rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No cell phone

No cell phone

Does anyone go without a cell phone?

I have never liked cell phones: the idea of being trackable and always reachable, plus radiation concerns. However, I have recently begun to realize how difficult it is to arrange anything socially these days without a phone now that I want to be more social. I have also probably missed out on a lot by not having one. Facebook and email sort of work, but require a lot of preplanning. However, I am trying to stop using facebook because it sucks up way too much time.

I suspect that without a cell phone, game for any reason (ONS >>> LTR) would require same day action, or perhaps emails could work. I do have a Skype phone number, but that does not have texting and is stuck wherever my computer is.

(inb4thisisthe21stcentury)

No cell phone

If you can't communicate with a girl, you aren't getting with them. If your resistance to cell phone use makes things more inconvenient for a girl, they'll skip you all together. If anything, they'll see it as extremely weird. While I can understand your interest in ditching being connected to the cloud, life just doesn't work that well without it.

No cell phone

Mormon game recognized.

No cell phone

Would be interesting to see some substantial answers to his concerns at least.

Cell phones are indeed shown to be dangerous and some say we can expect high rates of cancer in the future (are these claims even true?) and constantly being wired into the system and trackable has some real downfalls as well, especially if you've ever had to fear for your life from people worth fearing, which I admit is probably not a common experience.

Anyone with constructive ideas on gaming without a cell phone or with as little time on that phone as possible? Surely a bunch of "red pill" guys who don't let society dictate their thoughts and behaviors can be more creative than this. Are we just supposed to throw out our own legitimate concerns so we can be part of a woman's world - after all, if you get enough girls or have been with enough girls, surely you can take a dip in numbers to live life on your own terms...

One idea would be to leave the phone at home always and only use it to set up your date and be done. Plus side to this is you would never come across as overbearing in your texts and would naturally seem aloof. You could stick with texting so you're very rarely putting the phone to your head anyways, and since you're not holding it in your pocket, it doesn't affect your sperm count either.

Could be a hassle, and I've lost bangs just not having a smartphone, but the health risks certainly make the possiblities worth serious discussion.

I had a buddy a while back (admittedly, this was 6 or 7 years ago), who refused to use a cell and he still got tons of ass. Cell phones were already the rave by this time. He's one of the better players I've known.

He's broken down since but is still pretty unreachable. I think the key would be that you're the type of person who is always out and about and you stick to a certain area, venues, or social circles so that you repeatedly bump into the same bitches and are easily found on the town. Social circle game would be a good angle for a guy like this - you just stay in good touch with a few "connectors" who always know what's going on.

If a chick digs you, knows you don't do cells, and has seen you around a certain venue I guarantee she'd go there to seek you out, and your strange phone thing makes you more mysterious and unobtainable to her. Let's face it - there's no competing with her social circle and social media addiction anyways, and you've got to really lay her out when you first meet or her or offer something different to make your mark. Does being available 24/7 really make all that much of a difference if you shouldn't be constantly contacting her anyways?

It would take time to gain momentum, but I think it could be done. Also, if you had a house phone, you can easily just pick up the phone and dial her to set up a date. Let her know when you meet that you have a thing about calls and that she should expect a real live phone call for once. Be playful and smart-ass about it and make it your thing.

So you lose bangs but you save your health and you lock down women that are willing to work with your terms. You live more in the moment, and the women you're around likely use their phones less around you because they know what you're about. You become the "I live in the moment, I prefer real life" guy. And you say "I told you so" when brain cancer explodes in the general population...

A bit weird to some people? maybe. Ideal? Is anything? It wouldn't be so bad as to wipe it off the map of considered possibilities.

Just a few of my thoughts.

Hell, I might try to pull it off here in Asia (at least the leave the cell at home version), and if it turns out I can do it here, you can do it anywhere.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

No cell phone

Quote: (06-20-2014 11:48 PM)mbare Wrote:  

Mormon game recognized.
Would you believe I dont drink alcohol or coffee?

Quote: (06-21-2014 12:01 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Good post. It definitely makes me a bit mysterious and harder to pin down. Also, it helps create conversation/teasing both ways. Some people admire and respect it; others get annoyed (usually close girl friends and girls who have been interested—they get really insistent). If a girl is interested, she knows she has to make it clear and secure a response asap. I do have a "home phone", so it could be done that way. Most of my arrangements have been by regular phone or Facebook. It definitely can work, but I still half-dread saying "I dont have a cell phone."

But its me first, and I prefer not having one.

No cell phone

Quote: (06-21-2014 12:27 AM)zaqan Wrote:  

Mormon game recognized.

Good post. It definitely makes me a bit mysterious and harder to pin down. Also, it helps create conversation/teasing both ways. Some people admire and respect it; others get annoyed (usually close girl friends and girls who have been interested—they get really insistent). If a girl is interested, she knows she has to make it clear and secure a response asap. I do have a "home phone", so it could be done that way. Most of my arrangements have been by regular phone or Facebook. It definitely can work, but I still half-dread saying "I dont have a cell phone."

But its me first, and I prefer not having one.

OP,

I do hope you realize I was having a bit of fun [Image: biggrin.gif]

I think Beyond Borders nailed it.

My own 2 cents is to not "half-dread" anything. If that's what you prefer and want to do, then own it to its fullest. It at least sounds like you've accepted that in 2014 some may be annoyed or find it strange. It could be a bit of contrary game at it's best, considering most people have a cell phone.

Are you opposed to smart phones only or all cell phones? It sounds like you have some technology, i.e. a computer for facebook. What exactly is it that makes you not want to have a cell phone?

I'll add that I'm not too far behind you in a way. I didn't see the need for a cell for a long time and only used calling cards/pay phones when away from home. I was 21 before I had one (31 now). I had flip or slide phone without internet up until about 1 year ago. I didn't see the need for internet on a phone.

As Beyond said, social circle stuff will be where it's at, and living in an area like a downtown, around lots of things will obviously be helpful in meeting girls. And if a girl asks you why you don't have one, you can always point to a group of people sitting around not talking to each other, heads down engrossed in their smart phone, and say "them" with a smile.

I'm not sure if there's a thread or writeup about gaming without a phone, but maybe that could be a good one to start documenting on your end for a later post.

Cheers,
M'bare

No cell phone

Mormon game recognized.

Cool. Did you ever? Where do you meet women usually?

I could see it being doubly difficult for you given that you've already got this contrary characteristic about you.

Quote:Quote:

Good post. It definitely makes me a bit mysterious and harder to pin down. Also, it helps create conversation/teasing both ways. Some people admire and respect it; others get annoyed (usually close girl friends and girls who have been interested—they get really insistent).

I sense they may be getting annoyed but that it's an annoyance that's largely working in your favor.

It's kind of like this. I come across as an extremely outgoing guy with people when I first meet them but I need my alone time and can be really introverted. I disappear to my room for days and then come out and am a madman for a few days before disappearing again.

I may not be the best closer outside of the bar (I honestly just don't have the patience), but once a woman is inside my sphere and has spent some time she gets extremely hooked. After a first few great days together, I withdraw a little bit, she tries to get closer, and I pull further away. When I spend time with a girl, I'm really engaged, but then I need to crawl back into my hole for reading and writing, etc. After one day, I want a day off.

This ends up driving women crazy, and my relationships usually become one long bout of them constantly chasing me as I just continue making my on and off pattern, holding them at arm's length and making no excuses for the way I choose to spend my time. This pattern essentially has women I dated 10 years ago so hooked they still get in touch and try to rekindle the past. Without exception.

Are they annoyed when they're dating me? They sure as shit are. they bitch and it causes fights here and there. But they're just annoyed that they can't get what they think they want, which is my immediate attention and validation.

This is the same kind of annoyance I think your friends and lovers are experiencing with your phone. Essentially, it grates people a little bit and may even be a handicap at times when you're first getting to know people - just like an introverted nature can be - but over time, it makes people invest in you more than you're investing in them. It's a dirty game on some of levels, even if you're not trying to make it a game, but you win each and every time.

The phone part of this is largely theory, aside from observing how it went with my buddy and his experience doing it, but I think it rings true. Hell, I even found myself chasing after the dude at times, and even though I got a little annoyed when I couldn't get in touch, by the time he got to me, I made sure to be available because I knew I wouldn't be able to just hit him back later easily.

And I'm a dude. So I can only imagine how the wheels would start spinning on a chick that was interested in him...

This is the approach and mentality I would adopt. I just think you need to own it more and not feel apologetic about it - while trying not to use it to manipulate people too much purposely because they will start to resent you. You may have to make that extra effort ocaissionally to be available for people and go out of your way to initiate spending time with them.

I also really think the point I made about having to be really social and out and about all the time is extra important. If you're already somewhat of a recluse and try the no phone thing without the extra effort to put yourself out there, I could see it murdering your social life completely. After all, you can't sit around waiting for calls if you're hard to reach...

In the beginning, you will need to make more of an effort to initiate contact with people, find out where the party's at, etc (then again, you don't drink so there's that).

Anyways, this has been a cool exercise in thought. I think I'll be trying to lean more this direction and actually made a point to leave the phone in today.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

No cell phone

I think the more tools a player has is a good thing, but being too available to everyone not just girls can hurt you in the long run.
This sounds like something all newbies should do to start off. If they don't have a phone to stare at they they'll have to approach girls instead of sitting back.

Many years ago i was unable to afford a cellphone, but i still went out a slayed pussy.
I was getting ONS mainly because there as no safety net if the interaction went south and i wanted to try a hail mary. There was nothing i could do. Best feeling in the world.

If she asks why you don't have a phone that night tell her you lost it on the way to the club but you aren't letting it ruin your night.

After you bang her and want to see her again, just facebook close her. This facebook would only have like 5 of your best pics barely and any personal info.

To be honest this sounds like fun for me.

No cell phone

^ I agree. Especially now that my Facebook is aloof as fuck with no photos anymore.

This could be like a double whammy to some bitches.

Like wtf is this guy's trip. haha

Beyond All Seas

No cell phone

I don't think that having no cell phone is going to replicate success in the way it would if you did have one no matter what you supplement with especially if you're a newbie (which is key here).

However, I would think that it would tighten up your game in the long run. As we know, going for the more difficult scenarios or situations get you better a more educational experience.

This just means you have to approach a shit ton more for example like the more experienced cats here said.

No cell phone

I didn't have one in high school. I missed out on getting more numbers and txting in general. But i approached more and was more aggressive with girls because there was no safety net to fall back on.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"- Tyler Durden

No cell phone

Quote: (06-21-2014 01:30 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Mormon game recognized.

Cool. Did you ever? Where do you meet women usually?

I could see it being doubly difficult for you given that you've already got this contrary characteristic about you.

Quote:Quote:

Good post. It definitely makes me a bit mysterious and harder to pin down. Also, it helps create conversation/teasing both ways. Some people admire and respect it; others get annoyed (usually close girl friends and girls who have been interested—they get really insistent).

I sense they may be getting annoyed but that it's an annoyance that's largely working in your favor.

It's kind of like this. I come across as an extremely outgoing guy with people when I first meet them but I need my alone time and can be really introverted. I disappear to my room for days and then come out and am a madman for a few days before disappearing again.

I may not be the best closer outside of the bar (I honestly just don't have the patience), but once a woman is inside my sphere and has spent some time she gets extremely hooked. After a first few great days together, I withdraw a little bit, she tries to get closer, and I pull further away. When I spend time with a girl, I'm really engaged, but then I need to crawl back into my hole for reading and writing, etc. After one day, I want a day off.

This ends up driving women crazy, and my relationships usually become one long bout of them constantly chasing me as I just continue making my on and off pattern, holding them at arm's length and making no excuses for the way I choose to spend my time. This pattern essentially has women I dated 10 years ago so hooked they still get in touch and try to rekindle the past. Without exception.

Are they annoyed when they're dating me? They sure as shit are. they bitch and it causes fights here and there. But they're just annoyed that they can't get what they think they want, which is my immediate attention and validation.

This is the same kind of annoyance I think your friends and lovers are experiencing with your phone. Essentially, it grates people a little bit and may even be a handicap at times when you're first getting to know people - just like an introverted nature can be - but over time, it makes people invest in you more than you're investing in them. It's a dirty game on some of levels, even if you're not trying to make it a game, but you win each and every time.

The phone part of this is largely theory, aside from observing how it went with my buddy and his experience doing it, but I think it rings true. Hell, I even found myself chasing after the dude at times, and even though I got a little annoyed when I couldn't get in touch, by the time he got to me, I made sure to be available because I knew I wouldn't be able to just hit him back later easily.

And I'm a dude. So I can only imagine how the wheels would start spinning on a chick that was interested in him...

This is the approach and mentality I would adopt. I just think you need to own it more and not feel apologetic about it - while trying not to use it to manipulate people too much purposely because they will start to resent you. You may have to make that extra effort ocaissionally to be available for people and go out of your way to initiate spending time with them.

I also really think the point I made about having to be really social and out and about all the time is extra important. If you're already somewhat of a recluse and try the no phone thing without the extra effort to put yourself out there, I could see it murdering your social life completely. After all, you can't sit around waiting for calls if you're hard to reach...

In the beginning, you will need to make more of an effort to initiate contact with people, find out where the party's at, etc (then again, you don't drink so there's that).

Anyways, this has been a cool exercise in thought. I think I'll be trying to lean more this direction and actually made a point to leave the phone in today.

OP, I second what Beyond wrote that I put in bold.

Not to overstate the obvious, but I think your motivation behind not using a cell phone, has a lot to do with how people will react to it. If you're just trying to be a contrarian for the hell of it, then people will probably perceive you as being negative and somewhat of an isolationist.

However, if it's just a way of life for you...well, then that's just you. People will respect that.

Keep us posted. I don't know of anyone who has no cell phone at all. I'm curious to see how this turns out for you.

p.s. I guess Amish game would have been more appropriate than Mormon, but I digress.

No cell phone

If all you care about are one night stands and same night bangs, not having a cellular telephone is probably going to be fine. The thing you have to understand, though, is that you're severely limiting yourself by not having a phone. I would say that the majority of girls I have banged have not been same night bangs for the ONS. Sure, I've done it, but unless you're doing something like living in Vegas banging vacationing girls in their hotel rooms all the time, you're probably selling yourself short by not having a telephone. Half of getting laid is just being in the right place at the right time, and that's a lot harder if you don't have a cellphone.

I do sympathize with you about wanting to be disconnected a little. Last summer for a while I had a basic, pay-as-you-go phone, kinda like this. Sure, the gadget wasn't as big a panty dropper, but I could call and text whoever I wanted and it worked fine. If anyone using your shiny new iPhone to pull bitches, you need either need to get some game, or give me a call and tell me how it works, because I've never seen gadgets be able to pull girls.

As for the radiation concerns, the long-term effects of it have still yet to be seen, and I'm no expert, but as long as you don't put your phone under your ballsack I think you should be fine, or at the very least, just as fucked as everyone else. If you need to, carry your phone in your briefcase/backpack during the day, and leave it on your desk rather than in your pocket, at night keep it on the nightstand, etc. I only have my phone in my pocket next to my body for ~4 hours a day, when I'm out in bars without bags, etc. which I think is probably less than most people. I'm not overly concerned about it.

With regards to your 'I don't want to be always reachable', that one is pretty straight forward. I would assume that you don't need to be always reachable for work, because if you did they would give you a phone and tell you that you need to be always reachable. For 'life', remember, you don't have to pick up the phone. You don't need to answer that text. A lot of people in this day and age seem to forget that people have choices in their phone use. If I don't want to take your call, I'm not going to.

Yeah, big brother might be tracking your cell phone, but remember, there's probably also a GPS in your car, your credit card can be fairly easily tracked if you make purchases with any regularity, if you ever take trains of planes that's trackable, so to be 'completely off the grid' in the eyes of uncle sam is extremely difficult in this day and age. That's not to say you shouldn't be angry at the government for spying on its own citizens, but not having a phone because the government is tracking you has far more downside for you than it does for them.

No cell phone

Quote: (06-21-2014 03:30 PM)From Vegas to Tokyo Wrote:  

Last summer for a while I had a basic, pay-as-you-go phone, kinda like this.

All I've ever used is cheap prepaids. I've yet to ever own a smartphone.

This is the one I use in Southeast Asia:

[Image: samsung-flip-phone.jpg]

A lot of girls think it's a bit strange but many have also remarked that it's a "cute" phone. I do think this one in particular actually looks kind of cool, and it's small as hell.

EDIT: damn - how do you resize these images again?

Beyond All Seas

No cell phone

I think this could be a good angle to play. If you frame it right, it could definitely come across as an aloof/MWGTOW lifestyle. You're using your actions to establish that regardless of what is popular, you live your life how you see fit and can subconsciously cue a girl to seek your approval, so long as you come across as being on a higher level rather than just a weirdo who doesn't like cell phones.

No cell phone

You could get a cheap prepaid phone for texting. Keep it at home, check it in the for texts once a day.

No cell phone

Those are utterly ridiculous ideas to not have a phone, but don't make society push you into something you don't want to do.

If you want to go without a cell phone, you have to tighten your game and make it happen the same night.

If your game isn't super strong

Pick your day - Pick Sunday-Thursday, off peak. Girls out drinking on those nights have nothing important to do the next morning.

Pick your time - Has to be at night. She's going to want to go to bed after a night out. Everyone does. Take advantage of the natural cycle of life. Day game resulting in a same day lay requires a lot of time investment.

Pick your place - You've go to go where the girls are. So it mean instead of a pub or a dance club, you might be going to a wine bar, or the bar @ at fancy restaurant, or a hotel

Pick your target -
- is she making eye contact with you
- if she coming within striking distance
- getting crazy early in the night, first one on the dance floor, really out to have fun

In the mean time, eat right, work out, dress well, and be generally social. Working on the passive parts of your game will make the active parts stronger.

Then you do what you need to do. There are no phones necessary.

This ain't rocket science.

WIA

No cell phone

Quote: (06-22-2014 10:52 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Those are utterly ridiculous ideas to not have a phone, but don't make society push you into something you don't want to do.

While, we're on the subject, why are they ridiculous?

Do you think the cancer concerns are completely overblown? I do remember coming across some research that keeping a phone in your pocket severely lowers sperm count and that can't be a good sign. I'm not sure what the existing research implies about cancer, though it probably hasn't been long enough to tell.

And I'm assuming that you think worrying about tracking capabilities is just paranoia (for some it could be while others may have a legitimate motive to be concerned about that)?

Not challenging you - just curious about why you find these so ridiculous.

I know some people find the very notion of carrying a device that can be used to track you and that might very well cause brain cancer with you 24/7 - just so you can be reached around the clock and distract yourself with social media sites - is utterly ridiculous. I've even hung out on forums where I'd have gotten blasted for your stance rather than the OP's, so sometimes it's all in your paradigms.

For anyone who's worried about privacy, the best way to go is a pager (if you can still find one - hard nowadays) and an anonymous prepaid that you always leave off. Maybe that could be the OP's solution.

Beyond All Seas

No cell phone

Quote: (06-22-2014 11:15 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

While, we're on the subject, why are they ridiculous?

Do you think the cancer concerns are completely overblown?

He's much more likely to get cancer from all the other carcinogens in the environment. And more likely to die from Heart Disease before cancer.

I honestly do not believe he has a healthy fear of radiation.

I'm guessing he's a cheap Luddite that's using the off chance of cancer or lower sperm motility as an excuse.

The trackable and reachable part speaks to general Internet paranoia that is oh so trendy in the game/manosphere corner of the internet.

I'm more than willing to bet OP isn't very checked into our society and culture.

WIA

No cell phone

Pick your day - Pick Sunday-Thursday, off peak. Girls out drinking on those nights have nothing important to do the next morning.

While I agree with your point that Sunday-Thursday chicks might be more DTF, if you're in the wrong places, you often run into girls who do have important things the next morning, ie. the fact that they are gainfully employed and need to be at work the next day.

That being said, you can definitely find pockets of people who work odd hours, esp. people in the industry, on nights off who go out those nights, who don't have things in the morning.

The key to going out 'off-peak' is to avoid the 'after work happy hour' crowd. Those people are just trying to blow off some steam and will go home before midnight alone because they need to be in the office at 9AM and can't stay up fucking all night.

If you're going for the same night bang, figure out where/when everyone in the industry hangs out. Bartenders, waitresses, hostesses, strippers, etc. tend to be disproportionately young, hot, and slutty. Use that to your advantage.

One of my housemates at one point was a waitress, and I would always go out with her and her friends after her shift was up. Does it hurt your job performance going out all the time, esp. if you have work the next day at 9AM? Sure, but you get used to it.

If you really want same night lays, Sunday-Thursday is the only way to do it. Yeah, you might get more people out on Friday and Saturday, but it's often times the amateur hour of nightlife, you have to fight big crowds and long lines if you don't have the place on lock, ridiculous cover fees, and people who come in in packs from out of town.

I've gone months on end going out 4 times a week and never going out Saturday and Sunday.

No cell phone

I used to work in a bank as a teller.

I was supposed to open so many accounts and naturally I would sell them to my customers.

Few of them said that they keep their money in a box because they don't trust banks.

When talking to these people I always realized that they have way bigger problems than a bank screwing them over, like royal social issues.

None came off as particularly in touch with their own world or terribly bright. If they did I would have thought of the statement more highly.

OP seems like the post version of those conversations.

Edit: Not hating at all but OP, are you a spy or in a sensitive enough position in your life or job that this is a legitimate concern? I truly am curious.

No cell phone

Frankly, I just dont really see the pressing need for one. I have a phone at home and people got by perfectly well with that for thousands of years. Now, that is no excuse to be Amish necessarily, but some things just arent enough of a need. How can I be a counterculture Luddite if I implied that I have considered breaking and getting one?

Radiation is a valid concern. There have been numerous studies. The industry doesnt want to talk about it. It hasnt been conclusively studied in the long term, but we may get there one day. Is a few missed vaginas worth cancer? Ill sit here laughing in 40 years when everyone is demented or dead and I am the one guy left.

This thread was meant to be a gathering of those who might go without a phone and how they do it. We can go talk about the pros and cons of cell phones and bank accounts, however that distracts too much from this thread. I like a lot of the answers here. In some respects, you need to aim for same night. In others, you need social circle and serial meetings. But it also can be framed as different and mysterious, provided you show that you are not a complete weirdo. I think having more of a consciousness of how to manipulate this could produce some really good results. For example, the girls that get really frustrated by not being able to contact me because they really want to. As I said, it also puts pressure on them to be clear, forward, and chase.

Related: http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compos...-terrible/