rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vancouver school board gender policy allows “xe” or “xem” in place of “he” or “her”

Vancouver school board gender policy allows “xe” or “xem” in place of “he” or “her”

Another good article from the National Post, Canada's only MSM that uses common sense and calls out bullshit.

Of course when this "trans-inclusive" policy was being debated among school board trustees they locked out the parents against such an initiative from taking part in meetings and discussions but allowed trans activists without children into the meetings to cheer this policy on.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014...he-or-her/

"British Columbia teachers have been at war with the province for more than a decade, and are set to walk out on strike just days before the end of the school year.

Normally I would question the wisdom of a strike that takes place over the summer holidays (who’s going to notice?) and is related to unreasonable pay demands. But not in this case. B.C., it is clear, does not view schools as a place in which children are taught the basic tools necessary to navigate life – math, science, geography – but as petri dishes for social experimentation in which teachers are lab technicians with unwitting children as their mice. You couldn’t pay me enough to do this stuff.

On Monday, the Vancouver School Board approved a policy change aimed at accommodating gender identity and sexual orientation. The motive is admirable enough, to prevent students being singled out, bullied or otherwise discriminated against on the basis of gender. The complexity derives from the board’s determination to allow not just for actual gender, but “perceived” gender, i.e. the gender the student identifies with, as opposed to the gender on their birth certificate. Parents who questioned the change argued, quite reasonably, that six-year-olds aren’t qualified to understand all the intricacies of identity issues. Some of them can’t even use the toilet yet, much less decide which washroom to do it in.

Nonetheless, the school board forged ahead, even deciding to adopt new pronouns for those who would rather pick no gender at all. A last-minute amendment mandated that “xe, xem and xyr” may be used in place of “he/she” or “him/her”. These are “sex-neutral third-person” terms used to repair the failure of the English language to allow for 21st century gender sensitivities. The British long ago began using the term “one” – as in “one does wish for a glass of water” — to get around this problem, but it’s viewed as a bit cold and snooty, and therefore undesirable.

Parents accused school authorities of pushing their own agenda
In addition to new pronouns, the Vancouver board also goes to considerable length to protect “privacy”, including, it would seem, keeping the student’s chosen new gender a secret from his/her or xyr parents. A provision in the policy notes that while the student’s chosen gender identity will “whenever possible” be included in class lists and timetables, “communications between school and home shall use a student’s legal name and the pronoun corresponding to the student’s gender assigned at birth” unless otherwise requested. It’s the student’s right to decide “when, with whom, and how much information to share”. They will also have the right “to dress in a manner consistent with their gender identity or gender expression,” even if that is “not consistent with societal expectations of masculinity/femininity.”

Students will be enabled to choose their preferred washroom, or “a reasonable alternative washroom” if they desire “increased privacy.” In such cases the alternative arrangement “will be provided in a way that protects the students’ ability to keep their trans status confidential.” It is not spelled out how other kids will be kept from reaching the obvious conclusion when students are seen using the “alternative washroom,” but that is one of the many difficulties that arises when school boards try to make hard and fast rules related to anything as amorphous as a young person’s self-image, particularly at a stage in development when identity issues are notoriously fraught and individuals are not at a level of maturity ideal for making such critical judgments.

B.C. teachers will presumably be the ones to add this social minefield to the other developmental issues they are already expected to shoulder on behalf of, or sometimes in spite of, parents (In this case it appears they may be expected to actively keep parents in the dark about a critical element of their child’s growth). Perhaps in recognition of the possibility teachers won’t want to go anywhere near it (many male teachers already fear the risk of inadvertently finding themselves alone in a room with a female student), the policy stipulates that schools must appoint at least one staff person to be a “Safe Contact”. If no one volunteers, a member of the administration will be stuck with it.

The policy was adopted amid much controversy, particularly from parents who accused school authorities of pushing their own agenda with inadequate consultation with parents and medical experts.

“We’re talking about meaningful conversation with parents and the medical and mental health professions. This is not meaningful conversation. This is politics of division, it’s getting people upset and angry,” an angry parent told the CBC. But board members were unmoved, treating parents as a threat to their own children.

“I didn’t realize how much opposition there was out there in our communities to keeping kids safe and included and welcome,” said board chairwoman Patti Bacchus, who declared herself “proud” of the changes.

Schools used to be relatively straightforward operations: you sent your children and they came back with an education. That hasn’t been the case for some years, but the extent to which “progressive” politics has intruded on the actual learning process can’t help but alarm many parents who would prefer to remain free of whatever social preoccupation board members feel the desire to dabble in. Perhaps there is room for a breakaway faction, offering “politics-free” learning for those who still feel they are at least as qualified as school board members to choose their child’s path to maturity."

[Image: Cuckoo.gif]

Just fucking enough...why isn't anyone fighting for midgets? I mean height challenged people or little people.

There is so much whining in the news, how does anything productive ever get done in society?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

[Image: so-mad-i-could.gif]

Here's i thought canada was kinda safe from the crazy american bullshit that is gender politics.

I'm now in favor of shipping those "other" gender people off on to an island. That way they can be accepted amongst their peers and the guys who are into fucking those types of people know where to find them.
It would leave us regular people out of it...I don't think i will have kids in the west.

The Vancouver Catholic school board is popping champagne. You will see a surge in enrollment in Catholic Schools as parents dodge this move by the public schools.

This article sums up what bothers me about all of these culturally liberal policies coming into play.

You have normal, functioning members of society who contribute to society as a whole. In this case, heterosexual parents who are most likely married that feed, clothe, and take their kids to school. The vast majority of them want to make sure that their kid makes it through childhood largely unscathed.

Then you have the perverse, fringe people of society who do not really add very much at all to society. In this case, childless transgender and transsexual people.

All the normal people really want is to be left alone to do their own thing and try to find personal happiness. This is not enough for transgenders and transsexuals. For whatever reason, they cannot accept being ignored rather they have to force themselves and their values into functioning society.

Through their own selfishness, they are willing to completely fuck up and brainwash children. What are these boys and girls going to think once the boys balls drop and the girls start menstruating... after being taught that they live in a gender-less, androgynous society?

The whole thing is fucked up and I cannot believe the school board is actually listening to these freaks.

Fucking disgrace! One more reason I'm not only not getting married in Here but also not raising my kids in this corrupting and sick environment.

It's only going to get worse if we don't start speaking out against this shit...

Roosh makes some great points on strategy in his The Case For Our Retrenchment article. The third point regarding aligning ourselves with neo-conservatives is particularly strong (and unsavory!), but we're running out of options, and neo-cons may be the best allies we have for fighting against liberal political correctness.

We need strip liberals of their political power, and stop backing off our convictions when they try to smear us with labels like "bigot" or "sexist." We should instead explain why we're not these things, and then keep pushing forward.

On a related note, everyone should read this book. It explains the dangers of the social constructionist trend that's been driving this gender neutral bullshit.

[Image: attachment.jpg19330]   

A few years ago I was reading a free newspaper called SEE. In it they reported Lady Gaga said: " Your sexuality is your identity" . In the same week I saw the same quote in two other free newspapers and the two main city newspapers. Why was it so important that every media organ had to cover the same questionable statement.

Those poor kids.

Just gotta say, if this means you can use the bathroom assigned to the gender you IDENTIFY with? Its stupid but shit. If I was in that highschool id be way for it.

Fuck girls in bathroom, if caught leaving say you identify as female so you have to use that room, if questioned scream "Hate speech!" start crying and sue the living hell out of the morons.

You can't control the changing system, but you can exploit it.
Exploit it badly enough and itll change itself..

That's it, I refuse to respond to anyone who doesn't call me "TMNT Soup" instead of "Mr. Soup"

I might even make a lawsuit on this.

Wtf is a Xe and a Xem? Wasn't that the planet in that game Half Life?

Just one more reason to send your kids to a private school. Agree with poster above - I'm sure Catholic school admissions offices cheer every time some idiotic policy like this gets passed, as it just ends up driving more students their way.

Quote:Quote:

Just fucking enough...why isn't anyone fighting for midgets? I mean height challenged people or little people.

There is so much whining in the news, how does anything productive ever get done in society?

From now on when you are talking about midgets you can only use lower-case letters. [Image: tard.gif]

terms used to repair the failure of the English language to allow for 21st century gender sensitivities.
The English language is perfect. It's worked for hundreds of years. The problem is the bullshit PC culture that is trying to push this garbage into acceptance.

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

Quote: (06-18-2014 01:35 PM)Coldfire Wrote:  

terms used to repair the failure of the English language to allow for 21st century gender sensitivities.
The English language is perfect. It's worked for hundreds of years. The problem is the bullshit PC culture that is trying to push this garbage into acceptance.

actually, most languages do have a gender neutral pronoun. english used to, they was considered a neutral, singular pronoun. shakespeare and chaucer both used "they" as singular, gender neutral. in the 18th century, some clam mathematician decided that english needed more math, and you have the end of they as singular and the end of double negatives (also found in lots of other languages)

I support public schools, but this is one of the many reasons to send your children to a private school.

The whole "he's 5 and transgendered" stuff is bullshit. When you're 5 years old, you hardly know the difference between men and women, let alone masculinity or femininity.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

I'd encourage my young boys to go to the girl's bathroom to antagonize the girls.

Can't beat 'em? Troll 'em.

Let's be real here.

Level your criticism not at the degenerates but the people in charge of the schools who yield to their demands in a self-righteous need to appear progressive.

Trans people are a tiny percentage of the population. They need to be treated as such.

Vancouver has lots of Asians, right? I wonder what they make of all this bullshit that detracts from their kids learning mathematics and science.

You know who else rubs their hands together in glee every time a Western city/state/province/country enacts one of these batshit crazy ideas? All of Asia. They must love that we keep hobbling our education systems, and thus, our future economies.

I can picture the education minister for South Korea looking like Mr Chow from the Hangover series and ringing up the education minister of British Columbia and shouting "Haaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa bitchez!" before hanging up the phone.

Quote: (06-18-2014 06:27 PM)Solus Wrote:  

Trans people are a tiny percentage of the population. They need to be treated as such.

Feminists were a small percentage too.

I think it would be prudent for the parents to ask the school board what bar they hang-out at on weekends. Something tells me more than a few of the board members are down on all-fours Saturday night at the local leather bar.

When critics of gay marriage said it would have a domino effect, they were thinking in terms of polygamy.

What happened instead was that issue created a heightened sensitivity about perceived "bigotry" and "hate" related to alternative sexual expression. So you're getting wacky concepts like this now because the cultural conversations have shifted (see Overton Window) . And there will probably be more.

“I didn’t realize how much opposition there was out there in our communities to keeping kids safe and included and welcome,” said board chairwoman Patti Bacchus, who declared herself “proud” of the changes.

I heard "Won't someone please think of the children" and thought, "I bet she's an ugly Church Lady."

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_me2iedJKWK1rgchc8o1_500.gif]