rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to do a first date or lunch when you are BROKE?

So, at the job I was working outdoors, this girl came by and saw me last week, we had a friendly conversation, but there were no indicators of interest (no disinterest either though). Today she saw me again and she remembered my face and we had another tiny conversation. She had to run to work, but she came back during her lunch, she must've misunderstood me and thought that we would go for lunch together, but I was busy at my job, so she went on her way, I wrote down my number though and she said she'd look for me tomorrow.

I HAVE NO MONEY though. I am waiting on checks to come in. I am broke in my wallet and in my bank account (due to recent heavy expenses), so if she comes back tomorrow and asks me to go to lunch with her, should I just opt of lunch, keep working, and tell her to bring me something to eat, OR should I scrounge up some bucks and hope to be headed somewhere with her for the cheapest option possible (I'm in NYC), OR should I just tell her I have no money?

I have BEEN out of the game, and I already have a serious long-term girlfriend that I live with, so I don't want to waste my time if it won't lead to anything quick. If she asks about my relationship, I'll tell her I have a girl but we are experiencing problems. What would you guys do?

I know you'll probably say to get my finances up and get my confidence up, but I don't have patience for that now, and we've already met, you know.

P.S.- This is def. not a troll thread

NYC. Dollar-pizza. Walk around then go to a free party with some snuck-in booze, or other NYC shit.

I don't even live there, but know of thousands of things to do for free in NYC. Message me id you want some help/recommendations.

Pack a lunch and she can eat whatever she buys/brings. Youre at work, brown baggin' it isn't unheard of.

Steer clear of discussing your relationship, but if she persists keep it ambiguous. I wouldn't say "experiencing problems" more like "dating but nothing serious."

I do have something serious though, Im more or less married. Does telling her my girl has been giving me problems (only if she asks) make it too much of an issue. Maybe she'll understand why I'm still out on the field even though I have something at home.

I need to just let her talk about herself. She is Japanese by the way and working in NYC probably on a work visa.

1) Use the search feature, this has been covered in many forms.

2) You're the man, you should be leading. You gave us a list of your options based on her preferences, which is backwards. If you don't want to go to lunch, it's as simple as saying something like "I already ate, lets go for a walk instead" or "why don't you grab something quick and come meet me back here". Bottom line, you have to direct the action, and there's no need to reveal that you're broke at the same time.

3) You're already over thinking shit with your GF. It's rare that new girls ask about other women that specifically, that quickly, but if she does, all you need to say is "It's complicated" or "I don't wanna involve you with any drama, I'd rather not talk about it". This also works since it leaves some mystery too which intrigues most girls.

Quote: (06-27-2014 10:05 PM)Mr.GoodThread Wrote:  

I do have something serious though, Im more or less married. Does telling her my girl has been giving me problems (only if she asks) make it too much of an issue. Maybe she'll understand why I'm still out on the field even though I have something at home.

I need to just let her talk about herself. She is Japanese by the way and working in NYC probably on a work visa.

WTF? Married?

Depending on your age and style you can be upfront, say you don't have much money, but would like to spend time with her. Go for a walk, cook at home, go to museums for free, let her pay.

Never forget that women are perfectly willing to fuck a guy on a dirty mattress in a derelict house, as long as he gives her plenty of 'gina tingles. That is the difference between lover and provider.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-34867.html

I wrote about this before.

Most of my bangs cost a cup of coffee and maybe a home cooked dinner (which I would be cooking anyway).

Its summertime!

Beach. Park. Outdoor concert. Mountainside/cliff. Walk through interesting part of town. Art exhibition. Music store and play some instruments.

This is the best season for broke people.