rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

WSJ article about transsexuals

I can't find the full article, but it's written by a psychiatrist from Johns Hopkins. Maybe someone with a WSJ online account can provide the whole thing.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/06/13/for...-solution/

Quote:Quote:

former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital has written an explosive editorial at the Wall Street Journal saying, “Policy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention.” Dr. Paul McHugh, the former chair of the Department of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins, challenges the notion that sex-reassignment surgery is good for transgendered persons and provides statistics to back up his assertions.

You won’t hear it from those championing transgender equality, but controlled and follow-up studies reveal fundamental problems with this movement. When children who reported transgender feelings were tracked without medical or surgical treatment at both Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic, 70%-80% of them spontaneously lost those feelings. Some 25% did have persisting feelings; what differentiates those individuals remains to be discerned.

We at Johns Hopkins University—which in the 1960s was the first American medical center to venture into “sex-reassignment surgery”—launched a study in the 1970s comparing the outcomes of transgendered people who had the surgery with the outcomes of those who did not. Most of the surgically treated patients described themselves as “satisfied” by the results, but their subsequent psycho-social adjustments were no better than those who didn’t have the surgery. And so at Hopkins we stopped doing sex-reassignment surgery, since producing a “satisfied” but still troubled patient seemed an inadequate reason for surgically amputating normal organs.

McHugh has some strong words for parents who decide to treat their young children for gender disorders:

Then there is the subgroup of very young, often prepubescent children who notice distinct sex roles in the culture and, exploring how they fit in, begin imitating the opposite sex. Misguided doctors at medical centers including Boston’s Children’s Hospital have begun trying to treat this behavior by administering puberty-delaying hormones to render later sex-change surgeries less onerous—even though the drugs stunt the children’s growth and risk causing sterility. Given that close to 80% of such children would abandon their confusion and grow naturally into adult life if untreated, these medical interventions come close to child abuse. A better way to help these children: with devoted parenting.

Dr. McHugh explains the fundamental nature of the problem:

At the heart of the problem is confusion over the nature of the transgendered. “Sex change” is biologically impossible. People who undergo sex-reassignment surgery do not change from men to women or vice versa. Rather, they become feminized men or masculinized women.

He notes that transgendered advocates are so powerful that they have persuaded several states, including California, New Jersey and Massachusetts to pass laws making it illegal for psychiatrists, even with parental permission, to attempt to restore natural gender feelings to a transgender minor, despite data that shows many of these children can and do lose their transgendered feelings. He called on his fellow psychiatrists to challenge the “solipsistic concept that what is in the mind cannot be questioned.”

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

I was tempted to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal the other day. It's one of the last major newspapers that cares more about the truth than political correctness.

This site claims to have posted the entire article.
http://genderidentitywatch.com/2014/06/1...chugh-usa/

Quote: (06-17-2014 09:50 PM)agentaika Wrote:  

I was tempted to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal the other day. It's one of the last major newspapers that cares more about the truth than political correctness.

This site claims to have posted the entire article.
http://genderidentitywatch.com/2014/06/1...chugh-usa/

They have the article, thanks. Yeah, the WSJ (and a lot of Rupert Murdoch's stuff) isn't afraid to report on things that aren't popular. Of course, that makes Rupert Murdoch a right-wing, ultra-conservative, intolerant, privileged male.

Here's the article: https://genderidentitywatch.files.wordpr...on-wsj.pdf[/quote]

The comparison Paul McHugh drew between being transgender and anorexic is spot on. Both see themselves as something they're not.

But what kind of Twilight Zone episode are we living in where secular people are literally fighting to replace science with pseudo-science to accommodate the mentally ill rather than treat them? How - in - the - fuck did this happen?

[Image: wtf.jpg]

And I don't think most people take this issue as seriously as it needs to be taken. We made the same mistake with feminism. "Oh, they're just a bunch of whiny women. What harm could they do? Live and let live." And now they've practically taken over half of the Western world.

If we let transgenderism dominate as a political movement, biology will be replaced with social constructionism, and trans people will be given full legal right to rape us by deception. They may still look like men today, but their "reassignment" surgeries will improve.

Quote: (06-17-2014 10:11 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

They have the article, thanks. Yeah, the WSJ (and a lot of Rupert Murdoch's stuff) isn't afraid to report on things that aren't popular. Of course, that makes Rupert Murdoch a right-wing, ultra-conservative, intolerant, privileged male.

We need to learn how to respond better to liberal smear tactics...

McHugh is right, the vast majority of trannies are fucked in the head. A tiny of the fraction of the population really is born with the wrong sex organs, possibly due to some kind of hormonal problem. The vast majority of trannies are just out of their minds and need psychiatric treatment.

Gay men need to distance themselves from trannies and lesbians. The whole LGBT alliance doesn't make any sense. We've already established that most trannies are just crazy. Lesbians are mostly just ugly misandrists who can't attract men. Bisexual women who aren't de facto lesbians due to ugliness aren't really attracted to the LGBT movement. Only bisexual and gay men make natural allies. Both are pretty normal in comparison to all the other groups.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

In general, most of the LBGT movement have severe psychological issues.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

[Image: pleased.gif]

Say what you want about trannies, but they do make good wingmen...wingwome....wing-its.

http://the3bromigos.com/2014/03/22/sex-t...ransexual/

transexuals... I see it more as people refusing to treat children as children and set boundaries for them. Parents really should not set serious wheels in motion for their children's desires that have permanent effects on their lives.

When we were kids my brother used to want to 'grow up to be a transformer'...no one said "you can be whatever you want! lets help you!' and took him to a doctor to have a combustion engine implanted in his abdomen. He was a kid, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

If my child said hey! I want to be a girl. I would say "well you're a boy as long as you live here, when you are 18 you can move out, get a job and use your own money to invert your dick into a pussy if thats what you want"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

This article is very long winded, but it dismantles the current and dominant views on transgenderism.

Read the comments, as it is a lot to read, and you'll get an idea what it's saying, which is essentially the same as people are saying here: mental disorder that can be treated.

It's also worth noting that a significant amount of MtFs who have undergone the surgery to be 'female', often regret it.

I detest the current trend for treating children medically/surgically. We'll see in generations to come that it causes more problems.

The idea of giving kids hormones that delay their growth [Image: barf.gif]

Quote: (06-18-2014 05:03 AM)objectivist tree Wrote:  

[Image: 3254293-i%2Bbelieve%2Bhim%2B_08d696789b3...ac639d.jpg]

I agree except for gay dudes. Pretty much every one I've ever met seemed pretty well adjusted and normal. They just happen to have an insatiable love for the cock.

We should come up with a new term for these "transexuals"

How about: "Attention Whores"?

I'm probably in the minority here in that I accept some people do have a brain that is wired for the opposite sex of their body, given how complex gestation is, it's totally believable that some wires can get crossed.

that said, transgender is becoming the "in vogue" thing for middle class white girls that are frustrated by their lack of actual frustrations in life. compared to the shit they claim to be (otherkin, headmates), transgender isn't that out there. I'm sure that for some people, it is innate and can't be treated, but for most people, its just because they like feeling oppressed

Quote: (06-18-2014 01:15 PM)Only One Man Wrote:  

I agree except for gay dudes. Pretty much every one I've ever met seemed pretty well adjusted and normal. They just happen to have an insatiable love for the cock.

I'd go and disagree. They're good at hiding it from the outside world. Hang out with enough gays and you'll discover that their "open-relationship" styles cause a lot of jealousy amongst themselves.

I know one loaded guy who works entertain and is married to another guy. They had a surrogate so they can have children. The other partner goes around sleeping with other guys.

Betcha that will work out well.

Honestly, could it be any more obvious that this freakish shit is a mental disorder? These people literally want to chop off their sexual organs. If that's not a mental disorder, then the term is devoid of meaning.

There's a passage in the Bible that encourages people to pluck out their eye or chop off their hand if either tempts them to sin (If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell. Matt. 5:29-30).

Now, imagine if there was a fundamentalist Christian sect that started to take this passage literally and began removing their own and their children's eyeballs and amputating their hands.

Do you think the government would allow that? Would they encourage it and celebrate it nonstop in the media? Of course not. They'd be viewed as worse than the Taliban, universally condemned and thrown into prison, and rightfully so.

Yet somehow it's perfectly okay for these mentally ill people to mutilate their sexual organs. Instead of trying to give them the mental help they desperately need, these disgusting progressives cheer them on and use them to display their own perceived self-righteousness. The worst among them even willfully destroy their own children with these hormone blocking shots and encourage them to self-mutilate, all so they can enjoy the feeling of being so wonderfully progressive and accepting of their "transgendered" child. It's the ultimate in narcissisim: sacrificing your own child on the altar of progressivism to demonstrate your self-righteousness. Speaking of the Bible, scum like this are the modern day Pharisees, who pray loudly in public that all might know their holiness. (Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. Matt. 23: 27-28).

No doubt these modern day Pharisees will meet the same fate as their ancient forbears: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Matt. 23:33

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (06-18-2014 01:47 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Honestly, could it be any more obvious that this freakish shit is a mental disorder? These people literally want to chop off their sexual organs. If that's not a mental disorder, then the term is devoid of meaning.

There's a passage in the Bible that encourages people to pluck out their eye or chop off their hand if either tempts them to sin (If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell. Matt. 5:29-30).

Now, imagine if there was a fundamentalist Christian sect that started to take this passage literally and began removing their own and their children's eyeballs and amputating their hands.

Do you think the government would allow that? Would they encourage it and celebrate it nonstop in the media? Of course not. They'd be viewed as worse than the Taliban, universally condemned and thrown into prison, and rightfully so.

Yet somehow it's perfectly okay for these mentally ill people to mutilate their sexual organs. Instead of trying to give them the mental help they desperately need, these disgusting progressives cheer them on and use them to display their own perceived self-righteousness. The worst among them even willfully destroy their own children with these hormone blocking shots and encourage them to self-mutilate, all so they can enjoy the feeling of being so wonderfully progressive and accepting of their "transgendered" child. It's the ultimate in narcissisim: sacrificing your own child on the altar of progressivism to demonstrate your self-righteousness. Speaking of the Bible, scum like this are the modern day Pharisees, who pray loudly in public that all might know their holiness. (Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. Matt. 23: 27-28).

No doubt these modern day Pharisees will meet the same fate as their ancient forbears: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Matt. 23:33

what is circumcision?

Quote: (06-18-2014 01:43 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

I'd go and disagree. They're good at hiding it from the outside world. Hang out with enough gays and you'll discover that their "open-relationship" styles cause a lot of jealousy amongst themselves.

I know one loaded guy who works entertain and is married to another guy. They had a surrogate so they can have children. The other partner goes around sleeping with other guys.

Betcha that will work out well.

I agree. I know a gay guy who was "in a relationship" and fucking at least 2 other guys that I know of.

With gay marriage will come gay divorce. That's going to be fun to watch.

Quote: (06-18-2014 01:55 PM)clever alias Wrote:  

what is circumcision?

Are you honestly trying to equate the removal of the foreskin with the amputation of the entire penis and testicles?

Do you trim your nails by using an axe to chop off your entire hand?

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

"He notes that transgendered advocates are so powerful that they have persuaded several states, including California, New Jersey and Massachusetts to pass laws making it illegal for psychiatrists, even with parental permission, to attempt to restore natural gender feelings to a transgender minor, despite data that shows many of these children can and do lose their transgendered feelings."

This is truly disturbing. Rather than allowing help for kids with this this transgender disorder they ban shrinks and their parents from treating them the kids successfully. They rather have uniqs instead!

Quote: (06-18-2014 02:25 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

what is circumcision?

Are you honestly trying to equate the removal of the foreskin with the amputation of the entire penis and testicles?

to be honest, thats not actually what i read your post as being

Quote: (06-18-2014 02:25 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

what is circumcision?

Interesting point.

I often take the side that circumcision is just as horrific as clitoridectomy, but maybe that's not the case.

I think having the entire top of your penis cut off.. the part with all the nerves.. that would be like having a clitoridectomy

Quote: (06-18-2014 01:47 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Yet somehow it's perfectly okay for these mentally ill people to mutilate their sexual organs. Instead of trying to give them the mental help they desperately need, these disgusting progressives cheer them on and use them to display their own perceived self-righteousness. T

Something I wonder. When someone has say kleptomania, we don't allow them to keep stealing in order to satisfy the needs their disorder demands. Instead we attempt to cure them of this condition.

I already know someone is going to counter with "Kelptomania hurts other people while someone wanting to alter their body is his own business". Well then use the anorexia example that was mentioned in the original article. If someone wants to starve themselves to death Karen Carpenter style, how does that affect you? If anything, it's less resource consuming then preforming sex reassignment surgery since not only do you not need to invest in the medical resources for a surgery, but the person isn't eating as much and therefore saving resources for everyone. [Image: tard.gif]

I read a book review earlier today by a radical feminist for Gender Hurts: A Feminist Analysis of the Politics of Transgenderism. Here's an interesting quote. Edited for concision.

Quote:Quote:

Like many radicals, I was once a liberal. Furthermore, I was once a liberal feminist. As a recent liberal feminist who used to support the inclusion of queer and trans ideology in our movement, I understand how scary questioning these things may be – women who question these ideologies are actually harassed and threatened every day. If there is such volatile cult-like dissent abound whenever someone is critical of these things, doesn’t that mean something? We can and must question the narratives that are continuously being normalized as part of female liberation. The narratives that tell us that we must cater to males, both dysphoric and non dysphoric, not speak of our biological and material reality, that we must make room and deny ourselves safety in order to not be ‘bigots’ in a movement we created for ourselves.

Throughout Jeffreys’ critique, she illustrates the way the transgender movement and their dialogue manifested, grew, and the way it continues to evolve today. This all unfolds at a steady pace throughout the book, growing with intensity as she segues us through its beginnings (...) the political climate and legislation surrounding transgenderism, and how the implications of that with the rights of females. The latter is a most urgent matter that, to my knowledge, is not being addressed in any feminist community outside of radical feminism. I view this being because the more popular forms of feminism are all about ideology and less about application. As Lierre Keith recently commented in an interview, activism has become sort of a group therapy session.

I think I agree with 95% of her full review.