rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is your favorite denim brand?

As a general rule I couldn't see paying more than $120 tops for nice jeans. I think above that it just becomes label prestige and quality doesn't improve enough to justify a $250 pair over a $120 pair.

Last September I bought these jeans for about $110 at Macy's, the Evan-X slim cut by David Bitton in the same distressed indigo as this:

[Image: 19380BM16074_VCD_lg_d2_v1_m56577569835284959.jpg]

I absolute love them. They are my go to demin for every occasion. I've never liked a pair of jeans as much as I like these. Mine don't fit as tight as in the photo above, they are slim(Slim is the way to go these days), but they are definitely not skinny. I also bought the legs 2 inches longer than my actual inseam so I have the option of cuffing the bottom or if not just that extra crinkle(I like a bit of crinkling in the legs) in the legs which I like. The opening of the cuffs is just the right size. They never drag on the ground nor get jammed in the ankle of my shoe, they always fall just the way I want them over my shoes, be they sneakers or casual shoes. They are low waist and contour me perfectly and can be dressed up or down and go with anything. Just the right amount of distress, nice detail on the back pockets, yet not overly done. Overwrought and gaudy back pockets are often a deal breaker for me. I'm not a label whore so I like that there are no sort of flashy labels. The stitching is subtle too, high contrast stitching is another deal breaker for me. What I like best about all is that they are 1% elastane so they slightly stretch which makes them extremely comfortable no matter what movement or sitting position. Low-wait slim jeans often feel restrictive. I feel like if I got in a fight wearing jeans, I wouldn't be able to throw any high kicks unless the jeans are loose and baggy. But with the elastane, I never feel like I have any limited motion while wearing them. Funny thing is when I first tried them on and noticed the elasticity I didn't like it. I always associated "stretch jeans" with fat moms buying wranglers from Walmart. But after getting used to elastane I don't think I could live without it.

I personally like the Nudie brand, the raw denim is something I've always been interested in, because after wearing them for about a month, no two pairs are the same anymore. They are over your $120 top at around $190 a pair, but the old styles go on sale relatively frequently.

What I always look at when buying jeans is the wear to price ratio, and the more wears I get out of them, I can justify a higher price.

Slim/straight cut, understated pocket emblem, and just a solid look in the dark washes.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Hugo Boss Indigo dark blue denim, slim fit (not skinny fit, which are more appropriate for woman's form than a man's, guys usually look too much like squids in them and most don't have the proportions to pull them off). Besides, trousers (jeans in particular) should drape and follow your form close, but not look painted on.....

Does anyone have recommendations for stretch jeans? I have one pair and I prefer them to conventional jeans. 1-2% stretch material. I see some from Bonobos, Levi 511 and Uniqlo. I havee the Bonobos and like them because the waistband is curved, which fits much better especially if you have a big ass.

Levi's for life

Has anyone heard of Citizens of Humanity or Seven for all Mankind[Image: icon_question.gif] I have a pair of 7`s and I must say the quality is outstanding. Look great especially if you have a lean build and long legs.

Quote: (05-15-2014 02:49 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

Does anyone have recommendations for stretch jeans? I have one pair and I prefer them to conventional jeans. 1-2% stretch material. I see some from Bonobos, Levi 511 and Uniqlo. I havee the Bonobos and like them because the waistband is curved, which fits much better especially if you have a big ass.

Try APC Rescue denim. The general consensus is to size down one size(2 at most) and wear them for about 6 months without washing in order to leave your own "footprint" on the denim, which are just unique distress marks from everyday wear. Most raw denim will stretch a bit so you should size down even if they are a bit tight at first.

I try to stay off these threads but..

Speakeasy, there's no way you are built like that fag you posted the picture of and about jeans..

Every brand and different style within the brand are different. Even with Levis every pair will fit different the same size and number (501etc). This is something you have to actually go and try 20 pairs on or more to get right. Also they change so fast you kinda need to go often to find what you want which also could be good game wise as the hottest chicks on the planet are in US malls.

Another thing.. When you find something you really like buy two pairs and again try them on as they all fit different.

Diesel.

You pay a lot, but they last for years. Easy 5+ years for mine.

+1 on Diesel

Other than Levi's I've been rockin the same diesels 3-4 times a week for 3-4 years

This may not be everyones cup of tea but I actually really like the style plus I'm cheap. Wrangler jeans from Wallmart. They have many diff types one is thicker and I don't like those but they have these really thin jeans. I guess material is maybe a little on the rough side but honestly I have $150 jeans that I don't think look as good as these. These are the only jeans I buy now. I like the light material and dark color

Does anyone know where to get ripped jeans?

They're a bit hard to find since the A&F/Hollister fad died out but they're super comfortable to wear during the 1000 degree Texas summer. Air gets to the nutz keepin' it fresh.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (05-15-2014 06:30 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

I don't really see them anymore in stores being sold new, but I imagine second-hand shops would be the best place to look for that or maybe some smaller boutique stores with specialty denim. Otherwise just make your own holes. I actually did have a pair of jeans with a hole in the knee, but it was done the natural way through years of usage.

I never went for expensive jeans until recently when I found a pair of 7's on a sale rack for $90 and tried them on for shits and giggles. I couldnt believe how soft they were, and there's some elastic in them so the fit just right.

Quote: (05-15-2014 06:44 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't really see them anymore in stores being sold new, but I imagine second-hand shops would be the best place to look for that or maybe some smaller boutique stores with specialty denim. Otherwise just make your own holes. I actually did have a pair of jeans with a hole in the knee, but it was done the natural way through years of usage.

Back in my teenage years my mom used to tell me "why do you keep buying ripped jeans? They're so expensive, get a normal pair and rip holes on them yourself!"

[Image: banana.gif]

Yeah, I'll probably have to expand my search beyond the mall.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (05-15-2014 06:59 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Quote: (05-15-2014 06:44 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Back in my teenage years my mom used to tell me "why do you keep buying ripped jeans? They're so expensive, get a normal pair and rip holes on them yourself!"

[Image: banana.gif]

Yeah, I'll probably have to expand my search beyond the mall.

Where do you live? I bought a pair of ripped A&F's couple of months ago.

They still sell em.

Agree with Diesel and I like Buffalo David as well. You can get them for $100 on sale but otherwise more like $200. Your individual bankroll matters, but I think having two pairs of nice jeans is much better than six pairs of cheap jeans.

The material is not nearly as nice or quality, but I.N.C makes jeans for like $60 that look more expensive than they are.

I have a pair of Calvin Kleins that I wear often and the material seems to be holding up pretty well but the color (dark dark blue/black) is starting to fade. They fit me well though.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Bad Idea Jeans

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Levi's

Maybe totally wrong but its better to get some designer brands then something cheap. They look better, fit better and potentially last longer. Personally like G-Star Raw at the moment.

Nudie jeans are pretty good. Superdry has good denim jeans, too.

I like Diesel jeans but they tend to be cut for slender legs. I have a pair of Safados, love the wash but they're borderline uncomfortable in the thighs. I squat but not nearly as heavy as I'd like, so it's not like my quads are huge.

I find the Joe's Jeans slim-straight cut (Brixton) fit me a little better in the thighs and you can find several varieties with a little bit of stretch material woven in which helps. The 100% cotton is a bit more hit-and-miss, I have one pair that I've worn pretty heavily and fits snug but comfortable and another I basically had to take out of the rotation.

But really - with jeans and style today I don't think my favorite brand should influence yours. It's tautological but different brands fit different people differently. Find a store that sells different brands and try them on.

My favorite is Zegna Sport. A bit pricy (over $250), but they do have some that have elastane in them, which lets them stretch out. Like wearing sweat pants.

On the lower end of the spectrum, Uniqlo jeans have been great for me. Only $50 too and they look nice. I like APCs, but the pockets are too shallow for me to wear them alot.

I really liked the cut of Levi's 514s. Unfortunately I can't wear them at the moment because my thighs are now too thick from doing Starting Strength.

If only you knew how bad things really are.