rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Armenia, Data Sheet – The Argentina of the FSU

It's fucking hard to get laid in Armenia. This post is an attempt to explain why.

I've never been to Argentina but many of the trademarks of that country that have been mentioned here in various threads (extremely beautiful women with princess attitudes, tight-knit social circles, SNLs unlikely) remind me of what I have experienced in Armenia.

In this data sheet, I will exclusively focus on Yerevan, the capital, because that's where by far most of the country's population is situated in. Also, the smaller towns and villages are more conservative and should yield even worse results.

Country & Culture

Armenia is a tiny Caucasus country with only around 3 million inhabitants. Due to emigration many think it's way less. The borders to Turkey and Azerbaijan are closed and flights into the country are very expensive. The cheapest way to enter Armenia is to fly to Tblisi, Georgia, and to take a train to Yerevan from there.

Armenians will never got tired to tell you their history and that Armenia is the first country in the world that adopted Christianity. They also moan a lot about Turkey and the Armenian genocide. I admit, that these people suffered a lot in the past but their self-victimization, whining and nationalism are extremely annoying and I think that's why the country is not getting ahead. Unemployment is high and many people wanna leave to Russia, Europe or N America.

The locals are not very friendly and seem extremely cold. Don't expect any smiles from strangers on the street or special treatment just because you're a foreigner from a rich country. I also did not experience much of the Armenian hospitality that people told me about. The mentality is not open-minded at all. While many young people are multilingual, Armenians don't seem to be overly interested in the outside world and in interacting with foreigners or other cultures. In addition to that, the country is ethnically homogenous. You can find some half-Russian, half-Armenian people who tend to be friendlier and more open-minded than the rest but in general this place is about 98 percent Armenian. Considering the small population size, expect that everyone knows everyone and there is a relatively high rate of inbreeding (even though people would deny that).

An important part of Armenian identity is being Christian but that doesn't say much. Only a few people are legitimately religious yet culture is seriously conservative. Sex is before marriage is still sort of a taboo and hymen restoration remains a popular surgery method for women. People in general have a frigid vibe and everyone seems strangely undersexed. Public signs of affections are extremely low-key. As for Yerevan, the city has a strange, uptight vibe that might be off-putting for some even though the traffic is not too bad and you can walk everywhere.

DON'T use swearing words or curse in front of women. A friend of mine did that once and some Armenian guys almost freaked out and threatened to beat him up.

You never shake hands with Armenian women.

Alcohol is always available and you can technically get shitfaced in public. Doing that gives you a bad rep, though. This is not Russia.

Otherwise, the country is extremely safe. Never experienced or heard of any pickpockets, brawls, shootings or muggings.

Language

This the first big cockblocking factor. Not many people speak conversational English. If you really intend to profit from the entire pool of available women you need to speak at least a bit of Russian, almost everyone knows it, or Armenian. French is also becoming more popular. With only English it can be very difficult at times.

Costs

Most things are really cheap at least for Westerners. Outside of Yerevan's center you can rent rooms in shared apartments starting at 80€. If you wanna have your own apartment calculate with at least 250€.

Imported goods at supermarkets are more expensive than in Europe. If you stick to local Armenian and Georgian products your expenses for food and groceries will be very low.

A bottle of beer in a bar is usually around 1.50-2€. Marshrutki in the city are 0.20€ and for most cab rides within the city you pay not more than 1.80€.

With 450€/month you can have a decent live here.

The Guys

Guys are short, rude and even less open-minded than the girls. They hang around in groups like Arab/Turkish dudes in Western Europe. I never saw any of them approaching girls during the day. As such they do not appear as a serious competition but you will see many busted, fat and ugly dudes with hot girls. It's the FSU.

The Girls

On the positive side, Armenian girls are smoking hot. During my first few days I was overwhelmed by the quality and walked around with a boner all the time. It's really hard to spot a legimitately bad looking or chubby girl but after a while I also noticed the less attractive ones. They dress extremely well and take good care of themselves. Armenia definitely has one of the highest concentration of quality women that I have ever experienced in any country. There are tons of 7s and 8s on the streets and plenty of 9s, too.

Armenians have diasporas all over the world and many of them moved back to the country, so you have a wide range of women, with both dark and light skin.

Since most young guys between 18 and 24 either serve in the military or go to Russia for work this leaves a surplus of women in the country. If you visit the State University in Yerevan and walk through the streets, you will notice an incredible ratio. I guess it at least 60:40 if not higher at certain places.

However, this alone will not help you much.

The problem is their conservative attitudes. For the gaming foreigner with no Russian/Armenian skills at least 30-40% of all these girls are off-limits. The reasons: they can't speak English and/or would never date a non-Armenian because of their nationalistic proclivities.

It's not getting easier with the other 60%. I mentioned that everyone knows everyone in Yerevan which means these birds are extremely shy and afraid that anyone could see them with a stranger hitting on them. It happened to me more than once that I walked around with dates and they had to stop several times because friends of them saw us. Most of the girls live with their parents even if they are in their mid-twenties which often means they have curfews. You will see dozens of hot chicks walking arm in arm with their mothers.

While these girls are usually very feminine and super-traditional, the worst parts of Western cultural imperialism have been creeping into the country and began to ruin them. Attention whoring is not any less prevalent than in the US or Western Europe. Lots of girls stare at their fucking smartphones all the time and have 600+ friends on FB. They feel and act often like princesses because, alas, they legitimately look like one.

Flakiness is also very common which is why you need to approach in big numbers.

Due to the nonsexual vibes, women will in general not flirt with you in public. When you offer eye contact and a random smile to a girl on the street, she will most likely not return it. Even in socially cold countries in Europe (Germany, Denmark, Austria, etc.) I get more positive reactions and responses to everyday flirting than in Yerevan.

I daresay only 5-10% of Armenian girls actively look for a non-Armenian guy. Like I said, being a white foreigner from a Western country gives you zero exotic value. Even in the US, being European worked more in my favor.

Night Game

While Yerevan is packed with beauties during the day, you won't see 80-90% of them during the night. All the bars and clubs are basically sausagefests and the women who go out either have a boyfriend or a not very attractive. There is small group of Armenian girls who you will see at any foreigner bar but they are only mediocre and have tons of suitors.

In general advise against nightlife for getting laid with an Armenian. Nonetheless, if you are as unlucky as I have been, it is definitely an option to pull a foreign girl.

These are the only noteworthy places in Yerevan (all in the centre):

Calumet The only real hook-up bar in Yerevan. Many expats, volunteers and backpackers come here. Quality of girls varies. Good live music. If you are here for only one night and desperately need to get laid, go to Calumet.

Hemingway Similar to Calumet, but much smaller and more intimate, just too many dudes.. Good place to get shitfaced.

RobeR Club This is a relatively new club in a basement with Hiphop events and electronic music during the weekend. Great underground atmosphere, but the drinks are a bit more expensive than in the other places and it's not yet well-known yet, resulting in empty dancefloors at time. Go after midnight.

Process Bar Artsy bar with a cool crowd. Good place to bring a date.

PM me for more information.

Day Game

Since nightlife sort of sucks, day game is what you need to do.

Go to Opera Square, Republic Square, State University, Vernissage and walk around in the centre. You need to approach in great numbers, because of the language barrier.

Reactions to these approaches are mixed. You might ecounter pleasant conversations as well as the most stonecold and bitchiest rejections ever.

My standard opener is: „Kner'ek, duk angleren git'ek?“ (Excuse me, do you speak English?)

You should encounter the highest amount of English Speakers at the American University, but it's not a good campus for daygame, I found.

My Experience

I have yet to bed an Armenian girl. I consider myself a rather good-looking guy and since I stepped up my game in my home country, I began to receive more compliments from girls, more numbers and a not too bad notch count. But here, all that did not help anything and I feel again like an AFC.

I went on several dates here but the furthest I got was a drunken makeout with 6 at a bar.

At some point, I could convince another 5.5 with huge tits to come to my apartment but even that broad refused my advances, so I sent her home.

I admit my game is not yet great and I need to work on that. But on the other hand, I also don't see any foreign guys pulling Armenian girls here. These dudes are from the US, France, Italy, Germany or the UK, have good looks, are well established in the country and in social circles and could probably easily clean up in Latin America or SEA. NONE of them had any luck with Armenians when dating, not to speak of SNLs which almost never happen here. They normally end up with mediocre American peace corps volunteers.

Even the Armenian guys, who do not serve in the military, don't profit from the good ratios. If they wanna get laid, they go for P4P, that is the norm here.

I feel like a little boy in a candy store that is not allowed to taste any of the great sweets around him.

Result: 25 cold approaches, 10 numbers, 4 dates, 1 makeout.

Conclusion

Armenia seemingly has everything that the conservative wing of RVF craves: a traditional Christian culture, slim and feminine women, respect for patriarchy and cheap living costs. Yet, this is an extremely difficult place to get laid and I don't know any foreign man who is truly happy here. I was just reading Roosh's „Back in the US“-thread with all the complaints about yankee women and honestly I thought, I'd rather be in America now. I can understand why everyone is pissed about Americans, but at least SNLs happen with them. Not so in Yerevan.

Don't bang Armenia.

Quite frankly this data report doesn't surprise me in the least. Armenians are devoutly Christian and extremely family-oriented. There are not a lot of sluts.

If you'd PM'd me I could have saved you a trip.

Quote: (05-06-2014 03:24 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

Quite frankly this data report doesn't surprise me in the least. Armenians are devoutly Christian and extremely family-oriented. There are not a lot of sluts.

Like I said, I don't think many Armenians are honestly religious, it's more of an identity thing for them. Take away away the Christianity and their attitude to sexuality and family is the same as for Turks, even though they hate them.

I came to Armenia for professional reasons not for the girls, btw.

Really nice datasheet. Sounds like a place I would enjoy, especially with some reports claiming that being a Polish is a huge DHV there as well (same goes for Georgia).

Nice data sheet, but would be nice to hear from other members who went, maybe there is a way of cracking the Armenian code. Also are you blond or do you look very different from the locals? You can be a handsome western guy, for instance italian looking but not be of very high exotic value since everyone has dark hair, dark eyes (I assume at least?).

whoishe: I seriously doubt that being Polish will be of any advantage to you in these countries. From what I know from other travelers, most of what I wrote about Armenia applies to Georgia, too.

rottenapple: I'm not really tall in my home country (180cm) but in Armenia I'm bigger than 85% of the guys. I'm also white, blonde and blue-eyed. No one gives a damn and I can't blame them. I don't want to get dragged into this false sense of entitlement that everyone criticizes about women.

Quote: (05-06-2014 03:57 PM)Flint Wrote:  

whoishe: I seriously doubt that being Polish will be of any advantage to you in these countries. From what I know from other travelers, most of what I wrote about Armenia applies to Georgia, too.
I had no doubt that being Polish is a huge DHV in Georgia (there are some political reasons for it), but I was kind of surprised to hear it about Armenia as well.

Still, it doesn't have to help regarding "speed-dating" [Image: dodgy.gif] some local girl.

Plenty of reports from normal Polish tourists going to Georgia raving about locals hospitality when they told him they are from Poland though.

I was for one week in Armenia last autumn and what Flint says is spot on!
Especially about the girls. I think it's impossible for a heterosexual man to not get a boner when he's walking on the streets in Yerevan.
I have never seen so high quality of women in any other place. True class.

I was there for only one week, and I felt a closed but warm and friendly vibe of the Armenians.
Friendliest in FSU for sure.

"I daresay only 5-10% of Armenian girls actively look for a non-Armenian guy. Like I said, being a white foreigner from a Western country gives you zero exotic value. Even in the US, being European worked more in my favor."

That's true in most of FSU..they generally prefer their own men. I would assume being in a place with less foreigners means it harder to find western groupies.

Quote: (05-06-2014 03:44 PM)rottenapple Wrote:  

Nice data sheet, but would be nice to hear from other members who went, maybe there is a way of cracking the Armenian code. Also are you blond or do you look very different from the locals? You can be a handsome western guy, for instance italian looking but not be of very high exotic value since everyone has dark hair, dark eyes (I assume at least?).

I grew up highly connected to Armenian culture due to next-door neighbors, close friends, friends of the family, etc. Been to many traditional Armenian weddings. Basically part of the family.

I have never noticed a particular fetish for the "other" in the sense of blond-haired blue eyes. If anything, I would say the girls' preference is for their type - dark hair, brown or hazel eyes (although many Armenians are lighter, and some have reddish, even blond-ish hair and green eyes.)

Most of the Armenians I know are first generation, or are zero generation (born there, emigrated.) But I haven't been to Yerevan. It may be culturally different.

Quote: (05-06-2014 04:54 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

I grew up highly connected to Armenian culture due to next-door neighbors, close friends, friends of the family, etc. Been to many traditional Armenian weddings. Basically part of the family.

I have never noticed a particular fetish for the "other" in the sense of blond-haired blue eyes. If anything, I would say the girls' preference is for their type - dark hair, brown or hazel eyes (although many Armenians are lighter, and some have reddish, even blond-ish hair and green eyes.)

Most of the Armenians I know are first generation, or are zero generation (born there, emigrated.) But I haven't been to Yerevan. It may be culturally different.

Seems a bit like Israeli's then. Very closed off culture with a preference for their own kind on all levels.

Flint:

Do you think social circle game or pipelining game (pre-visit) would be a good approach? It's an old-school culture, so maybe the society there functions on a different basis.

QC

Quote: (05-06-2014 03:40 PM)Flint Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2014 03:24 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

Like I said, I don't think many Armenians are honestly religious, it's more of an identity thing for them. Take away away the Christianity and their attitude to sexuality and family is the same as for Turks, even though they hate them.

I came to Armenia for professional reasons not for the girls, btw.

I forgot to thank you for the data sheet. I think Armenian girls are definitely as horny as any other girls it's just harder to access that part of their personality because, as you said, patriarchy, and just general repression of those kind of feelings for family/religious reasons.

Quote: (05-06-2014 04:57 PM)rottenapple Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2014 04:54 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

Seems a bit like Israeli's then. Very closed off culture with a preference for their own kind on all levels.

I find it annoying and unnatural for a people to not have an interest in foreigners. It indicates a really primitive culture to me. I digress..

The biggest contradiction around here is the desire for traditional, feminine, non-slutty women but to be able to pump and dump them. Sounds like Armenia has a strong, traditional culture so why would we want to go around busting hymens there? Leave them to their fierce ethnic identity and conservative morals. By contrast in Asia I don't get the sense of "ruining" any good girls, they all want a roll in the hay so I don't feel I'm spreading any of that decadent Western culture.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Flint mentions that Armenia is a very difficult place to pull due to extreme conservatism BUT NaughtyNomad seems to have done extremely well and pulled 3 girls in 4 days. That seems like an awfully high number. There's gotta be a secret code to crack somewhere...

http://naughtynomad.com/category/travel/europe/armenia/

I know an Armenian girl and the comments above are accurate, that making quick progress with them in the home country is a lot more difficult than in other places. It's a bit easier outside of the homeland, particularly as those going abroad for study or work are the ones more open to new experiences, but you still need to have solid game to have a chance.

You can shore there, ir if you knowna local big player and he voiches for you you can get numbers and then meet the girls on the downlow.

I was there last year, after Beirut The must frustrating place in tbe workd for girls, woukd avoid at all costs.

If you want to Bang an armenian girl then het a nice BMW and drive to Irvine.

I've been to Armenia and can vouch for most of what's been said here. Yerevan is overflowing with hot girls, but looking is all you'll ever be able to do. Very close-knit, very conservative, few English speakers, and the cockblocking is very aggressive. There's a reason you never hear PUAs talk about countries like Turkey, Armenia, and India (apart from swooping traveling girls).

Ignoring the PUA angle, on paper it's probably the best combination of low cost and safety on Earth. You could live crazy-cheap away from Yerevan if you could tolerate the isolation.

NN may have pulled 3 girls but he still didnt get the flag. He did say that he enjoyed the nightlife and that the girls would go out to drink, which may be the only route to faster bangs (short of declaring your undying love).

Very interesting datasheet.

Armenia sounds like Italy or Greece - very family and culturally oriented, with cliques being very important. I would guess that it would be very common to see females in Armenia in their mid-late 20s still hanging out with the same group they hung out with in high school.

I've met quite a few Armenian girls here in Australia. In terms of looks I wouldn't say they're bad, but I'd say that they're definitely not anything spectacular either.

If these people are truly so conservative, why is their average of marriage so high and keeps increasing? There's got to be more to the story here:

Quote:Quote:

Average age for Armenian women to marry hits 25
http://news.am/eng/news/151288.html

I refuse to believe that most women are staying virgins until age 25. 20? Sure. 25? That's a tough pill to swallow.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Here are a couple other places that were left off:

UPtown: Loud music, but generally a good number of attractive girls out on weekends, almost exclusively in groups.

Bristol Pub: Down the street from, Calumet. Decent on Thursday night.

Music Factory: Small and extremely loud music. Seems to be where most of the Calumet crowd goes after it (calumet) closes at midnight. I would estimate that this is your best option for finding a liberal Armenian girl to swoop.

There is a "higher end" club scene, but I was not very impressed by it and I lost all of my notes when my phone was stolen, and cant recall specific venues at the moment.

I will say to avoid a place called "Atlantic." It is super shady and a pro hangout.

Quote: (05-06-2014 05:08 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Flint:

Do you think social circle game or pipelining game (pre-visit) would be a good approach? It's an old-school culture, so maybe the society there functions on a different basis.

QC

Social circle game is something I chould invest more time in, true. People here are very cliquey and it might be a way to find the more liberal girls. The reason I'm not into social circle game is the unavoidable drama that these bangs mostly entail. I prefer lonewolfing.

I can't say much about pipelining because I don't really do only dating. I forgot to mention, though, that out of the four dates I had, one girl was from Couchsurfing.

This report is spot on. Getting laid in Armenia is VERY HARD. MOST girls want to wait till they marry.
Calumet was defo my favorite bar there. Some of the women are smoking, too.

@TripleG: If you read my report, I said I met some girls and we fooled around, BUT I did not get the flag in Yerevan. FAIL.
I did eventually deflower one of the girls and complete my Caucasus trio... but I had to fly all the way to meet her in Italy several months later to get it... and I struggled. Worth it? Yes.