rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Issues with IPhone

Issues with IPhone

Not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this, but I've been having a very upsetting issue with my phone in that I can send text messages but not receive any. My phone is an iPhone 4 from fall of 2010 if that makes any difference. I went to one of the stores of my phone carrier and they couldn't see the problem and referred me to to Apple. Went to the Apple store near me and they also were not able fix it.

Was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and if yes, how did you solve it?

I will be getting a new phone in the next month or so, but for the time being, would like to solve this.

Appreciate an tips you guys can provide on this.

Issues with IPhone

Quote: (04-15-2014 05:52 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this, but I've been having a very upsetting issue with my phone in that I can send text messages but not receive any. My phone is an iPhone 4 from fall of 2010 if that makes any difference. I went to one of the stores of my phone carrier and they couldn't see the problem and referred me to to Apple. Went to the Apple store near me and they also were not able fix it.

Was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and if yes, how did you solve it?

I will be getting a new phone in the next month or so, but for the time being, would like to solve this.

This bullshit happened to me a week ago. It seemed to be the result of the new update. Go to settings, do not disturb and see if under "allow Calls From" it got switched to favorites. If so, switch it to everyone

Issues with IPhone

Are these regular text messages or imessages? Can you send a text to yourself (yes this is a valid test)

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Issues with IPhone

LMMcCoy,
I just did that and set it to "everyone".

Moma,
It's for regular text messages. I did send a text to myself and I received it.

This is total bs and I hope it gets solved ASAP!

Quote: (04-15-2014 05:58 PM)L M McCoy Wrote:  

This bullshit happened to me a week ago. It seemed to be the result of the new update. Go to settings, do not disturb and see if under "allow Calls From" it got switched to favorites. If so, switch it to everyone

Issues with IPhone

If it wasn't at "everyone" then you officially fixed it (I had the same problem)

Issues with IPhone

It was set at everyone. this problem of not receiving texts started slowly by me getting messages with a big gap in time, sometimes hours later. or even worst, id receive them only when im in an area with wifi which doesnt make sense at all.

Oh and speaking of the new update, I haven't updated my phone yet. I heard updating it would slow it even further while taking a lot of space on the phone.

Anyways, I really hope it is fixed now!

Thanks man!

Issues with IPhone

i haven't had any issues with mine, but i have a 5.

Issues with IPhone

Quote: (04-15-2014 06:40 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

It was set at everyone. this problem of not receiving texts started slowly by me getting messages with a big gap in time, sometimes hours later. or even worst, id receive them only when im in an area with wifi which doesnt make sense at all.

Oh and speaking of the new update, I haven't updated my phone yet. I heard updating it would slow it even further while taking a lot of space on the phone.

Anyways, I really hope it is fixed now!

Thanks man!

If that doesn't fix it, update it. You have nothing to lose at this point.

Issues with IPhone

Quote: (04-15-2014 06:40 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

When iOS 5 was released, it ran slow on the iPhone 4. The latest update fixes that slowness.