rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men's Health: Why You Should Listen To Your Girlfriend's Fitness Advice

It's hysterical that a magazine titled MEN'S Health would have articles written by women telling men how to workout.

This is the gayest article I've seen yet. I don't even read MH, but get their emails because I signed up years ago.

Here's the link:

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/4-fitn...ify-bubble

Quote:Quote:

It found that females are more coachable, better at handling criticism, and more willing to learning new skills than men.

If any men truly believes that, may the Lord bless his soul... and also the writer dears to question the mantra of " No Pain No Gains"... I'ma stop right there since I might get into an Incredible Casanova crazy rant!!

Ha Ha HA. I needed that good laugh.

The only thing a woman could teach me about working out is how to walk on a treadmill and then go out and re-absorb any calories burned plus 300.

Men's Health has been going downhill for years, but this is a new low.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I'm bored form revision so I will take a shot.

While there’s a fine line between shaking up your fitness routine and chasing every fitness fad imaginable, women aren’t afraid to put their egos aside, make a fool of themselves, and have a little fun. We’ll try it all once, whether it’s a new yoga studio, salsa dancing lessons, a weekend kettlebell workshop, or even trampoline classes

So we men should trust someone who has no clue about the basics but if it has a shiny "new" look/feel to it we should dive in. Hell why dont we try butt plugs while we're at it, I hear women love them.

Although my husband grumbles from time to time, he appreciates the fact that I’m always seeking out new and interesting training methods. For instance, a few months ago I announced that I signed us up for a flying trapeze class. (Aren’t those the words every man longs to hear?)

As long as you're not pestering him he is happy.

The class was awesome, but it also called out our need for more hip mobility. Ever since then, we’ve tweaked our workouts to alleviate this problem. We do more flow-based kettlebell work, partner resistance band drills, and yoga regressions. As a result, my husband admits he likes the fresh workout regimen, and agrees he feels healthier and stronger due to the increased range of motion in his hips. He can thank me (and trapeze) for that.

So what you're basically saying, stretching makes you more flexible? I guess this is a revelation to gymnasts everywhere.

Peer inside any group fitness class and you’ll realize that women like working out in groups. They value the idea of a fitness community, and, according to a study in the American Journal of Health Promotion, women are smart to do so. The study reported that social support goes hand-in-hand with exercise adherence. Read: Having a workout partner or a group to exercise with increases your gains.

While men are becoming more comfortable with the idea of working out in groups (due in part to popular fitness trends like CrossFit), many guys still prefer to go it alone. But you’re missing out. The more people you have training together, the more energy, sweat, and encouragement there is in the room. You can do a better range of exercises if someone’s spotting you, and they can push you outside of your comfort zone.

Peer anywhere inside the annals of history and you will find a longer list of brotherhood acts between men than you would find women. Women in gyms is a new thing whereas they used to be few and far between.

My mothers generation never went to the gym in their teens or 20s or 30s. Only now has it become popular and women love group think.

Men train together and have done so since Genghis Khan, Roman empire, since time began.

Powerlifters, Strongmen, Weightlifters, bodybuilders. Need I go on?

Still not buying it? Do what my husband and I do, and work out together. Indiana University study found that couples that worked out separately experienced a 43 percent dropout rate. Couples that worked out together, however, had only a 6.3 percent dropout rate—even if they did different types of exercises.

Who knows what makes the two of us stick it out together? Maybe he’s attracted to the colorful spandex I wear, or maybe I can't be away from his sexy deadlifts. Whatever the reason, it works. Love can be a powerful tool in your exercise arsenal.

truth be told, I have and still would enjoy working out with a woman I am fucking on the regular. I get to show off and I get to see her improve.

WHat I will not do is this zumba bullshit or listen to her zen-like yoga practices. She can do them on her own time but when she is with me its lifting weights the simple way.

This article is talking down to men like we're all idiots. The only good thing about Men's Health magazine is the food recipe ideas.

The vast majority of gym going women in this country do workouts that make them UGLIER*. Why the fuck would you take advice from someone like that? That's like taking business advice from a broke ex-trust funder.

*They do workouts that work their upper body while neglecting their ass - so they get big backs and flat asses. Yoga girls excepted of course.

Quote: (05-14-2014 05:18 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

The vast majority of gym going women in this country do workouts that make them UGLIER*. Why the fuck would you take advice from someone like that? That's like taking competitive eating advice from an anorexic headcase.

*They do workouts that work their upper body while neglecting their ass - so they get big backs and flat asses. Yoga girls excepted of course.

Excessive cardio fucks them over too, I hate a lanky bitch with no shoulders and twiggy arms and legs. They just don't understand they gotta squat.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Yeah I always say all a girl needs is light deadlifts & dead bar hangs for posture, and then low bar squats, lunges, kettlebell swings and barbell hip thrusts for their ass. Everything else is superfluous or downright harmful to their appearance. It's just there are tons of pussy brained muscleheads who want a vagina clone of themselves.

My first thought after reading the title was "Is mcqueen having a stroke?", opened it and it all came back to normal haha

Life is good

Advice for men-
1) Compound exercises supplemented with isolation split routines for years, alternating between bulking (eating until uncomfortably full) and cutting (watching your strength wither away), HIIT cardio with possible intermittent fasting, maintain consistency for years while occasionally taking time off to tend to inevitable injuries and making life sacrifices to spend the requisite 2-3 hours in the gym, pushing your mental and physical abilities to their extreme each and every gym session to yield that all-coveted myofibrillar and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy

Advice for women-
1) be calorie deficient.
2) 20-30 min cardio per day.
OPTIONAL 3) squats, lunges, leg raises

Hmmm yeah ok.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

How to take selfies while working out?

Team Nachos

I've tried to put together some words on this and can't even get past the stupidity of it.

I'll sum it up to this: Pity the mutherfuckin fool who takes this advice. May God have mercy on his soul for being such a sap.

I think it's safe to say at this point that all mainstream entertainment (and I do mean all) is geared toward women and homosexual men - any human that has more estrogen than test in them. Doesn't matter what it is; television, movies, music - all geared to the girlie crowd. They're even trying to make professional sports gay now, and remember all that breast cancer pink bullshit they were running in Football not too long ago?

Even if they claim their target demographic is men, they're still trying to appeal to chicks at the same time (if not more so, since chicks are the consumers) and effeminate men/mo's. For example, look at the recent Playboy article about Return Of Kings? You think that was being written for men even though Playboy has long since been the iconic symbol of a 'man's' magazine?

The only two magazines I see on the shelves any more that have any sort of unmuddied male focus are Guns And Ammo and Soldier Of Fortune, and those two are for niche audiences.

Quote: (05-14-2014 05:18 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

The vast majority of gym going women in this country do workouts that make them UGLIER*. Why the fuck would you take advice from someone like that? That's like taking business advice from a broke ex-trust funder.

Why do people work their upper body without their lower body?

Working your lower body gives you a huge boost of growth hormone and is much more effective than upper body... to the extent that I only do squats and no other lifts, because I am lazy.

Quote: (05-14-2014 04:35 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

It's hysterical that a magazine titled MEN'S Health would have articles written by women telling men how to workout.

This is the gayest article I've seen yet. I don't even read MH, but get their emails because I signed up years ago.

Here's the link:

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/4-fitn...ify-bubble

Menshealth ... It's like getting advise from a goat on how to feed a dog...

I couldn't read the article because the girl in the supposedly enticing picture looks too much like an Indian Howdy-Doody.

If you listen to your girlfriend's advice about workout, she'll leave you.

Gf:"Noooo, you're fiiine, you don't need that sixpack!"
You:"Fine babe, if you like it I'll just maintain what I have"
Few months after:
Gf:"I don't feel it anymore, it's over" *leaves with ripped brosky*

It happened to some dude who trained in my gym. We weren't close at all but he once watched me set my bench PR at the time talked about how being ripped isn't everything and how his girl told him to just tone himself a bit and not "overdo it like those ugly bodybuilders". His girlfriend once came to gym and I noticed she raised her eyebrow when she saw me. That night I get a friend request from her and she starts talking about how we should go get a coffee sometimes. I take her to a local pub and two hours later I bang her in a hallway. After a month of banging me she left him, her boyfriend of 4 years, just to have more time to be my fuckbuddy for two more months. I didn't feel sorry at all for him, he was her bitch and I can't respect men like that.

1. If she wants you to "maintain your current state" and "not get a sixpack", than it's a giant shit test and a humongous red flag.
2. Fail it and you're no longer a man who is improving himself and who is making her improve herself to match your value. That is, you're not a challenge anymore.
3. She'll get cold and will be a sex slave to someone who does. [Image: banana.gif]
4. She'll leave your beta ass.

Never, ever listen to a female advice about being a man. Don't say I haven't warn you.

All women's fitness advice is absolutely terrible. It makes them age faster and on top of that they eat like shit.

High grains, lots of coffee, low fats, low protein with a heaping dash of excessive cardio and ab work outs.

"But i don't want to get bulky!"

Woman, you don't have the nuts to get big. You will look amazing if you f*cking did some compound lifts. Especially some deadlifts and squats.

The irony is, you need to work out and eat to understand how your body works and processes food. Maria Kang goes even further to high light what worked for her and then add some caveats saying it's not for everyone.

http://www.mariakang.com/2012/09/25/momm...t-routine/

Give me a woman like this who understands all bodies are different and need the individual to custom taylor the routine for themselves.

I make my girl do squats every workout. By far the most important exercise for a woman

[Image: 19912189.jpg]

...but is it okay to recommend Smith squats to girls?
Because I like to watch.

sigh

Pretty soon I won't be able to read anything in the 'mainstream' media world.

It's all turning into politicized feminist & multi-culti propaganda mixed in with some gay lobby garbage. Even the so-called 'health' magazines.

Who the f*ck has a 'girlfriend' for long enough to be exposed to this kind of weird advice anyway? This should be something an unhappily married guy with 3 kids has to deal with after his wife hits the wall and starts working out - not some guy with a 6-month old girlfriend.

Oh and last time I checked the US had the most obese women on the planet, so chances are pretty good that most guys' girlfriends are not doing too much working out anyway, what with their busy schedule of Facebook & Instagram updates, dealing with all those 'evil' men and the 'war on women' and waiting for cupcakes at the latest specialty bakery shop.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Damn that was terrible. Not one bit of advice was actually related to fitness. The 4 "points" sound like feminine-imperative relationship advice for males

Quote: (05-14-2014 05:34 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

How to take selfies while working out?

Relevant and funny

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Would bang after pretending to listen to her fitness tips:

[Image: jen-sinkler.jpg]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

^^^^