rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A New App Wants to Weed the Creeps Out of Online Dating. Can It Be Done?

Quote:Quote:

They said it couldn’t be done. But in the year and a half since its launch, Tinder has successfully established itself as the first hook-up app that women actually want to use. The app’s achievement is due in large part to its opt-in chatting system: Daters can only exchange messages when they’ve mutually pre-approved each others’ profile photos, saving them from reading unsolicited missives from people they want absolutely nothing to do with. But the scheme isn’t foolproof. As soon as a woman swipes right on a guy who looks up her alley, she’s still liable to get slapped with an unwelcome message like “8==D I love anal.” Tinder’s system ostensibly blocks the cavalcade of creeps by submitting them all to a snap judgment before they’re allowed to open their mouths. And yet, they persist.

Enter Wyldfire, a more curated mobile dating experience that positions women as the gatekeepers to sexual innuendo. When Wyldfire launches in the coming months, women will be free to join, but men must secure an invite from a female friend in order to start browsing. (The app is a kind of lovechild between Tinder and man-rating app Lulu.) “Everyone has that one friend who they think is a great-quality guy but they either don’t want to date themselves or want someone else they know to date,” Wyldfire brand manager Jesse Shiffman told Allison P. Davis at the Cut. As Davis notes, that type of eligible bachelor—the single, straight guy you don’t want to date, don’t want to set up with any of your friends, and yet are eager to recommend to all female strangers in your general area—may be even more elusive than the guy who actually sparks your interest.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...reeps.html

Quote: (06-11-2014 03:46 AM)N°6 Wrote:  

They said it couldn’t be done. But in the year and a half since its launch, Tinder has successfully established itself as the first hook-up app that women actually want to use.

So apparently women aren't using the hookup apps that already exist?

[Image: tard.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

“Everyone has that one friend who they think is a great-quality guy but they either don’t want to date themselves or want someone else they know to date,” Wyldfire brand manager Jesse Shiffman told Allison P. Davis at the Cut. As Davis notes, that type of eligible bachelor—the single, straight guy you don’t want to date, don’t want to set up with any of your friends, and yet are eager to recommend to all female strangers in your general area—may be even more elusive than the guy who actually sparks your interest.

Not sure if chicks would go through the trouble to match-make their loser orbiters.

App Fail.

If this becomes popular I think there will be plenty of fake chick accounts. Maybe if there was stringent testing(multiple original profile pics) then I think chicks can freelance selling their pics or something.

But why do chicks want to use Tinder(and not any other app)?

*Creates west Indian Artemis female profile*
*recommends West Indian Archie*

WIA

Quote: (06-11-2014 04:32 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

I imagine you will need multiple smartphones to make that happen?

But really this app sounds retarded. How many women have guy friends that they think are really hot and would be good to date, but they don't want to date that guy themselves but want to share him with strangers?

Yeah right - "that type of eligible bachelor—the single, straight guy you don’t want to date, don’t want to set up with any of your friends, and yet are eager to recommend to all female strangers in your general area—"

An App where all the Beta-orbiters and good-looking Betas will be traded around - will fail!

An App where Alpha studs are recommended by women on their sexual prowess and dominant Alpha behavior might work, but is not politically correct and will likely not go through the censorship-feminist mafia.

When I send "8===D" and similar messages, it's always because women like it. If it were just up to me, I would have never sent something crude like that to a woman. It's women who have beaten the habit of being polite and sexually restrained out of me.

Something for the app developers to reflect on.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (06-11-2014 08:04 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

When I send "8===D" and similar messages, it's always because women like it. If it were just up to me, I would have never sent something crude like that to a woman. It's women who have beaten the habit of being polite and sexually restrained out of me.

Something for the app developers to reflect on.

Women instinctively never liked the White Knight polite approach, but at least in the past every man they met had to be potential husband material, which curbed some of the lower drives. Now they demand the crude bastard openly and we shall give it to them.

"When I send "8===D" and similar messages, it's always because women like it. If it were just up to me, I would have never sent something crude like that to a woman. It's women who have beaten the habit of being polite and sexually restrained out of me.

Something for the app developers to reflect on."

Virtually all women like having such lurid conversation be against social convention, because if it wasn't, most of the men who'd use it on them would be gross them out - sort of like a fat chick hitting on you. If it's against the rules but a handsome charming man does it, she doesn't report him and in fact likes it. She's like a cop who can ticket or arrest you any time he pleases thanks to all the laws on the books, everything is in her hands.

The intent of the app is good - on any platform for meeting women, there are tons of men who annoy girls and yet never get ass, and just raise bitch shields (eg guys catcalling). Or even just guys that are too lame to get laid regularly, yet help make every bar a cockfest. Taking them out of the running will help the guys who do have game and do get laid.

That said, the execution sounds stupid.

What's funny is my most successful Tinder opener - as in actually lead to sex - has been "how do you feel about threesomes?"

After I realized that, I basically just use that app to massively creep while traveling.

Good luck trading beta-mon cards, ladies.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Quote: (06-11-2014 05:17 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

WIA

But really this app sounds retarded. How many women have guy friends that they think are really hot and would be good to date, but they don't want to date that guy themselves but want to share him with strangers?

Not really a problem. And then WIArtemis recommends Eradicator.

These tech people rely too much on the willingness of others to play by their rules.

WIA

...because it is just going to be IMPOSSIBLE to convince a girl, even a random girl on the street, to "invite" you to the site. IM-POSS-E-BULL.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

This can be done in real life and has been done for decades. Its like trading Pokemon cards for adult women.

How many of you guys here have fucked one girl so well that she couldn't stop running her mouth off to her friends and any girl that listened?

Some of the easiest notches you can get are to do with female approval but the nice guys do not get this, it is almost always the guys women want to fuck right then and there.

Quote: (06-12-2014 08:30 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

This can be done in real life and has been done for decades. Its like trading Pokemon cards for adult women.

How many of you guys here have fucked one girl so well that she couldn't stop running her mouth off to her friends and any girl that listened?

Some of the easiest notches you can get are to do with female approval but the nice guys do not get this, it is almost always the guys women want to fuck right then and there.

This app attempts to disqualify rude behavior or words that some girls might find offensive, while dozens have fucked him and are satisfied.

What you describe is actually a good idea and might work. A fuck-stud-app that lets women give top-reviews on guys who have fucked them well or what his speciality is. Don't think such an app exists.

Quote: (06-12-2014 09:46 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (06-12-2014 08:30 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

This app attempts to disqualify rude behavior or words that some girls might find offensive, while dozens have fucked him and are satisfied.

What you describe is actually a good idea and might work. A fuck-stud-app that lets women give top-reviews on guys who have fucked them well or what his speciality is. Don't think such an app exists.

This is a great idea, sluts, divorcees and chicks looking for dick on the side would be all over this.

Of course there would be fake reviews though. I'd have reviews from "Moeisha" and "Larrietta" right away.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

It only needs one negative nancy drew to cause a shit stirring contest. It is basically a free gigolo app until Mr Studly comes across a woman with a pussy as appetising as three week old cabbage and she is not best pleased with his lack of libido afterwards.

Reminds me of that programme called Hung. Got cancelled.

Quote: (06-12-2014 10:55 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

It only needs one negative nancy drew to cause a shit stirring contest. It is basically a free gigolo app until Mr Studly comes across a woman with a pussy as appetising as three week old cabbage and she is not best pleased with his lack of libido afterwards.

Reminds me of that programme called Hung. Got cancelled.

Yeah - might be worth a try, but reviews by women inherently cannot be trusted over time. Even a girl who fell in love with you and gets rejected might unleash hell upon your profile.

But - who knows, might work since our times are getting more and more slutty anyway. The problem is of course also in the Alphas they choose - some might turn away quite a few of these girls, who have made themselves 40 pounds slimmer and 5-10 years younger and have picked the most beautifully photoshopped pic of themselves. Plenty of thirsty good-looking Betas on Tinder will hit that, but Player Alphas?

AFF used to have endorsements, maybe they still do, I was on that thing almost 10 years ago. OKCupid also used to have them but got rid of them, and I PoF also. I saw one of the most hilarious endorsements on PoF years ago, a guy endorsing a woman. I wish I had a screen cap. It started out "This woman is a classic maneater" and went on from there, totally savaged her. Fucking hilarious.

That's probably why PoF got rid of them. Markus knows his business is about keeping the pussy on the site, which is why he slants everything to what women (claim to) want.

Quote: (06-11-2014 05:17 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

WIA

You can emulate smartphones on any PC or Mac. I could have 100 fake smartphones run from my laptop if I wanted.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

A what's the best smart phone emulator?

Quote: (06-13-2014 04:39 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

You can emulate smartphones on any PC or Mac. I could have 100 fake smartphones run from my laptop if I wanted.

Can you emulate texting, especially without paying for data?

Has anyone noticed the irony of beta males making it more difficult for other beta males (and basically themselves) to get a date.

This won't do anything anyway because the girls goto the big sites for attention, even if its some 350 lbs loser living in his mom's basement it's still validation (you get to say you have 100's of admirers).

I don't think this app has a good chance of getting off the ground (there are plenty of Tinder knock-offs that never have), but if it does get popular I think it could potentially be superior to Tinder from a player's perspective. I doubt there would be much effect on the number of guys using the app--it would obviously be trivial to get an account (even if you can't convince a single female on the planet to invite you, creating a fake Facebook, Instagram, Google voice number, etc is very, very easy). But the perception that guys messaging them have been pre-selected to some degree could still help to lower girls' bitch shields, even if it in no way reflects reality.

Again, though, I wouldn't count on it. There have got to be 100's of these supposedly "improved" versions of Tinder, and the vast majority don't go anywhere because girls will always stick to whatever remains popular regardless of the objective merits.