rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Daygame and False Time Constraints

What are your experiences with using a false time constraint (FTC) when cold approaching during the day?

It seems to a very old PUA technique, but hasn't been discussed exhaustingly here, so I'm interested in your views on it.

Quick definition of the FTC: A statement you make when opening a girl to communicate that you will not be able to remain long, reassuring her that you will not take up too much of their time.

Example: "Excuse, I actually need to get back to work and only got a minute left. But I just saw you over there and wanted to introduce myself/say hi... blabla"

I haven't used this in a while but I seem to remember that my chances of getting the number were slightly higher when I resorted to a FTC during the approach.

I like what it communicates:

1) Since you make clear from the very beginning that you only got a minute, you likely don't appear as a random "creepy" guy who might drag her into a long, uncomfortable conversation. This might loosen up your target and ease the conversation.

2) You present yourself as a man who has an interesting and busy life. When you tell her you don't have much time for the conversation, you create a feeling of scarcity, which can make your presence more valuable for her.

What is your stance on this? Are FTCs great, overrated or just bullshit?

Quote: (05-19-2014 03:31 PM)Flint Wrote:  

What are your experiences with using a false time constraint (FTC) when cold approaching during the day?

It seems to a very old PUA technique, but hasn't been discussed exhaustingly here, so I'm interested in your views on it.

Quick definition of the FTC: A statement you make when opening a girl to communicate that you will not be able to remain long, reassuring her that you will not take up too much of their time.

Example: "Excuse, I actually need to get back to work and only got a minute left. But I just saw you over there and wanted to introduce myself/say hi... blabla"

I haven't used this in a while but I seem to remember that my chances of getting the number were slightly higher when I resorted to a FTC during the approach.

I like what it communicates:

1) Since you make clear from the very beginning that you only got a minute, you likely don't appear as a random "creepy" guy who might drag her into a long, uncomfortable conversation. This might loosen up your target and ease the conversation.

2) You present yourself as a man who has an interesting and busy life. When you tell her you don't have much time for the conversation, you create a feeling of scarcity, which can make your presence more valuable for her.

What is your stance on this? Are FTCs great, overrated or just bullshit?

I think that they're bad because they prevent insta-dates. I've cockblocked myself by setting time parameters; there have been approaches where I had great kino, great momentum, and a dorm room only ten minutes away, but my "appointment in five minutes" made it impossible for me to bounce the girl and get a SDL.

Personally, I'd evaluate the situation based on her giving you IOIs, and her mood. If there is a little coldness, I'd probably eject by saying you're meeting your friends, you have to go get lunch etc. Get the number and try to re-initiate at a later time.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

They might work, but for Daygame I truly think they are not needed since they might remind the Girl of where she was going, especialy if you go direct

If the girl does not take a fancy to you or indifferent to you, she'll use it to help her exit the scene especially its a moving set.

Quote: (05-20-2014 12:28 AM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

They might work, but for Daygame I truly think they are not needed since they might remind the Girl of where she was going, especialy if you go direct
You generally abstain from going direct in day game unless she makes huge eye contact before opening. And if she gives this massive IOI, its not likely that she will want to eject, so you don't have to use a false time constraint. It's situational, read the situation, act accordingly.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Instead of asking try it out a lot and post whether it's great, overrated or just bullshit.