rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting feet wet with day game

Like most privileged Americans who grew up in the middle of nowhere, I've been dabbling in booze and drugs since the jr high days. So when I decided a year ago to start going out alone and meeting women, it was natural for me to head to the bars and work on my night game. It's been great and I've had plenty of ONS's, but at the same time I'm at a point in my life where drinking 2-3 nights a week is more of a chore than something I enjoy. I have shit to do in the mornings and can't be hungover. This leads me to where I am today: trying day game.

Problem is, I don't even know where to start. Growing up in the suburbs means I've never done anything like this before. I do live in NYC now, so I run into women everywhere I go. I've had a few approaches on the street but they were too far apart for me to get in any rhythm. Which leads to my questions:

1) How do you run day game? Do you pick a spot and stick with it (like a coffee shop) or do you bounce around?

2) Lets say I'm at a park like Washington Square or Central Park. Any ideas of what to do when I'm by myself? (As in what's my "excuse" to be at the park?)

3) Any of my NYC brothers have ideas of where to go? Last weekend, on a suggestion from an acquaintance, I went solo to brunch in UES and then to the met. Didn't even see a girl worth approaching.

Any help would be appreciated.

daygame.com

Krauser has a recently lauched book that supposed to be the definitive answer on daygame

Quote: (05-02-2014 08:07 AM)tawillionaire Wrote:  

1) How do you run day game? Do you pick a spot and stick with it (like a coffee shop) or do you bounce around?

Depends. You can lounge about at a spot. Might be slower or you have to be low key/indirect to not develop a reputation. I do it while i'm running errands but also make time for it exclusively. Puts you in a better 'on' mode.

2) Lets say I'm at a park like Washington Square or Central Park. Any ideas of what to do when I'm by myself? (As in what's my "excuse" to be at the park?)

It's a nice day, i can't work indoors. Really you don't need an excuse, it's the park.

3) Any of my NYC brothers have ideas of where to go? Last weekend, on a suggestion from an acquaintance, I went solo to brunch in UES and then to the met. Didn't even see a girl worth approaching.

anywhere. Train yourself to be on when you see a girl you like. Union square has a lot of foot traffic but also a lot of chuggers/weasels. I prefer downtown to uptown but there is something to be said for stopping a girl away from a hotspot. I've met girls who have said they get hit on all the time in usq/soho so try and diversify.

Quote: (05-02-2014 09:09 AM)unbowed Wrote:  

anywhere. Train yourself to be on when you see a girl you like. Union square has a lot of foot traffic but also a lot of chuggers/weasels. I prefer downtown to uptown but there is something to be said for stopping a girl away from a hotspot. I've met girls who have said they get hit on all the time in usq/soho so try and diversify.

Yes, not sure if it's because of the location but I've seen plenty of guys went with very strong direct approach / cat call at girls. Some even followed girls for a few blocks and wouldn't give up.

If you're a pro go for it since those two locations have really high quality broads but know they also have their titanium bitch shield on even if you try the elder approach.

Quote: (05-02-2014 09:25 AM)wandenreich Wrote:  

Yes, not sure if it's because of the location but I've seen plenty of guys went with very strong direct approach / cat call at girls. Some even followed girls for a few blocks and wouldn't give up.

If you're a pro go for it since those two locations have really high quality broads but know they also have their titanium bitch shield on even if you try the elder approach.

The cat callers have no game and are sometimes homeless. It's the promoters who are hunting in these spots for model girls that you need to be aware of. Gotta get in quick before they invite her to to an exclusive club.

I recommend OP tries a few dozen approaches in/outdoors in/directly to see what he likes. There are lots of opportunities in nyc but you need a plan of attack, otherwise you waste energy.

1. Better to pick a spot and stick with it. In NYC, go around NYU or Columbia, or you know there's a lot of other gathering spots. Check out Giovonny's stuff in the approach thread and modify that to work in NYC.

2. You don't need an excuse. But to avoid being bored shitless, bring a book. It's good to have a prop anyway. Being outside makes working on a computer difficult but if you can work at a coffee shop or library, you should do that rather than sit at home. Get yourself out where there are chicks around.

3. Not from NYC so can't help you there. Tons of NYC guys on here. Have you checked travel section for datasheets on NYC daygame? For striking out, sometimes that happens. Either you picked the wrong location or just got unlucky that day. You need to get to where doing approaches is second nature, so if you see someone you like, you approach her without hesitation. Best way to do that is to integrate gaming into your normal life. If you get a mind set of "now is when I daygame", you're starting from the wrong frame. You need to do lots of approaches, no doubt. I'm just saying you'll be more effective when it's part of your routine.

Roosh covers all of this stuff in day bang, only $10 on kindle. Krauser's book is a larger investment but based on reviews I've read and on Krauser's site, it's probably worth it.

Amazon: Day Bang

I read Day Bang and have it on hand, but thanks for the suggestion.

Obviously I want to get to the point where I can just approach anywhere without hesitation, but I feel like I need some consistent practice to get to that point. That's why I made this thread: to see if anyone has any ideas of where I can go to get a couple dozen approaches under my belt. I know I can hold a conversation no problem, I just need to train myself to be open to approaching everyone.

Quote: (05-02-2014 09:39 AM)unbowed Wrote:  

I recommend OP tries a few dozen approaches in/outdoors in/directly to see what he likes. There are lots of opportunities in nyc but you need a plan of attack, otherwise you waste energy.

This is what I realized. Walking around aimlessly like I did last weekend was just a waste of a Saturday.

You'll never be able to approach every girl, and in a place like nyc you'll feel like you're not approaching enough by the sheer volume alone. It's important to slow down and just pick someone. A hotter girl will walk by as you're in.set, you'll always feel like you gotta be doing more, but take it one approach at a time.

For what it's worth i find weekends a waste of time. Everyone wants to unwind and meet up with friends. Mon-thurs have been more fruitful in terms of lonely girls and longer conversations.

Definitely experiment with some styles, it'll suck for a while but you'll find a groove. The hard part is focusing in this city. It's built for distraction.

Quote: (05-02-2014 01:45 PM)unbowed Wrote:  

You'll never be able to approach every girl, and in a place like nyc you'll feel like you're not approaching enough by the sheer volume alone. It's important to slow down and just pick someone. A hotter girl will walk by as you're in.set, you'll always feel like you gotta be doing more, but take it one approach at a time.

For what it's worth i find weekends a waste of time. Everyone wants to unwind and meet up with friends. Mon-thurs have been more fruitful in terms of lonely girls and longer conversations.

Definitely experiment with some styles, it'll suck for a while but you'll find a groove. The hard part is focusing in this city. It's built for distraction.

I assumed the opposite since everyone in this city seems to be all about their careers. Do you wait for after people get off work (6-8 PM) or do you head out in the middle of the day?

Quote: (05-02-2014 01:49 PM)tawillionaire Wrote:  

I assumed the opposite since everyone in this city seems to be all about their careers. Do you wait for after people get off work (6-8 PM) or do you head out in the middle of the day?

Little of both. I try and mix it up. The thing is you never know until you approach. Girls are always 'busy', the only downtime it seems they have is trolling online dating late at night. Finding girls that are available and into you just takes time. I've been blown out harshly by one girl and then gotten into a wonderful conversation with the next girl within a few minutes and vice versa.

Nyc is an everflowing river. There are anal-retentive don't-be-late-to-bathroom-break girls and more laxidaisical don't-care girls. This can apply to career girls, college girls, tourists, baristas, whatever. It all depends on what's happening that moment for them.

You have to read the girl before you approach. For example in Day Bang, Roosh doesn't recommend stopping fast walkers on the street. You have to read the girl's 'rhythm'. I've seen an array of rhythms in the morning, day and evening from an array of girls.

It's hard to distill an 'essence' to nyc as you really have to pay attention to the situation at hand and adjust accordingly. Technically I've 'day-gamed' past 10pm even though everyone's in nightlife mode. There are simply too many variables to boil it down to "this type of girl with this type of attitude in this neighborhood."

Once you start approaching regularly, you'll start to see patterns, regardless of whether the girl has a career, is a student or tourist.

It sounds cliche but the best thing to do is keep your eyes open. Read the techy side to daygame, internalize it then just mess around. There are days where I go crazy direct and others where I'm stupidly low energy indirect. I do well with both, I fumble with both. It's a game that requires practice and can be both annoying and fun.

Interesting. When I'm out in the city I tend to be really focused on the task at hand (buying groceries, walking as fast as I can to work, etc). Because I'm focused I don't really notice girls in normal situations until it's too late, or my heads not in the right place when I do see them, and I miss the opportunity. That's why I want to go out with a plan and say "ok, now is the time I'm going to approach strangers."

Seems like you're saying that taking things slowly and always being ready is the way to go.

coffee shops around NYU are good. I used to go to columbia, trust me, the only good looking girls are the ones you'll see on the 1 train ride up there.

NYU is the way to go, the female / male ratio is already skewed, and the amount of gays further skews it in your favor. Unfortunately you won't be able to game inside campus as all buildings require swipe access to get in.

Quote: (05-02-2014 01:28 PM)tawillionaire Wrote:  

Problem is, I don't even know where to start.

Day Game starts the moment you walk out of your front door!

As soon as you leave your house, be ready to talk to any cute girl you see.

That's all Day Game is.. Talking to girls in public! You don't need any special routines, lines, or theories.

When you see a cute girl, talk to her. It's that simple.

You can Direct -- "hey you look nice today"

Or,

You can go Indirect -- "excuse me, does this train go downtown"

Don't over think it. Keep it simple.

Saying SOMETHING is better than saying NOTHING.

You will embarrass yourself, you will make mistakes, don't get discouraged, you are a newbie in training, allow yourself to make mistakes, a lot of this is "trial and error", every cute girl you see is an opportunity for practice, be more agressive!

I run into women everywhere I go.

Talk to them!

"hi how are you?"
"i like your dress"
"are those ear rings from africa?"
"how do you cook those things"
"are these ones any good"
"hey is the movie theatre around here?"
"you look great today, whats your name?"
"are you from out of town?"
"cool boots"
"excuse me, i saw you over there and i have to ask you, are you from portugal?"
"hey you ready for the yankees game"
"did you see that guy going crazy over there? what a whacko!"

Just say something!

How do you run day game?

Don't look at it as "running day game".

Just TALK to girls.

Just have a normal conversation. Except, try to find a common connection between the two of you, find something in common to talk about, use this commonality to build a connection with her. Try to identify her interests and passions, probe these interests, ask about them. Stay light-hearted and use humor.

If you get any momentum going, ask her if she wants to talk again sometime..

"lets grab a drink or something sometime, i'll show you my pics from brazil"

"lets discuss this over coffee tmw"

"hey i gotta run but can i take your number and maybe take you out for a drink later?"

"lets chat again sometime"

Etc, etc.

Do you pick a spot and stick with it (like a coffee shop) or do you bounce around?

Personally, I like to bounce around because staying in one spot usually limits the amount of girls you will see.

How many approachable girls will be in a coffee shop? Maybe 3-5? It's hard to approach all of them in a short period of time..

I would rather "bounce around" a major university and be surrounded by thousands of approachable girls, literally.

Just say you are "meeting some friends in a few minutes".

Or, say that you are walking through the park because you "need to think about a business idea".

Or, say that you are "headed to a store/market" that is near the park.

Or, say that you just "enjoy walking in the park."

In my opinion, the best places to day game are large universities and busy shopping districts.

Quote: (05-02-2014 01:28 PM)tawillionaire Wrote:  

if anyone has any ideas of where I can go to get a couple dozen approaches under my belt.

See above.

(universities and shopping areas)

Walking around aimlessly like I did last weekend was just a waste of a Saturday.

Yes!

Don't walk around "aimlessly"!

Have a game plan..

If you need to do a few dozen approaches to "get your feet wet" -- Go to a university or fancy shopping area and get your approaches in. Do at least 6-7 per hour.

Or,

If you don't want to block out a period of time just for day gaming -- Just talk to the girls that you run into throughout your normal everyday routine.. At the store, at the bank, on the train, walking down the street, at a coffee shop, etc.

When I was just starting, I did the first method because I needed the practice.. Now, that I have a lot of experience.. I just use the 2nd method..

Quote: (05-02-2014 01:49 PM)tawillionaire Wrote:  

Do you wait for after people get off work (6-8 PM) or do you head out in the middle of the day?

Every time I leave my house, I am ready to talk to girls.

8am or 8pm.. If you see a cute girl, talk to her.

Here are a ton of examples:

"I saw a cute half asian-half white girl walking, I timed it so we would get to the corner at the same time. I walked along side her, just in front of her for a few seconds to let her observe me. As we approached the corner, I slowed down to let her catch up..

me: nice dog tag
her: oh this (touching her necklace)
me: ya i have the same one (showing her my similar black dog tag)
her: we have good taste
me: haha what class do you have?
her: english
me: do you like english
her: no i hate it
me: what class do you like?
her: im a math person
me: well, you can't be great at everything i guess
her: what class do you have
me: im doing a workshop for some athletes
her: oh cool
me: are you from san francisco?
her: no im from the east bay
me: are you freezing over here?
her: yes!

We walked onto campus and chatted. She was giving me good eye contact and asking me questions. Then she stopped walking..

her: my class is in this building
me: oh okay, im going this way
her: nice talking with you
me: we should do it again something
her: it was really nice chatting with you but im with someone
me: oh too bad, are you sure you don't need a friend like me?
her: haha its probably better if i don't
me: k see you around.

Maybe I could have pushed it further. But, I let it go. I felt good because this was my first approach of the day, literally seconds after I got out of my car. She gave me a good response. I knew the clothes were helping already.

I was in the library. A group of 4 girls walked past me, one of them smiled at me. We held eye contact for a second or two. They went to sit at a table. I stood in front of a coffee stand and pretended to be texting, I kept my eye on her trying to think of a way to approach. She got up and went to get some napkins by herself. I walked right over and met her face to face. When we locked eyes, we both kind of smiled again..

me: hey
her: hey
me: what are you guys studying?
her: we are just brainstorming for english
me: oh thats nice its always more fun in a group
her: ya and less work
me: i though maybe we knew each other?
her: i don't know
me: maybe i just smiled because you looked cute
her: thanks
me: where are you from
her: la
me: ya how long have you been up here?
her: this is my first year
me: how you liking it?
her: its great so far
me: sf is a fun place, so much to explore
her: its very interesting
me: what are you italian?
her: no im persian
me: persian? you look white
her: i know im mixed with german
me: oh shit persian and german watch out!
her: haha what are you?
me: latin and white
her: good mix
me: ha thanks whats your name
her: vanessa
me: im gio. im thinking we should hang out sometime
her: sure

Gave me her number. Energy was good. Good prospect.

Beautiful brown skin girl. Dressed in all white. Great body. Walking through the library. She goes into an elevator by herself, I'm right behind her. Perfect! I enter the elevator..

me: hi
her: what floor?
me: 4th please
her: ok
me: thanks, you look nice today
her: thank you
me: what nationality are you
her: palistinian
me: oh i see, palistinaieans are pretty
her: you think so?
me: i do now!

The elevator door opened. She started to get off.

me: hey let me ask you something
her: ok
me: i know this is crazy but are you single? i'd like to call you sometime.
her: well, actually im not, but im flattered, thank you
me: really? (pretending to be disappointed)
her: yes
me: oh well

Again, even though she claimed to have a bf, I knew the clothes were helping. I was getting pretty good responses from these girls.

I was walking through the dorms. I see a cute filapina with a hot little body..

me: excuse me
her: ya
me: where is the gym around here?
her: oh its just around the corner
me: ok thanks
her: sure
me; i can see you have been working out, you are in great shape
her: oh haha i ran track in high school
me: where at?
her: in la, eaglerock
me: oh thats a nice part of la right?
her: ya i guess
me: are you asian?
her: ya filapina
me: you are kind of cute
her: thanks
me: wanna hang out sometime
her: oh i don't think so
me: do you think im too old for you or something
her: no its just you know
me: thats ok i was just kidding!
her: haha
me: but now im serious, can i call you later
her: sorry

No luck. She was cute. On to the next one.

I'm exiting the dorms. A girl opens me..

her: nice cardigan
me: thank you

We both stop. There is a little tension and chemistry. Perfect!!

me: i was just gonna stop you and tell you nice skirt
her: oh i read your mind
me: you are psychic
her: maybe
me: you look great, i can tell you've been working out
her: thank you
me: are you done for the day
her: yes and im a little sick so um going home to nap
me: oh yes go eat and rest.
her: i need to
me: make some juice
her: i just got a juicer

We chat a little more about school and music. Then I say..

me: are we going to see each other again?
her: i think thats a good idea

I take her number. Another good prospect.

About 2 minutes later, I am crossing the street, I see a cutie, I do a Krauser type approach..

We are walking opposite directions. I touch her arm..

me: the reason i stopped you is because you look very nice today, whats your name?
her: angela
me: angela, im gio where are you from?
her: riverside
me: oh you must be cold up here
her: actually i like it
me: you like or natural air conditioning?
her: yes, i was sick of the heat
me: well you came to the right place
her: i know
me: are you latina?
her: latina and asian
me: interesting

Blah, blah, blah.

me: I like to take you out sometime
her: i don't know
me: you think you are too young for me?
her: no its just that, well..
me: no worries

She wasn't interested. But, I love that style of approach.

Girl is smoking a cig, she has on a weird but cool sweater. Its a little crowded so I walk right in front of her and almost brush against her..

me: i like your shawl
her: oh thanks, its a poncho
me: haha thats the old fashioned way of saying it
her: haha i still say poncho
me: its different
her: thats why i like it
me: you remind me of fleetwood mac
her: the singer?
me: ya
her: why?
me: you dress like her, mysterious and sexy
her: i need to check her out
me: ya you would love her
her: do you like her music?

We talk for about 10 minutes about music and groups that we like. We make a connection based on music.

me: when are we gonna drink beer and listen to music together
her: you wanna take my number

Another good prospect in the funnel.

Hot white girl. Yoga pants. I time it so we arrive at the walking path at the same time..

me: what are those furry things on your bag?
her: oh those are rabbits feet.
me: they match your bag
her: ya they do huh
me: were you exercising?
her: no i just like to be comfortable at school
me: you have an accent
her: im from the ukraine
me: oh how long have you been here?
her: 10 years
me: oh you are almost american then
her: not really

We chat about school and ukraine. She is giving me good eye contact and not trying to end the conversation. I help her find an office.

me: should we hang out again sometime
her: thanks but i have a bf

Whatever! Next!

Another cute latina walking past me. Another Krauser type approach..

me: you look nice today, i love your feminine walk and your funny style.
her: haha thank you

She just looked at me waiting to see what I would say next.

me: are you from around here.
her: no fresno
me: oh i have alot of family there
her: really?

Blah, blah, blah

me: lets grab a beer together something
her: only as freinds
me: oh no
her: i have a bf

Fuck! Next!

I'm at the store. Cute white girl. Blond. Tight jeans. I do what I always do when I see a cute girl at the store. I grab whatever item she is looking at. She is looking at lunch meat. I step right in next to her and grab some salami..

me: you eat this stuff?!?
her: well, not the salami, i get turkey
me: oh ok, i was gonna ask you how you stay in such great shape
her: I just eat the turkey plain
me: you look like you have good genetics also
her: i hope so
me: where you from?
her: san diego
me: i love sd, i have fam in ocean beach
her: ha ocean beach is crazy
me: ya we are crazy people haha
her: ha what do you do with all that salami?
me: its for my dad, he likes salami sandwiches
her: oh
me: what are you studying?
her: literature
me: oh, what are your reading now?

Yadda, yadda, yadda

We had pretty good energy and a decent connection.

me: wanna have coffee or a beer together sometime?
her: sorry, im with someone

I didn't push it.

Quote: (05-02-2014 07:35 PM)tawillionaire Wrote:  

Interesting. When I'm out in the city I tend to be really focused on the task at hand (buying groceries, walking as fast as I can to work, etc). Because I'm focused I don't really notice girls in normal situations until it's too late, or my heads not in the right place when I do see them, and I miss the opportunity. That's why I want to go out with a plan and say "ok, now is the time I'm going to approach strangers."

Seems like you're saying that taking things slowly and always being ready is the way to go.

If you can't afford to be late to work, you have to be ok with letting girls go by. It's easy to burn out and sabotage your productivity if you're approaching everything in sight on the way to work [Image: lol.gif] However If you're on your time running errands, it's a good idea to ease yourself into the tasks so you won't have this 'checklist' mentality that rushes you and gets you second guessing.

After getting your feet wet, you'll be able to switch from your tasks to opening more quickly. In the beginning it took me a while to 'warm up' so dedicating blocks of time to daygame is important, say 2-3 solid hours at a time. Rack up the approaches so the territory becomes familiar. Then once you get some experience under your belt, you'll have another tool in your arsenal.

I'll teach you a day game trick I learned from a local Chinese guy in China. This guy was unbelievably one of the best natural approachers I have ever met, and he made it look so easy.

His thing was he just loves to talk and flirt. So what he would do is just talk to random people everywhere.

Waiting to be seated at the restaurant? He will open the server in Chinese, "So is it usually busy on Tuesdays here?"
Waiting for the bus, He'll ask a chick on the stop, "Does this bus always take this long? I have to go home to ___"

He does this all the time. Here's the most important thing. He randomly talks to guys too, and that really surprised me. He'd randomly chat up bartenders, servers, cigarette store vendors. He has a genuine interest in their lives and ask them about their jobs. He uses the old men opener Roosh uses.

So how did I practice this to get away from all the approach anxiety? I started talking to every one too. Bus drivers, cab drivers, hairstylists, random shoppers, etc.

If you are too anxious, start with salesmen, waiters and doormen. Or even start with dudes. When you ask dudes a random help question, they will be much nicer to you. It may sound gay, but it will absolutely help you. It will put you to a better mindset. Some times I'm in the metro and bored, so I'll talk to the guy next to me about sports etc, whatever. It's just become my lifestyle you know. I have zero approach anxiety in the day, but I'm really bad at night game.

Talk to old guys who got nothing to do but talk. That's how I got myself to talk too much. Next thing you know you will have zero approach anxiety and could approach anybody.

^ I have no problem with approach anxiety. I'm probably really similar to your Chinese friend -- I can make small talk with anybody. I have a friend from Israel who hates that about me. Apparently Israelis are all business and don't like to make small talk at all.

The main things I'm getting from this thread are 1) be more mindful of your surroundings 2) when you do notice someone, say something. That's a huge realization for me because I was trying to treat it like night game (go out at a certain time, hit on girls, act like a jerk, get laid).