rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Low post users asking for advice on heady subjects

I've been noticing a trend of trolls lately asking for all sorts of advice ranging from, "how to convince dad to dump step mom", "how do i get x,y,and z's inheritances, and the like.

Now I normally like to give the benefit of the doubt but seeing as trolls get in here on a regular basis I'd like to defer to an acceptable form of courtesy that should be extended onto this forum.

I call it, build up rapport before you start dumping your real problems.

For example:

Do you walk into someone's house you just met and ask them a question on how to wear mascara for meeting girls or getting your father to give you a better share of your inheritance?

NO

While the internet is anonymous, RvF is a semi public/private clubhouse where we all have personas that we've built up here. Yes we're crude and the like, but you need to build up a rapport before asking the group crazy questions like the ones I've given above.

Outside of newbie game advice, which there is an appropriate forum for asking about getting that gf back, dealing with oneitis, etc. don't bother asking for advice on heady questions when you've just barely started posting.

Hit the report button when you see this and I'll review it.

Good advice, especially for new folks who did not take the time to understand the culture of this forum FIRST, and as a result, run the risk of inadvertently being labelled as a troll. Would be cool to have this in the "FORUM GUIDE 2.0 (Must Read Before Posting)" thread.

Co-sign Roosh. Low-value members making problematic posts generally end up heavily penalized or banned.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I have also noticed this trend.

I myself have a few 'heavier' topics and issues I'd like input for but I'd just feel cheap expecting answers and insight when I haven't really added anything myself yet. You can't just be throwing them all out there expecting members who have spent huge chunks of time contributing value to the forum to give you all the solutions.

I truly appreciate the value of the forum as a whole, it's just ungrateful to expect something for nothing. I really need to contribute more.

Indeed, I'm still getting the feel of things here and don't think I've started any threads at all yet. Just adding my wisecracks to other threads so far [Image: lol.gif]

There's so much good information here that a little searching can easily answer questions without starting new lame threads.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I'm a new poster myself, I follow the following rules:

1. search via forum first
2. only start threads in the newbie subforum
3. only post if I have something to add to a discussion
4. dont give out rep points like candy

Quote: (06-18-2014 03:02 PM)jimmyjohns Wrote:  

I'm a new poster myself, I follow the following rules:

1. search via forum first
2. only start threads in the newbie subforum
3. only post if I have something to add to a discussion
4. dont give out rep points like candy

I mean, you're welcome to interject your .02 in when you feel like, however it's like being a new guest at a party. Feel out the room's vibe before you ask a hard question.

I posted about my ex doing bad sh!t to me on this forum after i think it was 700 or 800 posts. I don't remember. Either way, become established first.

They got lost on their way to the Misc or /r/ ?