rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Living: Tucson AZ vs Las Vegas

I have job offers in both cities.

The salary in Tucson would be $80,000 and the salary in Vegas, $70,000.

In a few years, the salary in both places would increase by about $15,000, respectively.

I'm a single 25-year old and don't have any friends on family in either location. Fresh start.

Which would you choose?

Vegas hands down.

At 25yo you'll not only be living very well in Vegas on $70k, but will have a smorgasboard of hot pussy available to you.

Tucson has retarded residents. Actually the dumbest people in the country. Google agrees but does have a small town feel and condescending hipsters.

http://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities...stofliving

I was thinking Tucson would be significantly cheaper then LV, but according to the above they are close. I would say it depends on how much you are in money save mode. Less salary in LV and may prove to be very easy to drop coin there rather then in Tucson.

Tucson has plenty of easy college pussy, but then, so do a lot of other places. Unless you're a Progressive or an academic (and then only in certain fields), I would go with Vegas.

Quote: (05-10-2014 05:36 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Vegas hands down.

At 25yo you'll not only be living very well in Vegas on $70k, but will have a smorgasboard of hot pussy available to you.

Where would you live in Vegas on that kind of salary, McQueen? Figure pay no more than $1k in rent.

I'm about 40 minutes from Tucson, go with Vegas, Tucson is boring as fuck. Prices are pretty similar between the two with Vegas being slightly more expensive. You will never be bored in Vegas unless you choose to be.

Quote: (05-11-2014 04:48 AM)username Wrote:  

I'm about 40 minutes from Tucson, go with Vegas, Tucson is boring as fuck.

40 minutes from Tucson in any direction is worthless.

OP, go Vegas. I went to Arizona & my parents live in Tucson most of the year wayyyy outside of town and it's great....if you love the desert.

At 25 you can still get by cruising to college parties, but the pussy scene there basically goes like this: a) UA b) 25+ who didn't go to college and still live in Tucson and c) 35+ professionals who make good money.

Downtown is coming along nicely, but your options are quite limited. If you like mountain biking and climbing, there is some cute tourists from Europe that come for that, but otherwise you're looking @ the college scene.

You can also get a legit pad away from the main area and the talent working on the strip can be infiltrated. My buddy just left a job there to open a brewery in PHX but the couple times I rolled through he was always with insanely good looking women.

Tucson will be fun for a few months, tops. Maybe longer if you're pulling quality from campus for a while, but it gets old.

Vegas FTW.

Vegas for all of the reasons above and the lack of state income tax.

"Where would you live in Vegas on that kind of salary, McQueen? Figure pay no more than $1k in rent."

^I'm out of the loop with where to rent in Vegas, but check Craigslist etc and you'll get an idea.

If you can swing it, I'd live at the Veer Towers next to Cosmo.

You can probably negotiate a higher salary in Vegas (say, $5,000 to 10,000 more per year from your prospective employer to make up the difference). Especially since you have a higher, competing offer in another city.

You should try it. Every successful person negotiates, and negotiating has never made an offer worse.