rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Found a Profitable Side Hustle

Back in N.A for a while and looking to supplement my 9-5 income.

A while ago I found out about this product from a regular squeeze who actually started smoking it right after sex.

[Image: UB_Pack_MU_3b_1024x1024.jpg?v=1396933419]

http://uberpuffs.com/

There "E-Hookahs" that are really just nicotine free flavored electronic cigarettes. They claim on their website you can make a profit of 30% per box. This return is way higher if you purchase their "2 for 1" deal. The nutshell math with the "2 for 1" deal is 100$ cost, 360$ gross, 260$ profit. 12 units per box.

Quote:Quote:

"Wholesale Box of Uber Vape Electronic Hookah

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE

0% Nicotine, No tar No ash and No mess.

This product wholesales for 99.95 $ and the suggested MSRP is 12-14.95 $ per unit resulting in 30% (Retail) profit margin per unit and an 80% (Retail) profit margin per box of 12.

Shipping is FREE to all North American locations.*"

So 10 days ago I took the plunge and ordered some, my experience detailed below:

Day 1 (Monday): Ordered "2 for 1" deal, 2 packs for the price of 1, 24 units for 100$

Day 4: Received order, shipping was free and prompt. Even though it was cross border as there warehouse is in USA and I am in Canada. Packaging was normal and product was as described.

Included in addition to the two boxes was a sampler pack of 3 of their new flavors (Blueberry Blast, Arctic Orange, Watermelon Krush) I consumed those myself and was very satisfied with the flavor and longevity as compared to other disposable E Cigs.

Day 5: Called up my main squeeze (University student at large uni, think 23k students in engineering alone) Got her to spread the word and start collecting orders/cash. Also spread the word among my peer group via social media and a (Paid/Promoted) ad in local classifieds for pick up/cash only.

Day 6: Offloaded 10 onto main squeeze for gross 150$ cash. Sold another 5 on local classified for gross 75$ cash.

Day 7: Totaled 225$ Gross so far, recruited younger brother to hustle at his high school and sent him along with 5 pieces for a trial. Sold another 4 on classifieds for 60$ Gross. Brother returns home and hands me 75$ Cash.

Day 8: All units sold. (April 19th)

Initial investment: 100$
Gross Sales: 360$
Promotional costs: 10$ (Online Classified Ad)
Labor: Brother (Free) Squeeze (Semen Made in House cost=none)
Profit: 250$
Time: 4 days excluding 4 days for shipping.

My classified ad is still running for 21 more days (10$ for 30 days) and I have received 21 inquiries which I have told to hold off until I get more and continue to receive them daily.

I have reinvested my cash into ordering 6 more boxes using their "2 for 1" deal. I have had flyers printed up and distributed on campus as well as have been contacting retail stores (gas stations convenience stores ie) asking if there interested in the product. So far at the time of writing I have pre sold 40 units (not boxes) total.

This will net me 600$ with those orders alone and I still have 32 more units to sell. If all goes well and all units are sold with the first week I receive them this is what the books should look like:

Initial investment: 300$
Gross: 1080$
Profit: 780$

Not bad for roughly an hour a days work on my end.

Definitely going to scale this up and will keep the forum posted on the status of my hustle here. Keep in mind I haven't even been doing this for 2 weeks so it could go bust. But so far I like my odds.

For the record I am not the Super Seller they feature on there website.

CEO

Awesome.

There's another brand called ECSmokes. It's the best e-cig I've ever had (highest vaporization) and the flavors are absolutely delicious. You'd swear you're smoking chocolate or apple.

Don't know the profit margin but a great product creates repeat customers.

Good job man.

Looking at their site, I imagine they are just ordering them white label from a factory in China. Then they are getting college kids to sell for them. Basically a mini MLM type of deal. "If you buy a box from us at this price, you can sell it at this price to your friends/dorm mates/etc."

You could probably replicate their entire business model fairly easily if you wanted. Check Alibaba.com. I can imagine there is a thousand factories making this shit with low minimums.

If you could get a list of email addresses of students at universities, the bigger the better, you can then use Facebook retargeting to target them specifically with Facebook ads. The ads are very cheap and you can literally just plug your email list into Facebook and it will target everyone who has a Facebook account associated with the emails from that list.

Though, you may have to check their terms of service. Not sure smokeless tobacco is allowed or not.

Quote: (04-19-2014 02:29 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Awesome.

There's another brand called ECSmokes. It's the best e-cig I've ever had (highest vaporization) and the flavors are absolutely delicious. You'd swear you're smoking chocolate or apple.

Checked them out and ordered a starter kit for myself. Will post a review when I get it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote: (04-19-2014 02:54 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Good job man.

Looking at their site, I imagine they are just ordering them white label from a factory in China. Then they are getting college kids to sell for them. Basically a mini MLM type of deal. "If you buy a box from us at this price, you can sell it at this price to your friends/dorm mates/etc."

You could probably replicate their entire business model fairly easily if you wanted. Check Alibaba.com. I can imagine there is a thousand factories making this shit with low minimums.

If you could get a list of email addresses of students at universities, the bigger the better, you can then use Facebook retargeting to target them specifically with Facebook ads. The ads are very cheap and you can literally just plug your email list into Facebook and it will target everyone who has a Facebook account associated with the emails from that list.

Though, you may have to check their terms of service. Not sure smokeless tobacco is allowed or not.

For sure I could yeah. I spoke with Spencer Benterud the CEO on Skype, a phone call not text chat. Ridiculously charismatic guy. Ive been to Amway and Vemma events so I know that brand of charisma. I listen to the C Mcqueen podcast and he kind of reminded me of him actually. Looking at alibaba that seems to be what they have done. But their E juice formula comes from the states and is shipped to China apparently. Probably why the flavors are so good.

Great post CEO. How much do you sell each one individual? I might look in to this side venture.

Quote: (04-19-2014 10:59 AM)Mike2334 Wrote:  

Great post CEO. How much do you sell each one individual? I might look in to this side venture.

Hi Mike, I retail them at 15.00 a piece to customers. Gives me a 30% margin. As I said above the 2 for 1 deal gives you a great head start.

Update on status, Have pre-sold the remainder of my stock, 2 boxes (24 units) to a convenience store and the remainder (8) to my main squeeze.

Current stats are as follows:

Initial investment: 300$
Gross: 1080$
Profit: 780$

Money isnt in hand yet as I havent received the latest order. But once it is I plan on reinvesting 3/4 of it and using the remaining 1/4 to add into my escape N.A fund.

Ill keep the thread updated so long as theirs interest.

CEO

Always good to see others out there hustling... agree if you are able to get a regular stream of customers to go directly to the manufacturer. You'd be surprised how some Chinese manufacturers will take small orders.

Quote: (04-20-2014 02:46 AM)booshala Wrote:  

Always good to see others out there hustling... agree if you are able to get a regular stream of customers to go directly to the manufacturer. You'd be surprised how some Chinese manufacturers will take small orders.

I plan to for sure, just have to establish a larger base before I go on my own.

CEO

Great hustle!

However:
They need to work on their marketing strategy

If collage kids are the target, this is not the guy to promote the product.

CEO,

Sounds like you have a solid plan rolling, caught my interest. I know you said you're main demo is college age, but what size area are you working out of? I'm in a metro area of only about 200,000 here, though there's 3 uni's in that, I'm wondering what kind of turnaround rate I'd get in such a small area. Thanks in advance man.

Good info.
This seem to be popular around my area and I can def. see these being sold out. Why didn't I think of this before kind of moment, thanks!

Btw anybody have ideas of what else is popular among this demographic? I wouldn't have a clue what the status quo is ..e

Quote: (04-20-2014 05:00 AM)pants Wrote:  

Great hustle!

However:
They need to work on their marketing strategy

If collage kids are the target, this is not the guy to promote the product.

Quote: (04-20-2014 07:44 AM)jessup25 Wrote:  

Agreed, I noticed they took him off thee website but ill email them and tell them to get him off youtube.

CEO,

Sounds like you have a solid plan rolling, caught my interest. I know you said you're main demo is college age, but what size area are you working out of? I'm in a metro area of only about 200,000 here, though there's 3 uni's in that, I'm wondering what kind of turnaround rate I'd get in such a small area. Thanks in advance man.

You could definitely do it, I assume between the 3 unis you have maybe 10k to 20k students? More than enough, with a craigslist of local classified ad as well youd be more than profitable. Especially with their "2 for 1" deal.

Quote: (04-20-2014 12:26 PM)OMYG Wrote:  

Good info.
This seem to be popular around my area and I can def. see these being sold out. Why didn't I think of this before kind of moment, thanks!

Btw anybody have ideas of what else is popular among this demographic? I wouldn't have a clue what the status quo is ..e

Not sure what else is popular right now. Maybe take a stab at the e hookahs see if you have any success.

CEO

Yeah i'm going to do something very similar to this. I planned on buying solid vaporizers off of alibaba (huge wholesale site) and selling them to kids at school. (for tobacco use only of course)

Quote: (04-20-2014 03:48 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

Yeah i'm going to do something very similar to this. I planned on buying solid vaporizers off of alibaba (huge wholesale site) and selling them to kids at school. (for tobacco use only of course)

Careful, good cash of course but might get raped for selling Tobacco paraphernalia to a minor. Big offence where I live.

CEO

Quote: (04-20-2014 04:10 PM)CEO Wrote:  

Careful, good cash of course but might get raped for selling Tobacco paraphernalia to a minor. Big offence where I live.

CEO

true, could get kind of sketchy so i'd have to be careful. Defiantly won't sell on campus... Also Might just say i'm selling them to used with niccotine free e-cig liquid or herbal smoke blends.

Can these types of vaporisers be used to vaporise cannabis, or do they just work with liquids? If they do, there is a potential extra market.

Quote: (04-20-2014 04:38 PM)Marmite Wrote:  

Can these types of vaporisers be used to vaporise cannabis, or do they just work with liquids? If they do, there is a potential extra market.

these ones can not. they are disposable non refillable e-hookahs
but there are products out there that can

Correct there disposibles only.

Quote: (04-20-2014 04:22 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2014 04:10 PM)CEO Wrote:  

CEO

true, could get kind of sketchy so i'd have to be careful. Defiantly won't sell on campus... Also Might just say i'm selling them to used with niccotine free e-cig liquid or herbal smoke blends.

True they cant give you shit for a nicotine free product, but then again paraphernalia is an all encompassing term these days haha. Try it youll definetely make back you investment. Not to mention you get to be "That guy" without the risk of being a Drug Dealer

Quote: (04-20-2014 05:52 PM)CEO Wrote:  

Not to mention you get to be "That guy" without the risk of being a Drug Dealer

[Image: dancingman.gif]

Awesome.

I looked around online, I'm probably just a moron but I can't find a supplier for less than retail. Any leads?

You could probably find a generic brand similar to them but there juice is most likely custom so you need to buy the rel thing,
Quote: (04-21-2014 01:37 AM)jessup25 Wrote:  

Awesome.

I looked around online, I'm probably just a moron but I can't find a supplier for less than retail. Any leads?

Quote: (04-21-2014 01:52 PM)CEO Wrote:  

You could probably find a generic brand similar to them but there juice is most likely custom so you need to buy the rel thing,

Good point, I didn't consider it being a larger company. Maybe after a little testing with this uber stuff I'll find a manufacturer, albeit I'm reserved about using alibaba. Anyone here ever have experience?

Quote: (04-21-2014 05:56 PM)jessup25 Wrote:  

Good point, I didn't consider it being a larger company. Maybe after a little testing with this uber stuff I'll find a manufacturer, albeit I'm reserved about using alibaba. Anyone here ever have experience?

My sister in law orders childrens clothes from Alibaba, and has never had a problem. Her orders are usually over £300 and include free shipping. She has had plenty of problems with European suppliers though, go figure.

Quote: (04-21-2014 05:56 PM)jessup25 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-21-2014 01:52 PM)CEO Wrote:  

No exp on Alibaba but Ubers great best of luck!