rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Irritated Eyes hurting my IOIs

It seems that my eyes get irritated very easily which forces me to narrow my eyelids and to blink very often. This happens as soon as I hit the streets and just a slight breeze hits my eyes. I have to lower my head to escape the wind and to blink all the time while still getting red eyes. When I smoke a normal cigarette I look like I had a blunt.

I cannot make good eye contact with anybody on the streets and after that in stores. Makes me feel like someone with low self esteem, like a pussy.

Any of you guys experienced this too and found a solution?

How about glasses? I imagine that might be able to go someway in helping.

Do you wear contacts?

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote:Quote:

How about glasses? I imagine that might be able to go someway in helping.
Thanks for the suggestion, might try that as a last resort.

Quote:Quote:

Do you wear contacts?
No.

Is this irritation something you experience seasonally (say in the spring), or throughout the year, or only something that you've started to experience recently?

Might be more present in winter/spring. I don't think it's an allergic reaction though. It feels like my eyes drying out.

I recently became aware how much of an impact this has and had on me. Don't know when it started but I am having this since years. Perhaps since I played videogames all day as an adolescent, could have been sooner or later. Now I am working in front of a screen most of the day.

I am thinking about trying artificial tears...

Are you taking any medications/prescription drugs? Do you smoke regularly?

With regard to work in front of the computer, do the following:

1. Take occasional breaks -- get up and walk around, stretch. Good and necessary both for your eyes and for your body if you're doing that kind of work. Get up at least every 30 minutes.

2. Download and install this free utility:

https://justgetflux.com/

You don't want to stare at a blue screen, especially after dark. f.lux shifts the color spectrum of your monitor towards a redder, softer, more incandescent (rather than fluorescent) spectrum, making it much easier on the eyes.

I may have a couple of more suggestions later.

No medication. I stopped smoking three months ago.

Thanks for the tips. Don't know how another color spectrum can help, but ok why not.

I used to have allergic conjunctivitis since I was a kid which made me have irritated eyes most of the time. A fun thing happened after I got my LASIK: the allergy went away mostly. I sometimes (once a week or so) use artificial tears made of sodium hialuronate. It's like a gel and it works wonders. I don't need them most of the time because I drink lots of water and keep myself hydrated, so when wind hits my eyes I automatically produce tears as a natural response. I drink about 3 liters of water daily. Most of the time when I am outdoors I wear sunglasses, because I am very sensitive to light, so I recommend getting some good polarized lenses to avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight.

There are various anti-allergy eye drops you can try out. Maybe start with some sodium cromoglycate eye drops, not very potent but for many people it's more than enough.

[Image: 1366802144.jpg&w=200]

I don't know if anti-allergy eye drops would do the job. I am allergic to cat hair, so I know how such a reaction feels, it's more like something was in my eye, extreme tingling.

In this case I get more like a burning sensation.

If these eyedrops don't cause any harm I will try them though, thanks.

It sounds like your eyes are sensitive to humidity changes. I get the same thing but not as bad as you.

Carry around visine and use it regularly. Works for me.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Taking Flax seed oil helped out a lot with my dry eyes. Give it a shot

Thanks ?Kick will do. Just ordered a bottle online.

Yea it's worth a shot. There are lots of other benefits but that was the main reason I started taking it. I also noticed that it made my hair shinier / healthy looking

Eye drops are a good choice too. I wear contacts so I get dry and red eyes a lot. I try to switch to glasses when I'm just sitting at work and save the contacts for after work. If you get eye drops, make sure they are just normal tears; no chemicals added.

Just received my Flax Seed oil. Will take that stuff for a month and report back afterwards.

If it does not get better I am going to try the other solutions you named.

I have been taking a spoon of flax seed oil every morning for a while now. The irritation is almost gone. I don't know if it's the oil or the now warm weather, though.

I had no problems with the oil and I think it helps me so I will continue taking it. It's pretty cheap also, 15€ for a bottle that might last one year.

A couple of months ago my eyes/contacts started acting strange. First my right eye would get out of focus. I could some what see but it was like when a contact isn't set on your eye properly. Taking the contact out and putting solution on it didn't do anything either. Now it is my left eye doing it and the right eye is fine. I don't know why my contacts are doing this, I've worn them for years with no problems. I am constantly closing one eye and rubbing them hoping it will put them "back in place" even though they are. My eyes and contacts aren't dry either. These are a different brand of contacts than what I usually get but I've been using them since last year with no problems until a few months ago...

My eyes corrected themselves after installing F Lux and Twilight..

This could simply be fatigue. I had a similar thing a few years ago when I was overworking. I couldn't keep my eyes open without blinking all the time, mostly in the afternoon/ evening and more so in cold weather. I changed my work schedule, started to sleep more and turned off the laptop. This all seems to have helped.

Gringo Solo I believe it was a combination of to much computer,phone staring and allergies.