rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do women really want Alpha men?

I was in this shoe store last week buying a pair of boots, I waited for the sales clerk to finish up with his "customer". The guy was making excuses and finally said he had to come back with his girlfriend for her opinion.
I then tried on my boots and purchased them within 5 minutes, as the clerk is ringing in my sale - I made a joke about not needing to bring my woman for her opinion. The sales clerk responds with a smile saying that guys come in here all the time with there girlfriends, who literally point at the shoes saying NO, NO, NO, NO and YES.

I see so many of these relationships around that is really makes me wonder, what women truly want.

I myself never pander to women and stay strong like a man, but I think women get a bit scared when you don't soften.

Your thoughts?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

If by scared, you mean wet, then I agree.

You should live for yourself, not for some dame.

What? God no. A woman likes a boy to buy her shit, and listen to her opinions, and she may occasionally bang him because she feels obligated to. Conversely, a woman is attracted to a man with alpha characteristics, and wants to bang him.

Quote: (01-23-2011 12:24 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I was in this shoe store last week buying a pair of boots, I waited for the sales clerk to finish up with his "customer". The guy was making excuses and finally said he had to come back with his girlfriend for her opinion.
I then tried on my boots and purchased them within 5 minutes, as the clerk is ringing in my sale - I made a joke about not needing to bring my woman for her opinion. The sales clerk responds with a smile saying that guys come in here all the time with there girlfriends, who literally point at the shoes saying NO, NO, NO, NO and YES.

I see so many of these relationships around that is really makes me wonder, what women truly want.

I myself never pander to women and stay strong like a man, but I think women get a bit scared when you don't soften.

Your thoughts?

Thing is, men (even beta men) are at their most alpha when they're single and chasing sex. In relationships women freely trade sex for affection and security, so the chase aspect is removed. The addition of things like feelings and affection in a relationship further diminish alphaness.

I've even seen this in myself; when I'm single I'm hungry, and when I'm hungry I take big risks and make big plays; I get blown out but I still post respectable numbers. When I have a girlfriend I feel secure and often don't want anything to fuck it up.

In your dealings with women it's better to veer a little closer to overly alpha than not alpha enough. As I'm single now (and have been for almost three years) when I'm running game on a girl I tease and evade freely, touch her whenever I want and command the room. When I've had a relationship end it's taken me a while to get back to it.

So to answer the question, mostly yes; not all women are equipped to date an alpha male, but a huge majority (think 95-97%) are definitely attracted to them.

I'd say "alphaness" triggers women's circuitry for attraction, but some are more in touch with it than others. Some women actually listen more to their acquired beliefs (religion, conservative morals, hollywood romance guidelines, hallmark marketing, peer pressure, etc) than their primitive brain, so yes I'd say a small percenteage of them actually gets turned on when guys behave properly for the ways mentioned before. They're conditioned robots where the nurture actually beats their nature.

So yeah, I'm in 100% for the Alpha Camp, but some women are bound to be unreachable no matter the amount of alphaness you exude.

its true that they get scared when they find alpha around them...but on the other hand they want this alpha...its like a child want to have a roller coster ride desperately but he is afraid.

the reason we look betas all around them is because they are scared from alpha and feel comfortable with betas.

Some women prefer the classic nice guy who buys roses and takes her to dinner and stuff. I've noticed that women that have had a good relationship with their father are less likely to go after the bad boy and slut around. I can guarantee you that if any of you end up with daughters, you'll be raising them to go for nice guys that write poems and and send flowers. It's not a bad thing that women prefer this stuff. Betas need sex too. Alphas already get their fair share.

Your thoughts?

She's more concerned with making the sale... so I think you're confusing that with what she thinks of men. Women are more likely to convince betas to buy something anyway. As for those women, they like controlling their men like that.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Your thoughts?

Generally, westernised women do not know what they want. I know real women from traditional patriarchal backgrounds who insist that they do not want to lead and would rather have a man do so.

You can not be a leader operating from an emotional base. Emotions are designed for immediate actions. Leadership is a long term, planned process just like playing chess, predictions, counter-moves and rational assessment.

A person operating from such a stand point will constantly be frustrated and will lead his/her team into a ditch.

It's still all about supply and demand. I know you are talking about Toronto, beta-ville. After some careful deliberation, digesting of some of this forum's material as well as analysis of my true nature, I have know that beta-ism is not the way for me.

I was speaking to some lizard a few days ago on the phone. She was trying to make certain demands and statements, talking about I was boring and I told her, you are very argumentative.

She hung up on me and when I tried to call her back, she didn't respond.

I sent her a text guaranteeing that she won't find a man until she adjusts her behaviour.

She sent me a text and tried to call me a few days later which I ignored of course.

My point is, women want a male with alpha characteristics.

You may not get an immediate return but the women will eventually come back as they do not respect beta males on a physiological level.

Here is an analogy.

Junk food is EVERYWHERE in North America and many people have it as a part of their daily nutritional intake.

However, it doesn't change the fact that their body is designed for good wholesome un-processed foods.

The quality of a person's life who intakes crap will constantly decline until they make a dietary change. Some will recognise the signals sooner than others.
Sooner or later, they will have to do what's good for them.

Women need alpha males. Whether we exhibit such behaviour immediately or not, this is the sort of mindset we need to be cognizant of and strive towards in order to be truly content.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I wonder if you could just be picking up on Value discrepancy? Women with a low self perceived value will find it hard to be with a traditional alpha male as represented by these blogs.

"I am the Greatest. I said that before I even knew I was." - Muhammad Ali

Part of practicing game, is believing that you know what women want, even though you aren't a psychic and can't read through their minds. Yes, game and arrogance are indeed related.

Most guys, who dont practice game think that "doing anything she wants to do" is the way to get a woman and keep her happy. In the beginning, they might be right, but women's nature is to go out and seek the best man they can possibly get, and the more you do all the things she likes doing, the more you become her equal, and the more you become just like her, the more likely "her natural instinct" is going to kick in and she's going to start becoming dissatisfied for no conscious reason. She's going to start saying to herself; "I can do better than this guy!" That's when the mood is going to start shifting, the disrespect starts mounting, flaking becomes normal, "celibacy dedications" are pronounced etc. And then you become miserable.

All relationships are dependent on a man being unpredictable, which is what allows a man to maintain his higher status in the relationship and keep his woman from returning to the field to go hunting for a possibly better mate. Game is the only way to be unpredictable, and game is the weapon of the alpha male.

Quote: (05-12-2011 09:22 AM)Jevioso Wrote:  

"I am the Greatest. I said that before I even knew I was." - Muhammad Ali

Part of practicing game, is believing that you know what women want, even though you aren't a psychic and can't read through their minds. Yes, game and arrogance are indeed related.

Most guys, who dont practice game think that "doing anything she wants to do" is the way to get a woman and keep her happy. In the beginning, they might be right, but women's nature is to go out and seek the best man they can possibly get, and the more you do all the things she likes doing, the more you become her equal, and the more you become just like her, the more likely "her natural instinct" is going to kick in and she's going to start becoming dissatisfied for no conscious reason. She's going to start saying to herself; "I can do better than this guy!" That's when the mood is going to start shifting, the disrespect starts mounting, flaking becomes normal, "celibacy dedications" are pronounced etc. And then you become miserable.

All relationships are dependent on a man being unpredictable, which is what allows a man to maintain his higher status in the relationship and keep his woman from returning to the field to go hunting for a possibly better mate. Game is the only way to be unpredictable, and game is the weapon of the alpha male.

This.

The fell into beta quickly with my ex and didn't realize I had until the last few months. You have to remain off-kilter because chicks thrive on the excitement.

Sympathy for the Devil

This is an interesting discussion, because the PUA community seems to put a lot of emphasis on "being alpha", and in many ways most women in mainstream American society do seem to want this archetype. However, it seems like a lot of what are "alpha" and "beta" qualities are too black and white, like you always have to be alpha 24-7 and letting your guard down, being sympathetic, opening up, is beta and always the wrong thing to do.

Mark Manson aka "Entropy" who sometimes posts on these forums, has a great post on his site called "Butchering the Alpha Male", http://www.practicalpickup.com/butcherin...alpha-male , I really like his whole take on what it means to be alpha, the article is very long and starts with a story (which you may want to skip), but it's definitely worth the read. Roosh and Mark are basically the only two guys that I even bother looking at for PUA advice these days.

Interestingly both guys seem to be kind of drifting in opposite directions as far as their views on women go and attitude towards the whole PUA culture. To me, I guess I kind of like being a more spiritual or philosophical guy, I kind of like to find a balance or a "yin and yang" kind of mentality when it comes to pick up and women in general. Roosh has great thoughts and is very blunt and to the point with his advice, while it can often maybe construed as "sexist, misogynistic, and hateful towards women", you all got to admit that most of what he says is right in this fucked up modern society and culture we live in. Meanwhile, Mark seems to be taken a softer more humanistic approach towards pick up and women, sex, relationships, etc., and to me this is healthy counter balance to many of Roosh's views/philosophies. I'm not trying to break this down into a dichotomy of Roosh vs. Mark, but I feel that both perspectives have a lot of value and merit, and sometimes it's not too good to go overboard with one idea, perspective, attitude, etc.

For me, personally, I spent most of my life being the archetype "beta" when dealing with women, and because of it my results with women were dismal. Once discovering Roosh and reading "Bang" I realized I was being waaay too passive, and was able to slowly tap into my "alphaness", which helped me boost my confidence, presence, and overcome a lot of fears/anxieties. However, like Mark points out in his article, like a lot of guys I overcompensated, and over did it if you will and in a lot of instances just acted like a total arrogant, prick or dick, which in a lot of ways gets you attention from girls, but can alienate your friends, and change your personality in a bad kind of way.

Now I am realizing that a lot of my personality contains traits that a lot of PUA guys might call "beta" (i.e. being honest, caring, wanting to be nice, etc.) Maybe a lot of stupid, hot, shallow sluts, aren't into that kind of guy, unfortunately these are the kind of women I normally sexually attracted to, but maybe I shouldn't be, or rather it might not be in my best self inetest to pursue those types of women. Also, I think a guy can be alpha in a lot of ways (lead a woman, stand up for himself, be confidenet, etc.), but at the same time still be honest, nice, caring, etc., it shouldn't be so cut and dry. So for now, I am going to try to take a Taoistic approach to this and incorporate the teaching of Roosh and Entropy into a kind of yin and yang unity, of the greater aspects of Alpha and Beta, some of the positive aspects of both approaches can surely co-exist...?

Women themselves do not know what they want!!!! However, the fact is this.... betas get women and so do alphas and all shades in-between. Question is, do you want to be bossed around?

Quote: (05-12-2011 07:06 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Your thoughts?

She's more concerned with making the sale... so I think you're confusing that with what she thinks of men. Women are more likely to convince betas to buy something anyway. As for those women, they like controlling their men like that.

Sales clerk was a dude!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-23-2011 06:57 PM)CJ Wrote:  

What? God no. A woman likes a boy to buy her shit, and listen to her opinions, and she may occasionally bang him because she feels obligated to. Conversely, a woman is attracted to a man with alpha characteristics, and wants to bang him.

No more to add.A Guy like this is limiting his potential,settling with a 5-7 bossy Girl who emasculates him and probably is flirting/fucking with alpha males on his back (remember the movie "EuroTrip"?Scotty doesn't know...)

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (05-12-2011 03:55 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Interestingly both guys seem to be kind of drifting in opposite directions as far as their views on women go and attitude towards the whole PUA culture. To me, I guess I kind of like being a more spiritual or philosophical guy, I kind of like to find a balance or a "yin and yang" kind of mentality when it comes to pick up and women in general. Roosh has great thoughts and is very blunt and to the point with his advice, while it can often maybe construed as "sexist, misogynistic, and hateful towards women", you all got to admit that most of what he says is right in this fucked up modern society and culture we live in. Meanwhile, Mark seems to be taken a softer more humanistic approach towards pick up and women, sex, relationships, etc., and to me this is healthy counter balance to many of Roosh's views/philosophies. I'm not trying to break this down into a dichotomy of Roosh vs. Mark, but I feel that both perspectives have a lot of value and merit, and sometimes it's not too good to go overboard with one idea, perspective, attitude, etc.

For me, personally, I spent most of my life being the archetype "beta" when dealing with women, and because of it my results with women were dismal. Once discovering Roosh and reading "Bang" I realized I was being waaay too passive, and was able to slowly tap into my "alphaness", which helped me boost my confidence, presence, and overcome a lot of fears/anxieties. However, like Mark points out in his article, like a lot of guys I overcompensated, and over did it if you will and in a lot of instances just acted like a total arrogant, prick or dick, which in a lot of ways gets you attention from girls, but can alienate your friends, and change your personality in a bad kind of way.

Now I am realizing that a lot of my personality contains traits that a lot of PUA guys might call "beta" (i.e. being honest, caring, wanting to be nice, etc.) Maybe a lot of stupid, hot, shallow sluts, aren't into that kind of guy, unfortunately these are the kind of women I normally sexually attracted to, but maybe I shouldn't be, or rather it might not be in my best self inetest to pursue those types of women. Also, I think a guy can be alpha in a lot of ways (lead a woman, stand up for himself, be confidenet, etc.), but at the same time still be honest, nice, caring, etc., it shouldn't be so cut and dry. So for now, I am going to try to take a Taoistic approach to this and incorporate the teaching of Roosh and Entropy into a kind of yin and yang unity, of the greater aspects of Alpha and Beta, some of the positive aspects of both approaches can surely co-exist...?

totally on board with you there, I guess it's a process every man has to go through, tipping the scale from one extreme to the other until he reaches a balance.

However, I do think that the experience is the only way for you to tell what's for you and what isn't. Everybody should fuck from superhot to megasmart chicks, to ugly, to old, to fat, to thin. You name it, if only for the experience.

A mistake I made in the past was to say beforehand that hot shallow chicks were not my type and I negated myself many experiences (just to prove that I was the shit, so selective and in control), so obviously my game didn't become as good as it should've and when the time came I wasn't ready to handle an LTR with a super HB (with behavior traits I didn't understand) that was also smart and fulfilling in that respect.

That "game", like somebody mentioned earlier, are our weapons. It doesn't mean you're going to use them all the time to hurt or demean women, but a man has to learn to hunt, and there's bound to be some bloodshed at some point.

Then, and ONLY then, with a bigger toolbox you will be able to freely be who you are, like a kid that doesn't give a shit because he can't be hurt.

Nice post OGNorcal707.

There definitely a balance between being a macho, tough guy alpha and just being a well spoken, funny, charming guy.

Sometimes we make it sound like you gotta be a criminal just to get laid. Not all girls want the bad boy type of Alpha.

I think there are different ways to express your Alpha-ness. You just gotta show her that you can connect with her a bring something fresh and exciting to her life. Of course, whatever you do, you better be confident and interesting.

Its not just the bad boys who are getting girls. Any guy that can connect with a girl thru conversation can bang her.

And you gotta adjust your Game to the girl you are talking to. If she is a young, MTV watching, wanna be celebrity chick, then you better come strong with the swag and the cocky-funny stuff.

If she is a more quiet, artsy type of chick, then you gotta go easy with the cocky funny and show her your more artistic, softer side.

Didn't Roosh just half-jokingly say that he was channeling his Inner-Beta because the girls in Poland are so sweet, he doesn't need to be overly macho.

You don't have to be an asshole to get girls. You just gotta be able to fake it sometimes.

Being an asshole can be good for getting sluts, but in the long run, its probably not the best way to go thru life.

Quote: (05-12-2011 08:52 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Your thoughts?

Generally, westernised women do not know what they want. I know real women from traditional patriarchal backgrounds who insist that they do not want to lead and would rather have a man do so.

You can not be a leader operating from an emotional base. Emotions are designed for immediate actions. Leadership is a long term, planned process just like playing chess, predictions, counter-moves and rational assessment.

A person operating from such a stand point will constantly be frustrated and will lead his/her team into a ditch.

It's still all about supply and demand. I know you are talking about Toronto, beta-ville. After some careful deliberation, digesting of some of this forum's material as well as analysis of my true nature, I have know that beta-ism is not the way for me.

I was speaking to some lizard a few days ago on the phone. She was trying to make certain demands and statements, talking about I was boring and I told her, you are very argumentative.

She hung up on me and when I tried to call her back, she didn't respond.

I sent her a text guaranteeing that she won't find a man until she adjusts her behaviour.

She sent me a text and tried to call me a few days later which I ignored of course.

My point is, women want a male with alpha characteristics.

You may not get an immediate return but the women will eventually come back as they do not respect beta males on a physiological level.

Here is an analogy.

Junk food is EVERYWHERE in North America and many people have it as a part of their daily nutritional intake.

However, it doesn't change the fact that their body is designed for good wholesome un-processed foods.

The quality of a person's life who intakes crap will constantly decline until they make a dietary change. Some will recognise the signals sooner than others.
Sooner or later, they will have to do what's good for them.

Women need alpha males. Whether we exhibit such behaviour immediately or not, this is the sort of mindset we need to be cognizant of and strive towards in order to be truly content.

Moma, very good synopsis of alphaness. Many guys equate alphanes with being an asshole, rude or demanding. While alpha personalities may exhibit these qualities in small doses at appropriate times, they are the occasional consequences of alphaneess... not the definition.

Women LIKE to tell a man want to do, but they WANT a man that will tell them what to do.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Being an Alpha male also means being a douchebag for alot of girls. Trust me, it's not always good.

Some chicks want Betas, most chicks want Alphas. It's simple math.