rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Much Of Being A High Value Person Is Logistics & How Much Is Personality/Knowledg

How Much Of Being A High Value Person Is Logistics & How Much Is Personality/Knowledg

I know we talk about being a high value person. This extends to everything from women, to game, to friends and social circle to employement and career. I guess when we talk about high value it means what do you bring to the table. This could be you are the life of the party, you are charismatic and people like to be around you. Could be that you have a rare knowledge base that others need your assistance with or could even be material things you have such as you have a swimming pool so your place is the perfect party place in the summer.

This kinda got me thinking, how much of being high value is made up in your personality and knowledge and how much is logistics such as you have a boat, you have a pool, you have some tool or piece of equipment other people need, etc?

I was just thinking the other day. When your younger you always have that one friend who their house is the hangout house. Maybe it's cuz they have a fridge full of beer their parents don't keep tabs on, maybe their parents workalot and its the party spot, maybe there parents dont care how late you stay out so everyone sleeps over there.

This kind of got me thinking when your younger I think a lot of what makes you popular or high value is somewhat out of your control. When you were younger the kids who's parents bought them nicer clothes already have a step up on you. The kids who's parents are more lax are going to have the hangout house. Even as a younger person however I think how you cary yourself plays into your value because I can also think of those kids who were used by others for their car or throw parties at their house. They were't really part of the group but were used for what they have.

As you get older its not so predefined and out of your control. Obviously as you get older and either have a career or start your own business you create your value by having certain knowledge and skills. I guess in turn those skills give you money to have the things which can also make you a high value person.

I guess kinda a random subject but something I was tinking about the other day. Curious what your guys thoughts were.

As a kid, the more "unregulated" households were absolutely the best for hanging out and experimenting with fire, booze, mischief, and the like. It was great when the kid with the hangout spot was actually fun to hang with.

I do also recall some kids who weren't as popular who were ostensibly "used" for their logistics.

The most interesting case was a friend who started out more in the "used" + logistics camp, and genuinely became cooler, more laid-back, social, and popular, due to his repeated practice at playing host to the kids who at first "used" him but then began to accept him into their circle.

So even if a kid's main value is logistics, he can leverage that to get repeated opportunities to raise his pure social value as well.

Interesting how the kid area of this topic (say ages 10-15) has its own economy of social value.

Quote: (06-07-2014 03:58 PM)456 Wrote:  

As a kid, the more "unregulated" households were absolutely the best for hanging out and experimenting with fire, booze, mischief, and the like. It was great when the kid with the hangout spot was actually fun to hang with.

I do also recall some kids who weren't as popular who were ostensibly "used" for their logistics.

The most interesting case was a friend who started out more in the "used" + logistics camp, and genuinely became cooler, more laid-back, social, and popular, due to his repeated practice at playing host to the kids who at first "used" him but then began to accept him into their circle.

So even if a kid's main value is logistics, he can leverage that to get repeated opportunities to raise his pure social value as well.

Interesting how the kid area of this topic (say ages 10-15) has its own economy of social value.

You bring up some great points about how someone can transform themselves and make themselves have more value.

I guess I wasn't sure where exactly I was going with this convo but you bring up a good point that it can't just be what you have that gives value because some people are used but are not really accepted as part of the group, however on the flip side you have people who have value due to logisitcs but also are charismatic and have other things that bring value to them.

It is interesting what makes you valuable when your younger as well as older. I guess the grownup part of having the cool house would be having the pimp pad in the nightclub district of your city where everyone wants to pregame or go back to after the bars or having a boat you can take a big group of girls out on for a day of fun. I think its kind of interesting the transition of what makes you a vaulable person at different ages. In college its definately having a good drug connection makes you the coolest guy around.

As you get older I thought its intereting as well. Having things gives you value with people but having skills and connections gives you the value in the workplace and career arena. I guess also if you are a valuable person you can afford to buy things that make you more valuable.

I'm having a hard time putting into words what I'm getting at here but as an adult curious what others thing about what gives you value as well as a person. Also how can we become a more high value person?

It's really a version of the goose that lays the golden egg.

Logistics is the golden egg - the question is are you a goose that can lay more eggs?

If you just happen to stumble across a golden egg in the field you can use it to your advantage for some time but eventually it'll lose it's luster and you'll be back where you started. If you work hard and learn how to lay more golden eggs then you will always been in demand. Did you purchase your good logistics with your grandfathers inheritance? Or did you earn it either through social connections or by kicking ass at the office? People will be drawn to your logistics but the wise ones will very quickly pick up on whether or not you're a producer or someone who just got lucky. Those are the ones who'll stick around and help you get your next gig going once your current one has run it's course.

I remember in high school, I had a hookah and the bitches would flock to me.

It was fucking easy back then....

If your only value to people is your "logistics" (money, houses, etc), and you truly can't match it with personality, those using you will eventually come to completely resent you and basically just exploit you to maximum effect. You will have to continually up the ante in order to keep them interested in your company.

If you do have great wealth but no personality, it is probably best to go Gastby and just completely remove yourself from the scene you've created thereby making you an elusive object of mystery and intrigue. Even if you are doing jack shit, those using you will figure that, wherever you are, it must be that much more rarefied and elite.