rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kitestring: The Whiteknighting App

https://www.kitestring.io/

"On that night almost four years ago, I called my best friend and made her talk to me for the entire 20 minute walk, so that she could notify the authorities/my parents/large news stations if I was to go missing. Yes, I am paranoid, but I’m not the first and won't be the last woman to have this fear. Almost every woman I know has walked home at least once knowing no one would be checking in to see if they made it home okay, and that thought is straight terrifying.

The new web app Kitestring has got your back, girl. Think of Kitestring like your new cool mom/cyber BFF. You program the app with your emergency contacts, your location, and the duration of your trip. At a time you specify, Kitestring sends you a text just to, you know, check up on you. If you are able, you respond to the text and let them know all’s good. If you don’t respond to the text, the app alerts your emergency contacts."

This definitely has potential.

I could see myself talking to a girl waiting for the bus and offering her a ride home...
Then go grab a bite and standard game application till bang.

I don't think its a problem. Most girls are glued to their phone anyway.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

I don't see anything wrong with this. Why shouldn't technology be used to enhance people's safety? Clever ideas like this may decrease the need for police resources, etc.

And I also think it's great that there is yet one more thing in existence making white knights obsolete. Pretty soon, women will have no use for white knights whatsoever. I wonder what these guys will do when women can get everything--or almost everything--from an app, their jobs, family, the gov't, etc.

How are these guys gonna build relational equity when she no longer has to care about your equity? They might actually have to wake the hell up to the true nature of women and this Game.

How is this white knighting or bad?

Nice app if used correctly, but I already see its downside in murrica

1. Girl goes on a date with you, sets a notification
2. She gets tipsy, you bring her home
3. You are making out with her, escalating as planned, she doesn't give a shit about notification because she's horny
4. Friendzone beta white knight gets alerted, time for action
5. He busts through your door, cockblocks you and puts her panties on
6. "I'll do anything for her, so now you fuck me and leave my chaste maiden alone"
7. You notice his effeminate estrogen beta butt in female underwear, your boner pops up
8. She accuses you of being gay and storms out
9. You chase her down the stairs repeatedly shouting "N-no homo!" while her beta chases you in her panties yelling "Stop chasing her! Here, fuck ME!"
10. All your neighbors now think you fuck twinks behind your girlfriend's back
11. You have to sell your apartment and move out

Just don't take the subway where there's no cell signal. [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Guys, this is trouble. False positives will be 100:1. I'm sure the app developers can make it sound insignificant, since the "statistics" say women are in such grave danger constantly and are all so mature that they would never forget to respond to the app.

Out of 100 times it goes off 1 will be real trouble, 50 will be forgot to respond because she's dumb, 20 no signal, 20 forgot because went home with the guy and fucked him, 9 dropped phone in toilet.

Of the 20 who banged their date the girl now has to explain to their roommate/mom/neighbour-who's-a-cop why "that rape app" emailed them while she was out on her first date?? BOOM! 3-4 rape accusations.

This will hurt men multiple times more than it will "protect" women..

Funkyzeit- "you notice his butt.. Get a boner" I know you are joking but that's some straight up [Image: gay.gif] [Image: troll.gif] shot right there.

Stupid app. Society is way to concerned about safety these days. Everything has to be fucking safe now. Without danger life just isnt as fun.

^^^ Although I dislike the idea of women getting raped I agree. I wish as a boy I could have gotten into scraps like my father and grandfather it's like passing of age boy fun. But now fighting is the worst possible thing and everybody is so sensitive the worlds going to become like that plastic wrapped old persons sofa with a layer of protection over everything. People need to stop being afraid of every single thing and start living.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

In theory it's not a bad idea, but based on the app description it will cause particular women who use it to have a very unrealistic idea of what it can do for them, and therefore cause them to be more cavalier than they would otherwise be. The result is that it may ironically put them in more danger.

I say this basically because the girl will overestimate how eager the people in her app will be to help. They have their own lives to lead, even white knights. Non-related people who are notified will be substantially less likely to become involved than the girl thinks. A (healthy) parent would be the best person to be on the list of contacts, but lot's of girls either don't have a healthy parent, or are living far away where it wouldn't be practical for them to be the first contact. Also, with the massive number of false positives that will be generated by this app contacts will just start to ignore notifications entirely.

Secondly, the bit about "large news stations" being contacted and becoming involved is astoundingly naive. An individual girl is not the centre of the universe. While news stations may be interested at some later time, they will be no help at all in tracing an adult female until she is confirmed missing by the police. By then it will be too late for her. The idea that news stations are going to be broadcasting alerts for girls who don't answer their phones is comical, and dangerous for anyone stupid enough to believe it. Dangerous because they will act believing that someone/something has their back when they absolutely do not.

Quote: (04-17-2014 06:10 AM)randomForest Wrote:  

I don't see anything wrong with this. Why shouldn't technology be used to enhance people's safety? Clever ideas like this may decrease the need for police resources, etc.

And I also think it's great that there is yet one more thing in existence making white knights obsolete. Pretty soon, women will have no use for white knights whatsoever. I wonder what these guys will do when women can get everything--or almost everything--from an app, their jobs, family, the gov't, etc.

How are these guys gonna build relational equity when she no longer has to care about your equity? They might actually have to wake the hell up to the true nature of women and this Game.

I was going to say "and what app will fulfill them next, a sex toy app"...and it already exists. http://www.efeelink.com/

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

It's a good concept but it won't work.

I see lots of situations where girls go out and go home with a guy. Sometimes don't even tell anyone. The next day all her friends are calling around to see where said girl is. Turns out she "passed out" at a guys house.

I could see girls getting really drunk and forgetting about the app only to have a situation escalate quickly.

It's stupid. I also don't really see girls in much danger these days. Very rarely do I see a girl walking down the street. Alone. Not on her cell phone. What's with all the stranger danger

Quote: (04-17-2014 08:21 AM)soup Wrote:  

Funkyzeit- "you notice his butt.. Get a boner" I know you are joking but that's some straight up [Image: gay.gif] [Image: troll.gif] shot right there.
That sounded like one of those DirecTV commercials with all the unlikely events.

"When your neighbors think you fuck twinks behind your girlfriend's back, you have to sell your apartment and move out. Don't sell your apartment and move out. Get rid of cable and upgrade to DirecTV."

Updated version of the app will have the following feaures :
Speed date alarm
High heels clicking motion to determine wheter to be alerted or not
An announcement will occur after the girl devour a certain amount of alcohol
Creep list
Douchebag list
Enough commands to have the ability to have conversation with guys to see if thry past the approval test
Hourly " are you okay ? "

Quote: (04-17-2014 01:50 PM)xxMarco Wrote:  

I see lots of situations where girls go out and go home with a guy. Sometimes don't even tell anyone. The next day all her friends are calling around to see where said girl is. Turns out she "passed out" at a guys house.

I could see girls getting really drunk and forgetting about the app only to have a situation escalate quickly.

It's stupid. I also don't really see girls in much danger these days. Very rarely do I see a girl walking down the street. Alone. Not on her cell phone. What's with all the stranger danger

hahaha "I passed out at a guys house" such a classic line.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (04-17-2014 06:58 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (04-17-2014 01:50 PM)xxMarco Wrote:  

hahaha "I passed out at a guys house" such a classic line.

I've heard it used [Image: lol.gif]

I brought this one girl to a big backyard BBQ/Party one time. My friends have a nice tiki bar setup in the back yard. I left her there for an hour to hang out while I went and picked up my friend. When I got back she was kinda drunk. Evidently my friend was playing bartender and poured like 10 different rounds of shots for everybody at the tiki bar.

She saw me walk in and walked over to me laughing and threw her arms around me and said "I think I drank too many shots".

So we ended up partying into the night and crashed on the futon together. She's laying with her head on my chest and her arms around me like girls do. Like 4am her cell starts ringing. It was her boyfriend checking up on her. She tells him that she's at a party and got too drunk to drive home so she crashed on futon and she's ok. Meanwhile we're laying there wrapped around each and I'm sitting there quiet just smiling at her while she straight up lies to this guy. Funny shit.

Team Nachos