rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Music Taste Thread

Music Taste Thread

There have been a few threads about music appreciation and taste. But I want to talk about what makes you like what you like.

For instance, this little known artist I follow on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/con_tour/on-the-pulse-of-morning

He made this for Maya Angelou's death. He has a gift for crafting progressive electronic music that is infused with a hiphop element. I like that. I enjoy variety from him to Mr. Carmack to Kaytranada within this field lately because of the spacey almost dreamlike sound they embody.

For me, my music taste is based off what kind of emotional reaction mixed with the diversity in their songs. I can't listen to an artist whose songs all sound the same recently. I am a fan of Jazz, Hip-Hop, soul, country, alternative, indie, and death metal, with an appreciation for classical music.

What makes something good or bad? I like having this debate and this forum stirs up some interesting debates. Some people it's based on nostalgia or the experiences the music created or accompanied at a time in their lives, or what it makes them feel, others it's complexity and the technical prowess an artist demonstrates.