rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Megachurch Pastor Fired After Admitting to Sex With 16-Year-Old Church Member

Here's the story.

The guy's name is Dr. Jack Schaap.

Is there such a thing as pastor game? Apparently, you can get young girls to fornicate with you by posing as a paragon of chastity. The irony is pretty incredible. This guy is the religious equivalent to Hugo Schwyzer.

Here's the 54-year-old pastor who seduced the teenaged member of this flock:

[Image: jackschaap-300x300.jpg]

[Image: jpeg]

Here's his wife, if you want to know why he cheated:

[Image: schaap-lessons-learned-from-30-years-of-marriage.jpg]

54?

Wow. Dude looks great for 54yo #nohomo and his wife looks like she could be his mom.

Could it be she seduced him? FYI: 16 is the legal age of consent in Indiana.

I'm sorry, did you say his name was Jack Strap?

Being a mega pastor is the biggest con game around.

What we do is con artistry but it's geared at women.

Quote:Quote:

At this time, we deeply regret the need to announce that First Baptist Church has dismissed our pastor, Dr. Jack Schaap, due to a sin that has caused him to forfeit his right to be our pasto

You would think that Christianity said to be forgiving of other peoples sins? Iirc the bible said "he who is without sin shall cast the first stone" and its not as if fucking a chick is as wrong as sins with an actual victim(murder, robbery, rape, assault etc)

"Being a mega pastor is the biggest con game around."

Without derailing the thread, I find a rare moment where I respectfully disagree with you.

Being a mega pastor means you know what you're doing when it comes to being a CEO (Pastor) of a church (business).

Even Joel Osteen doesn't even take tithes from his church, he makes his money from his multiple NYT #1 best-selling books.

It's a fallacy to believe that just because you're a preacher or pastor you should be broke and a hick. The Bible explicitly admonishes leaders of churches to have "their own house in order" before leading others.

Being a millionaire and a religious leader is just being an Alpha in the conservative world. No hate from me.

"You would think that Christianity said to be forgiving of other peoples sins?"

Forgiveness and being in a place where you can lead others is two different things.

They will forgive him.

That doesn't mean that he's in a right mindset to lead others when he's cheating on his wife.

#nobrainer

I've seen churches where the pastor 'sat down' from leadership after a scandal like this and was reinstated at a later time.

Most churches run like a business. CEO with board members much like a Fortune 500 company. The board members can vote the CEO/Pastor out at any time.

Sadly, the fact that 16 is the age of consent in IN means shit. This dude is going down, he will see prison time, and he will be branded a "sex offender" for the rest of his life.

How? Simple.

They will either show he transported her "across state lines" to have sexual intercourse, in which case Federal laws apply (Hammond is pretty close to the Illinois border so that is quite possible).

If that fails, they will just get him on the "in loco parentis" clause. Because he was a pastor and she was in his "flock", he was a figure of authority akin to a guardian (same would be true of a teacher). In that context, the age of consent automatically becomes 18.

PSA: Act as if 18 is the legal age of consent everywhere in the US, no matter what the supposed age of consent in your state is. There are so many ways to get you if you go under 18 -- and so much motivation on the part of the authorities to nab such a "predator" -- that the risk is never worth it. No pussy is good enough to be raped in jail for.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote: (06-14-2014 08:59 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

"You would think that Christianity said to be forgiving of other peoples sins?"

Forgiveness and being in a place where you can lead others is two different things.

They will forgive him.

That doesn't mean that he's in a right mindset to lead others when he's cheating on his wife.

I think many many Christians cheat and cheating doesnt seem like a particularly bad sin, and in the bible everyone sins. So they would be replacing one sinner with another.

Legal in Australia. [Image: banana.gif]

[Image: thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif]

His wife looks like Mrs. Doubtfire...

What I mean is that being able to sell a product that doesn't really even exist in any kind of tangible way.. To me seems like it would take a lot charisma, confidence (game stuff). Without getting into a discussion about the existence of god, I think it's safe to say that what these guys are really selling is the experience they've created.. The vibe, embodied by them.

I agree with you about the business aspect., It takes actual magerial skill to run something on a scale that big, and yes that is very alpha (in the leader of men sense of the term).

I think most people go to religious events, sporting events, rock concerts, etc. To be entertained in a way that makes them feel alive or present. The people that are successful at that stuff are usually magnetic personalities.

That's what I mean by con artist: being able to use your charm to get either pussy or money (or whatever else) from people.

I think it's possible to be both a good businessman and a successful con artist at the same time, and to actually use a combination of the two to make things happen. Not neccessarily a bad thing.

I know from my own experience that even if you do have a tangible thing to sell, you still need to bring the personality, the story/vibe/presence etc. That's what people are really buying.

You could be the greatest musician in the world but if you don't have a narrative that the women can get into, your chances of success are a lot less.

@cooledcannon:

Preachers and pastors are held to a higher standard. Just like the CEO of Apple is held to a higher standard than a store tech.

The pastor's actions that can bring public ridicule are on an entirely different scale than the apple tech jacking a laptop from work, due to exactly what is happening now: public scrutiny and ridicule.

@soup:

I agree with that point.

Leaders of any kind usually have a certain amount of charisma and salesmanship to sell their 'message' to the masses.

It's funny you mention that, because many men I've observed who had their wive's On Lock (including my own Dad) have a certain amount of natural charisma and leadership abilities. Note: my dad isn't involved with churches anymore and hasn't for some time, but I saw this first hand for years.

That's why Game isn't just about picking up chicks at the bar. It's about Life. When a man grasps that and applies Game principles in all areas of his life, he'll see major growth and improvement.

I agree and that's why I think guys who don't improve on their general charisma and just go out as weekend warriors (They could be called half-gamers I guess) are going to have an uphill battle when they try to replicate the kind of high quality and quantity notch counts that get talked about around here.

And for the guys that get their charisma in the red.. Now is probably the easiest time in history to be banging girls with all the social restrictions on female sexuality being exploded and explored (no pun intended [Image: lol.gif])

Quote: (06-14-2014 09:12 PM)Slick Shimmer Wrote:  

His wife looks like Mrs. Doubtfire...

I'd almost swear she's him in drag.

I've been trying to find pictures of the girl, but haven't had any luck. Apparently, she's 17 now. I guess the age of consent in Indiana is lower than the age used by media outlets for publishing someone's photograph.

Women have higher degrees of religiosity, due to their greater fondness for authority and penchant for "the feels." Passage from a Razib Khan post quoting Caplan:

Once people admit that this gender gap exists, the most popular explanation is that women are “socialized” to be more religious. Stark and Miller put this theory to the test. If the socialization hypothesis is true, they reason, then the gender gap should be larger in more traditional societies where socialization pressure is more intense. Make sense to me.

Survey says: Dead wrong. In fact, the gender gap is smallest in the most traditional societies, and largest in the least traditional societies! In societies that approve of single motherhood, with a high abortion rate, low fertility, and high female labor force participation, the religiosity gap between women and men is especially large.

PC blank-slatism takes another stake to the heart.

[Image: jordan.gif]

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

I bet the 16 year old is fat.
[Image: american.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (06-14-2014 09:00 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Sadly, the fact that 16 is the age of consent in IN means shit. This dude is going down, he will see prison time, and he will be branded a "sex offender" for the rest of his life.

[...]

They will either show he transported her "across state lines" to have sexual intercourse, in which case Federal laws apply (Hammond is pretty close to the Illinois border so that is quite possible).

If that fails, they will just get him on the "in loco parentis" clause.

Indeed. I didn't believe you, but, guess what, you are right. He got sentenced to 12 years:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20...18139.html

http://www.charismanews.com/us/38757-bap...n-sex-case

(I'm including two links, one liberal, one conservative, to be fair and balanced)

To quote the conservative one:

Jack Schaap, 55, pastor for 11 years at the First Baptist Church of Hammond, had pleaded guilty to a federal charge of transporting a minor across state lines with intent to engage in sexual activity, according to the U.S. Attorney's office for the northern district of Indiana.

(emphasis mine)

TLOZ hit the nail on the head.

Quote: (06-14-2014 09:54 PM)placer Wrote:  

Quote: (06-14-2014 09:00 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Indeed. I didn't believe you, but, guess what, you are right. He got sentenced to 12 years:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20...18139.html

http://www.charismanews.com/us/38757-bap...n-sex-case

(I'm including two links, one liberal, one conservative, to be fair and balanced)

Yep, not surprised. 12 years for fucking someone of "legal age".

Looks like they got him on "state lines", "grooming" and probably a bunch of other things.

Again: do not go under 18. Never worth the terrible risks, even where supposedly "legal".

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

(...)has filed a court memorandum asking to present new evidence and portraying the girl, who was age 16 at the beginning of her sexual encounters with Schaap, as having "had prior extensive sexual experience" in addition to using alcohol and marijuana.

Murray argues, "No doubt exists that (Schaap) should have resisted (her) advances [Image: Strip.gif][Image: cool.gif], but (Schaap) submits his actions did not serve to destroy (her) in the manner that often occurs when underage individuals are victimized."

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

It surprises me that he got 12 years for consensual sex. There was no allegation that he forced or abused the girl.

How many female school teachers did the deed with male students in the same age range or younger and will get nothing close to 12 years? The answer: in the last semester alone, 14.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Millions of years of evolution hardwired men to find that uber fertile teen pussy virtually irresistible.