rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Are you a member there and do you find the fitness/lifting advice and discussions actually useful?

I'm curious because the threads sure seem have a lot of stuff like "OP is beta phaggot", etc. posted in them. Is that just the sense of humor over there?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

to me its always seemed like a giant collection of high school dudes. nothing wrong with that, its actually pretty funny, but I have never bothered to set up a profile.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Honestly I have found some really good articles on the site, but aside from that most comments are down right stupid and half of the discussions I have seen end up in a "this is better than that" direction. If you want really good lifting advice watch some of Elliot's videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/strengthcamp

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

The Misc is essentially the locker room of the internet. It's got its own lingo and a very tongue-in-cheek style of humor. It's also very red pill.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Quote: (05-10-2014 10:54 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Are you a member there and do you find the fitness/lifting advice and discussions actually useful?

I'm curious because the threads sure seem have a lot of stuff like "OP is beta phaggot", etc. posted in them. Is that just the sense of humor over there?

Like any forum, you have to really sift through all of it to find the good posters and good articles.

I've read that forum off and on, and I couldn't even begin to tell you what is right versus wrong.

Two guys can have totally opposite view points on a subject, and have academic studies, anecdotes, and personal experience will back BOTH of them up.

Most of it comes back to experimentation. I've found that with business forums, game forums, and recipe forums.

WIA

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Quote: (05-10-2014 01:57 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (05-10-2014 10:54 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

Like any forum, you have to really sift through all of it to find the good posters and good articles.

I've read that forum off and on, and I couldn't even begin to tell you what is right versus wrong.

Two guys can have totally opposite view points on a subject, and have academic studies, anecdotes, and personal experience will back BOTH of them up.

Most of it comes back to experimentation. I've found that with business forums, game forums, and recipe forums.

WIA

It's due to the nature of bodybuilding, really there is more than one way to skin a cat in that regard. There are scientific studies in all aspects of hypertrophy, nutrition, and physiology that are conflicting, just because the human body is so complex.

As for the misc. portion of the forums, some of it is absolute nonsense and useless, but other things (i.e. Guides to vegas/pickup information) that have merit. This forum is by and far more mature however, and I enjoy that we all can spell correctly.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

The benefits of the site;

- Large number of men with different body types, genetics and all are currently doing something. The likelihood of you seeing someone with success who is similar to you is pretty high.

But like with any site of that size it has drawbacks;

- Women are allowed on the site which pumps the WKs up
- A lot of bad advice which isn't applied right
- Too much noise, threads move too fast

Find a niche, find your level of lifting and find those with similar success as you and are working towards goals that are attainable.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

the bb.com forums used to be a lot better 2 yrs ago. There's too much imbecilic riff raff now

Bodybuilding.com Forums

I'm still not a member but I do read some threads and the lingo really cracks me up. Stuff like "bishes" and "dat chit", etc. [Image: lol.gif]

I think they actually had some of the port-a-potty stuff on there years ago.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

No. I would definitely not rely on the forum for solid info. While there is good stuff in there it gets drowned out in the sea of content.

I just Misc for entertainment. Has brought plenty of laughs over the years

Bodybuilding.com Forums

It's not really good for info, but the misc is funny as hell and has given me some of the best entertainment through text and pics yet. It's right up there with Reddit's DateRape and the funnier 4chan Anon stories. The whole Ya Boy Dave fiasco was some of the funniest shit the internet ever produced. They have pretty good meme game as well. I actually struggle hard every post, not to use misc lingo on RVF because I'm afraid of Tuth's strict reign [Image: biggrin.gif] .

PS.: U aware?

Bodybuilding.com Forums

There's some good stuff on there but the heavy trolling heavily dilutes the informative side of it.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

As a resource it's great. Their archive goes back to 2001 or 2002. If I have a bodybuilding question I just do a google search with "bodybuilding" after the term and that site is immediately pulled up. Some posts are really informative, but you'll need to sift through the riff raff.

Good website though, i've spent quite a bit of money at the store.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Bodybulidng.com is to men what Forever 21 is to women. If you're over 18, you're in the wrong place.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

They use way too many gifs, making pages difficult to load and tiresome to browse due to so much "flash" jumping at your eyes.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Quote: (04-05-2015 12:30 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

I just Misc for entertainment. Has brought plenty of laughs over the years

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread...=167043051

Some dude trying to assure us that there are amazing women out there because he's still sprung off the chick he lost his virginity to.

I might have to join just because of that thread.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

I haven't spent much time there, but when the occasional google search has taken me there, I noticed a bit of a Puahate feel about it with a lot of talk of jaws, genetics, clavicle width, etc.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

[Image: 74007.jpg]
[Image: BDKNu9p.jpg]

There has been A LOT of funny shit that came out of the misc, but nowadays it's getting stiffled in thin skins and moderation, the golden misc times are gone. Golden gems such as: "Supreme Gentleman" Elliott Rogers; YaBoyDave who recorded a threesome with some cheating slut, published it, then got jailed for it; some stripperific camwhore who said she'd never post nudes but then did pissing camshows and had the whiteknight betas of bb.com (and a mod) finance her boob job and then almost a car; several leaked nude pics from miscerettes who then vanished; voyeurstethics "jafarbrah" who is a goofy looking faggot who looks like Jafar from Aladdin; Gable Tostee who allegedly threw a Tinder date of his balcony (sound recording revealed that he didn't though) etc. etc.

The other forums are actually legit but misc leeks into them now and then. You can find a lot of useful information in the specific forums if you read between the lines, take things with a canister of salt/verify stuff and use your own head.

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Surprised that no one mentioned Malodrax, a guy who used to record himself cold approaching girls down at the mall. He would try to sneak in misc memes while he was talking to them. Also he wrote up an epic story about how he finally managed to get a date with some Asian girl. He was at her apartment to hang out with her and her friends and ended shitting all over her bathroom. The girl rushed into the bathroom armed with a kitchen knife telling him to GTFO.

Someone made an illustrated slide show of the incident as a gif which I know present you in Youtube form

Bodybuilding.com Forums

^^^

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Oh my goodness what a story...I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

[Image: laugh5.gif]

Bodybuilding.com Forums

I lurk at the Misc sometimes when I'm bored- it has had at times some of the funniest, craziest shit on the internet. They had an online dating thread going for a long time that was worth reading.

The rest of the site has some solid info if you sift through it.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Bodybuilding.com Forums

they have some really epic tinder threads. I don't actively post there, but I lurk as well for the useful information.

and that malodrax story...

[Image: icon_lol.gif]

Bodybuilding.com Forums

Some vids of the author of the bathtub shitting story cold approaching girls:

Bodybuilding.com Forums

I checked a bit the misc. section of the forum, their pickup / improvement advise sound pretty good to me, but it's also filled with a lot more trolls and noise / pointless posts. Funny sometimes girls post on the pickup threads and some faceless torso profiles will tell her stuff like "fuck you" or "shut up", then the girl submits and stops posting on the thread.