rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kobo eReaders

Kobo eReaders

I am trying to decide between purchasing a Kindle Paperwhite or a Kobo Aura eReader. I am leaning towards the Kobo Aura, as it can take a microSD card, supports the ePub format, is lighter in weight, and reportedly has a longer battery life. However, I am wondering how difficult it would be (or if it is even possible) to load Kindle eBooks onto a Kobo eReader. I like the selection of books that Amazon/Kindle offer, however I am not that crazy about the Kindle eReader itself.

Does anyone have a Kobo eReader? How do you find it?

Kobo eReaders

I don't own one but I heard it's pretty easy to load kindle ebooks on it, you just have to use Calibre (or a similar program) to convert the kindle file to an ePub format.

Kobo eReaders

Have both. Kindle PaperWhite has a friendlier interface, bigger screen. I find it way better, and the ePUB thing is not really a concern, as you can convert all ePUBs to MOBI easily and it works perfectly. Amazon lets you download a sample of a book (usually a chapter) and this turns out to be very useful.

Kobo eReaders

I own a Kobo Glo and it is very easy to put Amazon books on it. All you need is a software called Calibre that's completely free. Once you download your book to your KindlePc you open up your My Kindle Content folder, highlight the files with the blue book icons and drag and drop over to your Calibre window. Then all you have to do is click "send to device"

Kobo eReaders

I have the Kindle Touch and Kobo Aura HD. I got the latter due to concerns that Amazon could remotely delete files from your library. However I have to concede that the Kindle seems much more intuitive to use, and I'd expect that would carry onto their later models. The Kobo Aura HD is high resolution and has a backlight, slightly larger though, so won't fit in your jacket pocket. You can technically load .mobi files on it but i've had trouble with formatting and .epub seems cleaner.

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Kobo eReaders

I own a kobo. It works great but I'd recommend a kindle. For the price difference you may as well

Kobo eReaders

I've got a Kobo and it's very good. At the time, it was the only ereader that had both e-ink & screen-light.

OTOH, it does sometimes seem to go Windows '98 on you, with fixed screens & resets and all. But if it works, it works fine.

Also, for internet use, it's worse than useless.

Kobo eReaders

Here they compare the two: http://www.teleread.com/review/kindle-pa...ks+Home%29