one day in the shoes of an average guy.
5/10 WNB. If she took the piercing out and grew out her hair, would probably go up to a 6/10 WB. That is assuming she is not fat at all. It looks like she is just a hipster.
[Image: 10440991_10152500766241789_1328126304619507791_n.jpg]

On that note I'm so fuckin happy I moved from San Francisco to LA.
^ That can get 100 dates? What's wrong with guys?
WB the girl next to that...uhm...thing.
She can go through 1000 lays in 1 year, that is the power of pussy in our times an the truth about the SMP - sexual market place! Even a 5,5 can do better then a level-10-Player.

Of course their crucial point is getting a commitment from a high-level guy and that is a completely different story.
Quote: (06-28-2014 02:56 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

San Francisco must be poossy hell if that can get 100 dates indeed...
Quote: (06-28-2014 02:49 AM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

After further consideration i'm going to have to retract my BJ statement. I don't think I could get it up for that at all.
Most guys are pathetic that's what's wrong.
Can you blame the dude that got drunk and ignored her?
Quote: (06-28-2014 02:56 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

OKC changed. Only the desperate use that site now. The non-desperate who want to do some online dating use Tinder.
Then she said women shouldn't have to put up with that bullshit. Holy shit.
I screen out time waster chicks like this by having them drive to my part of town for a date, and just proposing drinks.

"Of course their crucial point is getting a commitment from a high-level guy and that is a completely different story."

Nah things are so bad these girls can get commitment from okay dudes too. Denying that is just [Image: malehamster.gif].
The comments are heartening:

25 upvotes-

But I remember back when she was asking people to donate and fund the project. WHAT? Seriously why should anyone fund anyone else to go on dates? Just because she has self-esteem issues? Anyone can claim self-esteem issue and ask people to pay for their dates. Also, families and relatives totally have the right to verbalize their concern for a child's health-- whether they are overweight or underweight. Telling someone they should lose or gain weight is not always a diss! It's good for people to explore and learn what is good for themselves and how to stand up for themselves... but asking for funds and supports? come on...

43 votes-

Without the goal of actually finding someone to be with, seems to me she's just using 100 fellas. And if some dude really likes her? Sorry, pal. You're good enough to pay for the meal and make her less depressed, but she's on to the next. No hard feelings, eh?

If these gents understand they have zero chance from the get-go, then it isn't really a date, either. She's a proper villain, this one.

^ Note the standard 'performed' expression of the dismissive-avoidant millennial, rather than genuinely-smiling like a goddamn normal human being whenever there's a camera around.

Boring chick with obvious issues, boring idea for a blog. I'm utterly-confused how this generation can be so self-obsessed yet always choose delusional and narcissistic empowerment over true introspection that enables connection with others.

Given the stench of self-satisfied smug coming off the original photo, I'm guessing she is avoidant, and this is all a plausible-deniability smokescreen for meeting a guy. If it doesn't work out - well, that's obviously what she intended all along.

All this four years out from the wall...
[Image: Skull+copy.jpg]

"Or my grandfather, who passed away recently, told me I could be a model if I lost 10 pounds."

[Image: laugh6.gif]

[Image: laugh5.gif]

[Image: jordan.gif]

[Image: laugh7.gif]

[Image: laugh2.gif]
[Image: tumblr_n73z8n83TS1tctg8po1_1280.jpg]
Put her name in the title of this thread so it shows up on google.
Name and shame this behaviour.
delete
[Image: mip9j.jpg]
Quote: (06-28-2014 03:27 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

I screen out time waster chicks like this by having them drive to my part of town for a date, and just proposing drinks.

"Of course their crucial point is getting a commitment from a high-level guy and that is a completely different story."

Nah things are so bad these girls can get commitment from okay dudes too. Denying that is just [Image: malehamster.gif].

Shit must have been hitting the fan dating-wise in the US - spent too much time in Eastern Europe to appreciate it. That's why I love the beneficial demographics here.

On the other hand she will likely have mile-high expectations because some High Level Players fucked her, so the OK-dudes won't cut it for her.
Quote: (06-28-2014 04:28 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Shit must have been hitting the fan dating-wise in the US - spent too much time in Eastern Europe to appreciate it. That's why I love the beneficial demographics here.

It also amazes me what American men put up with these days. From abroad it looks ten times more pathetic.

Then again I see how many blue pill guys I come across in SEA doing the whole backpacking thing with their dumpy fat girlfriends when there is so much fine local talent around. A lot of guys just bring it on themselves.

There's no doubt that millenial guys are going to have it hard though. With the tightening economy it's going to be near impossible for them to even have the funds to travel abroad for any length of time. They may never get a glimpse of what a real woman is like.
Quote: (06-28-2014 03:37 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

^ Note the standard 'performed' expression of the dismissive-avoidant millennial, rather than genuinely-smiling like a goddamn normal human being whenever there's a camera around.

Boring chick with obvious issues, boring idea for a blog. I'm utterly-confused how this generation can be so self-obsessed yet always choose delusional and narcissistic empowerment over true introspection that enables connection with others.

Given the stench of self-satisfied smug coming off the original photo, I'm guessing she is avoidant, and this is all a plausible-deniability smokescreen for meeting a guy. If it doesn't work out - well, that's obviously what she intended all along.

All this four years out from the wall...

It hadn't occurred to me before you said that, but almost no one I know (I'm 17) actually smiles in photos. Everyone does some stupid face, (rape face, cross eyed, triple chinned etc), and they think its outgoing, but its really just that they're too insecure to actually be judged fairly on their looks.

I mean, if you're wearing makeup/ dressed well, you obviously want to be thought of as attractive, so why delude yourself and do an ugly pose?