rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you respond if a woman compliments your looks?

How do you respond if a woman tells you that you are either good looking, handsome or attractive? Do you playfully smirk and give her a cocky response such as "flattery will get you nowhere with me?" Or do you just say "thanks," and make no big deal of it? Elsewhere I read that your response should be modest and not sound arrogant, but that seems too boring for today's women. Of course, the tone of the conversation, her attractiveness, and the particular setting all come into play.

If a woman does compliment you on your looks, it's fair to assume that you've got this one in the bag and it's yours not to fuck up? I'm just curious how some of you players would respond. Thanks.

“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”

- George Carlin

'thanks' with a sincere smile on my face. I'm glad she gave me a compliment, especially if it was personal.
it's more of what i don't do. which is give her a compliment back or sputter out thankyou you're so kind and sweet as if it's a rare occurrence to get a compliment from a girl.

Something is wrong here, i think youre coming from the wrong mindset if you're asking questions like 'what is the best response to situation x'. Maybe it's because it's very 'reactionary' and you should be leading the interaction, i don't. But something is off.

Thanks, followed by a joke with a smirk.

ex. Thanks ! It's a tough job, but someones gotta do it. -smirk-

There's lots of responses to be said (i'm sure you'll see them below)

"I know"

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

On the inside you should be like "i'm a handsome mutherfucker of course i look good"
On the outside you say "thx", then open her if you haven't already.

I whip out my cock.

Strike while the iron is hot [Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

"Flattery will get you everywhere"

Quote: (06-20-2014 04:43 PM)birdie num num Wrote:  

How do you respond if a woman tells you that you are either good looking, handsome or attractive? Do you playfully smirk and give her a cocky response such as "flattery will get you nowhere with me?" Or do you just say "thanks," and make no big deal of it? Elsewhere I read that your response should be modest and not sound arrogant, but that seems too boring for today's women. Of course, the tone of the conversation, her attractiveness, and the particular setting all come into play.

If a woman does compliment you on your looks, it's fair to assume that you've got this one in the bag and it's yours not to fuck up? I'm just curious how some of you players would respond. Thanks.

"I'm usually don't put out on the first date..if you were wondering."

"Yeah, I sure as hell hope so after my american psycho daily routine...do you prefer to die by an axe or knife by the way?"
[Image: attachment.jpg19389]   

"Yeah, guess I turned out okay considering I'm inbred as fuck."

Honestly, I'd have to read the situation and girl I'm talking to. Humor as we know is particular to the person using it, and the person listening. In other words, not everyone can pull off dry and it work.

Most of the time though, a "thank you", smile and continuing the conversation is best.

And assuming she's attractive, and you dig her, when it seems right you can give a compliment back. I don't mean going overboard, with "you're the most beautiful girl in the world" bullshit. But a light compliment is money. A combination of being alpha and showing that her beauty doesn't control you, yet knowing when and how to tell her girl she looks on point, will put you a level above.

thanks with a smirk is usually my go to all purpose answer, you cannot really go wrong. that being said there are some instances that can elicit a more witty response like "Its not as easy as it looks, dear" or "glad to know that the eyeliner foundation is finally paying off", with a smirk, but thanks is always a good go-to

Deflect. "Thanks, but you should see my dad. He's the real stunner."

I see compliments as a sort of test. If you are anything but gracious or self-effacing, you run the risk of seeming try-hard.

There are some funny answers above, especially Gringo Chileno's "Flattery will get you everywhere." I tend to stay on the safe side and just say "thanks." Of course you don't respond by saying "Oh, you're so pretty, too" or matching her compliments.

“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”

- George Carlin

"thank you, I like your point of view and I'm not immune to kind words especially when I find them true, continue please.."

It usually gets girls to compliment me more which is cool cause saying something like that out loud is good investment on their part. It's an official appreciation.

"Keep going, this is getting interesting"
or
"You're not bad yourself..."

I would follow it with a half smile and a direct compliment on what you find attractive from her.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"- Tyler Durden

1) You read it as her saying, "Hey I'm interested in you"
2) NEVER EVER DIRECTLY REPLY TO ANYTHING
3) The game is on.
4) She expects you to entertain/attract/arouse her, even though she initiated.

What most newbs/dorks/idiots expect is that when a girl approaches, when a girl compliments, it's only 2 minutes back to your car, and 5 minutes back to your house.

No.

A girl that approaches/compliments is giving you the go ahead to talk to her. She's still going to judge you. Still going to expect you to jump through her hoops and get past her stupid traps.

It's still your job to "sweep her off of her feet" (I.E. run game)
It's your job to turn the tables and make her chase you.

Your job is to flip all of those little things that she does on her head, to call her on her shit, to not only show her that you know what's she's doing, but you do it better, and will always be better.

Capiche? Comprende Muchacho?

At no point do you bring up the fact that she approached you.
Or that she's the one that thought you were cute.

You're basically insulting her. Only a wanton slut, with no respect for herself, does that.
She merely started talking to you.

Girls don't think like we do.

So when she says she likes your belt buckle, you say hello, and then you launch into your game.

You don't acknowledge what she said.
You don't compliment her.
You don't insult her.

You talk to her because she's open.

Her - "Damn WIA, you seem to have been working out"

WIA - "Well someone's having a good time tonight...let's play a game called Marry, Fuck, Kill..."

And for you new jacks lurking in the background, same rule applies when

1. She gives you eye contact (strong interest)
2. She returns your eye contact (reciprocated interest)
3. You see her early in the night, and somehow she crosses your path (proximity)

Too many of you mf'ers want to play the god damn obvious game.

"Wow, you've got really lovely eyes"
"you're so hot, my name is..."

To use another overwrought metaphor, "the game is a dance"

She puts her arm on your shoulder, and you lead her.
You spin her.

She gets to feel marvelous and look fabulous to everyone watching.
Truth be told, you're doing all the work.
You're keeping in rhythm, you're giving her a chance to shake them hips, to throw her hair back.

Yet it looks like you're just standing there, while she's the focus of all the attention. Even she thinks you're a prop.

You have us. You have game. You know better.

WIA