rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I just got Catfished

I just got Catfished

Ask me in person and I will tell you

I just got Catfished

Quote: (06-09-2014 08:40 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

First time its ever happened.

I've been working on an oil rig which is quite near to a reasonably sized town. Turned on tinder yesterday and got some good leads pretty fast.

One girl was very keen and had some decent pictures. She was sexualising things a little too fast which hot girls that I have met and fucked have done in the past so I didn't see it as a warning sign. Wrong.

I got her number and she sent some dirty pictures plus a video of her sucking dick. At this stage my instincts were telling me something is wrong. But my dick was saying hmmmm maybe its still all good.

On the way to town today I get a text saying to swing by her work place (hospital) and she will come out and fuck in the truck. I have done similar quick straight to fucking meetups before and the girls have always been of high quality. Again wrong.

I parked up, text her what space I am in and starting reading on my phone while she came off shift. By the time I noticed her it was too late to quickly drive off. I definitely was tempted and even started turning the key. Before I had time to react she was in my truck (my electronics are gone right now in the driver seat so I can't lock the doors while inside).

She was a beast. Crooked teeth, crazy eyes, weird skin complexion, strange clothes from the 50s, overweight etc. I would be scared to put my dick in her mouth. No amount of horniness or alcohol would have made me even consider it.

I was freaking out. She was all confident and flirty like this was actually going to go down. I started rambling about how work had just called and that there was an emergency. I quickly drove her to the front door of the hospital and told her she needed to get out fast cause I got to go back to the rig right now. She was saying to come back afterwards and hang out. She actually leaned in to kiss before she got out. I just looked straight ahead and didn't move.

I guess this happens to people who do online game every so often. Usually I have safety procedures to avoid this: check their facebook, get personalised pictures, Skype. This time I got sloppy and paid the price.

A part of me is annoyed that she even tried this shit, obviously knowing she was straight up tricking me with 5 year old pics and deceptive angles. Another part just finds it funny and chalks it up to hazards of the game.

Be careful out there guys!!!

wait, so were the pics actually OF HER or not? I ask because initially you made it seem that the pics were obviously all fake (the pics are of a HOT chick and in-person this woman was a FAT, FUGLY beast with crooked teeth, etc.), yet you imply at the end that the pics were actually old pics of HER. How could a hottie turn into a disgusting beast with crooked teeth in the span of 5 years??!!!!

I just got Catfished

I try to get a picture of her doing what I'm saying or a SnapChat photo. Regardless, sorry to hear that. From what you're describing, I pictured that chick from "Evil Dead"

I just got Catfished

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Sorry to laugh at your pain, but that shit was funny.... And I just found out what that means by accident. It came on after Ridiculousness.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I just got Catfished

She used highly edited pics of her from at least 5 years back. Technically they were of her but she is now so far removed from how she once looked I would not really consider it to be her anymore.

Implied:
[Image: Yellow-Lamborghini-3.jpg]

Reality:

[Image: 3.jpg]

I just got Catfished

Do you guys generally get annoyed at this and tell them straight up how annoyed you are

or

do you just excuse yourself as fast as possible and remove yourself from the situation?

I figured the best solution was just a low key getaway but if this had been in a café or bar I would have been fuming for being put in such a situation.

I just got Catfished

Quote: (06-09-2014 09:21 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

Do you guys generally get annoyed at this and tell them straight up how annoyed you are

or

do you just excuse yourself as fast as possible and remove yourself from the situation?

I figured the best solution was just a low key getaway but if this had been in a café or bar I would have been fuming for being put in such a situation.

You have three options:

1. Tell her that she falsely advertised herself and leave
2. Excuse yourself and bolt
3. Drink and power through

I just got Catfished

I almost got catfished by some asian chick on tinder a while back.

I say almost because I caught her ass before she got me hook line and sinker. Now, I run a qualifier for these false advertising lizards. It's quite simple really.

As soon as I add her number, I'll open snapchat and use the "contacts list" to see if she has a snapchat. I'll add her and send a snap. Usually she'll send a selfie and that would confirm if she's real.

If you can't do that or if she doesn't have a snapchat, just say "Your pictures look taken from somewhere. Do you have an instagram?" It's pretty obvious they're taken from somewhere but the whole point of this is to ask for the instagram. You can add her or confirm the sloot right then and there.

If you can't do any of these two and her pictures still look off to you, then just ask her to send you an extra picture from her gallery. Surprisingly, some girls are really chill about this and will do it as long as you send a "private" one as well. By private, I don't mean a dick pic. I mean a picture that's not on your public profile on tinder.

Follow these steps and you won't get catfished. By the small chance that you still do, before you get to your meetup place, lock your doors and ask her to come over. Keep your foot on the pedal until you see her in clear light. If she's attractive, go for it. If not, then floor that shit out of there and don't look back.

"If men knew all that women think, they would be twenty times more daring."- Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

I just got Catfished

Ya how I got caught out is I asked for an ass pic before she went to bed. I got one nearly instantaneously so presumed it was taken on the spot. She has some experience catfishing if I had to guess.

Ya I usually get snapchats and other proof. The dick was in charge of this operation unfortunately.

I just got Catfished

Did she look like this ?

[Image: dragmeto1.jpg]

I just got Catfished

Can you give an example of a hot chick sexualizing things fast, and also how does if happen that you have tinder girls you never met offer to come and fuck in the truck? Most of the tinder girls for me are somewhat reluctant to meet up and I always have to tread with caution to not get to sexual too soon via text, or it'll scare them away. I'm curious if you have incredible text game or just model looks or what. Thanks!

I just got Catfished

This may not be an option working on an oil rig, but my preferred solution to the SIF menace is to meet at a bar that's within walking distance of my apartment (which locks down my logistics at the same time). If the girl doesn't pass the boner test, I'll either (depending on the egregiousness of the offense) get 1 beer, split the check, and make an excuse that I need to go, or straight-up end the date and walk out. This way I never lose more than 30 minutes of my time and the cost of 1 beer, which I consider an acceptable cost of doing business as long as you examine their pictures beforehand for signs of SIF-ness.

If a chick were being really sexually aggressive and wanted to go straight to fucking, same deal: make them come over to my place and be willing to kick them out if they turn out to have misrepresented themselves.

I just got Catfished

Quote: (06-09-2014 09:24 PM)Renberg Wrote:  

or

You have three options:

1. Tell her that she falsely advertised herself and leave
2. Excuse yourself and bolt
3. Drink and power through

This.

In the past I've done #2, but years of shit has given me a taste for #1. If I can't fuck a hot girl, I'll make a ugly one cry.

Man, that was a dark comment. [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

I just got Catfished

Quote: (06-09-2014 11:13 PM)thegiant Wrote:  

Can you give an example of a hot chick sexualizing things fast, and also how does if happen that you have tinder girls you never met offer to come and fuck in the truck? Most of the tinder girls for me are somewhat reluctant to meet up and I always have to tread with caution to not get to sexual too soon via text, or it'll scare them away. I'm curious if you have incredible text game or just model looks or what. Thanks!

I got a few PMs about this. Ill post up some info tomorrow. Young blood has some good posts on the tinder thread which is similar to what I do. Check out his info as well.

I just got Catfished

Jesus christ that was painful to read.

I've gotten catfished once, what i thought was an 8, turned out to be a 6.5. I ended up hanging out with her again, turned out she had a great set of tits and a nice pussy. I guess I should be thankful !

Always have a dummy proof way of confirming who a chick is, via instagram, snapchat, or having a girl take a specific picture (flipping the camera off with her tongue out in the bathroom)

I just got Catfished

or

Mostly men are gallant about an emergency extraction. This happened to me a few years ago but it was worse for me as I was in the wilderbeast's den. Luckily, her boss kept calling her from work which allowed me to leave owing to an appointment (which I'd just invented). Her picture seemed hot online.

As soon as I got to the front door, I ran.

And ran.

A lot of women have walked out of bars if their 6' internet beau turns up as 5'10" but I at least used the boss' telephone calls as a reason to eject.

On another occasion, I made the mistake of meeting a girl from PoF who had sunglasses on in all her photos. When I met her, I saw that her eyes were so weird, they were bordering sinisterville. I felt something disturbing come over me, like all my family, had been wiped out in a freak accident. It got worse and I had to excuse myself. My flatmate had to help me up the stairs to the flat and she ended up sending me to hospital. I had this deep feeling of dread run through me.

I finished that date in a hospital bed with a panic attack but at least I got away from those strange eyes. I'd never such an attack before nor any since.

I just got Catfished

I think were too specific in your meeting details. It would have been best to set up the meeting in such a way that you can check her out from afar, and bail if need be.

I just got Catfished

Quote: (06-10-2014 12:16 PM)N°6 Wrote:  

or

Mostly men are gallant about an emergency extraction. This happened to me a few years ago but it was worse for me as I was in the wilderbeast's den. Luckily, her boss kept calling her from work which allowed me to leave owing to an appointment (which I'd just invented). Her picture seemed hot online.

And ran.

A lot of women have walked out of bars if their 6' internet beau turns up as 5'10" but I at least used the boss' telephone calls as a reason to eject.

On another occasion, I made the mistake of meeting a girl from PoF who had sunglasses on in all her photos. When I met her, I saw that her eyes were so weird, they were bordering sinisterville. I felt something disturbing come over me, like all my family, had been wiped out in a freak accident. It got worse and I had to excuse myself. My flatmate had to help me up the stairs to the flat and she ended up sending me to hospital. I had this deep feeling of dread run through me.

I finished that date in a hospital bed with a panic attack but at least I got away from those strange eyes. I'd never such an attack before nor any since.
Screams for a "internet date/SIF PTSD" Meme

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I just got Catfished

Oh man [Image: lol.gif]

Thanks for sharing, glad to hear you got away safely

I've been catfished ('Thaifriendly-d') twice. Both times I excused myself and bolted.

One time I met up with a girl who brought her friend along without any notice. I couldn't be bothered to bankroll the night, plus she was kinda short. We met at the BTS, walked to the nearby market, found a table to sit at, then I said "I just need to go to the bathroom", went for a piss, realised the bathroom was nowhere near the sodding exit, walked out the bathroom, took about twenty steps back into the market area in full-view of them, then fucked off out the exit and jogged down Sukhumvit road.

Another time I met a girl who was kinda fat. I was trying to get rid of her as politely as possible. We had already gone for food at the first place I saw as I couldn't find a way to bolt off. I didn't want to leave her on her own and tried to get her to agree to go home.

She wouldn't budge. She kept wanting to go for dessert. "I think we should go and get dessert" "haha, maybe next time, I'm tired tonight" "Just one ice cream?" "ho ho, I'm on a diet" "Look a 7-11!" "ho ho ho. No thank you". She kept talking about ice cream for the ten minute walk to the BTS.

It got to the point where I said I needed to Skype my father about something important. She still kept going on about ice cream. In the end we got to Siam station and I started queuing for a ticket. She told me to 'wait there' for her and she walked into the nearby mall entrance.

After a few minutes, I got the ticket, looked around, saw she wasn't there, looked at the barriers, looked back at my feet, then legged it through to the BTS train. Two minutes later she text me saying "It's OK. I will let the ice cream melt in my hand"

I just got Catfished

Dunno about Tinder, but on OKCupid you can often identify women beyond what they show you and avoid situations like this. Run the images on Google Images and/or the woman's "handle" in Google (women will sometimes use a handle on OKC or POF they use everywhere else, so it's easy to find who they are).

Sometimes these searches turn up a Linkedin account, a photo site, or even a Facebook page. Or they'll lead you to someplace you can ID the woman and then look her up. Sidenote: even if you make your FB page private, if you post in open groups it shows up on Google and people can find you that way through image search or your name.

I've found that when you get to Facebook the pics there often don't match the ones on the dating site. On there you get to see how she really looks -- plus stuff she didn't mention (kids, living in squalor). End of catfish right there.

On top of that, some states have online databases for court cases. You'd be surprised how many so-called "drama free" women have a laundry list of court dates, lawsuits, counter-suits, wage garnishings, arrests, etc.

The blogger Gucci Little Piggy once told a story about going to meet a woman who was freakishly obese and after reading it, I decided I'd need to become amateur detective to avoid going his route.

I just got Catfished

I'm not the "dip out the back" kind of guy and prefer to deal with dishonesty upfront.

About a year ago met a girl off of Match. My profile was very specific about the fact that photos must be recent and accurate. (All of mine were.) After a couple of emails we set up a meet at a local bar. When she arrived it was clear that her photos were a decade old (By the looks of it, a HARD decade). Because my photos were actually recent, she recognized me and walked over.

I said "hi." She said, "hi." Then I simply told her that since she was not honest with me about her photos, we would not be continuing the date. I excused myself and left.

She texted me 10 minutes later and called me an asshole. No response from me. 2 hours later she texted me apologizing for everything.

Their lying and other dishonesty should be called out every time.

I just got Catfished

The first chick I met on AOL chat back in 1998 did this to me. We exchanged pics and phone numbers and talked for weeks. She lived a few hours from me and I decided to drive out to see her since our conversations had gotten increasingly sexual. When I got to her apartment and knocked, a chick who was pushing 300lbs opened and jumped in to my arms. I gently guided her back a little, turned and walked away. She caught up with me half way to my car and was crying hysterically. I didn't say a word to her and just drove off. I still dry heave a bit when I think of the shit we were saying to each other over the phone.

I just got Catfished

Quote: (06-10-2014 01:55 PM)void Wrote:  

Screams for a "internet date/SIF PTSD" Meme

[Image: smile.gif] I still have the picture of me giving the V-sign from the safety of my hospital bed. I wonder why sort of devilry she placed on me though.

I just got Catfished

Quote: (06-10-2014 12:16 PM)N°6 Wrote:  

or

And ran.

Good lord... Can someone run up a datasheet on "Penny Dreadful Game"?

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

I just got Catfished

In a side note, I feel that this belongs here.