rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Game Theory - Quora Edition

http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-introduce-...first-time

The second answer in this was quite different from what I've occaisionally read in the manosphere:

Quote:Quote:

The moment you first see her it's important to remain calm and refrain from any sudden movements.

Step 1) Assess the environment for obstacles. Note where other people are standing. Plan your approach carefully.

Step 2) Very gradually inch towards her making sure not to alert her. A good strategy is to pretend to be reading a book or playing with your mobile phone.

Step 3) Once you are 15 feet from her, hold that position. Now it's time to make her aware of your presence. Begin a series of slow but elaborate movements with your arms, but do not make eye contact

Step 4) Soon she will notice you. Remember to keep that distance of 15 feet. Continue the movement. After a few minutes she will realize you are not an immediate threat and stop paying attention to you. You are now an accepted part of her environment providing you don't make any sudden movements. I can't emphasize that part enough; I've seen some men at this stage so pleased with their progress that they've run straight at her shouting "HELLO MY NAME IS..." with catastrophic results.

Step 5) Approach in a zig-zag pattern, not directly, so as not to startle her. Start humming to prepare her for the prospect of vocal communication but do not face her at this point.

Step 6) When you are 3 feet away slowly turn towards her and grin. Turn and grin, not grin and turn. Grin and turn is creepy.

Step 7) If you've made it this far, begin communication. You should start by reassuring her that you are not in fact mad. Many women are suspicious of men who might be mad. Tell her that madness is something you are totally unfamiliar with, other than in passing and even then you know little of the details.

Step 7) Ask her questions and listen carefully for the answers. You won't get this opportunity often.

Step 8) Dinner. You are hungry. Perhaps go off to find a nice restaurant. Make sure she doesn't follow you though.

Now. I'm married, so I don't approach women anymore. Since I am currently stuck where I am, my approach to game has been to 1.) improve my career so I can get out - and 2.) in the mean time make my marriage more enjoyable (with good results)

So, I really don't read "approach" theory much. This answer however, is leaves me feeling: [Image: huh.gif][Image: huh.gif][Image: huh.gif][Image: huh.gif][Image: huh.gif][Image: huh.gif][Image: huh.gif]

Clearly some of this is just satire, but some of the other pieces, leave me asking is this [Image: gtfo.gif]

or

[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

??

Thx for the link. I finally found the missing piece to my game... zig-zag walk up and humming.

Is that sarcasm?

There's nothing particularly wrong with it, aside from the part about madness. And the turn and grin, not grin and turn.

See a chick, make your way over to her.
Don't run up on her, all pressed and thirsty.
Don't smile, just talk.

Standard indirect approach. (And that word indirect has way too much baggage and connotation. )

In a social environment, like a house party, you just start talking, about anything, no introduction, unless the chick hooks and asks you, or volunteers.

Men need to learn how to read actively, and not so literally.

WIA

Quote: (04-29-2014 03:15 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

There's nothing particularly wrong with it, aside from the part about madness. And the turn and grin, not grin and turn.

See a chick, make your way over to her.
Don't run up on her, all pressed and thirsty.
Don't smile, just talk.

Standard indirect approach. (And that word indirect has way too much baggage and connotation. )

In a social environment, like a house party, you just start talking, about anything, no introduction, unless the chick hooks and asks you, or volunteers.

Men need to learn how to read actively, and not so literally.

WIA

Well I didn't read the article just your summary. I agree with WIA particularly the last sentence. Make eye contact early if possible (can't do that staring at her ass) and especially when you're talking to her. Don't be thirsty.

What's all this "zig zag" bullshit? There's no problem with going right up and talking to her. You could probably interrupt her mid conversation if you did it right. God knows I've spent enough of my life waiting for the perfect moment that never comes. You're a human being. We talk to each other.

Quote: (04-29-2014 06:30 PM)RockHard Wrote:  

Well I didn't read the article just your summary. I agree with WIA particularly the last sentence. Make eye contact early if possible (can't do that staring at her ass) and especially when you're talking to her. Don't be thirsty.

What's all this "zig zag" bullshit? There's no problem with going right up and talking to her. You could probably interrupt her mid conversation if you did it right. God knows I've spent enough of my life waiting for the perfect moment that never comes. You're a human being. We talk to each other.

Lemme break down the zig zag.

1. You see a girl
2. You want to make your way over there
3. You're not in a hurry to do it. You're not pressed, you're not thirsty. You're a man with options, with game.
4. As you zig and zag, you're talking to people
5. Externally, this shows everyone that you're social
6. Internally, this warms you up
7. She may not even notice you at all, but if she does see you - you're being a social butterfly shows how well you get along with people.
8. By the time you get there, you've small talked a bit, gotten some social situation intel, and you're ready to let the game fall out.

It's no different than how you handle day game
- do you run up to her?
- do you come from the side?
- do come at her diagonally?
- how do you stop her?

Have you ever been accosted by one of those charity pick up artists? They stand right in front of you, telegraphing what they want, and you know it's not going to be a pleasant experience.

Same thing happens in the night game
- seated at the bar?
- Standing at the bar?
- Seated at a table?

Most guys operate on a hunter's mindset.

They don't approach groups.
They try to stay down wind from the prey.
They wait for the target to peel off from the pack, probably going to the loo.
They focus on the sick and weak (aka the tipsy)
Then it's strength to overcome her defenses - in the form of alcohol, gifts, compliments

This isn't "direct", this is just a brute force attack on a single chick.

And even then, most guys are scared shitless and nervous about talking to someone they outweigh by 50 lbs at least (or 10 lbs if you're in America)

If you want the interaction to be smooth on your part (reduce your own stress) and her part (reduce hers), then you should think about this shit. Folks debating Strongs Lifts versus Starting Strength, or Primal versus Paleo, but never think about that their might be a better way than trying to overwhelm a bitch with "Alpha".

It used to be okay to think about and talk about the practical aspects of actually picking up a girl.

WIA

Quote: (04-29-2014 06:55 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2014 06:30 PM)RockHard Wrote:  

Lemme break down the zig zag.

1. You see a girl
2. You want to make your way over there
3. You're not in a hurry to do it. You're not pressed, you're not thirsty. You're a man with options, with game.
4. As you zig and zag, you're talking to people
5. Externally, this shows everyone that you're social
6. Internally, this warms you up
7. She may not even notice you at all, but if she does see you - you're being a social butterfly shows how well you get along with people.
8. By the time you get there, you've small talked a bit, gotten some social situation intel, and you're ready to let the game fall out.

It's no different than how you handle day game
- do you run up to her?
- do you come from the side?
- do come at her diagonally?
- how do you stop her?

Have you ever been accosted by one of those charity pick up artists? They stand right in front of you, telegraphing what they want, and you know it's not going to be a pleasant experience.

Same thing happens in the night game
- seated at the bar?
- Standing at the bar?
- Seated at a table?

Most guys operate on a hunter's mindset.

They don't approach groups.
They try to stay down wind from the prey.
They wait for the target to peel off from the pack, probably going to the loo.
They focus on the sick and weak (aka the tipsy)
Then it's strength to overcome her defenses - in the form of alcohol, gifts, compliments

This isn't "direct", this is just a brute force attack on a single chick.

And even then, most guys are scared shitless and nervous about talking to someone they outweigh by 50 lbs at least (or 10 lbs if you're in America)

If you want the interaction to be smooth on your part (reduce your own stress) and her part (reduce hers), then you should think about this shit. Folks debating Strongs Lifts versus Starting Strength, or Primal versus Paleo, but never think about that their might be a better way than trying to overwhelm a bitch with "Alpha".

It used to be okay to think about and talk about the practical aspects of actually picking up a girl.

WIA

OK, the zig zag makes more sense now. I had (still have) a problem with waiting for a good time to open a chick and lose a lot of approaches, so I thought that's what was meant by zig zag.

I see what you mean. You can come off too much as a salesman trying to get someone to sign up for Dish Network. Turns the focus from seduction into sales.

^^^There's a variation on an old saying

Why RUN down the hill to fuck one (bitch), when you can CREEP down the hill to fuck em' all...

MDP