rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Teens Are Becoming Even Wimpier Than Before

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/05/...t=20140528

Quote:Quote:

If you think that teenagers are becoming weaklings, you're right.

Less than half of youths ages 12 to 15 are even close to being aerobically fit, according to data released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That's down from 52 percent of youths in 1999 to 2000, the last time this survey was conducted. It measures "adequate" levels of cardiorespiratory fitness, which children need not only for sports but for good health.

And that was true regardless of a child's race and family income.

Girls were particularly out of shape, with just 34 percent of them having adequate cardiovascular health, compared to 50 percent of boys. But 50 percent isn't so great.

Only 1/3rd of American girls are physically fit. That's what's coming down the pipeline.

Cardiovascular health means nothing if you can't lift anything.

You need both.

What does it mean to have "adequate" cardiovascular health? Being able to run for X minutes, having a certain lung capacity or something like that? I'd be curious to see exact criteria to put this in perspective.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Here's the study http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db153.htm

And yet every single one of those slobs has on average 10 boys willing to put up with their entitlement and give them attention on social media and real life.

Quote: (05-29-2014 06:16 AM)funkyzeit Wrote:  

And yet every single one of those slobs has on average 10 boys willing to put up with their entitlement and give them attention on social media.

That's called "tragedy of the commons".

1) If women are getting zero attention, whomever gives them attention will probably get laid.

2) If everyone does this, then women will be drowning in attention and no one will get laid.

There will be no mass boycott of #2 because #1 is eternally true. Giving attention works if you're just one of the few giving it. The problem is, everyone wants to be in these few. In a sense, attention is a currency that is doomed to be stuck in hyperinflation.

It's a vicious circle.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (05-29-2014 06:22 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

And yet every single one of those slobs has on average 10 boys willing to put up with their entitlement and give them attention on social media.

1) If women are getting zero attention, whomever gives them attention will probably get laid.

2) If everyone does this, then women will be drowning in attention and no one will get laid.

There will be no mass boycott of #2 because #1 is eternally true. Giving attention works if you're just one of the few giving it. The problem is, everyone wants to be in these few. In a sense, attention is a currency that is doomed to be stuck in hyperinflation.

It's a vicious circle.

This is why we hate betas.

Indeed, but that's also my point: if all betas suddenly stopped giving attention to women, you or me would be the first to jump in to reap the spoils, jump-starting the process again. It's an endless cycle.

Giving attention is currently unprofitable for men, which means more and more men will over time realize this and start withdrawing attention. At this point, when giving attention becomes profitable, people will start jumping in, and it will by its nature spin out of control until it becomes unprofitable again. And so on and so on.

Blame the game, not the player (or beta).

Quote: (05-29-2014 05:24 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Less than half of youths ages 12 to 15 are even close to being aerobically fit, according to data released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That's down from 52 percent of youths in 1999 to 2000, the last time this survey was conducted. It measures "adequate" levels of cardiorespiratory fitness, which children need not only for sports but for good health.

Girls were particularly out of shape, with just 34 percent of them having adequate cardiovascular health, compared to 50 percent of boys. But 50 percent isn't so great.

Only 1/3rd of American girls are physically fit. That's what's coming down the pipeline.

"Only 1/3rd of American girls are physically fit. That's what's coming down the pipeline."

That's what's getting stuck in the pipeline. That poor pipeline.

Quote: (05-29-2014 06:46 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Indeed, but that's also my point: if all betas suddenly stopped giving attention to women, you or me would be the first to jump in to reap the spoils, jump-starting the process again. It's an endless cycle.

Giving attention is currently unprofitable for men, which means more and more men will over time realize this and start withdrawing attention. At this point, when giving attention becomes profitable, people will start jumping in, and it will by its nature spin out of control until it becomes unprofitable again. And so on and so on.

So it seems that everything in this world is cyclic and the wise man knows when to reap and when to sow.

No action in itself is right or wrong, the timing matters.

I've noticed this trend. Early 20s girls are noticeably chunkier than early 20s men and both are chunkier than my peers were at that age.

Just the other day driving to dinner with wifey, we saw a mother and daughter walking down the street together. Daughter was probably 20 and mom was 50ish.

Wifey: "oh my god, the mom is in much better shape than the daughter."

The mom was a typical 50ish American woman, so definitely no fitness model by any stretch, but the daughter was 20-30lbs overweight.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

I saw a picture in the paper yesterday of about 30 highschool girls who were honor grads and the first thing out of my mouth was "God damn thats a lot of chubby girls." There were only a few that weren't carrying extra weight.

Of course I had no one to delve into a conversation about it with. The people I was surrounded by were all obese as well..... they prally got offended by my comment.

Its not just kids being chubby, fat, and unhealthy either. They are literally getting dumber and dumber. An they don't know how to interact with one another without a iphone or tablet.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

You're correct in the particulars. The difference between the players and betas is that the betas dole out attention far beyond the point at which it is advantageous. It's like watering your lawn after it's already water-logged. The player is like a real estate investor who knows when the price is too high and quits looking to buy. At that point, he looks to other assets, like bonds or stocks, to invest his money.

Remember that doling out attention is not free - it requires expending time, time that could be spent in pursuing girls in more effective ways or on other activities altogether. While the cost of a man doling out attention to women is getting cheaper by the day, thanks to mass communication technologies, I'd contend that the Net Pussy Value of these attention-giving mechanisms is under zero, indicating that betas are throwing so much energy into it that it's counter-productive.

So I would say it is NOT a tragedy of the commons, because betas still experience personal costs from what they're doing, even if they're not aware of it. In a real tragedy of the commons, you're still personally benefitting while devaluing the commons.

Quote: (05-29-2014 06:22 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

It's a vicious circle.

Its only a vicious circle if you make it so.

Its standard game practice to not give girls attention. I think its more effective in general too. Not just collectively, but individually(which is what matters)

I'd be interested in seeing it extended from 13-15 to 13-20. I remember getting on the treadmill and running 3 or so miles while the girl next to me was sweating after a mile at a lesser speed.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

I think its a combination of video games, tv and the internet making kids stay inside as opposed to playing pickup games of football, baseball, basketball, riding bikes, rollerblading, etc. I stayed very fit as a kid because in the summer from 8am to about 9 pm i was out either playing sports or riding bikes exploring climbing. Even after school we didn't sit inside we played tackle football in someones backyard. These days everyone hops on xbox or facebook and does their hanging out virtually.

Also as far as wimpiness not just in terms of strenght but overlal and attitude and everything. Bike helmets, stranger danger, helicopter parents, 0 tolerance towards fighting in schools, anti bullying, this is all part of the pussification of america.

Quote: (05-29-2014 09:29 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

You're correct in the particulars. The difference between the players and betas is that the betas dole out attention far beyond the point at which it is advantageous. It's like watering your lawn after it's already water-logged. The player is like a real estate investor who knows when the price is too high and quits looking to buy. At that point, he looks to other assets, like bonds or stocks, to invest his money.

Remember that doling out attention is not free - it requires expending time, time that could be spent in pursuing girls in more effective ways or on other activities altogether. While the cost of a man doling out attention to women is getting cheaper by the day, thanks to mass communication technologies, I'd contend that the Net Pussy Value of these attention-giving mechanisms is under zero, indicating that betas are throwing so much energy into it that it's counter-productive.

So I would say it is NOT a tragedy of the commons, because betas still experience personal costs from what they're doing, even if they're not aware of it. In a real tragedy of the commons, you're still personally benefitting while devaluing the commons.
I agree it sounds more like stag hunt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stag_hunt
Betas are trading off a better situation for everyone including themselves because they cant cooperate and are being too short-sighted. If everyone stop putting up with girl bs, there would be no incentives give in to girl BS since you would not be getting a better girl by pandering to her.

This is a trust and coordination game and has many parallels to an arms race which also tends to be analyzed through a stag hunt/security dilemma. This means the solution is similar, defectors/white knights need to be punished (prevention of defecting), everyone needs to be aware of defectors/white knights (monitoring), all betas should be aware of the fact every round of defection leads to everyone being worse off (changing the game to long-term pay-offs vs short-term), and stop letting girls get away with bad behavior (social norming) .

Cardio and strength usually go together from my experience.

Not surprised by this, as kids are indoor on FB and the computer. Instead of outside with their friends like they should be.

Asian girls don't exercise but they are thin.

Western girls need to change their diets, not run on a treadmill.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Is this coming from the same health organization that claims that a full quarter of your body being made out of lard (25% BMI) is "normal"?

Quote: (06-19-2014 03:58 AM)germanico Wrote:  

Is this coming from the same health organization that claims that a full quarter of your body being made out of lard (25% BMI) is "normal"?
That was my thought as well. However, it is hard to correlate cardio wellness and body fat with kids. I imagine the skinny kids that play video games all day had just as hard time as the cupcake hounds.