rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Red pill reading for a teen?

My oldest son is going to be 15 soon and I'd like to give him a measured dose of the red pill. The problem is, most of the red pill reading I've done is not suitable for teens,maybe with the exception of Donovan's Way of Men.

Any book tips here, please?

No kids of my own. I can't think of any red pill books, maybe look around for blogs (maybe BoyToyStory?). Try some biographies of prominent men, like Arnold. Discuss - what helped him succeed? How did he prepare for opportunities? etc.

More important than books, I personally wish that when I was growing up, I had someone to

1) lead by example
-TEACH DISCIPLINE - regardless of his hobbies, teach him that you can't coast on talent. Talent is a multiplier for hard work, not a substitute.
-get him into the gym and doing other things that would help him become attractive (don't push him - show him that it pays off)
-discuss movies, books, etc. that would help growth
-teach him to think one step ahead - ask older kids about what is important at their age, think about college and what he wants to do. It's less important what you do than if you have an explanation for why you do it.

2) ask insightful, introspective questions. People watch. Teach him not to be a sheep and think for himself.
- "does that man look successful? How do you think he did it?"
- "those kids, partying and smoking every night - do you think they'll grow or be stuck in high school ten years from now?"
- "what can you do to earn respect from your peers?"
- "how can you earn some money on your own?"

3) through 1+2, make it clear that the kid can come to you for honest advice and not be judged.
-he should learn from his mistakes, but not be afraid of (excessive) punishment
-that you will take his side when it comes to giving advice.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Quote: (06-06-2014 01:46 PM)Teekay Wrote:  

My oldest son is going to be 15 soon and I'd like to give him a measured dose of the red pill. The problem is, most of the red pill reading I've done is not suitable for teens,maybe with the exception of Donovan's Way of Men.

Any book tips here, please?

Give him biographies of great men.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

The Prince by Nicola Machiavelli

Most anything written before 1960.

Bukowski is a good way to ease him into it, but it can also be a drawback as he comes off as a pretty miserable person. Of course his anger stems from not being successful with women for much of his life, but that is kind of the point you are trying to get across I assume. As long as you talk with him about it and can guide him more towards the idea of "Be aware of what you are getting into, and might have to give up" as opposed to "Alcohol is great and solves all problems".

I also found Great Expectations to be very revealing, and although the era of that book doesn't allow as much of connection to our modern world, the knowledge of hypergamy is still evident.

I would get him some good seduction courses.

Get him The Game by Neil Strauss:

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Neil-Strauss-...854&sr=1-1

Also, give him Ball Four by Jim Bouton. This book was very popular among teenage boys when it came out around 1970. It's from a time when all the bad stuff was in the closet--like Mickey Mantle's alcoholism. Bouton was so hated for writing this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Four-RosettaB...jim+bouton

Also, have him watch some old episodes of Gunsmoke. He'll see what America and men and women used to be like. There are over 600 of them:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047736/?ref_=nv_sr_1

By the "red pill" I'm assuming you mean stuff that illustrates the true nature of men & women, vs the popular notion that we're all the same except for a few odd parts.

Whatever you read, make sure you talk it over afterwards so it doesn't go over his head. A lot of this stuff I didn't understand until much later. Talk about the male characters' interactions with the female characters.

* Hemingway. Start with the short story "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber", after that maybe The Sun Also Rises, possibly A Farewell to Arms.
* I'd pick from a selection of war memoirs. I just read "One Bullet Away", and I always liked "A Rumor of War". What I'd really look at is the early chapters - why did these boys go off to war? The reasons are always the same. The remainder of the books is where the action is but the early chapters are the revealing part.
* You could always throw in some evolutionary theory. The Red Queen and The Selfish Gene are both fine for a teenager. They talk a lot about sexual reproduction, but not in a titillating way.

If things are still like they were when I was in high school, he'll have to read something like Wuthering Heights or Pride & Prejudice. These are chick-lit, but you can absolutely call out the male-female dynamics. P&P especially. Chicks still love to believe in the whole world of P&P, and it really is an old book about the modern woman - spoiled, overindulged, too much money, too much leisure time, and having to make the choice between the solid suitor and the exciting man.

Really, almost any book can be read in with a red pill interpretation.

Quote: (06-06-2014 06:04 PM)RockHard Wrote:  

Really, almost any book can be read in with a red pill interpretation.

Good suggestions by all. You should still make a point of discussing it to bring up different perspectives.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi.

http://therationalmale.com/the-book/

Good thread. My nephew is 15 and popular as shit at his school. Hangs with seniors as a freshman etc. But he's one of those kids that gets friend zoned.

I don't hang out with him often enough to really let him know what's going on. And my brother but especially his wife would get all bent out of shape if they knew I was teaching their kid how to maximize his smashing

I'm not big on family but I won't alienate my brother or mother.

So I need to find some reading material for him. I might just tell him to spend some time at ROK

+1 for Ernest Hemingway.

Also Jack Kerouac. On the Road and The Dharma Bums.

My usual introduction to game for anyone would be a link to Heartiste's 16 Commandments of Poon and then read his blog archive from the very beginning.

I agree with the Hemingway suggestion. Have him watch Sean Connery as James Bond and Mad Men.

Connery is an excellent game role model and is incredibly masculine. He sub-communicates everything incredibly well, and he's a man. Bond has become more of a wuss as time has gone on.

Mad Men is Mad Men. Don Draper is probably the best example of a masculine man on TV today. On an interesting note, a guy once told me that he didn't like Mad Men because it's "misogynist." Of course, he dates fat chicks, so who the fuck cares?

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Quote: (06-06-2014 08:32 PM)Tigre Wrote:  

+1 for Ernest Hemingway.

Also Jack Kerouac. On the Road and The Dharma Bums.

I love Kerouac, but that's one that needs guidance. You want to make sure he understands that the interesting guy is Neal Cassady, not Kerouac. Kerouac just gets friendzoned through the whole book. Same thing with The Great Gatsby, there are lessons to be learned but the narrator isn't the one giving them.

Also, Schopenhauer's On Women essay is a short good read.

Found this thread on reddit that has a bunch of good suggestions: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comme...ding_list/

^^Agreed with Schopenhauer's work and that essay isn't too difficult to read. Also seeing your sig reminds me of Walden. A dull read at times but provides some excellent advice.

Right now I'm reading the portrait of Dorian gray by Oscar Wilde and am very impressed and it has a very red pill philosophy.

Honestly though I think a 15 year old may have a hard time swallowing the red pill as he may not even have swallowed the blue pill yet. Also intense reading may go over his head. Like others have said, lead by example.

Hemingway was my introduction to the red pill lifestyle. Nothing could have been more of an influence for me in high school. The Sun Also Rises, For Whom the Bell Tollls, and The Old Man and the Sea are musts. As stated earlier The Prince. Brave New World by Aldous Huxely and Homage to Catalonia as well. Not recommended but Goethe's Faust Part One and Part Two are recent inspirations. Easily my favorite books.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

How could I forget Kerouac. On the Road is an absolute must.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

I was a teen not too long ago. I would say one of the most important things for him to learn is game. Getting girls and most of all knowing that it is an aspect of your life that you need to improve on, in order to get better results. Would be fantastic for him, it will also seep into other aspects of his life.
It is good, that he has a father like you.

Superb tips, thanks so much. Kerouac and Hemingway - how could I forgot? Especially Kerouac meant a lot to me when I was a teen, although as RockHard mentions, he's not the one to follow.

Dangerandplay
Wallstreetplayboys
RVF

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I would give him the same seduction materials that are intended for men. Ross Jeffries is as good as any of them, and they can definitely be applied to teens. Ross was also teaching his nephew's this stuff when they were teens.

He's 15, so it's a good time for him to learn good habits that he will have for the rest of his life. He will thank you in the long run.

"The Red Pill" is pretty all-encompassing term for unpleasant truths, usually politically incorrect ideas. The Way of Men is a great read, should be mandatory reading for all men. Your son is 15, so I am not sure what he has been exposed to so far, but I know when I was 15, I was pretty much aware of a lot of inappropriate stuff.

Bang, Day Bang, and the Rational Male all are good reads. Learning game could help him prepare to meet chicks in college. He'll probably be hooking up so you might as well equip him with some useful knowledge about interacting with women.

Worthless by Aaron Clarey since he is only a couple years away from making decisions about college. Aaron Clarey has other good books like Enjoy the Decline and Bachelor Pad Economics.

Starting Strength and the Paleo Manifesto for health stuff.

For politics, avoid all the mainstream radio personality crap like Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, etc. Try The Road to Serfdom by Hayek, End the Fed by Ron Paul, What Has Government Done to Our Money by Rothbard. Democracy The God that Failed by Hans-Hermann Hoppe. Generally anything from the Mises Institute is good for political philosophy whether your son is a conservative, libertarian or reactionary.

For fiction, he could read Fight Club.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Book of Pook. By far the best item for a young man to read. No bullshit about politics, just lots of talk about self-improvement.

http://www.returnofkings.com/9544/the-au...manosphere

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (06-06-2014 03:02 PM)calihunter Wrote:  

Don't give him that... it's incredibly boring.

Give him The 48 Laws Of Power.

Quote: (06-09-2014 01:43 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2014 03:02 PM)calihunter Wrote:  

Don't give him that... it's incredibly boring.

Give him The 48 Laws Of Power.

I read The Prince when I was 16. I enjoyed it but I was always a pretty bookish kid. It's already been said but a few biographies on successful men, from Alexander the Great to Tony Hawk to Napoleon. Have him read a few and then ask him what they have in common. (hint: Hardwork, and a willingness to do what they needed to to despite what others say) A few discussions that really ingrain self improvement into him from a young age will pay big dividends throughout his life.

But don't throw a bunch of work at him, take him to the gym twice a week, grab a copy of the same biography that you gave him, lead by example.