rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White teeth

White teeth

Just a few random observations.

My family could not afford braces for me when I was little. Although they were not that crooked, I got invisalign when I was in my early 30s and they become perfectly straight. I then used the final invisalign tray and whitening gel that you can buy online to whiten them.

I must say, even though they were ok before, it was one of the best investments I have made for me, and for game.

I have gotten used to the brightness, but no matter what country I go to, my smile and teeth always get compliments from the ladies and definitely gets them interested. I suppose they are movie star white/straight, but I am used to them so I don't notice them that much. I drink soda and coffee every day, so I touch them up when they need it, and the gel is not that expensive on amazon.

I would definitely recommend it if you can. I can't tell you how many times I have meet a girl, particularly if in a poor country, and she is just staring at my teeth. It definitely increases the desire of the girl to kiss you all things being equal. Its what these poor girls are used to seeing from movie stars on the movie screen.

Just a few musings since I was at a club in San Jose Costa Rica last night and apparently I had the best teeth in the club haha.

White teeth

Reminds me of this Colgate advertisement. First thing people notice is your teeth.
[Image: colgate-ad-teeth-commercial.jpg]

Do you have any recommendations for the whitening gel? I am switching from metal to Invisalign in a few weeks.

White teeth

I've read in a couple sources (one of them Younger Next Year) that nothing makes you look older than bad/yellow teeth. Not gray hair, not wrinkles, not bad skin, it's your teeth. I use a whitener gel on Amazon, but most products work. Crest Advanced Seal work too but the level of pain from the highest strength ones was nearly unbearable.

White teeth

What product are you using Ohionukes ?

No ugly women, just lazy women.

White teeth

I am interested in this but don't know where to begin. I have good teeth in terms of straightness and quality but they are slightly yellow -- does the whitening toothpastes really work? How about those gels -- are those just bad for your teeth? What can hygienists do?

White teeth

I'd be careful about using the whitener gels all that often, they really murder your gums. I suspect that with the increased availability we've seen of whiteners in the last decade well start seeing plenty of gum related dental problems later in this generation.

White teeth

Hints for teeth whitening/replies.

I am not a dentist, but did a lot of research about teeth widening. I think as long as you take good care of your teeth and gums, and don't overdo the whitening (i mean, like every week) I would not worry about gum health. I have been self bleaching my teeth for over ten years, and the dentist and dental hygienist has repeated commented on my healthy gums. The gel is actually a form of hydrogen peroxide that you see in other products, and actually kills all the germs around the gum line. Hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous if overused in some circumstances, but if you don't go crazy and abuse it, I would not be that concerned.

My routine? I use the sonic toothbrush. I don't think there is a better toothbrush out there and I can really tell the difference when I travel and only bring along a manual toothbrush. Brush twice a day at least, floss before bed, and I use mouthwash containing CPC. I like to chew gum, and always get the tooth whitening gum in bulk at sams club/costco. I feel every little bit can help the whitening process, as well as maintain good dental health.

I actually enjoy going to the dentist for my semiannual cleaning, so I like to take advantage of the deep plaque scraping and cleaning they do. Anyime from the same day or 2-3 days after a dental cleaning, I like do my touch up bleaching if needed.

Before bleaching, your dental work should be in good shape. You don't want to be bleaching your teeth if you have a cavity or significant gum disease. The bleach will likely irritate your gums, so you want to start off with healthy gums. I would recommend NOT brushing or flossing right before bleaching since doesn't that things may slightly irritate your gums. I have done it without any serious problems, but I try to play it safe and wait an hour or two so I can maximize the amount of time I can leave the trays in before the gum discomfort is too much. I think having a well fitting bleaching tray helps reduct gum irritation too. My invisalign tray is form fitting and ideal although I am sure other trays work too.

I use Opalescence PF 35%. The 35% concentration is pretty strong. I would recommend starting off with a weaker concentration. This will allow you to judge your sensitivity to the gel, both gums as well as tooth sensitivity. The gel can make your teeth sensitive to hot and cold. I found this to be a bigger problem when I was over aggressive in my bleaching. You can sleep with the gel overnight if the strength is low, but I was doing that with high strength gel and it made my teeth sensitive. I stopped doing that and I can drink cold sodas and hot coffee with no discomfort now.

Since I use the 35% gel, it usually takes about 15 minutes before my gums hurt enough that I want to take the tray out of my mouth and rinse. You will feel it, but it doesn't kill me. The gums are a little red, but not noticeable and 20 minutes later I feel back to normal with a killer white smile.

My teeth were fairly yellow before I started my bleaching, and it is all gone. Any coffee and soda stains, gone. I don't smoke anything, so I don't have to worry about those stains. This bleaching does not help tetracycline staining, so don't try to bleach those away.

I think dentist bleaching is just an expensive racquet. You can do the exact same thing at home for a small fraction of the cost and time, and touch things up whenever you want. Like I said, just take it easy at the beginning until you know how your teeth and gums respond. When you get to the look you want, you will never settle for less than a white smile again.

White teeth

Quote: (05-26-2014 02:12 AM)ohionukes Wrote:  

Hints for teeth whitening/replies.

I am not a dentist, but did a lot of research about teeth widening.

[Image: 844170_9bdd_625x1000.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

White teeth

Quote: (05-25-2014 06:11 PM)ohionukes Wrote:  

My family could not afford braces for me when I was little. Although they were not that crooked, I got invisalign when I was in my early 30s and they become perfectly straight. I then used the final invisalign tray and whitening gel that you can buy online to whiten them.

I must say, even though they were ok before, it was one of the best investments I have made for me, and for game.

I have gotten used to the brightness, but no matter what country I go to, my smile and teeth always get compliments from the ladies and definitely gets them interested. I suppose they are movie star white/straight, but I am used to them so I don't notice them that much. I drink soda and coffee every day, so I touch them up when they need it, and the gel is not that expensive on amazon.

I would definitely recommend it if you can. I can't tell you how many times I have meet a girl, particularly if in a poor country, and she is just staring at my teeth. It definitely increases the desire of the girl to kiss you all things being equal. Its what these poor girls are used to seeing from movie stars on the movie screen.

Just a few musings since I was at a club in San Jose Costa Rica last night and apparently I had the best teeth in the club haha.

can you upload a pic of your smile? I get compliments on my teeth but I think they carry a hint of yellow. I don't drink soda, coffee nor smoke. They've always been like that.

I wanna see what the big fuss is about.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

White teeth

All you need for ridiculously white teeth is baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.

Take the baking soda and add a couple drops of water to make a paste, then brush your teeth like normal for a couple minutes.

Then make a solution of half hydrogen peroxide, half water and gargle for a minute or so.

Do this for 2 weeks straight and I promise you your teeth will be whiter than they have ever been in your life.

Total cost - about 3 bucks.

White teeth

Try tumeric.

Warnings: buy two toothbrushes - one for brushing with tumeric and one for normal toothpaste.

Don't brush your teeth wearing a white shirt and try not to let it splat on the bathroom mirror.

Learn Spanish Game Latinas
http://pickupspanish.com/

White teeth

has anyone tried "activated charcoal" in loose powder form? a few chicks told me it works wonders.

I'm paranoid about brushing with baking soda (I'm going to give it a shot though). I have been rinsing/ gargling with peroxide. don't see a huge difference. though, they do feel a hell of a lot cleaner.

White teeth

Quote: (07-03-2014 03:59 PM)Mr. Butterworth Wrote:  

has anyone tried "activated charcoal" in loose powder form? a few chicks told me it works wonders.

I've been using it recently. It does work to a degree, but your teeth look really clean more than dazzling white. If you have good teeth but you've been drinking a bit of coffee it might be all you need.

I think it's good to first get the shade you want through other treatments, then maintain with the charcoal.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

White teeth

Quote: (05-26-2014 03:59 PM)Farmageddon Wrote:  

All you need for ridiculously white teeth is baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.

Take the baking soda and add a couple drops of water to make a paste, then brush your teeth like normal for a couple minutes.

Then make a solution of half hydrogen peroxide, half water and gargle for a minute or so.

Do this for 2 weeks straight and I promise you your teeth will be whiter than they have ever been in your life.

Total cost - about 3 bucks.

I love incredibly dangerous-sounding DIY remedies like this.

Is hydrogen peroxide the active ingredient in commercial whitening pastes?

Quote: (07-03-2014 03:59 PM)Mr. Butterworth Wrote:  

I'm paranoid about brushing with baking soda (I'm going to give it a shot though). I have been rinsing/ gargling with peroxide. don't see a huge difference. though, they do feel a hell of a lot cleaner.

I don't understand. Are you more worried about having baking soda (a common baking ingredient) in your mouth than hydrogen peroxide (the germicidal bleach)?

Ethan Amarante's datasheets:
*Glasgow

White teeth

^^ I suppose I'm just crazy. something about the baking soda rubs me wrong. felt the same about peroxide as well before finally taking the bullet...

I have to brace myself for these things

White teeth

@rawgod

have you try the baking soda/ peroxide combo?

White teeth

I got a Sonicare toothbrush and it's worked wonders. Took the coffee stains right off the front of my teeth after a few weeks of use.

White teeth

Quote: (07-03-2014 09:16 PM)Mr. Butterworth Wrote:  

@rawgod

have you try the baking soda/ peroxide combo?

I haven't, but I've used commercial hydrogen peroxide gel. The home-made recipe should work but I'd be careful not to use too great a concentration.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

White teeth

For those who have tried whitening products, how stained were your teeth before?

White teeth

Something I figured out yesterday and figured I'd share...

This year I've been drinking a lot of coffee and tea. I started to notice stains on my teeth. I didn't know how to get rid of them.. no amount of brushing worked. I got my teeth cleaned at the dentist and the stains went away. About a month later the stains started coming back. I was using a toothbrush with "soft" bristles. Yesterday I bought a toothbrush with "hard" bristles, and after the first time I used it the stains went away. So now I use the soft toothbrush to clean my gums and my back teeth, and I use the hard toothbrush to scrub plaque off of my front teeth that people see.

This could be useful for coffee/tea drinkers.

White teeth

where the hell do I find the regular old school baking soda?

can't seem to located it

EDIT: FOUND IT!

White teeth

Have a few questions for OP about invisalign. My teeth are not straight and I hate my smile. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a fucked up grill really, but my teeth are a little crowded and my smile is just not that great. Years ago my dentist recommended invisalign but I never bothered to look into it.

How much did it cost you and how long did it take? Were your teeth pretty crooked before or was it just a mild adjustment? How uncomfortable was the process?

White teeth

Quote: (05-26-2014 06:11 PM)copac Wrote:  

Try tumeric.

Warnings: buy two toothbrushes - one for brushing with tumeric and one for normal toothpaste.

Don't brush your teeth wearing a white shirt and try not to let it splat on the bathroom mirror.

Haha. You've got to be joking. Please explain this, because turmeric is such a strong dye that it could probably permanently discolor your teeth.

Guys, if you brush your teeth with turmeric, you'll have BROWN teeth.

Additionally, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide do work wonders. It may take a little time, but these will whiten your teeth fantastically.

However, be careful with the baking soda. It is very abrasive and will rub away your enamel if you over do it.

And for everyone else, please brush gently and use a SOFT brush for most of your teeth brushing. Don't be like me who used a harder brush, brushed too hard, and wore away enamel, gum, and my teeth.

My teeth still look great but I caused a ton of damage that I have to address.

People think they have to brush hard to get their teeth clean and that is bullshit. All you need is a soft and light brush of your teeth and you are good to go.

Most importantly, flossing is the key to healthy teeth and gums. Floss using a floss with not too much thickness and use those individual sticks that have an easier angle. Toss the floss that comes in the little containers. It sucks.

Scientific evidence shows that by flossing even once a day or a few times a week etc is enough to save your teeth in a big way. It is not about removing food or debris. It is about breaking up the bacteria once a day or so that totally disturbs it.

Breaking up the bacteria with floss is the goal and it is as simple as that. If you do that it will never build up or cause problems. So brush lightly, break up bacteria with floss to prevent that shit from taking hold, and you'll have great teeth.

Additionally, try to remineralize your teeth. There are many products. Elmex gel is awesome and xylitol is also good. Both prevent bacteria from eating away at your teeth etc, and the flouride in the Elmex gel actually remineralizes your teeth. The sodium fluoride in toothpaste sucks and doesn't do much of anything I believe.

White teeth

Quote: (07-14-2014 12:20 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Have a few questions for OP about invisalign. My teeth are not straight and I hate my smile. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a fucked up grill really, but my teeth are a little crowded and my smile is just not that great. Years ago my dentist recommended invisalign but I never bothered to look into it.

How much did it cost you and how long did it take? Were your teeth pretty crooked before or was it just a mild adjustment? How uncomfortable was the process?

Check out the Inman aligner, if the crowding isn't too bad the Inman aligner can sort it in about 6 months. I had one to fix some crowding on my bottom teeth and now they are fine. It's much cheaper than Invisalign also.

White teeth

Quote: (07-16-2014 01:15 AM)Inspired Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2014 06:11 PM)copac Wrote:  

Try tumeric.

Haha. You've got to be joking. Please explain this, because turmeric is such a strong dye that it could probably permanently discolor your teeth.

Guys, if you brush your teeth with turmeric, you'll have BROWN teeth.

Additionally, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide do work wonders. It may take a little time, but these will whiten your teeth fantastically.

However, be careful with the baking soda. It is very abrasive and will rub away your enamel if you over do it.

And for everyone else, please brush gently and use a SOFT brush for most of your teeth brushing. Don't be like me who used a harder brush, brushed too hard, and wore away enamel, gum, and my teeth.

My teeth still look great but I caused a ton of damage that I have to address.

People think they have to brush hard to get their teeth clean and that is bullshit. All you need is a soft and light brush of your teeth and you are good to go.

Most importantly, flossing is the key to healthy teeth and gums. Floss using a floss with not too much thickness and use those individual sticks that have an easier angle. Toss the floss that comes in the little containers. It sucks.

Scientific evidence shows that by flossing even once a day or a few times a week etc is enough to save your teeth in a big way. It is not about removing food or debris. It is about breaking up the bacteria once a day or so that totally disturbs it.

Breaking up the bacteria with floss is the goal and it is as simple as that. If you do that it will never build up or cause problems. So brush lightly, break up bacteria with floss to prevent that shit from taking hold, and you'll have great teeth.

Additionally, try to remineralize your teeth. There are many products. Elmex gel is awesome and xylitol is also good. Both prevent bacteria from eating away at your teeth etc, and the flouride in the Elmex gel actually remineralizes your teeth. The sodium fluoride in toothpaste sucks and doesn't do much of anything I believe.

I had bad gums for years since my teenager years because I never flossed. I started to floss daily couple of months ago and my gums look very healthy & pink now. Just by flossing 2-3 months daily I got great results. Teeth look way better as well. I have had way less acne as well(not that I had much before though) -- it seems that the inflammation in gums may cause problems elsewhere in the body.

Tip: if you aren't flossing already, start now.