rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"When I first started reading the RVF....." (Fun thread for humor/history)

I've noticed comments come up in threads/chat before, about some of the funny misconceptions people had when they first started reading the RVF.

Now I know we have threads about how people found the RVF in the first place, but I did a search and didn't find anything similar to what I'm proposing for this thread, especially since lots of people lurked well before they posted.

So, when I first started reading the RVF:

- I always confused Cardguy and Beyond Borders, most likely because of their avatars. But even now I still think they could be brothers from different mothers.

- I didn't know who was a mod, so going by some of the people with the most posts/reps, I'm pretty sure I thought El Mech, The G Manifesto, and Aliblahba were all mods. Can you imagine what a shit show that would be?

- Pretty sure the descriptions under some of the subforums used to be different, since I showed a buddy the forum and the first thing he asked was where I was planning to "slay the local women"

- I didn't get what HB7 meant, or HB5, then I found out it's older PUA speak for Hot Babe _____ (numerical rank out of 10). To this day I still think that's a contradiction in terms, and straight up retarded.

- I thought the DR was just one of many interchangeable Caribbean countries where people from North America went for all inclusive resort vacations. Dozens of wild data sheets later, I have been corrected...

Post up your first impressions, funny misconceptions, expectations on how often you'd be using the forum, what you'd get out of it or contribute, etc.

I am still confused that we have a member called Bacon and a member called Bacan.

Luckily I am good buddies with one of them (Bacon) via PMs - so I am not as confused as I used to be.

Or should be.

I am surprised that we have so many black members as well. Not that I have a problem of cause - but for some reason I always associated internet forums with white guys. Maybe because on the magic forums I go on there are no black guys.

For some reason - black guys don't do much magic.

When I first lurked - I used to think that having an outright ban on women joining the forum was a bit extreme. Not that I thought many women would want to join. But now I think it is sensible and the most obvious thing in the world to do. This forum would quickly go downhill with women. It would ruin the dynamic.

I used to get GMac and Gmanifesto mixed up when I first joined. And I always assumed the good looking guy in Gmac's avatar was him.

I am assuming it wasn't.

I used to get WestCoast and Christian Mcqueen mixed up a bit as well. Not sure why...

Now - of course - since people were able to change their names - I am more confused than I have ever being. I think changing your name on a forum is just incredibly confusing.

Although I have thought about changing my name from cardguy to Cardguy.

Hey Cardguy,

As long as you don't change your name to Hague, that will be fine with me.

Ha! Okay...

Also - I always felt El Mechanico and Aliblabha had similar vibes to their posts.

Brothers from a different mother.

When I first started reading the threads I kept seeing AMOG and I thought "Who the fuck is AMOG?"

Life is good

Quote: (05-18-2014 04:35 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I used to get GMac and Gmanifesto mixed up when I first joined. And I always assumed the good looking guy in Gmac's avatar was him.

I am assuming it wasn't.

I always had assumed people looked like their avatar(Actually, assumed they were their avatar). Like Kosko or Ali or Rionomad or Basil or Teedub or Walder or Nascimento etc...

No, Im not stalkerish enough to remember all those names, I just pictured them as their avatar, and now am taking the time to look through the member list to prove my point.

I also assume Vincent is definitely his avatar.

So apparently people get Beyond Borders and me mixed up?

I always wondered why he has more rep points than me.

Makes sense now...

I thought CG and BB were the same. I kept asking "who the fuck is emech, gman, and ali?! I never see those names on the forum!" ....I found out that those were shorthand.

I was fascinated with the BKK thread and DR thread that I read all of them and confused who was who to the point I wrote a list down.

I thought that guy dash was the shit and deb was a pedo. Now I think dash is full of shhhh and deb is still a pedo.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (05-18-2014 04:29 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I am still confused that we have a member called Bacon and a member called Bacan.

Luckily I am good buddies with one of them (Bacon) via PMs - so I am not as confused as I used to be.

Or should be.

I am surprised that we have so many black members as well. Not that I have a problem of cause - but for some reason I always associated internet forums with white guys. Maybe because on the magic forums I go on there are no black guys.

For some reason - black guys don't do much magic.

What confused me was all of the acronyms.
KINO
PUA
IOI
And so on. Thanks God someone posted a list of this shit. I felt like I needed a Rosetta Stone.

And cardguy, blacks do participate in magic.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

First I always mixed up Hencredible and VP for some reason.
For a long time I had the impression that LeightonBlackstock was a black guy.

Many avatars are confusing. When you take a closer look you'll notice that it isn't always what you thought it was.

And yeah. I have always thought cardguy looks like Preston in Jackass [Image: smile.gif]

Also, I thought RioNomad was George St.Pierre

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

speakeasy's avatar was etched in my mind early on, as I have a poster of a Concorde in my bedroom.