rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favorite Airline

Favorite Airline

What's your favorite airline and what class did you travel - economy, business or first? How has your experience been? Try not to reply unless you either have experience or have questions.

For international, my favorite is Singapore, with Virgin coming a close second (both economy). Singapore has good pitch and the air-hostesses make it worth it. Virgin has great booze, so that's good enough for me.

British, Delta and Air France international economy aren't great unless you're flying premium economy. Flying AF & Delta economy gives me a hangover, even if I don't drink. British has Heineken though.

For domestic, I love Southwest. Decent pitch, their baggage policy is a good deal. Delta is ok and I can't stand United.

I wish I was richpatplayer already. Then I could list my favorite business and first class. Maybe I'll resurrect a few years from now when I have the experience.

Favorite Airline

EVA Air to Bangkok, my favourite Boeing 777!

Favorite Airline

Quote: (05-05-2014 02:54 PM)xpatplayer Wrote:  

I wish I was richpatplayer already. Then I could list my favorite business and first class. Maybe I'll resurrect a few years from now when I have the experience.

I'm working on a thread showing you how to do this on a budget.

I've flown BA, Delta and AA business class transcontinentally. BA is an excellent product. I was in an older cabin on AA and wasn't thrilled. I've heard their newer cabins are really well done. Delta was solid, but not worth the miles it takes to do it when compared with other airlines/alliances.

I'll be flying out to Asia business on Cathay Pacific. CX's new cabins are regarded as the gold standard of business or first class flying. They're on par with the ME airlines and Singapore, with many people in fact preferring CX.

Might do a BKK - London on Thai in business later in the year.

EVA is supposed to be excellent, especially considering the relative size of the airline company.

I'm still pretty new to the miles/points game, but with a solid amount of research and good credit you can absolutely fly around the world in style using CC sign up bonuses, miles purchases, and putting the right purchases on the correct cards.

Favorite Airline

No US based airlines even come close. It's all Asian and Middle Eastern carrier nowadays that are tops: Cathay, Singapore, Eva (though I didn't think it was stellar when I flew it), Ethiad, Emirates, etc. Heard Luthansa is good too. But hell, literally almost any foreign airline is better than the best US carriers like JetBlue or VirginAmerica or Southwest.

Favorite Airline

Xpatplayer thanks for that mate. I ll pass that onto the girls. No wonder we end up with dry bars on half our flights. Lolol.

Favorite Airline

Turkish airlines is my fav

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Favorite Airline

[Image: malaysia_0.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Favorite Airline

Any middle eastern airline is more of a favorite for me than any "US" airline.

Southwest, however, takes the cake when it comes to US.

Favorite Airline

No experience flying overseas, but for NA, Virgin all the way (economy class).

Cute stewardesses, solid leg room, and the multimedia tvs each passenger gets is very nice.

The worst airline, in my opinion, has to be Spirit.

Favorite Airline

emirates guys-THE BEST OPTION,
and they probably have the most extended int network (probably)

Favorite Airline

Don't care. Cheap flight = winz. I'm not on a plane for comfort, I'm there to get from Point A to Point B.

Favorite Airline

Quote: (05-05-2014 08:15 PM)JJJames Wrote:  

Don't care. Cheap flight = winz. I'm not on a plane for comfort, I'm there to get from Point A to Point B.

an airline's mileage policy is something that everyone should search about.specially those who frequently travel.

Favorite Airline

Quote: (05-05-2014 08:15 PM)JJJames Wrote:  

This is a self limiting belief. Good credit and the ability to pay a card off in full every month give you the chance to fly like a king. A first class or business class flight is an experience that can't be appreciated until you've done it.

Favorite Airline

Quote: (05-05-2014 03:48 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

No US based airlines even come close. It's all Asian and Middle Eastern carrier nowadays that are tops: Cathay, Singapore, Eva (though I didn't think it was stellar when I flew it), Ethiad, Emirates, etc. Heard Luthansa is good too. But hell, literally almost any foreign airline is better than the best US carriers like JetBlue or VirginAmerica or Southwest.

Never flew any of those (besides Singapore) but I've heard great things about Etihad and Emirates. Etihad unveiled the most luxurious cabin in the world today. You get a butler, personal chef, 3 rooms and a personal shower. Seems dope, but its at least $20k.

http://www.thewire.com/technology/2014/0...ld/361705/

From the article:
Quote:Quote:

As for those lesser people flying in coach, Etihad has upgraded their seats as well. The new economy seats offer a redesign to support the head and lumbar region, as well as a 11-inch personal screen installed with the latest Panasonic eX3 entertainment system. It's no Savoy butler, but it'll do.

Not rich enough to get a Residence ticket (at least not yet [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]) but the 11" screens make me want to fly Etihad.

Favorite Airline

Anything but Southwest Airlines. Dear god that airline is shit.

I fly Southwest when I go home to visit (not ashamed to admit that my parents take care of the bill)... but holy shit is it awful. The flight attendants are super lame but think they're hilarious, the people are ugly as fuck, and the plane is more cramped than a van full of illegal Mexicans trying to get into the US. You also have to bring your own food because their idea of "nutrition" is to give you a pack of peanuts and some oreos for a 5 hour flight. I usually try to get as bombed as I can before I get on because consciousness on that flight takes years off your life.

The only benefit is that it's open seating and you board the plane by order of when you buy your ticket, so if you get your ticket early (which I do) you can always get an aisle seat. Also, it's the cheapest airline by far.

Favorite Airline

For the US, JetBlue. Just really well run. Had some $$ reimbursed when a flight was delayed, and said I had to pay for a taxi. I think other airlines would have told me to fuck myself.

Another small thing is the boarding process just freakin makes sense. Last 5 rows board first, then next 5, next 5... I always get a seat in the last 5 rows, so I get first dibs on overhead carry-on.

Favorite Airline

Spirit if you like not receiving your luggage when you arrive in LAX from South America.

Any other airline if you like going home with the shit you brought.

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Favorite Airline

I take a weekend trip away 3/4 weekends per month.
Norwegian airlines has a 100% success rate for fucking up my weekends. 14 out of 14 times they have been late. 7 of those times, more than 4 hours late. And they never gave me that massive refund you are supposed to get.

After that. Its Ryan Air all the way,
It may be a shitty, smelly, crowded, fart tube. But at least it is always on-fucking-time!
... Apart from that one time it cancelled its 10pm flight in Gdansk and left me stranded there.
... And this Sunday they moved their flight from Sunday to Monday.
But I have flown with them over 100 times and that is only 2 fuck ups.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Favorite Airline

Cathay Pacific is awesome, especially their business and first class. Last year I flew First class from Milan to Hong Kong. They served me top shelf champaign and french wine and 5 course meals. The most comfortable flight I've ever been on. $13k normally, but it only cost me about $138 + 90k Avios. I also flew EVA business class from Taipei to JFK. That flight was also great. Not as much space as Cathay first class, but plenty of space.

The worst airline by far is AirAsia. It's usually filled with loud/low class people who are talking loudly for no reason, there's almost no leg room, and the food sucks. You can upgrade to an exit seat for an extra $25 or so, which gives you more leg room, but then your seat doesn't recline. Pretty fucking pointless. Tiger Airlines, a Singaporean airline, is equally as ghetto as AirAsia.

JAL is also pretty bad. I flew JAL business class from Bangkok to Osaka. There was plenty of leg room, but their setup was just out of date. I felt like I was in the 1980's or so.

I usually just fly the cheapest airline or any airline I can use points for. I have a stupid amount of AMEX points saved up, so for any flight longer than 5 hours I'll try to fly business class if possible.

Favorite Airline

I had some great experiences with Ethiad and Thai.
Worst for me would be Ryanair, Austrian can be pretty shitty as well, especially considering how expensive they are.

Favorite Airline

Emirates.

The general ranking order goes Middle-Eastern -> Asian flag carriers > European flag carriers > American > don't go there.

I've flown business class on a few American airlines and to be honest aside from the better seats it wasn't a huge amount better than flying coach on Emirates.

I flew on a U.S. Airways international (5hour+) flight recently in economy that didn't even have individual entertainment units. I flew Virgin Atlantic in 1998 and they had them...how on earth in 2014 can you get away with being that backwards?

Not to mention the bonus that the Middle-Eastern/Asian airlines all have stewardesses under 30 who're usually both pretty and friendly. A nice change from the surly middle aged housewives on EU/US flag carriers.

Favorite Airline

Quote: (05-06-2014 06:03 AM)zatara Wrote:  

Emirates.

The general ranking order goes Middle-Eastern -> Asian flag carriers > European flag carriers > American > don't go there.

I've flown business class on a few American airlines and to be honest aside from the better seats it wasn't a huge amount better than flying coach on Emirates.

I flew on a U.S. Airways international (5hour+) flight recently in economy that didn't even have individual entertainment units. I flew Virgin Atlantic in 1998 and they had them...how on earth in 2014 can you get away with being that backwards?

Not to mention the bonus that the Middle-Eastern/Asian airlines all have stewardesses under 30 who're usually both pretty and friendly. A nice change from the surly middle aged housewives on EU/US flag carriers.

What you talk about is called "age discrimination",and is pretty much unnacceptable in an advanced society.

So there should be no "age problem",you should judge stewardesses only by manners,demeanour and professional competence.

Favorite Airline

Not all middle eastern airlines are that great. Kuwait Airways and Saudi Arabian are to be avoided, and not just because of no alcohol. Also aging equipment.

My favorites are Royal Jordanian and Etihad. Emirates also up there. Turkish has the best food.

Best distance-per-dollar is Cebu Pacific. Love that DXB-MNL route.

Favorite Airline

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/

Benchmark standards for best airlines

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Favorite Airline

Quote: (05-06-2014 09:16 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Not all middle eastern airlines are that great. Kuwait Airways and Saudi Arabian are to be avoided, and not just because of no alcohol. Also aging equipment.

My favorites are Royal Jordanian and Etihad. Emirates also up there. Turkish has the best food.

Best distance-per-dollar is Cebu Pacific. Love that DXB-MNL route.

My uncle is a pilot for Kuwait Airways and he's made me promise to never fly Kuwait. So that's there.

I was checking out the Cebu Pacific economy seats and they seem no better than Delta. What has made your experience with them great (besides the airhostesses)?