rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eurasianism

Eurasianism

A friend of mine volunteered to write an article on my new publication about the Russian thought process: namely, that Putin and his circle are influenced by the Eurasianism of a philosopher named Alexander Dugin. I learned quite a bit from this, as it seems the Western media just refuses to talk about any of it, at least prominently.

He lays out the philosophy in his book Foundations of Geopolitics and the condensed version in English called The Fourth Political Theory. Basically according to the Eurasianists, an independent Ukraine is an aberration that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Getting familiar with Eurasianism suddenly makes everything that Putin is doing a lot more clear. It really is necessary to brush up on this stuff for a proper understanding of what's going on in Ukraine.

I don't like making bold predictions in this chaotic world but I wouldn't be surprised if something happens in Eastern Ukraine soon, especially given a rapidly-developing pretext for further Russian involvement.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Eurasianism

Some articles: Some videos:

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Eurasianism

I agree with some of what that Dugin guy says, but he comes across as the dreamer he is. A Russian alliance with Germany and Japan? Finland absorbed into Russia... give back Kaliningrad to Germany... etc. LOL. He seems to think Russia would have an easy time accumulating land, even land outside of the former Soviet Union.

He does give fodder to people who are more practical minded (perhaps Putin) who can then reshape his ideas and thoughts into something that is more realistic and achievable.

Eurasianism

Did you know about this exchange between him and a Brazilian (US-estabilished) thinker? http://debateolavodugin.blogspot.com.br/...glish.html